Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Trapezium Dave posted:

Rall: Blame He Who Must Be Named

Lol, six months guys. Pack it in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

Yeah, that's blood. It'll get better before the show.

Trapezium Dave posted:

Rall: Blame He Who Must Be Named

This is especially infuriating because we're just getting out of a war that started 3 administrations ago

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on the possibility of nitrous oxide being criminalised – Priti Patel announces a review of the use of laughing gas as an intoxicant as Dominic Raab tours states bordering Afghanistan"

Telegraph:

Tax rise for 25 million to pay for social care

Matt:

Dog theft law gets more bite with new ‘pet abduction’ offence

Independent:

After Elizabeth Butler.

The i paper:

Times:

Starmer headache as Corbyn vows to attend Labour conference

Mail:

Stephen Collins:

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

If the leader of Labor becomes the new prime minister he has a rocky road ahead of him.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I saw the edit before I saw the original so I'm just gonna repost the edit here.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Finally, we learn what the cumpass is for.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Raised By Birds posted:

Walt Handelsman
Kellies Nomination: Laziest Non-Gorrell Cartoon

Should maybe be a "worst cartoon about a weather/climate event" sub-category for "a thing happened", drat

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013
Clay Bennett

Steve Breen

Jeff Danziger

Al Goodwyn

Clay Jones

Mike Lester

Henry Payne

Tony Branco

quote:

Ready, Aim, Blame
Biden takes no responsibility for his disaster in Afghanistan, he just wants to blame Trump.

Ben Garrison

quote:

JACINDA ARDERN LOCKS DOWN NEW ZEALAND

New Zealand’s Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern has locked down her country after a single case of Covid-19.

Yes, all it takes is for one person to get sick and millions are locked up in their homes.

It’s clear that this isn’t about stopping a coronavirus. That’s just an excuse to imprison and control entire populations. This is about the ‘Great Reset,’ a new age of high tech globalist tyranny where serfs are carefully tracked and monitored. A few lords at the top will control everything and there are too many willing operatives such as Jacinda who eagerly execute their tyrannical plans.

Shame on Jacida Ardern for her totalitarianism. She should be vilified and ignored, but her henchmen (also known as the police) will most likely pummel anyone refusing to go along with the so called ‘authorities,’ and they’ll gleefully beat uncooperative citizens.

Government is, after all, force.

— Ben Garrison

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Nice to see Bennett's still got it sometimes

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

quote:

Government is, after all, force.

Hmm, yes, good point Ben, so when can we expect your cartoon about the tyranny of the Texas abortion law and how government henchmen (known as the police) are going to use force against women?

ewiley
Jul 9, 2003

More trash for the trash fire

What the hell is the point of this comic??

"poo poo sucks yo"
"yeah but it sometimes gets better"
"huh, yeah sometimes it does"

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

ewiley posted:

What the hell is the point of this comic??

"poo poo sucks yo"
"yeah but it sometimes gets better"
"huh, yeah sometimes it does"

Yeah it's a bit sparse in dialogue, but it's worth it to see the beautiful watercolor and ink landscapes Stantis treats us to

Pleasant Friend
Dec 30, 2008

I guess this is technically a political cartoon.
https://twitter.com/SethMacFarlane/status/1432391417381343234

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Then came the full fury of my monomania, and I struggled in vain against its strange and irresistible influence. In the multiplied objects of the external world I had no thoughts but for the teeth. For these I longed with a frenzied desire. All other matters and all different interests became absorbed in their single contemplation. They—they alone were present to the mental eye, and they, in their sole individuality, became the essence of my mental life. I held them in every light. I turned them in every attitude. 

Though I'll freely admit that for an old racist imperialist who was pro slavery Poe could at least produce good prose.

By popular demand fucked around with this message at 05:51 on Sep 5, 2021

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

Caricaturing Jacinda Ardern based on her teeth is the bit that's closest to normal political cartooning in that Garrison.

Imagine the indexing you're working with when asked for the least free nations and coming up with New Zealand.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Trapezium Dave posted:

Caricaturing Jacinda Ardern based on her teeth is the bit that's closest to normal political cartooning in that Garrison.

Imagine the indexing you're working with when asked for the least free nations and coming up with New Zealand.

No that is actually true. NZ's "Level 4" is probably the harshest and most aggressive lockdown on the planet. That's why it's working against Delta and why we're seeing the numbers go down instead of up.

Was chatting to some Australian folks and was shocked to learn that their "harsh lockdown" still leaves takeaways open.

Also almost everyone in NZ is on board with it to the point where the anti lockdown protests are like, one dude standing in the road.

Literally.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

This is the worst thing I've seen in a while. Drawing women as objects has to be Garrison's special fetish.

P.S. While looking for that one, I found this edit that has apparently been circulating in Indian social media.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

:kstare:Sinfest Sunday!:kstare:

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

So following the pattern, in five years time Ben will have shifted ideologically and be sincerely making cartoons attacking this Indian politician I don't recognize*. Also lol that Bhagwart apparently looks just like Bill Clinton.
*because I'm uneducated about world events.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

So...wasn't Little Sam supposed to be on the verge of remembering who he used to be? Sneakily not taking his special medicine to keep him malleable?
I guess he forgot about that or regressed?

And I know there's no answer since the only explanation is that Ishida is an idiot, but, what's the moral of the Sunday edition?
Sam uses a pride power flag as a shield to protect himself from projectiles without actually caring about what it stands for, but the protestors are still actually the bad guys because they were still willing to throw things at the pride flag and were willing to leave it behind to chase after Sam?

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
This was the run that forced Mr. Sinfest to lock his twitter account because of people yelling at him, right? Because I still can't be bothered to figure out what he's saying.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
this guy just draws this stuff, lies back in his chair, and says to himself, yes, today I have made something profound, today I have really made a statement about the state of the world today, yes. did you see where i made a joke about identifying as an attack helicopter? I am the most cutting satirist alive today

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Mr. Squishy posted:

This was the run that forced Mr. Sinfest to lock his twitter account because of people yelling at him, right? Because I still can't be bothered to figure out what he's saying.

The store is selling things other than straight white people and TERFism. Everything for sale, not being tossed out, is bad. This now includes neurodivergent so get hosed if you have Autism is another Nazi stance he’s picked up? :laffo: Little Sam, wanting to cater to everyone, ran out of money because he didn’t focus on just straight regular white people like his TERF stand in suggested with the thrown out bargain bin items. The Sunday strip I can only imagine is saying even if you cater to THE OTHERS they’re subhumans who will still try to destroy America

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

So the protesters are bad because they doesn't like Kid Uncle Sam but the Kid Uncle Sam is actually bad too?

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Huh... y'know, I think Sinfest just isn't any good.

I did like exactly one comic this week though (which, granted is 1 more than usual), with Kid Sam wanting all of the hats because he wanted to be all things to all people. And now someone can point out the symbolism that I overlooked that means that no, it's actually a terrible cartoon because it means he's being fascist for the fascists as well.l

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

One. loving. Joke.

HJE-Cobra
Jul 15, 2007

Bear Witness

Hell Gem
How is Attack Helicopter not included in the sale bin of obsolete out of date identities, that "joke" is like a million years old and everyone hates it

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
You can tell the woke zombies are bad because they attacked a pride flag (a symbol of a bad thing that they think is good) in order to attack baby uncle sam (a symbol of america, a good thing that they think is bad). They do this because they are destructive nihilists at heart.

As we all know, politics is literally nothing other than attacking symbols of things you dislike and safeguarding symbols of those you like. A literal nazi is just someone with a different opinion, but someone who is willing to attack their own symbols is a deranged lunatic with no morals or principles.

TERFs drape all their poo poo in feminist imagery, so obviously anyone who attacks them must hate women. As soon as there's a female sign on the cover, you can't criticize the book without attacking the "woman" symbol, ergo,

Zulily Zoetrope fucked around with this message at 14:11 on Sep 5, 2021

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:
The cartoon is going on about how bad it is that people adopt or get sold identities. But then complains people don't like these other identities the author thinks are good. Are identities good or bad? We don't know

Also if we're complaining about identities being used as brands online, why is the cartoon including "classical liberal" as a decent identity tragically abandoned? It was most recently popularised online by an alt right youtuber shithead to describe his reactionary non-ideology. It was a brand. Of all the cards we see in the comic, the one that was actually used as an online brand is in the "good identities" bin!

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

So the metaphor of that last comic is that the trans zombies are so consumed with hatred for America and apple pie and traditional family values that they're destroying gay pride power along the way right?

Because in TERFs' brains the trans agenda is to destroy the other LGB letters by forcing gay men to become women and lesbians to become men and bisexuals to (???)

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Randalor posted:

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Randalor posted:

I don't understand why it's even posted here.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

VitalSigns posted:

So the metaphor of that last comic is that the trans zombies are so consumed with hatred for America and apple pie and traditional family values that they're destroying gay pride power along the way right?

Because in TERFs' brains the trans agenda is to destroy the other LGB letters by forcing gay men to become women and lesbians to become men and bisexuals to (???)

Considering queer and the rainbow flag are also now bad things in the bad identity store or coming out of the bad truck in previous strips I’m gonna guess that Tats isn’t giving lip service anymore to pretending to like any non-straight people.

Considering it’s a pride flag with the fist he uses to represent BLM I’m going with “The US bent to the lgbt and BLM rioters demands and those monsters still want to destroy the US!” since BLM = riots per previous strips and he’s dropped any pretending to support anyone not straight

Lawman 0 posted:

It’s a cartoon that’s political. If we made it so only good political cartoons could be posted we’d have nothing to post

Tibalt
May 14, 2017

What, drawn, and talk of peace! I hate the word, As I hate hell, all Montagues, and thee

Lawman 0 posted:

It's relegated to a single post on Sunday already, when there usually isn't any news or new political cartoons to discuss.

But, what would you like to post about instead?

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

Lawman 0 posted:

It's a million times better than Not Calvin and Hobbes, which has been posted in here for years and years.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Context: Maybe Labor should change it's logo from a rose to a monstera in order to connect with younger voters?

FBS posted:

It's a million times better than Not Calvin and Hobbes, which has been posted in here for years and years.

You don't have to hand it to the hateful terf.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

The lack of any coherent consistency is what kills me. The woke zombies hate America, including the Uncle Sam Mecha that Ishida has been using as a symbol of America’s bloated defense spending and power for over a decade. This is after a week of comics where Uncle Sam is shown as being a bratty kid who wants to run up the debt to play dress up with bad identities. So already, the woke zombies are more sympathetic attacking him because he’s A) America, a bad entity and B) Disingenuously buying up identities. You really have to build him up sympathetic for this to work, which being a longer Sunday strip might work.

So to defend himself, he pulls out a black power pride flag. It is very important to note that he just grabs it off the shelf, showing that this is not something he holds dear to himself, but just the closest thing available to use as a literal shield.

But the woke horde is not fooled? Uh….no, actually. They continue their attack regardless, which I guess is supposed to show that the woke don’t REALLY care about these identities. But it reads more like they saw through Sam’s ruse and weren’t fooled by his appropriation of the identity as a shield.

You could easily fix this by having the zombies stopped by the identity, and then the punchline is terf girl noticing the identity he used fall to the ground, lost in the shuffle of all the identities he purchased.

Like he is such a bad writer it’s honestly staggering.

Pants Donkey fucked around with this message at 17:02 on Sep 5, 2021

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Observer:

"Pigs might fly: the Tories’ social care plan – Brexit, levelling up, ‘global Britain’… what could possibly go wrong with the latest offering?"

Sunday Telegraph:

Increase taxes not national insurance to fund social care, says Jeremy Hunt

Matt:

Sunday Times:

Mail on Sunday:

Seven years' jail for dognappers: Pet thieves face lengthy prison terms in major crackdown on trade in stolen animals after incidents almost TRIPLE during Covid lockdown

ScienceSeagull
May 17, 2021

Figure 1 Smart birds.
I love how the gun-toting secret service agents are apparently defenseless against thrown tomatoes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Also, the Sinfest patreon is almost below a thousand a month, meaning he is making less than minimum wage on it.

Dude, I don’t think Ben Shapiro or Abigail Shrier is going to bail you out.