Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nut
Jul 30, 2019

wtf

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

can you really expect anything else from a liz lad?

a few DRUNK BONERS
Mar 25, 2016

Laterite posted:

rosie o'donnell had american pop culture by the tail from roughly june 1993 to june 2000. we don't question how or why.

she's an asset

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

so has anyone ordered jeni’s yet? i do like ice cream.

what’s in the box?

mawarannahr has issued a correction as of 21:53 on Sep 2, 2021

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

https://www.jenis.com lol

jenis

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

lap up the golden nectar from my jenis

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

mawarannahr posted:

what’s in the box?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XsNIFD7TxwU

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lHpHxLZReiI

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!
working on a secret project

DO NOT ASK WHAT THE PROJECT IS

is there any connection at all between jeff sessions and epstein? like any reason he would help, say, cover poo poo up?

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
They are part of the same cartel.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

mawarannahr posted:

what’s in the box?

pain

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

(Needless to say, ice cream and dessert do, in fact, exist in North Korea)

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

drat i want to eat a tartufo with kim

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/1433857532997607428?s=19

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

declassify dick cheney's energy task force docs as well

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

saudi hit squad right now doing an 80s action movie gearing-up sequence but one of them drops a rifle while trying to put a magazine in and it hits the ground and starts spraying and they all get stuck in the doorway three stooges style trying to escape the room and they have to call for backup to bring the grease again

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Bunch of furnaces gonna be working overtime, as hard drives are shot down a conveyor belt underneath electromagnets and microwave emitters and then hammered into a fine paste

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
Wouldn't matter if we had the names, addresses and roles of everyone involved down to Rumsfeld's personal sommelier, they're all completely protected against all negative consequences.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
i love bureaucracy and dozens of layers of impenetrable abstract hierarchy

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

smarxist posted:

i love bureaucracy and dozens of layers of impenetrable abstract hierarchy

And the alchemy that turns it into highly-suspicious deaths in which foul play is not suspected!

Ross DaouThot
Aug 31, 2018

when i hit that loud and open cspam the adam curtis music starts playing

DirtyRobot posted:

god, Berlatsky would honestly believe that putting up with the torture is the Difficult-But-Ultimately-Correct choice, and he would even pat himself on the back for his "nuanced" assessment relative to all those people who walked away because they must have just not been able to "get it" like he did. His writing is mostly a dumb guy's impression of a smart analysis—and usually in defence of something really vile.

interesting that it’s not a case of too-clever-by-half “defending all sorts of problematic things” because he’s just that kind of dumb guy, it’s more of a “obvious pedophile attempts to throw people off his scent by playing devils advocate on other topics” situation

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/Techno_Fog/status/1433924536886562829?s=19

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Wow how weird, every single guard just called in sick, guess we'll have to hire this temp called Steve J.

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
Dersh

Dersh

Dersh

DershDershDersh

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

Tubgoat posted:

Wouldn't matter if we had the names, addresses and roles of everyone involved down to Rumsfeld's personal sommelier, they're all completely protected against all negative consequences.

Very true, but sometimes...

https://www.npr.org/2019/07/22/744244166/shooters-lawyer-he-wasn-t-trying-to-kill-a-mob-boss-he-was-under-qanon-delusion

quote:

Lawyer: Shooter Wasn't Trying To Kill A Mob Boss. He Was Under 'QAnon' Delusion
July 22, 20198:09 PM ET
Bobby Allyn

A 24-year-old man who has been charged with shooting to death a reputed New York mob boss earlier this year thought he was under the influence of QAnon, pro-Trump Internet postings about the president supposedly battling a cabal of liberal elites, his lawyer wrote in a recent submission to New York state court.

Prosecutors have charged Anthony Comello with murder over the fatal shooting Francesco Cali, the alleged leader of the Gambino crime family who was gunned down outside of his Staten Island home in March.

But in a new court filing, Comello's attorney argues that he became so engrossed with unsupported QAnon theories that on the night of Cali's death, he was acting under a delusion, which included that Democratic politicians, celebrities and people associated with organized crime were part of the "deep state," according to Comello's lawyer. He wrote that his client believed he was on a mission "to save the American way of life."

"Beginning with the election of President Trump in November 2016, Anthony Comello's family began to notice changes to his personality," attorney Robert Gottlieb wrote. "Mr. Comello's support for QAnon went beyond mere participation in a radical political organization, it evolved into a delusional obsession."

When Comello arrived at Cali's home, according to the filing, the plan was to stage a citizen's arrest of Cali, not shoot him. But after a heated exchange with Cali, Comello says the alleged mob boss made a "furtive action with his hand," which made Comello afraid for his life. He then reached into his pickup truck, grabbed a gun and fired at Cali, killing him.

"Because of his self-perceived status in QAnon, Mr. Comello became certain that he was enjoying the protection of President Trump himself, and that he had the president's full support," Gottlieb wrote to the court.

The details contained in the filing are part of Comello's planned "mental disease or defect" defense, Gottlieb said.

News of Cali's death ignited speculation about a possible restart of duels among New York's Mafia families. The New York Daily News reported shortly after Cali's death that investigators initially suspected an underling of Cali, or someone who had a beef with him.

But neither theory turned out to be true, and what really happened, according to Comello's lawyer, was even stranger: Comello carried out his violent act as a way of fighting against the deep state to "expose the entire conspiracy and ensure that every criminal is brought to justice," the filing says.

At a court hearing shortly after his arrest, Comello held up his palms, which had ink scribbling of MAGA, for Make America Great Again, and the letter Q, possibly a QAnon symbol.

Comello had a history of bizarre stunts, according to the filing. He attempted to arrest New York Mayor Bill de Blasio at his official residence, Gracie Mansion, but was thwarted by police. In another instance, Comello went to a federal district courthouse in Manhattan, believing that U.S. Reps. Maxine Waters and Adam Schiff were there. His lawyer said he planned to "arrest and detain" the two Democrats from California. He then went to a U.S. Marshals Service office nearby "but was unsuccessful in securing their assistance in his attempt to arrest both representatives."

A spokesman for the Staten Island District Attorney's Office declined to comment to NPR about the filing.

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid

Tubgoat posted:

And the alchemy that turns it into highly-suspicious deaths in which foul play is not suspected!

apropos of this and not much else, I listened to a trueanon about the former FBI agent who went missing in Iran, and ended up doing a late night Wikipedia binge where I wound up on this guy's page

quote:

Edward Lee Victor Howard (27 October 1951 – 12 July 2002) was a CIA case officer who defected to the Soviet Union.

I read this section and 👁️

quote:

Howard died on July 12, 2002, at his Russian dacha, reportedly from a broken neck after a fall in his home.

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

Qirhan Qirhan

nut
Jul 30, 2019

now mfing costco is sheep dipping people too?

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

:awesome:

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

F

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

nut posted:

now mfing costco is sheep dipping people too?

Wtf are you on about mate?

nut
Jul 30, 2019

Suplex Liberace posted:

Wtf are you on about mate?

lol it was just a bad joke

Goast
Jul 23, 2011

by VideoGames

XMNN posted:

apropos of this and not much else, I listened to a trueanon about the former FBI agent who went missing in Iran, and ended up doing a late night Wikipedia binge where I wound up on this guy's page

I read this section and 👁️

quote:

Howard served as a Peace Corps volunteer in Bucaramanga, Colombia. There he met Mary Cedarleaf in 1973, and they were married three years later in St. Paul, Minnesota. In 1976, Howard earned a master's degree in business administration from the American University in Washington, D.C., and joined USAID. In February 1977, the Howards left for two years to live in Lima, Peru, where he worked on loan projects. There is no evidence to suggest that Howard was anything but a USAID loan officer. After Peru, the Howards returned to the United States, and he went to work in Chicago for a company doing environmental work.[1] On March 19, 1983, the Howards had a son named Lee Howard.[2]

lmao

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
My "I'm nothing but a simple USAID loan officer" shirt is raising a lot of questions which are answered by my shirt.

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
Also lmao Peru just happened to spend the late '70s going through an austerity crisis and rewriting their constitution before "electing" a US-friendly president in 1980.

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

Laterite posted:

My "I'm nothing but a simple USAID loan officer" shirt is raising a lot of questions which are answered by my shirt.

"salutations, fellow kiddos" in spookanese

edit: spookish? spookanian?

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

there's nothing suspicious by my USAID service in Peru in 1977. We did great work trying to figure out how to reverse land reform.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/south-carolina-lawyer-alex-murdaugh-shot-three-months-after-wife-n1278523

somebody hates this lawyer

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"
https://twitter.com/PanvidyaMagnus/status/1434294204243587080?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nut
Jul 30, 2019

dunno if the site thought through the “spread the love” social links…