Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

Bloodfart McCoy posted:

I don’t have anything written down, but let me think for a sec. Whenever I make Thai or Indian curries it’s usually because I have a bunch of veggies I’m trying to get rid of. I usually keep curry paste on hand. This whole thing just evolved from a bunch of trial and error

1 can of coconut milk
Sliced chili pepper or flakes
Diced onion
Minced ginger
Chopped garlic
Desired veggies
Green curry paste
Fish sauce
Lime juice
Turmeric powder
Sugar
Salt and pepper
Rice
Tofu

Cook rice.
Prepaid tofu however you like it.

“Crack the cream” of the can of coconut milk and sauté diced onion, chili pepper, ginger, and garlic until onions start to soften. If you don’t feel like cracking the cream, just sauté in some vegetable oil and add the coconut milk later. Add salt and pepper. Stir in curry paste and cook for a minute or so. Add the milk from the can of coconut milk and stir in. Bring to a simmer and taste for seasoning. Adjust flavor to taste with fish sauce, lime juice, turmeric, sugar.

Add veggies and simmer until softened slightly. Add water if the sauce begins to thicken too much. Taste for flavor.

Add tofu just before serving if it is fried. The sauce will make the coating mushy. Service over rice. Garnish with sliced scallion.

Thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

I saw a nice hunk of pork at the grocery store today so I made ssam with a pile of random poo poo from the fridge turned into banchan.

Casu Marzu fucked around with this message at 00:14 on Aug 9, 2021

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Casu Marzu posted:

I saw a nice hunk of pork at the grocery store today so I made ssam with a pile of random poo poo from the fridge turned into banchan.

Looks really good.
Tell me more about the two cucumber dishes at 4 and 8 o'clock.

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

Mister Facetious posted:

Looks really good.
Tell me more about the two cucumber dishes at 4 and 8 o'clock.

4 o'clock is zucchini stir fried with the end bit of a red bell pepper and seasoned with salt, garlic, sesame oil and sesame seed.

8 o'clock is salted and drained cukes tossed with vinegar, gochugaru, sugar, sesame seed, and sesame oil

Stir fried cucumbers are a thing though, and pretty tasty: https://www.koreanbapsang.com/korean-cucumber-side-dish/

akurlej
Feb 17, 2011
Made a batch of cabbage+mushroom and potato+cheese pierogi.

Served with some kielbasa, carrot+apple salad, and a bit of sour cream

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.
There’s a lot unpictured here. I made some bratwurst and fried squash blossoms and it all looked great. This grilled top round was just a last minute idea for an extra meat on the table. Also the only thing I took a picture of.

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

Sweet potato soup!

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Looks phenomenal. What greens, and how treated?

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

Kale, just tossed in at the end.

https://www.seriouseats.com/west-african-inspired-vegan-peanut-sweet-potato-soup-recipe

I had cashews instead of peanuts.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Cheers, looked like it. Thank you!

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

Sale on t-bones yesterday...

NLJP
Aug 26, 2004

Had crayfish for my mum's 70th birthday on sunday

They became bisque tonight

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

Made carbonara.

large hands
Jan 24, 2006
Did the Ottolenghi take on chicken Marbella.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Made some burritos today for the week. Used ground pork because that was what was clearanced out at Walmart. Added 2 fresh roasted Hatch chilis & 2 each of dried Guajillo & "new mexico" chilis to it. Didn't take to it burn your rear end out spicy though since I'm planning on eating most of them at work and don't want to blow my face off.

Turned out pretty good, although should have added some rice since I only got 6 burritos out of it, and would have loved to get 10 instead :)

Pork mixture!

And final burritos. Guess the camera could have been focused a little better...

Also maybe would love to find some other ideas for the hatch chilis since I still have a bunch of them :)

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Made some burritos today for the week. Used ground pork because that was what was clearanced out at Walmart. Added 2 fresh roasted Hatch chilis & 2 each of dried Guajillo & "new mexico" chilis to it. Didn't take to it burn your rear end out spicy though since I'm planning on eating most of them at work and don't want to blow my face off.

Turned out pretty good, although should have added some rice since I only got 6 burritos out of it, and would have loved to get 10 instead :)

Pork mixture!

And final burritos. Guess the camera could have been focused a little better...

Also maybe would love to find some other ideas for the hatch chilis since I still have a bunch of them :)

Kenji does a green chilli burger with them, pretty righteous.

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

My anaconda don't want none unless you got bun hun.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Pizza with corn!

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Not sure about the corn part, but seems like a pizza would be a good application for some chilis. Will have to see what mystery meats Walmart has marked down... I am cheap and live life on the edge and usually only buy the marked down meats. I've also done some pizza rollup things with string cheese, pepperoni and tortillas a few times, would work really good I think with chopped chilis in there.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

I did go with a pizza for the hatch chilis. Took about 3 roasted hatch chilis to cover the pizza.

Came out pretty okay. Was lazy and just bought one of the tube pizza doughs and made a sheet pan pizza with it. Hatch Chilis, Pepperoni, and shredded Quesadilla cheese that Walmart had...

I did make my own half assed pizza sauce for it though, dumped about a quarter of a can of tomato sauce out... then just added the garlic, oregano, pepper, red pepper, and salt directly to the can and stirred it.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

I did hatch chili pizza twice. First time, it was delicious and not very spicy. Second time, it was nuclear fire. Some crazy different batches o peepers

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

Grilled pork tenderloin stuffed with spinach, parsley, sundried tomatoes, garlic, and pecorino romano.

I’ve cooked a good amount of tenderloins and this was by far the most tender I’ve ever had. Could cut it with a plastic fork.

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.

Bloodfart McCoy posted:

Grilled pork tenderloin stuffed with spinach, parsley, sundried tomatoes, garlic, and pecorino romano.

I’ve cooked a good amount of tenderloins and this was by far the most tender I’ve ever had. Could cut it with a plastic fork.

Good lord. I need more tenderloin in my life.

My mapo tofu is never as red as I think it's supposed to be. But it's tasty.

Spinach and gorgonzola stuffed baked potatoes, ribeye, and the leftover spinach mixed with gochujang and sesame oil.

large hands
Jan 24, 2006

Professor Wayne posted:

My mapo tofu is never as red as I think it's supposed to be. But it's tasty.

Doubanjiang is more brown than red so I think the really bright mapo you see just has a LOT of chili oil added. I like it that way but my wife doesn't stop mine is usually brown like yours.

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

What's in the fridge night.

Stir fried cabbage
Tuna
Salmon
Cukes
Carrots
Hard boiled egg
Rice

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Had a couple of people over for grilling last night - both goons (plus one's girlfriend), so technically this was :gooncamp: I guess? Middle eastern theme.

Made by me: tzatziki (yes I know it's Greek, shurrup, they were part of the Ottoman empire ok), chicken and beef shish tawouk (a lot more than you see on the table there, though), tabbouleh, quick pickled cucumber and onions, a margarita.
Made by another goon: red pepper hummus.
Also starring: toum, lettuce, veggies, Uncle Ben's finest rice, olives, sujuk.
Sir not appearing in this photo because I forgot: pitas and falafel.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
chicken tortilla soup with avocado and sour cream

sushi bowl and fried cod nuggets

lasagna, with eggplant instead of noodles

impossible burg

NLJP
Aug 26, 2004

First time making Czech style goulash. It turned out just right, exactly like I remember from my local pub when I worked in Brno for a short while

Dumpling shape got wonky but imo texture was right

ogopogo
Jul 16, 2006
Remember: no matter where you go, there you are.
Butter and garlic basted porterhouse with chimichurri

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

NLJP posted:

First time making Czech style goulash. It turned out just right, exactly like I remember from my local pub when I worked in Brno for a short while

I was in Prague a couple of years back and this looks pretty on point to me.

large hands
Jan 24, 2006

NLJP posted:

Never heard of it but it looks fantastic and I'm a sucker for stew and dumplings, got a link to a decent looking recipe?

NLJP
Aug 26, 2004

large hands posted:

Never heard of it but it looks fantastic and I'm a sucker for stew and dumplings, got a link to a decent looking recipe?

https://www.cooklikeczechs.com/gulas-czech-beef-goulash/

https://www.cooklikeczechs.com/houskove-knedliky-czech-bread-dumplings/

This is the one I used, and then recipe for the bread dumplings though I had to use a modified recipe since I couldn't get that kind of flour, so I did half 00 flour and half fine semolina and it worked great. I also didn't put in the stale bread because the ones 8 had over there tended not to have it.

Edit: and the pickled chilies are optional but a great addition and goulash is often served with some. Raw onion to garnish is vital.

NLJP fucked around with this message at 17:11 on Sep 12, 2021

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Cheese corn and poblano empanadas

Human Tornada
Mar 4, 2005

I been wantin to see a honkey dance.

Game day lunch, homemade X-hot sausages with yellow mustard, onion, pickled hatch chiles, and buns from the gas station.

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
Venison campfire stew this weekend on our camping trip. can’t go wrong with cooking meat, onions, wine, beefy chicken broth, garlic, spices, potatoes, sweet potatoes, and carrots in a Dutch oven for over two hours.

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

I am way overdue for some venison. I used to get it pretty regularly from my barber. Then I moved and got a new barber. He’s not a hunter :(

large hands
Jan 24, 2006

NLJP posted:

https://www.cooklikeczechs.com/gulas-czech-beef-goulash/

https://www.cooklikeczechs.com/houskove-knedliky-czech-bread-dumplings/

This is the one I used, and then recipe for the bread dumplings though I had to use a modified recipe since I couldn't get that kind of flour, so I did half 00 flour and half fine semolina and it worked great. I also didn't put in the stale bread because the ones 8 had over there tended not to have it.

Edit: and the pickled chilies are optional but a great addition and goulash is often served with some. Raw onion to garnish is vital.

Thanks, I've got a chuck roast in the freezer that I'm going to turn into that soon, I think.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
portabella mushroom pizzas

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

Leftovers from the pork butt I smoked on Sunday.

Pulled pork on a sweet roll with coleslaw and sliced red chili’s for a little spice.

Couple of other pictures of the pork:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

pan cooked medium rare lamb seasoned with a mexican coffee rub with kumara wedges (and potato wedges to fill it out), stir-fried beans with spinach, chipotle aioli and a little bit of mint

I was nervous because I haven't cooked lamb before and a coffee rub sounded weird as hell but this is one of the most delicious things I've ever made. Thank you, Nadia Lim.

SirSamVimes fucked around with this message at 08:53 on Sep 15, 2021