Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Johnny Cache Hit
Oct 17, 2011

Inspector Hound posted:

Lol just blasting anything that moves

nice thread title IMO

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

kater posted:

I don’t understand why the reporters and coaches and players aren’t wearing masks. why are they fucki nt wearing helmets. put the mask on dumbasses.

Because COVID is over. It's stupid as heel because with as much as those people interact with lots of people it's gonna rip through just about every locker room in the country at some point.

DarkEuphoria
Nov 7, 2012

Covid thread you are a nightmare but also a respite in this crazy world.

I was just thinking to myself, man this poo poo loving sucks, I’m tired of being isolated and everyone else has accepted Covid into their hearts, maybe I should just give up and start rubbing myself on the plagued masses.

Obviously that meant it was time to check into the thread (lol), and at first it was just confirming how hosed everything is, but then I was reading the last few pages and y’all are talking about the inherent value of the individual and I remembered that I’m not the only one having this problem, that other reasonable people exist and are able to put aside short term individual gain for a better outcome.

Anyway, covid winter #2 is going to suck.

WorldsStongestNerd
Apr 28, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
It seemed like it was sarcastically mocking Kingfisher. In any case sometimes an artist must suffer for thier art when they fly too close to the sun.

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

WorldsStongestNerd posted:

It seemed like it was sarcastically mocking Kingfisher. In any case sometimes an artist must suffer for thier art when they fly too close to the sun.

taking a probe to the face for the honor of the forums

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret
Threadless has a 12 dollar shirt sale I hope that applies to our favourite forum posters tshirts.

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
:lolplant:

DarkEuphoria
Nov 7, 2012

jetz0r posted:

pretty sure Zokari's post is a joke, because that's exactly what Kingfisher did.

Free zokari

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VH9of1q1YZw

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

Inspector Hound posted:

Lol just blasting anything that moves

e at least you got the actual guy first

tipping out some vodka in remembrance of the brave cspammer wounded by friendly fire in the skirmish against a racist, sex pest super spreader.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
tbh I thought it was kingfisher immediately following up with a probe evasion.

A real cop mod should free zokari

Shady Amish Terror
Oct 11, 2007
I'm not Amish by choice. 8(
Allow Zokari to wear their sixer as a scar of battle, dunk Kingfisher more

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

jetz0r posted:

tipping out some vodka in remembrance of the brave cspammer wounded by friendly fire in the skirmish against a racist, sex pest super spreader.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Asproigerosis posted:

tbh I thought it was kingfisher immediately following up with a probe evasion.

A real cop mod should free zokari

I...honestly didn't realize I could do that.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
WOOHOO I'm negative for COVID.

Helith
Nov 5, 2009

Basket of Adorables

A cautionary tale of vaccine hesitancy told to me by my mum last night
her friends granddaughter had refused to get vaccinated even though her twin and all the rest of her family had
she caught covid and was pretty ill with it but not to the point of being hospitalised
no one else in the family caught it (or if they did they were asymptomatic)
she got vaccinated as soon as she recovered

also free zokari

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

Dreylad posted:

I...honestly didn't realize I could do that.

can you? I have no idea it just makes sense in my head a mod could undo a prober.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
someone in their 20s died in hawaii today.

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

Stereotype posted:

someone in their 20s died in hawaii today.

um we were specifically told to LIVE with the virus idiot

Frumply
Dec 7, 2004

if zokari's misogynistic "joke" was funny they wouldn't have gotten shot

just let them take the sixer

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

WorldsStongestNerd posted:

In any case sometimes an artist must suffer for thier art when they fly too close to the sun.

sometimes hot takes result in hot breaks

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret
Please to enjoy Apatheticmans covid cats

Mortica and Gomez were adopted 1 month before covid from a sphynx rescue. They are our forever cats. Morticia is probably the most affectionate cat you will meet in your life. Gomez is a skittish weirdo but still affectionate.

Neelix and Tuvok were cats that we fostered from the same place that we adopted Morticia and Gomez. They were from a group of 30 cats. Their eyes were taken due to ulcers.

Neelix unfortunately passed away due to complications from being in a shithole most of his life.

Buddy was a rescue as his parent died, he was an orphan of a widow, basically, an old dude's wife passed away and then he did.

He was a very nice cat and I miss him. He's with a single lady and has an Italian greyhound friend now.

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

Crazypoops posted:

um we were specifically told to LIVE with the virus idiot

hmm not very "mahalo lifestyle" of them

Innocuous
Mar 1, 2003

It's a strange world.

FORUMS USER 1135 posted:

One of my wife's friends from graduate school died of covid (unvaxed, in his 40s). His church he preached at is having a memorial today that they are live streaming so she tuned in. There is a full 15-20 person choir and band singing, unmasked, right behind the casket where the line up is, probably at least 70-100 people attending :psyduck:

what's the worry? he's 2 dead 2 spread

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

RIP Zokari, stood in the line of fire.

5 million children worldwide die of poverty every year, and so many people think it's OK to add millions of preventable deaths if it lets them get Applebee's and work in an office again.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Asproigerosis posted:

can you? I have no idea it just makes sense in my head a mod could undo a prober.

Requires me to ask an admin, actually. I'll see what I can do.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Hollismason posted:

WOOHOO I'm negative for COVID.

You loving rule

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

Took my respirator out for the first time at the grocery store today. the place was packed. I got a lot of weird looks and open stares. I saw two dick-nosers and someone without a mask. glad I didn’t have to worry about breathing their disgusting air

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

know what else has flies in its face?

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

100 degrees Calcium posted:

glad I didn’t have to worry about breathing their disgusting air

it's nice eh?

Coldrice
Jan 20, 2006

space chandeliers posted:

this is fuckin rad! what are you making this with?

Im using unity, but I have a framework called futile which allows me to do it code only

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

im icarus

sorry for that

Caseman
Mar 21, 2006

Irony comes for us all

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
https://twitter.com/maddoxrules/status/1433205934105395200

Blackhawk
Nov 15, 2004

20 new cases per day in NZ for three days in a row now, hopefully not signalling continuing uncontrolled transmission or unknown cases.

Caseman
Mar 21, 2006

Whoever was asking about oxygen in Florida, that poo poo is manufactured on a just-in-time basis like most everything else and couldn't keep up with demand during the last spike. So the water systems just had to stop using it while hospitals caught up. Something we'll probably see more of as everything falls apart but it's okay here for the moment.

Speaking of, the slight dip in hospitals here the last week or so is a nice inhale before another bout of screaming in a week or two when all this weekend's poo poo fills them back up.

durrneez
Feb 20, 2013

I like fish. I like to eat fish. I like to brush fish with a fish hairbrush. Do you like fish too?

100 degrees Calcium posted:

Took my respirator out for the first time at the grocery store today. the place was packed. I got a lot of weird looks and open stares. I saw two dick-nosers and someone without a mask. glad I didn’t have to worry about breathing their disgusting air

hell yeah, hope you feel more and more comfortable with it the more you wear it outside the home

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

DarkEuphoria posted:

Covid thread you are a nightmare but also a respite in this crazy world.

I was just thinking to myself, man this poo poo loving sucks, I’m tired of being isolated and everyone else has accepted Covid into their hearts, maybe I should just give up and start rubbing myself on the plagued masses.

Obviously that meant it was time to check into the thread (lol), and at first it was just confirming how hosed everything is, but then I was reading the last few pages and y’all are talking about the inherent value of the individual and I remembered that I’m not the only one having this problem, that other reasonable people exist and are able to put aside short term individual gain for a better outcome.

Anyway, covid winter #2 is going to suck.

When I did covid activism back in 2020 and 2021, I suffered a lot because I believed and still believe in the inherent value of the individual and the group. I did my best to preserve lives by spreading good information and convincing people, sometimes successfully and sometimes unsuccessfully, how to protect themselves and others.

I had to cut my losses when the right wingers were told that covid wasn't real and that it was a liberal lie and it was just the flu and that we should open 'er up and all that poo poo. In my weird way, I still care about these people because I know that these people have been tormented and manipulated into being hateful monsters. Because what I desire is victory over hate and you cannot have victory without compassion. You'd be a hateful monster too if you listened to extremely talented, extremely disciplined and extremely organized, hateful monsters all day spewing hateful poo poo that is at best tangent to reality, if not completely divorced from it. And if you've ever worked with people who need help you understand that many of them will test your empathy. Especially is they are hateful, selfish jerks.

Something very, very wrong has been done to the right wingers from cradle to grave, generation to generation. An ecosystem of durable viruses of the mind: Authoritarianism, sexism, racism, the like. They can defeated through violence but that defeat can only be permanent through compassion and understanding. And by completely sealing away compassion for those that we hate and find increasingly ridiculous, we will only step further and further away from victory, because by destroying our empathy we will become like those that we loathe.

I'm not saying to stop laughing and start caring about these people. Laughing is how you cope. Just don't lose your empathy and never forget that what is being done to these people can be done to you if you lose your empathy and learn to hate.

Ice Phisherman fucked around with this message at 02:22 on Sep 6, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Every second that we're not growing BASIL is a second wasted

Fun Shoe

Phigs posted:

I was suicidally depressed for a very long time. To get out of it I had to learn to love myself. To learn to love myself I had to internalize the idea that every human being, including myself, has inherent value that is never diminished by anything. That every human deserves life and love and happiness. It worked and I was able to feel happiness again. But now humans are just jumping off the COVID cliff and I can't tear myself away from the horrific spectacle and it's painful and kinda loving with me to be honest.

So jokes on me I guess.