Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: ZShakespeare)

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Its not an S, on my planet it means QUIPS

GonadTheBallbarian posted:

Thanks for the genuine answers folks, I've reached out and got a completely useless response.

Especially when, and here's the important bit: the people you want me to ask are hopelessly incompetent.

You're welcome! Also I don't actually know you, so all I have to go on is your posts; where you asked how you could help the dippers since you can't vote :shrug: if you don't want to help them increase their competence, then that's ok too idgaf but I dunno what you want to hear

I'm just putting up signs so far in my riding cuz I don't want to phone bank and I'm not available for canvassing yet, hopefully I'll find some time to do the latter but it's doubtful

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

Working a phone bank - connecting with people who answer the phone when it rings, to speak, with words - sounds thoroughly dismal

Hexigrammus
May 22, 2006

Cheech Wizard stories are clean, wholesome, reflective truths that go great with the marijuana munchies and a blow job.
The only people I know who don't screen their calls have dementia.

Still, they can vote so it's worth the effort I guess.

Gros Tarla
Dec 30, 2008

Less Fat Luke posted:

I know people who have had good experiences with using Xanax or Ativan for that FWIW.

gently caress, I was prescribed Ativan for my panic attacks a while ago. Basically, was told to pop one when I feel it creeping in.

Did that during my morning commute one day when I felt like I was losing control. Ended up freaking out in the Montreal metro and looping the orange line. Holy poo poo that sucked.

I've been prescribed a bunch of poo poo since then but never dared to try again as now medication makes me anxious lol. I really need to sort this out, even though I have it mostly under control for now. Anxiety sucks.

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret
And in a perfect analogy for the Kenney government.

Rodeo beer gardens got alberta health permission to serve alcohol past 10 pm while pride events have not.

https://twitter.com/CTVchrisepp/status/1434326174281338883?s=20

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

apatheticman posted:

And in a perfect analogy for the Kenney government.

Rodeo beer gardens got alberta health permission to go past 10 pm while pride events have not.

https://twitter.com/CTVchrisepp/status/1434326174281338883?s=20

Every time this government manages to convince me they've done the absolute dumbest, shittiest, most hosed up thing, they always manage to top themselves.

I went to the Museum of the Spanish Inquisition in Toledo, and I thought... "how would someone even conceive of some of these things, much less want to apply them to a human being?" but now I get it.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

loving hell that's some real life Beaverton right there

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

PittTheElder posted:

loving hell that's some real life Beaverton right there

The Beaverton was probably planning to write something like that but decided not to because it was too loving outlandishly stupid to even qualify as satire.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
You know, when I think of cowboys dying of lung disease, it's always a pack of Laramies doing them in, rather than a rodeo plague.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

infernal machines posted:

You know, when I think of cowboys dying of lung disease, it's always a pack of Laramies doing them in, rather than a rodeo plague.

They're all gonna get worms too because there's no dewormer on the shelves for the horses.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Wish I didn't have to share the Calgary Herald to point out to my rural friends what a shitshow the UCP is being but even they are turning on Kenney. Don Braid is still a useless rear end kisser.

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

Arc Hammer posted:

Wish I didn't have to share the Calgary Herald to point out to my rural friends what a shitshow the UCP is being but even they are turning on Kenney. Don Braid is still a useless rear end kisser.

When you've lost Corbella, who carries enough water for the UCP to fill the great lakes, you've hosed up.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Arc Hammer posted:

loving Rick Bell has turned on Kenney.

I don't know what the gently caress is going on the the UCP's tiny minds, but they absolutely made the wrong call in every conceivable way here. Even the people who were like, "get everyone vaccinated and open 'er up!" are livid. The bars are getting hit by the liquor curfew (and the exemptions), everyone's pissed off at the $100 thing, and the anti-vaxxers are pissed off about the mask mandates and being bribed to get the mark of the beast or whatever feebled-minded horseshit they believe.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Rick Bell's meltdown yesterday was pretty incredible. He's always been the voice of the reactionary crazies so to hear him shouting something that approached being sensible while Kenney utterly failed to provide a good answer was entertaining.

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret
https://twitter.com/TimmCTV/status/1434347696005861377?s=20

Ah to be a fly on the wall at wherever they made this decision in AHS.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

apatheticman posted:

https://twitter.com/TimmCTV/status/1434347696005861377?s=20

Ah to be a fly on the wall at wherever they made this decision in AHS.

oh poo poo boys we're gonna look bad if we don't give it to the queers too drat PC bullshit

Lars Blitzer
Aug 17, 2004

He drinks a Whiskey drink, he drinks a Vodka drink
He drinks a Lager drink, he drinks a Cider drink...

Dick Tracy's number one fan.

Arivia posted:

oh poo poo boys we're gonna look bad if we don't give it to the queers too drat PC bullshit

Currently organizers of Pride events across the province are gathering together as many cowboy hats, bales of hay, and leather harnesses. I fully expect the government to be bombarded with requests to classify all the LGBTQ2+ bars as "Rodeos."

ZShakespeare
Jul 20, 2003

The devil can cite Scripture for his purpose!

GonadTheBallbarian posted:

Thanks for the genuine answers folks, I've reached out and got a completely useless response.

These particular bitter shut-ins have been known to have clever ideas from time to time and I figured it was worth the effort to see if anyone has a brilliant suggestion.

Especially when, and here's the important bit: the people you want me to ask are hopelessly incompetent.

I volunteered with the NDP for a couple of years, showing up to farmers markets and talking to people. All you have to do is show up. They didn't have any ideas to put my computer touching skills to use.

I honestly think that independent organizing and pushing for specific policies is a better way to go than donating time to a party that will never have any power and wouldn't know what to do with it if they did.

That being said I'm not aware of any organizations that operate in that space, have good politics, and can utilize computer touchers ( maybe because computer touchers seem to mostly be libertarian poo poo heads?)

tagesschau
Sep 1, 2006

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
THE SPEECH SUPPRESSOR

Remember: it's "antisemitic" to protest genocide as long as the targets are brown.

PT6A posted:

The Beaverton was probably planning to write something like that but decided not to because it was too loving outlandishly stupid to even qualify as satire.

Beaverton writers taking the long weekend off by configuring the site to regurgitate the Alberta government's RSS feed.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

With reguards to the rodeo thing.

Is it really a good idea to encourage drinking amongst the crowd whose livers are already in shutdown mode from the horse paste?

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
Depends, I mean it's not like there's a significant load on ICU capacity at the moment.

Syfe
Jun 12, 2006

With that many paste eaters at a rodeo, I imagine the on site vet will need added security to their on hand supply. :allears:

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

I feel sorry for the porta potties, really.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

McGavin posted:

I feel sorry for the porta potties, really.

I get the joke but it's not like portapottties have an otherwise pleasant existence.

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

ZShakespeare posted:

I volunteered with the NDP for a couple of years, showing up to farmers markets and talking to people. All you have to do is show up. They didn't have any ideas to put my computer touching skills to use.

I honestly think that independent organizing and pushing for specific policies is a better way to go than donating time to a party that will never have any power and wouldn't know what to do with it if they did.

That being said I'm not aware of any organizations that operate in that space, have good politics, and can utilize computer touchers ( maybe because computer touchers seem to mostly be libertarian poo poo heads?)

This is also very good advice.

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the dank of Sapho that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion.

Blood Boils posted:

This is also very good advice.

:hai:

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Churches are exempt from Alberta's mask requirements because of loving course they are.

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Medals only weigh one down.

Powershift posted:

Churches are exempt from Alberta's mask requirements because of loving course they are.

:canada: "Sorry folks, you're not allowed to recklessly endanger every stranger you pass by."

:tfrxmas: "But what about in church?"

:canada: "Church? Yeah you can murder your neighbors at church, why not."

Crow Buddy
Oct 30, 2019

Guillotines?!? We don't need no stinking guillotines!

ZShakespeare posted:

It won’t specifically help the NDP but if you are a leftist computer toucher, it is important to talk about your politics with your fellow computer touchers. The libertarian techbros are just the loudest, they don’t speak for everyone and alternative voices need to speak up.

folytopo
Nov 5, 2013

Crow Buddy posted:

It won’t specifically help the NDP but if you are a leftist computer toucher, it is important to talk about your politics with your fellow computer touchers. The libertarian techbros are just the loudest, they don’t speak for everyone and alternative voices need to speak up.

There are a decent amount of useful computer toucher roles on campaigns. The big problem is they all require training and trust and so they are not going to on board people with two weeks left. Random people are not getting full access to the database or any web page.

FormaldehydeSon
Oct 1, 2011

Going to my nearest Elections Canada office to vote by special ballot so I can write in Hillary Clinton... It's her turn

Fornax Disaster
Apr 11, 2005

If you need me I'll be in Holodeck Four.
Did anyone else notice how sick Bill Blair was at this mornings press conference? He was sweating and swaying, he changed his face mask a few times for some reason.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8TVLkEvu5rc

Less Fat Luke
May 23, 2003

Exciting Lemon
Wow, why would nobody bounce him out of that loving event?? LOL, he probably exposed a hundred people to COVID.

Goosed it.
Nov 3, 2011

Powershift posted:

Same in BC.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
O'Toole flipped his message today on the firearms ban. Now he wants to keep the liberal status quo.

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Arc Hammer posted:

O'Toole flipped his message today on the firearms ban. Now he wants to keep the liberal status quo.

lmao that's gonna cost him some single issue voters i know

Good!

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Goosed it. posted:

Same in BC.

Just think about the extra abuse restaurant staff get to receive on Sunday morning.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

I feel sorry for Swiss Chalet employees.

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

Arc Hammer posted:

Blood Boils posted:

lmao that's gonna cost him some single issue voters i know

Good!

I wonder how many voters will move to the PPC because of this.

Edit - I just checked out some gun forums and sure enough, several of them have a “PPC position on gun control” thread stuck at the top of the forums. It looks like several of them were posted today.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

McGavin posted:

I feel sorry for Swiss Chalet employees.

I've felt sorry for them for nearly 15 years now. Even before COVID finally killed the one in my home town, every one of the servers there looked existentially miserable, always. Their takeout service was fantastic though.