Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice
love that we're so hosed up on capitalism and brands i can't honestly tell if this is real or not

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
He is the guy behind the official Oreo account, lmao.

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

don’t buy oreos

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice
apparently he's a comedian but that still doesn't solve my conundrum

he also claims he got banned from tindr for photoshopping a baby yoda into a picture of himself (not in a gross way)

https://www.boredpanda.com/guy-gets...ampaign=organic

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

inferis posted:

don’t buy oreos

Nice try, Hydrox.

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

Paladinus posted:

Nice try, Hydrox.

ok scab

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

I don't think O-R-E-OKAY would hold up in court

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Shame Boy posted:

I don't think O-R-E-OKAY would hold up in court

Well they also only gave permission to use not own the tweet

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
that whole bit is just one long ad

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Peanut President posted:

that whole bit is just one long ad

It makes oreos seem more repulsive so it's not a very good one IMO

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Mr. Lobe posted:

It makes oreos seem more repulsive so it's not a very good one IMO

But EnGaGeMeNt

Marketing is a parasitic class

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Every single political party in Canada is vowing to ban foreign home ownership in Canada ahead of the federal election as everyone is suffering from insane housing prices, but yet Trudeau's party is running a serial house flipper multi millionaire in Canada's most expensive city.

https://twitter.com/ynd_jnd/status/1433888629475131400?s=19

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

Every single political party in Canada is vowing to ban foreign home ownership in Canada ahead of the federal election as everyone is suffering from insane housing prices, but yet Trudeau's party is running a serial house flipper multi millionaire in Canada's most expensive city.

The “Liberal” banner makes it

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

The Nastier Nate posted:

The “Liberal” banner makes it

The Canadian liberal party is exactly what cspam goons think of as the definition of liberal.

Basically

Conservative party = die
Liberals = die 🌈
New Democrats = die a bit slower 🌈👳‍♂️

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

thats one big mic

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice

The Canadian liberal party is exactly what cspam goons think of as the definition of liberal.

Basically

Conservative party = die
Liberals = die 🌈
New Democrats = die a bit slower 🌈👳‍♂️

the conservative party is the party of evil
the liberal party is the party of betrayal
the ndp is the party that wants to be the party of betrayal

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001
https://twitter.com/satanas_jorge/status/1434455746155106305?s=19

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Oh, don't worry, they will demolish the shacks soon, and build high-end apartment complexes there.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Paladinus posted:

Oh, don't worry, they will demolish the shacks soon, and build high-end apartment complexes there.

I don't think anyone wants to live in high-end apartment complexes next to an amazon warehouse in Tijuana

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Shame Boy posted:

I don't think anyone wants to live in high-end apartment complexes next to an amazon warehouse in Tijuana

prepare to have your mind blown.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
Whoever they buy off with (for the area) enormous wages will want to live there. It's how colonialism works anywhere

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

tokin opposition posted:

Whoever they buy off with (for the area) enormous wages will want to live there. It's how colonialism works anywhere

Sure, and it will be enough money to live in the slightly better shacks.

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice

Shame Boy posted:

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Shame Boy posted:

Sure, and it will be enough money to live in the slightly better shacks.

American style shacks, yes. They'll be in texas style builder's second grade open concept "townhouses" that need Rhode Island sized air conditioners to keep at a livable temperature.

But at least the labor will be cheap.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
My Sim City 2000 game just after I unlock arcologies

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Shame Boy posted:

High-end apartments aren't for people to live in, they are for rich foreign investors to park their money.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

is pepsi ok posted:

High-end apartments aren't for people to live in, they are for rich foreign investors to park their money.

Do rich people buy investment apartments in slums in Tijuana?

I'm genuinely curious, it seems like that wouldn't be a particularly juicy market but I don't actually know.

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Shame Boy posted:

Do rich people buy investment apartments in slums in Tijuana?

I'm genuinely curious, it seems like that wouldn't be a particularly juicy market but I don't actually know.

Who cares if it's a good location, the point is that you invest and sell it to another investor in a year for twice as much as you paid. Actual value is irrelevant. This system is good and sustainable.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

BonHair posted:

Who cares if it's a good location, the point is that you invest and sell it to another investor in a year for twice as much as you paid. Actual value is irrelevant. This system is good and sustainable.

Not if it gets squatted in and torched by angry locals, which is why I'm curious. It seems like a very bad place to locate an unoccupied investment.

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Shame Boy posted:

Not if it gets squatted in and torched by angry locals, which is why I'm curious. It seems like a very bad place to locate an unoccupied investment.

Just hire security. Now the price of the place is higher, and that just gets added to your profit. But yeah, Montréal seems like a better place, you might even use your investment there.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Insurance means faster returns.

BIG HORNY COW
Apr 11, 2003
It won't be foreign investors laundering money in a real estate scam in Tijuana - that will be a great place for the cartel to do some laundering.

See also: Miami in the 80s

DarkEuphoria
Nov 7, 2012

this might as well be a picture from an amazon facility in california, though you’d have more tents and tarps and less wood, because the cops don’t let people here build semi permanent structures

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

I heard they have a time machine in there.

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Deepfake technology has really come along way

Line Feed
Sep 7, 2012

Seeds taste better with friends.

Woof Blitzer posted:

I heard they have a time machine in there.

Can I use it to kill Amazon while they're still just a scrubby book seller?

ajkalan
Aug 17, 2011

Line Feed posted:

Can I use it to kill Amazon while they're still just a scrubby book seller?

What, and instead put the world under the yoke of Pets.com? No thank you.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

ajkalan posted:

What, and instead put the world under the yoke of Pets.com? No thank you.

The company that would be The Amazon in an alternate reality would be Sears. They had a head start on Amazon in almost every way and invested heavily on internet poo poo very early, then Eddie Lampert pissed it all down his leg by being a psychopath-level randroid and trying to run the company like a free market internally.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
I've read through all the poo poo Lampert did to Sears multiple times* and I can still barely believe it happened. That anyone could be so loving stupid and cruel.

* usually when the company I work for does something incredibly horrible or stupid, to make myself feel better. "Sure the c-suite are inbred born-to-rule pricks who have had everything in their lives handed to them on a golden platter while telling anyone who'll listen how self-made they are, but at least they aren't Eddie Lampert levels of evil and stupid."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Chairman
Jun 30, 2003

But you forget, mon ami, that there is evil everywhere under the sun

Shame Boy posted:

The company that would be The Amazon in an alternate reality would be Sears. They had a head start on Amazon in almost every way and invested heavily on internet poo poo very early, then Eddie Lampert pissed it all down his leg by being a psychopath-level randroid and trying to run the company like a free market internally.

yeah, to expand on this, Sears was one of the co-owners of Prodigy, founded in 1984, and they along with the other owners CBS and IBM invested about a billion dollars into it before deciding to sell it off at a loss just prior to the Internet going mainstream because their executives did not think it was appropriate for a department store chain to be spending so much money on irrelevant technology fads with no application to their core business

this was also a couple years after ending the distribution of their mail-order catalogs because they required too many employees to process and handle orders through the mail and telephone

this predated the Eddie Lampert shitshow by about a decade and a half, but Sears was chock full of terrible decisions like this all through the 90s and 2000s, like selling off their successful non-retail subsidiaries so they could buy Kmart