Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

Who What Now posted:

Wait so gay characters just aren't ever allowed to die?

Are you aware that it was basically illegal for gays to have a happy ending in fiction for decades?

So, yeah, gently caress puritan morality, all gays get happy, loving endings by law for 30 years unless the writer is openly gay.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/His...t%20the%20time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Hiro Protagonist posted:

Oh, hadn't known that, I assumed Cio was getting loving bodied in the next comic, that's good to hear. Like, yeah, bad poo poo can happen, it would just suck to kill Cio for cheap drama. Probably wouldn't happen, because it doesn't feel very KSBD, but I was a little :ohdear:.

I mean, there's still a decent chance that she gets even more hosed up than she currently is (if only to deny Allison the rest of her support network at this extremely trying time), but odds are it ain't going to be permanent.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Malpais Legate posted:

Yeah there's no way in hell that after all that build up for White Chain's apotheosis that Abaddon would just off her.

I wouldn't be surprised if she's heavily wounded like Allison and Cio, but she's definitely alive.
Yeah, this is definitely the Part We'll Hate, but she'll be back.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

With the teleportation ability granted by the key Allison may be uniquely able to go into the void to grab an angel, so even if White Chain got "killed" we'll probably see her again soon. Though I suspect she's in roughly the same condition as the two we've seen. They seem to have taken the same hit, being merged into one being at the time.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Mile'ionaha posted:

Are you aware that it was basically illegal for gays to have a happy ending in fiction for decades?

As a queer non-binary person yes I am aware of how poo poo LGBTQIA+ rep has been for forever.

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...
I'm genuinely surprised at people willing to question Abaddon's handling of LGBTQIA+ characters (or any characters), given their ongoing track-record these past 9 years.

Unless this is just an idle thought experiment.

Reclaimer
Sep 3, 2011

Pierced through the heart
but never killed

Nilbop posted:

I'm genuinely surprised at people willing to question Abaddon's handling of LGBTQIA+ characters (or any characters), given their ongoing track-record these past 9 years.

Unless this is just an idle thought experiment.

I explained a trope, then specifically stated I wasn't worried about it here. Even if Cio dies, which :smithfrog: seems pretty likely right now.

I don't think anyone's doing what you're surprised at.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Bongo Bill posted:

The song "Baby Got Back" (1992) by Sir Mix-A-Lot passes the Bechdel Test.

What kind of judgement are you making about Baby Got Back here, sir/madam?

Hempuli
Nov 16, 2011

You can save 2 of the non-Mammon, non-Jagganoth demiurges for a later redemption arc, eventual friendship with the protagonists, and a spot in the spinoff comic where they all live as roommates and wacky hijinks ensue.
Who do you pick?

IMO:
- Mottom would be fun but she had too much of a dynamic with Mammon to come back
- David kind of played out his hand of cards but it'd be neat to see if he's able to change in the face of losing his everything... again
- Jadis wouldn't really work for a redemption arc but I'm definitely very curious as to what her role could still be
- Gog is still definitely alive and tbh while she'd be a fun roommate to have(?!), her general nature is kinda non-redemptionable?
- Incubus would probably need a *lot* of redeeming but we definitely have yet to see him fight Maya so there's that

Ergo, I'd probably pick Jadis and... I was going to say David because I like his style but tbh I'll have to change my answer to Incubus.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
Gog and her pal, Gog

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

Bongo Bill posted:

The song "Baby Got Back" (1992) by Sir Mix-A-Lot passes the Bechdel Test.

lol, nice

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Hempuli posted:

You can save 2 of the non-Mammon, non-Jagganoth demiurges for a later redemption arc, eventual friendship with the protagonists, and a spot in the spinoff comic where they all live as roommates and wacky hijinks ensue.
Who do you pick?

IMO:
- Mottom would be fun but she had too much of a dynamic with Mammon to come back
- David kind of played out his hand of cards but it'd be neat to see if he's able to change in the face of losing his everything... again
- Jadis wouldn't really work for a redemption arc but I'm definitely very curious as to what her role could still be
- Gog is still definitely alive and tbh while she'd be a fun roommate to have(?!), her general nature is kinda non-redemptionable?
- Incubus would probably need a *lot* of redeeming but we definitely have yet to see him fight Maya so there's that

Ergo, I'd probably pick Jadis and... I was going to say David because I like his style but tbh I'll have to change my answer to Incubus.

Just in a giving each character their due POV.
-We havent had any Jadis yet.
-David's done. Hes been beaten down and his home is an ash waste once again.
--Mottom's also done. Her greatest fears come to pass, but small comfort to her, at least she'll die looking young.
-Gog, I feel like she's not done yet, but yeah shes pretty irredeemable by nature, being a hungering swarm more than a person.
-Favorite filth boy inky's far from done. Maya has a bone to pick. But maybe she'll take pity on him again and stay her hand make the same mistake, again.

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

Hempuli posted:

the spinoff comic where they all live as roommates and wacky hijinks ensue.

The goofball and straight man type sitcom taken to the extreme where Jadis is the ultimate straight man just sitting there in her ice block with no response to anything while Gog loses her poo poo trying to entertain and get laughs to no avail.

It probably would be good for like one episode but it takes the trope about as far as it can go.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Surprised so many people are saying no to Dave. He's lost everything except himself, and he's got a whole new chapter of his life ahead of him. He seems like the obvious pick for an ally/roomie.

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO
May 8, 2006
Solomon David goes out in a blaze of glory in the next five pages with a ten point ten finger strike and gives Allison and Cio a chance to escape with Jadis. Incubus escapes offscreen, Mottom is done.

Hempuli
Nov 16, 2011

Twenty Four posted:

The goofball and straight man type sitcom taken to the extreme where Jadis is the ultimate straight man just sitting there in her ice block with no response to anything while Gog loses her poo poo trying to entertain and get laughs to no avail.

It probably would be good for like one episode but it takes the trope about as far as it can go.

The demiurge party:

- Mottom broods on the sofa all night, getting drunk on really expensive red wine and hurling insults at everyone who's nearby
- Solomon David joins for half an hour out of a sense of obligation, downs a bottle of vodka way too quickly but uses special breathing to instantly metabolize it. Then he goes to his room to meditate, check his stocks and powernap so that he can be perfectly fresh tomorrow
- Jadis is being kept in a corner; Gog and Incubus cool their drinks on her crystal casing
- Mammon has curled up in front of the fireplace and sleeps soundly throughout, like the good dog he is
- Gog is either on the dance floor, daring other guests to drink with her or taking embarrassing pics of other guests and publishing them immediately on instagram
- Jagganoth sits in a different corner, reading philosophy
- Incubus arrives 3 hours late, materializing from a pool of vomit and immediately steals a lighter and some cigarrettes from a passed-out guest. He either parties or tries to hit on other people

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS

Hempuli posted:

- Gog is either on the dance floor, daring other guests to drink with her or taking embarrassing pics of other guests and publishing them immediately on instagram

Not doing all three at once?

Rhaka
Feb 15, 2008

Practice knighthood and learn
the art that dignifies you

Hempuli posted:

- Incubus arrives 3 hours late, materializing from a pool of vomit and immediately steals a lighter and some cigarrettes from a passed-out guest. He either parties or tries to hit on other people

:barf:

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!

Hempuli posted:

Who do you pick?

Gog-Agog and Incubus, no contest. High on the "wacky hijinks", low on the "redemption arc".

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

I enjoy the sight of humans on their knees.
That was a joke... unless..?
I reject the premise and save all demiurges.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

I think they've all earned the kind of death they're now receiving

Dracula Factory
Sep 7, 2007

I would assume David is done, either dead or so broken after that loss that he won't be able to do much. But he's my favorite of the demiurges so it would be cool to see him go through a whole new thing and become a good person, but it doesn't seem like that's going to happen.

Hempuli
Nov 16, 2011

Slashrat posted:

Not doing all three at once?

Fair enough! Every demiurge gets to invite a couple friends; Gog just brings a couple extra Gogs

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

FuturePastNow posted:

With the teleportation ability granted by the key Allison may be uniquely able to go into the void to grab an angel, so even if White Chain got "killed" we'll probably see her again soon. Though I suspect she's in roughly the same condition as the two we've seen. They seem to have taken the same hit, being merged into one being at the time.

They're about to take the same Teabag of Death hit

Wellwinds
Mar 20, 2010

Darth Walrus posted:

I mean, there's still a decent chance that she gets even more hosed up than she currently is (if only to deny Allison the rest of her support network at this extremely trying time), but odds are it ain't going to be permanent.

I feel like she's about to take mammon's key and become yabalcoath again and that keeps her in the fight but fucks up their relationship

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Rogue AI Goddess posted:

I reject the premise and kill all demiurges.

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
Reach Heaven Through Unwarranted Redemption

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

YaketySass posted:

Reach Heaven Through Unwarranted Redemption

The final name of YISUN is Yeshua

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

mammon and dave seem to be the least bad of the seven. dave has his whole authoritarian system but the people at least seem, on the surface, cared for. not bad but not good per se.

mammon had desperate people trying to rob him and they found a strange sort of peace in their lives just existing in the shadow of a once great god. content to love their lives in relative peace as long as they fell into line.

we haven’t seen anything of jadis’ lands but i assume it’s a calvinistic authoritarian land much like the others.

incubus, mottom, jaggs, and gog all seem ducking hellish in comparison. but again that relies on comparison to something slightly less lovely. getting beat once a day is a paradise compared to 30 times a day.

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---
I'd guess Mammon's worlds were probably Mottom tier barren hellscapes, just with layers and layers of bureaucracy between the exploitation of everything available in them and the currency in the vault. Y'know, Mammon getting to ignore the suffering his empire caused as opposed to Mottom personally attending to the literal blood sacrifices her empire was doing to keep her evil husband tree alive.

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

We're talking about an actual dragon sitting on an actual pile of gold, which in itself represents incomprehensible amounts of exploited labor. He is literally a banker and the physical incarnation of greed.

What I'm saying is I doubt he's running a cosmic welfare state out there.

ThaumPenguin fucked around with this message at 00:24 on Sep 6, 2021

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Darth Walrus posted:

Surprised so many people are saying no to Dave. He's lost everything except himself, and he's got a whole new chapter of his life ahead of him. He seems like the obvious pick for an ally/roomie.

It'll just be a repeat of his backstory only maybe Allison punches his head off.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Hypocrisy posted:

It'll just be a repeat of his backstory only maybe Allison punches his head off.

Will it, though? He tried that approach, and it didn't work. Hard to say whether his pride would even allow him to repeat it rather than trying something completely different. Plus, White Chain and Allison (and possibly Cio) seem like they'd be far more emotionally healthy people to hang out with than Ki Rata monks.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

the demiurges each are responsible for ruining an entire one seventh of all of creation in their own specific way sharing a romcom apartment with them isn't going to lead to loving midnight kisses on the couch

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Reach Heaven Through Wanting to Bone Existence's Worst Disaster

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

Cowcaster posted:

Reach Heaven Through Wanting to Bone Existence's Worst Disaster

My ex wasn't that bad... maybe

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.

Cowcaster posted:

the demiurges each are responsible for ruining an entire one seventh of all of creation in their own specific way sharing a romcom apartment with them isn't going to lead to loving midnight kisses on the couch

Counterpoint, see my AV.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
hot take but i think Dave is gonna die to save White Chain

he finally created a daughter even if was entirely by accident and he would have killed her in the next instant for offending his Lawyer Brain, but if Rayuba has to burn again i imagine he'd make a stand with every fiber of his being

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

paranoid randroid posted:

hot take but i think Dave is gonna die to save White Chain

he finally created a daughter even if was entirely by accident and he would have killed her in the next instant for offending his Lawyer Brain, but if Rayuba has to burn again i imagine he'd make a stand with every fiber of his being

He might also do it because between Jagg’s entrance probably killing all of his sons and this, it seems like a safe bet that White Chain is the very last piece of his legacy at this point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Regalingualius posted:

He might also do it because between Jagg’s entrance probably killing all of his sons and this, it seems like a safe bet that White Chain is the very last piece of his legacy at this point.

its solomon david so personal pride is easily mistaken for affection, so lets call it six of one, half dozen the other

e. have i mentioned that salami dave is easily one of my favorite antagonists in recent memory

paranoid randroid fucked around with this message at 05:46 on Sep 6, 2021