Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

:same:

The authoritarian ruler who :airquote: makes the hard choices :airquote: has been done before, but his incredible smugness makes him fun to watch. You can tell he genuinely wants people to ask him about Rayuba's suns so he can deploy his weird Demiurge Dad joke

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013
Maybe Allison will give the Key of Kings to Jagganoth in exchange for Cio's life. (For the next five minutes before he destroys all of creation.)

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

I loved seeing the ways the demiurges have trapped themselves in prisons of their own making, and it makes you want to see them escape even though they don't really deserve to. That's why I hope Jadis survived. We haven't really seen what her deal is within the comic proper.

All of Zoss' other would-be heirs mastered the power of the Key of Kings and with it overthrew the demiurges and liberated their subjects, but still fell to Jagganoth, the personification of the principle that superior ability to inflict violence renders all other considerations moot. Allison instead treated them with a certain kind of mercy, but they were still unable to provide an answer to Jagganoth, which by extension is a demonstration that the world they preside over also has no answer to the dilemma of power. And why would it? These six are only in charge because they're strong enough to be in charge, and that means all of their pretensions to ethics or principles are just that: pretensions.

Might doesn't make right, but what does make right? That's the question I feel at the heart of Kill Six Billion Demons.

HookedOnChthonics
Dec 5, 2015

Profoundly dull

Hempuli posted:

You can save 2 of the non-Mammon, non-Jagganoth demiurges for a later redemption arc, eventual friendship with the protagonists, and a spot in the spinoff comic where they all live as roommates and wacky hijinks ensue.

2 jagganoths

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth
A little late since she already exited the scene, but I just found Gog-Agog's tiktok

https://twitter.com/littleautomaton/status/1342210312829693952

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013
I just realized: Vriska.

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
Jadis is Sloth so she's not even gonna bother having a title card and everything.

paranoid randroid posted:

hot take but i think Dave is gonna die to save White Chain

he finally created a daughter even if was entirely by accident and he would have killed her in the next instant for offending his Lawyer Brain, but if Rayuba has to burn again i imagine he'd make a stand with every fiber of his being

Regalingualius posted:

He might also do it because between Jagg’s entrance probably killing all of his sons and this, it seems like a safe bet that White Chain is the very last piece of his legacy at this point.

OTOH the gnashing of teeth if some of his sons survived and witnessed that sacrifice would be hilarious.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

THANK you

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

packetmantis posted:

unironically, shes on a pretty similar wavelength to Solomon David

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

Hempuli posted:

The demiurge party:

- Mottom broods on the sofa all night, getting drunk on really expensive red wine and hurling insults at everyone who's nearby
- Solomon David joins for half an hour out of a sense of obligation, downs a bottle of vodka way too quickly but uses special breathing to instantly metabolize it. Then he goes to his room to meditate, check his stocks and powernap so that he can be perfectly fresh tomorrow
- Jadis is being kept in a corner; Gog and Incubus cool their drinks on her crystal casing
- Mammon has curled up in front of the fireplace and sleeps soundly throughout, like the good dog he is
- Gog is either on the dance floor, daring other guests to drink with her or taking embarrassing pics of other guests and publishing them immediately on instagram
- Jagganoth sits in a different corner, reading philosophy
- Incubus arrives 3 hours late, materializing from a pool of vomit and immediately steals a lighter and some cigarrettes from a passed-out guest. He either parties or tries to hit on other people

:nice:

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

sorry i feel like i was ragging too hard on the guy who made baba is you and now i feel bad sorry hempuli

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

YaketySass posted:

Jadis is Sloth so she's not even gonna bother having a title card and everything.

OTOH the gnashing of teeth if some of his sons survived and witnessed that sacrifice would be hilarious.

Bonus points if he found out the son he hated the most survived in his own last moments.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Regalingualius posted:

Bonus points if he found out the son he hated the most survived in his own last moments.

"Paternum! Please! Speak to me!"
".....why you of all people?"

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

packetmantis posted:

whoa, Vriskatime already?

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
its always vriskatime somewhere

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

paranoid randroid posted:

its always vriskatime somewhere

Ham Cheeks
Nov 18, 2012

Feeling hammy
Jagganoth doing a naked orbital powerbomb on our heroines using the severed head of a geriatric dragon god would be a fitting end to the comic

Aoi
Sep 12, 2017

Perpetually a Pain.

Ham Cheeks posted:

Jagganoth doing a naked orbital powerbomb on our heroines using the severed head of a geriatric dragon god would be a fitting end to the comic

It is outrageously metal.

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe
What if he flops it and lands on his taint instead?

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us

Z the IVth posted:

What if he flops it and lands on his taint instead?
Ohhh, sorry. Yeah, that was really embarrassing. Can you hold still so I can try this again?

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Ham Cheeks posted:

"The end! No moral!"

Hempuli
Nov 16, 2011

Cowcaster posted:

sorry i feel like i was ragging too hard on the guy who made baba is you and now i feel bad sorry hempuli

It's ok, don't worry, you raised a 100% valid point :hai:

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

Pity poor dead grandpa dog

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

Bilirubin posted:

IÄ IÄ

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem

Bilirubin posted:

you think 0001 somewhere out there rolled back to 0000 and is bawling her eyes out

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.

Cowcaster posted:

Reach Heaven Through Wanting to Bone Existence's Worst Disaster

I think the Aesma story that basically amounted to this is still one of my favorites.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

GlyphGryph posted:

I think the Aesma story that basically amounted to this is still one of my favorites.

"he sounds dreamy"

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?

CoolCab posted:

you think 0001 somewhere out there rolled back to 0000 and is bawling her eyes out

I wonder what happened to her what with her key fragment not working anymore. Gonna be a real bitch to get out of all that bondage gear if she suddenly ages up a la mottom

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Guildenstern Mother posted:

I wonder what happened to her what with her key fragment not working anymore. Gonna be a real bitch to get out of all that bondage gear if she suddenly ages up a la mottom

The High Priestess looks like the sort of lady who invests a great deal of effort into keeping herself in shape. No butt-fruit required.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

GlyphGryph posted:

I miss these stories, feels like it's been a while since we last had one. I hope when this story is over they'll all be gathered into a small leather bound book.

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016
Welp.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

incubus: "so THAT happened"

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
Incubus is still hot.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
We did it, we finally did it, we got the unleashed jaggahog

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...
What I like about Incubus is how relatable he is.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

You forgot to drop the link guys
https://twitter.com/Orbitaldropkick/status/1436489235339616256?s=20

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

i respect incubus for his ability to dodge every cut except the ones that cut off 100% of his skin

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
Still somehow a stinky boy despite the lack of skin.

e: Oh hey, I didn't fully realize the jaggahog has been unleashed. Hell yes.

habeasdorkus fucked around with this message at 02:14 on Sep 11, 2021

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Incubus speaks for us all. And christ, Jagg. What a mess.

eke out posted:

i respect incubus for his ability to dodge every cut except the ones that cut off 100% of his skin

It kind of looks like he just regenerated most or all of his body back. Head of John really did save him!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

eke out posted:

He protected what mattered: his hair.