Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Terminally Bored
Oct 31, 2011

Twenty-five dollars and a six pack to my name

RFC2324 posted:

Colorado is way better.

For one thing, we aren't about to fall off into the ocean :smug:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31BPXv15HnY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

ranbo das posted:

Every state sucks, California is just funny because they both suck harder than most and also get hyper defensive about it.

:emptyquote:

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Zil posted:

We did all of our fire stuff in 2011, note we are still not good nor were we then.

Lived there until 2013, I vaguely remember that, but it was nothing compare to what states with actual trees look like while on fire

Current:
https://fire.airnow.gov/

size of the texas fires

We are looking at whole different scales, its just that texans can't handle their poo poo not being as big and bad as what grownups handle

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

Don't worry, Ellie, the non-Californians are just jealous of our sick surf spots

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
(that's Californian for melanomas)

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.

a sexual elk posted:

The LA thread is pretty much half Chicagoon transplants.

Chicago exists to ritually purify improv comedians so that they can be exported then sacrificed to keep the Lovecraftian gods under LA & New York asleep.

E: it used to be we'd just send them off and remain blissfully unaware of the torment they endured, but then some rear end in a top hat had to invent podcasts.

mysterious frankie has a new favorite as of 18:18 on Sep 5, 2021

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

CPColin posted:

Don't worry, Ellie, the non-Californians are just jealous of our sick surf spots

Hey, we got some of those in the mountains too!

CPColin posted:

(that's Californian for melanomas)

This changes nothing

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
If California doesn't suck then why are 1 in 5 license plates in my town Californians fleeing the constant flaming waterlessness in a desperate bid to survive climate change?

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

No. 1 ANIME HATER posted:

If California doesn't suck then why are 1 in 5 license plates in my town Californians fleeing the constant flaming waterlessness in a desperate bid to survive climate change?
Because a lot of them are transplants anyway

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
LOL of course y'all would invent No True Californian

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
1 in 8 Americans live in California, which is an indictment on the place

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

No. 1 ANIME HATER posted:

we have a program where we send out scouts to colonize other states. we are working on texas and georgia atm. or you know its insanely high cost to live in even poo poo areas so alot of people who can afford to move move. the ones who cant afford to move are stuck there as indentured servants to what ever new gig app is popular in their area

snergle has a new favorite as of 19:18 on Sep 5, 2021

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
https://mobile.twitter.com/jil_slander/status/1434394613918359552

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

snergle posted:

we have a program where we send out scouts to colonize other states. we are working on texas and georgia atm. or you know its insanely high cost to live in even poo poo areas so alot of people who can afford to move move. the ones who cant afford to move are stuck there as indentured servants to what ever new gig app is popular in their area

so what you are saying is that living in california sucks? :thunk:

Semi-Protato
Sep 11, 2001

RFC2324 posted:

/\/\/\ being on fire is how you know a place is good. Notice Texas isn't on fire?

Colorado is way better.

For one thing, we aren't about to fall off into the ocean :smug:

No one's actually from Colorado except for the mountain loonies who voted for Lauren Boebert. Everyone else moved there from either Wisconsin or California because the foothills is their outdoorsy promised land and now won't shut up about being from Colorado like it's their whole personality.

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Do Americans even realize that places outside America exist? Like, Denmark is pretty nice, and so is the Netherlands. Iran has some pretty good places to live as well, as does New Zealand, Japan and a bunch of other places.

It's just weird that you go straight to comparisons to other American states instead of considering the rest of the world.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

BonHair posted:

Do Americans even realize that places outside America exist? Like, Denmark is pretty nice, and so is the Netherlands. Iran has some pretty good places to live as well, as does New Zealand, Japan and a bunch of other places.

It's just weird that you go straight to comparisons to other American states instead of considering the rest of the world.

:911: Its called American Exceptionalism for a reason, its not global exceptionalism.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

BonHair posted:

America is basically 50 countries in a trenchcoat.

Also, no one else will have any of us so the only available moves are to other states.

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

BonHair posted:

I realize these places exist and also that I might never get the chance to see them. Which I'm super happy about :rolleye:, you smug poo poo

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

CainFortea posted:

America is basically 50 countries in a trenchcoat.

Also, no one else will have any of us so the only available moves are to other states.

its this

and all the states hate each other

Semi-Protato posted:

No one's actually from Colorado except for the mountain loonies who voted for Lauren Boebert. Everyone else moved there from either Wisconsin or California because the foothills is their outdoorsy promised land and now won't shut up about being from Colorado like it's their whole personality.

I was born in Colorado but grew up in Texas. its fun annoying the hell out of the Native Coloradan types

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

RFC2324 posted:

and all the states hate each other
Personally I don't have the time to hate any other states (Except Delaware. gently caress you, Delaware). I'm too busy hating almost every other part of this state.

ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

BonHair posted:

I do love how you're like "man, these Americans are talking about how much the US sucks and just ignoring the rest of the world" like you can't find Americans making GBS threads on the rest of the world everywhere on the internet.

I'm sure wherever you live sucks too, don't worry. Not California levels of suck though.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Ellie Trashcakes posted:

Personally I don't have the time to hate any other states (Except Delaware. gently caress you, Delaware). I'm too busy hating almost every other part of this state.

delaware isn't real, it's made up by corporations and they lobbied to get it on the flag

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

BonHair posted:

The gently caress is this post? Americans are more likely to have seen or been exposed to people from other parts of America than other places around the world. Not to mention domestic travel, whether because you're moving or because you're just visiting, is a lot easier compared to international.

Like, if I see rolling grasslands, I think "wow, this looks like the parts of middle America I saw when driving coast to coast for a move." Not "wow, this looks like the Mongolian steppe, a place I remember seeing in a documentary once or twice."

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

Ellie Trashcakes posted:

Bakersfield, amirite?

Emily Spinach
Oct 21, 2010

:)
It’s 🌿Garland🌿!😯😯😯 No…🙅 I am become😤 😈CHAOS👿! MMMMH😋 GHAAA😫
Yeah, especially if you're talking about moving place to place, it's generally a lot easier (as an American) to move to another state than to actually emigrate to another country.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

CPColin posted:

Bakersfield, amirite?

I hear things about Riverside frequently

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

https://twitter.com/Harry101UK/status/1434546866746576900?s=20

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

RFC2324 posted:

I hear things about Riverside frequently
It's bad

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life

BonHair posted:

Scandinavian spotted.

I've been to half those places I'd much rather live in Ohio

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

BonHair posted:

There's nothing I'd love more than to live in Iceland.

But more to your point, if you leave the United States your chances of coming in contact with some godforsaken English person increase dramatically.

No thank you.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

the reason is, it's terrible pizza.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Mr. Crow posted:

Scandinavian spotted.

We hope you get the help you need

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Mr. Crow posted:

Scandinavian spotted.

ok, now you have just gone too far.

:mods:

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

A lot of the US is basically English anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Mr. Crow posted:

Scandinavian spotted.

Wish granted.