Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

I started laughing uncontrollably, not sure if that's a good sign about my ability to cope or a bad sign about being close to a nervous breakdown

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

RedQueen posted:

idk if this was posted but Israel separated some of their tracking by booster ("impulse") or not

https://datadashboard.health.gov.il/COVID-19/general

booster got some good numbers

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

I started laughing uncontrollably, not sure if that's a good sign about my ability to cope or a bad sign about being close to a nervous breakdown

depends on the type of laughing

was it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=unuadNjSbRw

or a more crack pinged

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=feoyqrjRhs8

personally for me it's more

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQvRHeuraJ4

Zeroisanumber posted:

Doing fine thanks. So's Hamilton

catte :kimchi:

stay safe, as well as hamilton! :cheers:

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

ascii genitals posted:

https://twitter.com/LGonTV/status/1434395067142258692

Imagine doing this in 2021 as your job or as your recreation. Also, just the disgusting actions that ultimately caused this to be notable.

Hundreds of stadiums filled to the brim with unmasked hogs.

I went to a packed big-ten football game yesterday and it was a ton of fun. All those fans own and the reporter is a massive crybaby. love how she frames her tweet as if they had groped her.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Mr. Pizza
Oct 5, 2009

Google Butt posted:

im clocking out of this thread for 2 days.

envy that

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I’m behind on the covid thread sorry going to post this

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Gio posted:

ppl talking about football games and university classes being super spreaders seem to be neglecting elementary school lunch time five days out of the week

we talked about those superspreader events months ago, it's old news, nobody cares, open biden

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

euphronius posted:

I’m behind on the covid thread sorry going to post this

lol

Phigs
Jan 23, 2019

Dreadite posted:

is "caring about people dying" just thread role play or are we all just concerned about our own illness potential

I was suicidally depressed for a very long time. To get out of it I had to learn to love myself. To learn to love myself I had to internalize the idea that every human being, including myself, has inherent value that is never diminished by anything. That every human deserves life and love and happiness. It worked and I was able to feel happiness again. But now humans are just jumping off the COVID cliff and I can't tear myself away from the horrific spectacle and it's painful and kinda loving with me to be honest.

So jokes on me I guess.

Coldrice
Jan 20, 2006

I started working on some simple graphics for my Covid Simulator. I'll post another gif tonight once I fix some bugs with pathfinding

I also want to make the statistics it uses be on a simple TXT file so people can check my work if they want to be sticklers, or even adjust it themselves

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
To everyone who is claiming that they are immunocompromised when they try to get their third shot and being rejected now:

This is not very Max Titers of you.

The true spirit of Max Titersing is to say that you are getting your first shot.

May Max Titers smile upon you and Merry Max Titersmas to you

space chandeliers
Apr 8, 2008

Coldrice posted:

I started working on some simple graphics for my Covid Simulator. I'll post another gif tonight once I fix some bugs with pathfinding

I also want to make the statistics it uses be on a simple TXT file so people can check my work if they want to be sticklers, or even adjust it themselves

this is fuckin rad! what are you making this with?

Paranoid Peanut
Nov 13, 2009

Mu mu farm

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

I'm still sleepin on mu

Am I crazy or was this like:

Monday: first heard about Mu
Tuesday: Mu is spreading in South America
Thursday: Fauci says Mu not "yet" concerning
Sunday: Mu now prevalent in every US state

At this pacing delta will be extinct by next Friday.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Coldrice posted:

please label people with cspam poster names

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

https://twitter.com/AndreasShrugged/status/1434415529691856898

"we want to infect everyone (subtly)"

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
the israel 3rd shot is the exact same dosage right? so ya just say its your first shot

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
"this is my first third shot"

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
You have to admit; everyone knew and said that our defeat by this virus was inevitable, even from the very first discovered case. We all knew and said that it was impossible to fight back, so why pretend otherwise?

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Lastgirl posted:

catte :kimchi:

stay safe, as well as hamilton! :cheers:

He and I both caught wild Covid together and since then I've got the vaxx and maxx. We're bros and fine.

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Steve Yun posted:

To everyone who is claiming that they are immunocompromised when they try to get their third shot and being rejected now:

This is not very Max Titers of you.

The true spirit of Max Titersing is to say that you are getting your first shot.

May Max Titers smile upon you and Merry Max Titersmas to you

There's bad faith posters trying to make the herculean task of lying seem like an impossibility to dissuade people from getting boosters

Same assholes wanted us to add CVS speedrun info to the OP so they could report the thread and get it gassed

Case in point:

ascii genitals posted:

I'm no vaccine expert but the side effects show up within 2 months and the injection of the vaccine is consumed and eliminated within 24-46 hrs. I would think that getting it at 6 months vs 8 months should be studied but shouldnt have a huge difference.

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

Lastgirl posted:

"this is my first third shot"

this is my first shot today

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Coldrice posted:

pls name a pawn after me thanks

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

statistically there's probably a few folks out there getting boosters every week by driving around major metro areas

Blackhawk
Nov 15, 2004

Am I correct in understanding that the USA has no centralised database for who is/isn't vaccinated? Because if the only real record is a bit of cardboard you have then get a third 'first dose' and just write it onto your legit card as a booster. How is that not absolutely as legitimate as getting the nurse to do the same thing? Stop being legalistic sticklers, it's a pandemic and for once your rotten shambles of a country is giving you the ability to do something useful for free. All of the politicians and billionaires are boosted the gently caress up, they're happy to give it to 'immunocompromised' people so clearly there's very little to no additional known risk of side effects or anything and there's plenty of anecdotal evidence of people going full Max Titer and getting more than 3 doses. I literally don't see the downside, when you know those shots are going into the bin if they're not used anyway and the vaccination rate over there has really dropped off.

Sphyre
Jun 14, 2001

pour one out for covid thread poster unfortunatesexfart, melbourne has fallen

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

The Kingfish posted:

I went to a packed big-ten football game yesterday and it was a ton of fun. All those fans own and the reporter is a massive crybaby. love how she frames her tweet as if they had groped her.

gently caress off you piece of poo poo

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Blackhawk posted:

Am I correct in understanding that the USA has no centralised database for who is/isn't vaccinated? Because if the only real record is a bit of cardboard you have then get a third 'first dose' and just write it onto your legit card as a booster. How is that not absolutely as legitimate as getting the nurse to do the same thing? Stop being legalistic sticklers, it's a pandemic and for once your rotten shambles of a country is giving you the ability to do something useful for free. All of the politicians and billionaires are boosted the gently caress up, they're happy to give it to 'immunocompromised' people so clearly there's very little to no additional known risk of side effects or anything and there's plenty of anecdotal evidence of people going full Max Titer and getting more than 3 doses. I literally don't see the downside, when you know those shots are going into the bin if they're not used anyway and the vaccination rate over there has really dropped off.

Nope, some states do, but only a few. Biden specifically said there would never be one.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Blackhawk posted:

there’s no national database but my state (CA) has a database and they know I got two shots despite them being from different locations

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Blackhawk posted:

Eh, I kind of don't know how and I think I'd have to go to a place

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

perepelki
Dec 11, 2020

know before Whom you stand

Shifty Nipples posted:

Yes I absolutely do care about every single person on the planet, I know that is weird but every person is a person and we all matter just as we all don't matter.
:h:

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

B-Rock452 posted:

Lol one of my wife's coworkers got strangled three months ago with IV cord by some poo poo head anti vaxer who was freaking out about being told to wear a mask at the ER. One week later someone from loving Krasners office called and asked if she could drop the charges since the guy was going to lose his job at the air port.

:stare:

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

jetz0r posted:

:qq: boo hoo I went to a football game and people were acting exactly like they always do at a football game :qq:

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

I’ve seen a lot of lovely gimmicks over the years but “you’re a weirdo if you care about mass death” is a notably bad one.

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

anyone remember how it went in india, like at what point do the staff not just leave?

Frumply
Dec 7, 2004

Blackhawk posted:

there’s a CDC database of which vaccines you have received including the dates and lot numbers. I don’t think places like CVS have access to this however and just submit the data for you in an online form. I was vacced at a small hospital and forgot my card the second time and they were able to look up my information and make me another one.

If you really want to lie about being immunocompromised just tell them you have ra and take 8 8mg pills of methotrexate once a week and a 40mg humira self injection once every two weeks. one folic acid vitamin a day to manage the methotrexate side effects.

edit:just double checked and it was a state database so i misremembered the facts

Frumply fucked around with this message at 01:11 on Sep 6, 2021

Blackhawk
Nov 15, 2004

Frumply posted:

there’s a CDC database of which vaccines you have received including the dates and lot numbers. I don’t think places like CVS have access to this however and just submit the data for you in an online form. I was vacced at a small hospital and forgot my card the second time and they were able to look up my information and make me another one.

If you really want to lie about being immunocompromised just tell them you have ra and take 8 8mg pills of methotrexate once a week and a 40mg humira self injection once every two weeks. one folic acid vitamin a day to manage the methotrexate side effects.

Yeah but given all the fake name Max Titer people it seems that you could just roll up and claim no ID or insurance, give a fake name and get one? Like the place giving it to you has the ability to submit info but there's clearly no check at the CDC's end that they have to wait for before they give it to you. Worst case if you get an unofficial booster now and then have to get an official one later is you just get 4 shots I guess? Which from what I've read doesn't seem like a problem at all.

I'm not in the USA and we DO have a central database here so none of this will effect me, more just curious about why people want to wait for their clearly BS government to give them the ok to get a legit booster when they could already snake a dodgy one and all of the people in charge seem quite happy to get boosted up regardless of CDC advice.

Wolfy
Jul 13, 2009

Salt Fish posted:

You have to admit; everyone knew and said that our defeat by this virus was inevitable, even from the very first discovered case. We all knew and said that it was impossible to fight back, so why pretend otherwise?
It didn't have to be this way, but it was always going to be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

papersack
Jul 27, 2003

jetz0r posted: