Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

What's the difference between integrity and durability on armour in Clear Sky? Not having any luck with Google

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drkeiscool
Aug 1, 2014
Soiled Meat

Wafflecopper posted:

What's the difference between integrity and durability on armour in Clear Sky? Not having any luck with Google

As far as I can tell, they should be one and the same

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

drkeiscool posted:

As far as I can tell, they should be one and the same

Yeah I thought so too. But that's weird because they're separate upgrades and 50% durability is the same price as 20% integrity.

e: The tooltip for integrity says something about reducing damage but doesn't specify if that's damage to the armour or damage to the player. I'm guessing maybe it's the armour and integrity is damage resistance while durability is max armour hitpoints.

You need to buy both to max out the combat upgrade tree anyway so it doesn't really make a difference in the long run.

Wafflecopper fucked around with this message at 06:24 on Sep 1, 2021

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

It sounds like integrity is a damage reduction where durability is raw hps.

Does anyone know how the combat oriented resists work in anomaly? I have an empty and a jellyfish on which all should buff combat related stuff but it doesn't ever go up on the stats. It's the same with the ballistic plates and kevlar inserts. I'd love to see wtf the mods dev was thinking with the armors because some of it makes sense like loner armor in general having more belt slots and being jack of all trades where duty has better stats but less belt slots. You then have poo poo like merc armor being down right better than everything but military/ecologist seem to cap out and lack as much armor diversity. I was expecting a unique top tier armor for every faction but besides the combat exos there's not much.

Why would you add 30+ new armors into the game if you're not gonna balance them.

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

what the gently caress do you mean i can't use the cordon machine gun after i clear out the outpost this is bullshit

drkeiscool
Aug 1, 2014
Soiled Meat

Wafflecopper posted:

what the gently caress do you mean i can't use the cordon machine gun after i clear out the outpost this is bullshit

machine gun says, "Get out of here, stalker."

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

Wafflecopper posted:

Yeah you should at least be able to loving steal the ammo it's so lame. It's the same with the PKM in the swamp, they didn't remove it in anomaly so if you're not fast enough on killing the guy manning it and attack from the wrong angle it will just loving end you.

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

no luck with google, is there a mod to remove the homophobic slur the bandits throw around all the time in clear sky? i'm not bothered by the other edgelord swearing in the game but that one's really gross especially when it's always being used to describe a group of people they just killed. there is one mod i found but it removes all swearing and also the blood which is a bit overkill

looking forward to finishing my seva suit so i can start killing bandits on sight

Wafflecopper fucked around with this message at 11:17 on Sep 2, 2021

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

Arghy posted:

Yeah you should at least be able to loving steal the ammo it's so lame.

man i didn't even want to take it with me, i just wanted to open up on some trees and poo poo

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

To save the world from the expanding Zone.

Wafflecopper posted:

no luck with google, is there a mod to remove the homophobic slur the bandits throw around all the time in clear sky? i'm not bothered by the other edgelord swearing in the game but that one's really gross especially when it's always being used to describe a group of people they just killed. there is one mod i found but it removes all swearing and also the blood which is a bit overkill

looking forward to finishing my seva suit so i can start killing bandits on sight

I haven't played CS in years, which one are they saying?

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

"The f****ts are down!" They shout it every other time they take a point.

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

In other musings the AI really shits itself if you sneak into the cordon military base from behind, huh? Half the guys just break and stand in the middle of the road facing away from you and you can walk up behind them and shotgun them in the head one by one. I'm starting to appreciate it as a source of guns really close to the swamp base though. With an upgraded SEVA suit and the three Night Star artifacts I've found so far I have a max weight of 100kg which even without stashing my other gear is ~15k worth of guns. Really good money for me atm as my artifact collection is only just starting to fill out and I've only sold one so far.

Also emissions seem great and exciting on paper but so far they've only hit when I've been passing through Cordon on a gun run or a quest turn in or whatever and they're just annoying downtime. I've seriously had like 4 in Cordon and I think 0 anywhere else

Wafflecopper fucked around with this message at 12:39 on Sep 2, 2021

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

What's worse is in anomaly it causes your PDA to get fuzzy then shakes your screen like crazy so i try to pass the time by reading the lore entries but NOPE! It's annoying as hell.

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

Ugh i get automated stash generation is easy but gently caress you better double check those goddamn loot tables. I finally got that stash in the middle of radar that's been taunting me, 3 chimeras, 2 psudogiants, uncounted of those giant rat things, 1 surprise controller and an endless fight with over 20 monolith. What was in the stash? A goddamn 1400 rouble file.

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I've run into a couple of artifacts in Clear Sky, both in areas of gravitational anomalies, one in Dark Valley and one in the Army Warehouses, that show up on my Veles detector but not on screen no matter how close I get, so I can't find a way to pick them up. Is there a trick to these?

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

Wafflecopper posted:

I've run into a couple of artifacts in Clear Sky, both in areas of gravitational anomalies, one in Dark Valley and one in the Army Warehouses, that show up on my Veles detector but not on screen no matter how close I get, so I can't find a way to pick them up. Is there a trick to these?

Sadly, these are probably glitched and stuck under the ground. Grav anomalies can do some strange things. Search else, stalker.

Koorisch
Mar 29, 2009
Sometimes the gravity anomalies loves to fling the artifact into the stratosphere too, I've had a few of those get launched as i got close enough to see them.

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

Yeah i watched a bubble ascend to the sky, not fast just slowly start floating upwards. The AI can grab em outta the ground so if you wanna wait until some hostiles walk by then ambush them. During my monolith cleanses i'll often find my inventory giving off a ton of radiation and see that monolith was just hoovering up artifacts.

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

Arghy posted:

Yeah i watched a bubble ascend to the sky, not fast just slowly start floating upwards. The AI can grab em outta the ground so if you wanna wait until some hostiles walk by then ambush them. During my monolith cleanses i'll often find my inventory giving off a ton of radiation and see that monolith was just hoovering up artifacts.

I'm just playing clear sky with the community patch. I don't think the AI picks up artifacts? In any case I'm pretty certain it doesn't patrol this way, or through anomalies

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

Huh i wonder if that was a CoP think, honestly don't remember haha. In CoP and mods based off that engine they'll pull out detectors and wander into anomalies to get artifacts though on some of the older/community/beta maps they just walk near it and loving steal it haha. A few times i was trying to grab the artifacts before some friendlies did but it just poofs from the screen and they walk away. It's good you're doing it sequentially so you'll see all the improvements because gently caress CoP was such a breath of fresh air.

I'll see if i can find you a swartz mod link for CoP, it was the best non invasive mod because it just changed up some guns and made radiation super realistic. It went from a weird DoT to a slow unavoidable poison that really made you choose between getting shot in the open or using that metal cover that was likely brimming with radiation haha.

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

Wow that final sequence of CS was rushed and really unfun. One moment you're about to enter the catacombs, next you're suddenly on the teleporter walkways around the plant. The game just dumps two new weapons into your inventory (so now you have to drop a bunch of poo poo to be able to move) and tells you "go shoot Strelok" and you fight a million guys with grenades and have very little room to maneuver and take cover. Also it's timed. After a couple of deaths I gave up and watched the end on youtube. I probably could have done it with some more attempts but I wasn't having fun at all so gently caress it. Game was reasonably good until then, sadly lacking the atmosphere and tension of the original though. It's also glaringly obvious there was supposed to be another level between the hospital and the plant which got cut.

On to CoP now and why did they get rid of crouch toggle? I thought this one was supposed to be making advances :colbert:

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

If I recall there is a toggle in the options? Or possibly two different binds for crouch and crouch toggle?

Killswitch
Feb 25, 2009

Wafflecopper posted:

"The f****ts are down!" They shout it every other time they take a point.

Uhhh….. are they saying this in russian/ukranian? I definitely don’t recall hearing this in the english version of the game

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Killswitch posted:

Uhhh….. are they saying this in russian/ukranian? I definitely don’t recall hearing this in the english version of the game

It's translated. They throw a couple of others around a few times too

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

OwlFancier posted:

If I recall there is a toggle in the options? Or possibly two different binds for crouch and crouch toggle?

Ah, it's moved from binds to game options. Cheers!

Killswitch posted:

English. I was just playing the normal Steam version.

Wafflecopper fucked around with this message at 17:48 on Sep 5, 2021

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

Wafflecopper posted:

Wow that final sequence of CS was rushed and really unfun. One moment you're about to enter the catacombs, next you're suddenly on the teleporter walkways around the plant. The game just dumps two new weapons into your inventory (so now you have to drop a bunch of poo poo to be able to move) and tells you "go shoot Strelok" and you fight a million guys with grenades and have very little room to maneuver and take cover. Also it's timed. After a couple of deaths I gave up and watched the end on youtube. I probably could have done it with some more attempts but I wasn't having fun at all so gently caress it. Game was reasonably good until then, sadly lacking the atmosphere and tension of the original though. It's also glaringly obvious there was supposed to be another level between the hospital and the plant which got cut.

On to CoP now and why did they get rid of crouch toggle? I thought this one was supposed to be making advances :colbert:

Yeah i don't think a single person enjoyed that boss fight haha. A good tip for CoP is they now have static stashes that's just items on the ground, comb the bushes! This is to get you to walk into said bushes and explore the mutants new behaviors of sitting in said bushes until you clamber through them then get attacked haha.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

CoP stashes are good fun aye, really rewards you for bethesda-ing your way into ridiculous places that the stalker engine also lets you do.

i must compose
Jul 4, 2010

Until the lions have their own historians, the history of the hunt will always glorify the hunter.
I know I'm a sinner if I play without a million game changing mods but are there any recommendations for mods that only change the graphics for the 3 games? I wanna replay them all again but make them prettier.

P.s. is anomaly really super hard?

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

i must compose posted:

I know I'm a sinner if I play without a million game changing mods but are there any recommendations for mods that only change the graphics for the 3 games? I wanna replay them all again but make them prettier.

P.s. is anomaly really super hard?

Nah anomaly is way easier than misery that's for sure, some things are unforgiving like mutants and certain anoamlies are OP and pretty much instant death but all other things it's actually easier. The crafting system makes getting a new suit a breeze by just following around stalkers with the suit you want and hoping they die haha.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Anomaly loves to kill you but the dangerous situations are consistent enough that people are able to beat the game on ironman. I made a personal rule that I would only save in a "safe" zone as a slightly more restrictive version of campfire mode, and it made the whole experience way more fun even if I was relentlessly murdered in certain areas until I figured them out

slow_twitch
Sep 21, 2005

Anomaly is honestly incredible. Slap provaks pack on it and you'll have a blast.

Has anyone encountered a mod that adds ground fog?

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

drat anomaly really encourages you to explore, wandering the zone making sure i explore each and every location and there's so much goodies just sitting in the open. I might do a replay as an ecologist or maybe military but i don't know how fun that would be with pretty much the entire zone hostile to me haha. Ecologist might be fun to explore every factions story line except for the baddies.

i must compose
Jul 4, 2010

Until the lions have their own historians, the history of the hunt will always glorify the hunter.
Dammit, I am trying to download anomaly now from moddb but every version of 1.5.1 I've tried has been corrupted according to winrar. What am I doing wrong here? I've tried the mirrors on moddb too.

e: Using 7zip fixed it!

i must compose fucked around with this message at 17:57 on Sep 6, 2021

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

This is very important, i went from having to close steam and discord else run out of memory to running it just fine https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_RM9tKxoci4

The secret to anomaly is quick save like mad and accept death--you might run into cats or boars before you get good weapons and you'll just die. Watch for the stupid acid plants on the floor some times they don't load. Save all the tools and an outfit for every faction because you can use the disguise system to get their tech quest and make an easy 30-40k instead of selling the tools for a measly 15k, same for the drug making kits though you only make a double profit. Burners and electro's will 1 shot you unless you have over 75% resist for them, accept death because all it takes is clipping the burner edge to trigger instant death haha. Blood suckers are new and loving terrifying don't under estimate them, oh and controllers have 3 new models some of which look like normal people at a distance.

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

That sounds miserable tbh

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

No more so than stalker normally is in my experience.

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

I really don't agree with the anomalies being instant death but i love the really powerful mutants because even when i'm in a top tier combat exo murder machine the sounds of cats terrifies me. The controllers wearing clothes is awesome and has lead to some loving nightmare scenarios where i'm approaching a lone bandit in a trench coat then he turns around and i'm stuck in the open getting mind blown haha.

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

the mutants in anomaly are so much worse than the unmodded game. they spot you from like 500 metres and beeline straight at you like its serious sam. it completely ruins the sense that the zone isn't just a big FPS map that the real games go for

Farm Frenzy fucked around with this message at 02:51 on Sep 7, 2021

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

I've sniped mutants unnoticed more times than they aggroed me, i haven't really noticed a problem with them. The night mutants are a different story but wtf are you doing out at night, those loving little children scare the gently caress outta me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

the cats are dumb as gently caress in Anomaly. Rest is good tho.