Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

The Kingfish posted:

I went to a packed big-ten football game yesterday and it was a ton of fun. All those fans own and the reporter is a massive crybaby. love how she frames her tweet as if they had groped her.

gently caress off

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

386-SX 25Mhz VGA
Jan 14, 2003

(C) American Megatrends Inc.,

The Kingfish posted:

:qq: boo hoo I went to a football game and people were acting exactly like they always do at a football game :qq:
you're right some lady just doing her job should be forced to have the lung juices of dozens of unmasked chuds sprayed into her face and crews faces and get unwanted touching from random men and drunk dudes manhandling her super expensive camera/broadcast poo poo, she should keep her mouth shut, boys will be boys right

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔

Blackhawk posted:

Yeah but given all the fake name Max Titer people it seems that you could just roll up and claim no ID or insurance, give a fake name and get one? Like the place giving it to you has the ability to submit info but there's clearly no check at the CDC's end that they have to wait for before they give it to you. Worst case if you get an unofficial booster now and then have to get an official one later is you just get 4 shots I guess? Which from what I've read doesn't seem like a problem at all.

I'm not in the USA and we DO have a central database here so none of this will effect me, more just curious about why people want to wait for their clearly BS government to give them the ok to get a legit booster when they could already snake a dodgy one and all of the people in charge seem quite happy to get boosted up regardless of CDC advice.

I mean personally none of the family members I live with will go get a booster until the govt says it's okay and I'm much more concerned about them getting sick than me getting sick so I just don't really feel the need to bother at this point.

College Rockout
Jan 10, 2010

The Kingfish posted:

:qq: boo hoo I went to a football game and people were acting exactly like they always do at a football game :qq:

i touched her even though it was clear it made her uncomfortable but it's ok because i was drunk. jesus gently caress you

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Disrupting the broadcast was good. Touching her was bad.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Kingfish should post a selfish if he gets intubated. It would be good content.

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

:respek:

Frumply
Dec 7, 2004

Blackhawk posted:

Yeah but given all the fake name Max Titer people it seems that you could just roll up and claim no ID or insurance, give a fake name and get one? Like the place giving it to you has the ability to submit info but there's clearly no check at the CDC's end that they have to wait for before they give it to you. Worst case if you get an unofficial booster now and then have to get an official one later is you just get 4 shots I guess? Which from what I've read doesn't seem like a problem at all.

I'm not in the USA and we DO have a central database here so none of this will effect me, more just curious about why people want to wait for their clearly BS government to give them the ok to get a legit booster when they could already snake a dodgy one and all of the people in charge seem quite happy to get boosted up regardless of CDC advice.

4th booster seems inevitable at this point so may as well max titers it up but if people need a record of a booster for work i guess it's up to them

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

386-SX 25Mhz VGA posted:

you're right some lady just doing her job should be forced to have the lung juices of dozens of unmasked chuds sprayed into her face and crews faces and get unwanted touching from random men and drunk dudes manhandling her super expensive camera/broadcast poo poo, she should keep her mouth shut, boys will be boys right

:yeah:

kater
Nov 16, 2010

I don’t understand why the reporters and coaches and players aren’t wearing masks. why are they fucki nt wearing helmets. put the mask on dumbasses.

Nocturtle
Mar 17, 2007

RedQueen posted:

idk if this was posted but Israel separated some of their tracking by booster ("impulse") or not

https://datadashboard.health.gov.il/COVID-19/general

Can't read Hebrew, do you know if the case rates in each group are calculated wrt the size of each group or the overall population? The latter makes drawing any conclusion difficult.

Raiad
Feb 1, 2005

Without the law, there wouldn't be lawyers.

The Kingfish posted:

i think people shouldn't be acting exactly like they always do when we're at half a 9/11 a day and rising fast

might just be my opinion tho

Johnny Cache Hit
Oct 17, 2011

Steve Yun posted:

there’s no national database but my state (CA) has a database and they know I got two shots despite them being from different locations

originally in the pandemic my dumb state was rolling out strictly based on age, so I went to the neighboring state where I worked to pick up my first shot, then went to my county health department for my second.

a month later I was called every day for a week to schedule my “second shot”. it didn’t matter how many times I told them “I got my first in another state, I got my second here” - their system couldn’t handle that. they finally just stopped calling. they probably think I’m on my first and just gave up.

and the first vax center has yet to send in an insurance claim - only been 6 months. probably lost in the shuffle.

basically what I’m saying is “the only real record that exists is a slightly larger than wallet sized piece of card stock that a pharmacist scribbled on”.

use this to your loving advantage. max titers your booster. write that shot on your current card if/when (lol lmao) you are ever required to get a booster. “oh I got that shot when I was visiting family across the country haha they must not have billed my insurance yet”

but thinking “I’ll save my booster for a vaccine passport!” is dumb. get a booster now and save your next shot for that

Piggy Smalls
Jun 21, 2015

BOSS MAKES A DOLLAR,
YOU MAKE A DIME,
I'LL LICK HIS BOOT TILL THOSE MOTHERFUCKERS SHINE.

you must have 10 bucks to burn and I’m sure the boards need it so buh bye.

Frumply
Dec 7, 2004

united states is just one big death cult lol

Helith
Nov 5, 2009

Basket of Adorables

Mu?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XP5oHL3zBDg

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

lmfao that these are your first posts itt

gtfo out of cspam

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

who are you bitch

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Johnny Cache Hit posted:

originally in the pandemic my dumb state was rolling out strictly based on age, so I went to the neighboring state where I worked to pick up my first shot, then went to my county health department for my second.

a month later I was called every day for a week to schedule my “second shot”. it didn’t matter how many times I told them “I got my first in another state, I got my second here” - their system couldn’t handle that. they finally just stopped calling. they probably think I’m on my first and just gave up.

and the first vax center has yet to send in an insurance claim - only been 6 months. probably lost in the shuffle.

basically what I’m saying is “the only real record that exists is a slightly larger than wallet sized piece of card stock that a pharmacist scribbled on”.

use this to your loving advantage. max titers your booster. write that shot on your current card if/when (lol lmao) you are ever required to get a booster. “oh I got that shot when I was visiting family across the country haha they must not have billed my insurance yet”

but thinking “I’ll save my booster for a vaccine passport!” is dumb. get a booster now and save your next shot for that

oh yeah I should add that although the state database knows I have two shots it keeps pestering me to get my second shot because I got mine at two different locations and both are thought of as first shots by the darabase’s logic

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

genericnick posted:

That's a well argued post, but I have to disagree on two points: First Covid really isn't deadly enough to force a change in thinking. After all, the vast majority survives.

It does in theory. The problem with mass death doesn't come when the hospitals are working and supply lines are functioning and materiel is being produced and staff exists. The uncontrollable, mass death scenario begins when staff cannot be found to man the beds, truckers don't move supplies and supplies can't be produced at all.

So if 1 in 100 people need hospitalization, but can't get hospitalization, that's when mass death starts. Can't get oxygen. Can't get steroids. Can't get medical care. With those things they would have survived.

The thinking has been so far shaped that resources are plenty. Times of plenty are ending but for those in charge, there will always be plenty. Their brains don't understand what it means to lack or to have to ration and so they're not husbanding their resources.

That is a large part of what leads to a mass death scenario. Ten million or more just from covid and then another person dead from suicide or drug overdose or giving up due to heartbreak.

quote:

There is a real possibility that this wave will be the worst yet for the US, but what is another million dead, really? India didn't collapse either. Things can keep getting worse for quite some time.

India didn't collapse permanently. I'm talking temporary social collapse. But what will happen will likely be along the lines of what happened to India.

quote:

Two: The vaccines have held up reasonably well despite everything. So maybe if we get the nasal spray vaccines to work that alone might be enough for this pandemic. But then Covid is over and we're back to normal. And in normal times there's little money in vaccines. In a way that's the downside of the vaccines keeping up as well as they have. They provide pretty good protection on an individual level. Not really odds I'd want to take, but odds I could take if I have to. Nearly good enough on an individual level but inadequate on a societal level is what you could write on our civilizations grave stone.

The vaccines keep people from death and out of the hospital as much but not completely. However, if you get infected, there is still a chance of long covid. This is not acceptable if we riddle the population with permanent illnesses when we're losing medical professionals. Further, covid will adapt faster than we can develop new vaccines. Covid mutates quickly under pressure. Quicker than we will ever adapt to it.

And what of the rest of the world? The global south where vaccines are not prevalent? I do not trust that the west will get vaccines out to the global south and even if they do, I do not trust them not to use them as a weapon or as a means of control.

Covid will always win and we will always lose so long as we do not treat covid like a social problem.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

yeah it's so impressively cynical now that covid is for real and killing everyone when last year hospitals were loving empty outside of the ED and plague pits. Health care in america is going to be absolutely dire for the next several years thanks to peak capitalism crushing every drop of profit from the labor force to the detriment of sustainability.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

The Kingfish posted:

just flipping through your rap sheet and I see a few doozies here
'

The Kingfish posted:

You are completely out of your mind if you think “Kung flu” isn’t a funny thing to say.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

gently caress off dude

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔

The Kingfish posted:

who are you bitch

lol do you grope your waitresses too

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

empty whippet box posted:

just flipping through your rap sheet and I see a few doozies here

still funny.

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

Zokari posted:

lmfao that these are your first posts itt

gtfo out of cspam

if think those were bad you should see the posts in the old thread :ssh:

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

Frumply posted:

4th booster seems inevitable at this point so may as well max titers it up but if people need a record of a booster for work i guess it's up to them

at this point i'm gonna plan on getting a first shot booster every 4 months instead of waiting for the useless american institutions to poo poo out a 37 tier vaccination plan 5 months too late

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔
40 year old men still troll internet forums all the time... they're gonna still be doing it when they're 60 and then, when they're 80

Johnny Cache Hit
Oct 17, 2011

Steve Yun posted:

oh yeah I should add that although the state database knows I have two shots it keeps pestering me to get my second shot because I got mine at two different locations and both are thought of as first shots by the darabase’s logic

lmao I love when people with actual universal healthcare start asking questions about how Americans experience it and we’re just all saying “buddy, it’s irredeemably stupid from top to bottom.”

you have two shots in an actual central database and they can’t get the rules right. my state representatives thinks real ID was the first step towards us all getting the mark of satan, so the thought of “tracking” my shots in any way is absolutely never going to happen

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Casey Finnigan posted:

40 year old men still troll internet forums all the time... they're gonna still be doing it when they're 60 and then, when they're 80

SA's lifecycle will be complete when it becomes freep

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

welp

Zokari fucked around with this message at 02:05 on Sep 6, 2021

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

Zokari posted:

oh hey everyone whats covid

anyway just wanted to pop in and say that women should shut their loving mouths

like what the gently caress even is this my dude?

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

Zokari posted:

oh hey everyone whats covid

anyway just wanted to pop in and say that women should shut their loving mouths

Uhhhh what.

gently caress you.

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة

Salt Fish posted:

You have to admit; everyone knew and said that our defeat by this virus was inevitable, even from the very first discovered case. We all knew and said that it was impossible to fight back, so why pretend otherwise?

Because self-fulfilling prophecy is far more comfortable to embrace than actually trying to solve the problem.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

Asproigerosis posted:

pretty sure Zokari's post is a joke, because that's exactly what Kingfisher did.

stone soup
Jul 8, 2004

Ice Phisherman posted:

gently caress you.

Johnny Cache Hit
Oct 17, 2011

Asproigerosis posted:

pretty sure it was sarcasm targeted at The Kingfish’s posts, but would’ve been better with a quote.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

not a good joke, but none of his other posts in thread are bad like that

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

Johnny Cache Hit posted:

pretty sure it was sarcasm targeted at The Kingfish’s posts, but would’ve been better with a quote.

If that's true it came off really weird without the quote.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Lol just blasting anything that moves

e at least you got the actual guy first

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

Inspector Hound posted:

Lol just blasting anything that moves

gently caress yeah, double kill!