Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

virtualboyCOLOR posted:

I fell those that don’t even attempt to cook have mental issues they need to look into that (exception is for those that work multiple jobs that literally don’t have the time).

What got me a couple days ago was the article saying there was a shortage of frozen waffles

Of all the loving things to waste freezer space on

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

Dr_0ctag0n posted:

Lol

Our company hasn't closed a single day and I'm the only person who has ever worn a mask during the entire pandemic.

Black pilled as gently caress. Hail Satan

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

Nonsense posted:

Berate your dad as you have never berated him before, surprise him with your hostility and anger. Sometimes you kinda have to call them loving idiots for it to get through, it's what I had to do with my dad.

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

LionArcher posted:

at Disneyland today. fully vaxxed and double masked myself. no N95’s in sight. site is packed. 60% or so is masked. half of that properly worn. the 40%? no masks at all.

lol.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

kreeningsons posted:

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > CIA-SPAM > [COVID-19] ejected from a local parents against Covid group

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

This is just as reductive as Newsom’s poo poo. The “Actually Mississippi is a blue state, they just don’t realize it yet,” is why Bernie would never win.

Doctor
Jul 22, 2005

GO TO YOUR ROOM!
public schools are going to reopen here in BC and I just found out that dr bonnie Henry is still focusing primarily on droplet, rather than aerosolized transmission. we have a whopping 1 page about this in our return to school guidelines. now compare this to the Ontario FORD PC GOVERNMENT which has a 13 page document covering aerosolized transmission, a spending plan to ensure proper ventilation in classrooms, and proper mask coverage. what the actual gently caress, our centre left party is getting owned by a trump lite

Raiad
Feb 1, 2005

Without the law, there wouldn't be lawyers.

Bruce Hussein Daddy posted:

Very little change in the covidactnow map from yesterday (not unexpected) so I made a terrible gif.

https://i.imgur.com/MByJ4nb.mp4

giygas down in arkansas

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

no consistency. these people now trust the organization that gave Obama a Nobel peace prize

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Rhesus Pieces posted:

"living with COVID" means forcing everyone to pretend it doesn't exist and to shut up about it forever

that's it, that's the endgame. they just don't want to hear about it anymore

in the future nobody will die of COVID, they'll just die

Lol it’s this

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

Asproigerosis posted:

Nobody else at work was as amused by the phrase cuck goblet as I was so I got to look like the weirdo laughing at Tony stark.

what is a cuck goblet?

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

Fix posted:

lol it's been four months.

No we've been fully opened since at least last fall, and even that's only in the states that were taking things really seriously. CT had some of the highest mask compliance numbers in the country last year and we still had huge numbers of unmasked people crowding into both outdoor and indoor spaces last summer.

The CDC mask burning party was poo poo, but it doesn't matter because masks without restrictions weren't going to do anything anyway. Nobody's been stopping anyone from doing anything for at least a year.

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

ram dass in hell posted:

i just found out this is a real quote and not just a catch phrase itt, what the gently caress

this knowledge is kramering around in my brain doin a crack ping everywhere
lmao this never gets old

Coldrice
Jan 20, 2006

"The bourgeoisie is only charitable out of self-interest; giving nothing outright. Making bargains with the poor: 'If I spend this much upon benevolence, I purchase the right not to be troubled any further"

The poor didn't shut up about dying to covid when they received crumbs of money, so now its "learn to live with covid"

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

Apr 7, 2003

I turned the radio on to listen to baseball and the loving pre-game guy was talking about how we need to open everything up and “learn to live with covid”. There’s absolutely a concerted narrative that we need to pretend this isn’t real now.

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/bern_hogan/status/1434920688310177796

quote:

Hochul on Sunday advised unemployed New Yorkers set to lose benefits Monday to seek help from workforce training programs.

“It’s simply a matter of connecting the dots, connecting the people to the training, connecting them to the positions,” she said. “That’s something I’ll be laser-focused on because a lot of people are hurting today as a result of the federal government’s not extending the resources and the time frame for this.”

"We're dying"

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

My unvaccinated second cousin in the hospital with covid and the unvaccinated sisters are trying to pull strings to go visit her face to face and seems to have been successful :shepicide:

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

So what does "living with the virus" actually mean?

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

Mola Yam posted:

disproportionate cock activity

Coldrice
Jan 20, 2006

genericnick posted:

Open everything up, and accept that a percentage of the population will die, and that a percentage of the population will have "long covid" for the rest of their lives. It just becomes another hazard of living like getting a cold.

Apr 7, 2003

genericnick posted:

You’re looking at it, thousands of deaths a day and hospital system collapse.

Bruce Hussein Daddy
Dec 26, 2005

I testify that there is none worthy of worship except God and I testify that Muhammad is the Messenger of God

genericnick posted:

Rhesus Pieces posted:

"living with COVID" means forcing everyone to pretend it doesn't exist and to shut up about it forever

that's it, that's the endgame. they just don't want to hear about it anymore

in the future nobody will die of COVID, they'll just die

Blitter
Mar 16, 2011

Intellectual
AI Enthusiast

Twerk from Home posted:

If everybody in the US gets COVID in a short time, there is an upper bound on death, we are unlikely to lose more than 6 or 8 million people tops even with healthcare collapse.

Don't be dense, there is no upper bound on an uncontrolled viral epidemic in the long term - with ~35% of the infected not gaining significant immunity, dwindling vaccine efficacy and/or poor booster uptake, limited cross-strain immunity and selection pressure against both we will have a constant succession of variant waves.

Each wave will deal long term health issues to a percentage of the infected, and tear through them and those and other pre-existing conditions, and provide a perfect environment for producing the next dominant variant.

Repeat.

Apr 7, 2003

My brain is in a real bad place today, football stadiums packed to the tits while the media says we need to learn with the virus and also it’s so nice that things are back to normal is really loving me up this weekend.

Hungry
Jul 14, 2006

genericnick posted:

Social breakdown.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

genericnick posted:

"cmon, you don't mean to stay home all this time?? geez that's not good for you, lets go back to the office, whaddya say champ?"

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

OK baizuo
Mar 19, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

Local news just had a segment about how mask mandates are wrong and had a lawyer for a bunch of parents who are suing to end them on to talk. The media is 100% in on the death narrative. Cool

If blue maga were smart they'd realize vaccine mandates would be an indirect way of purging institutions of chud nutters, especially the police, but they're way too spineless to use authority effectively

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

gradenko_2000 posted:

lol wtf I got blocked by Zeynep Tufekci

owned

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

I turned the radio on to listen to baseball and the loving pre-game guy was talking about how we need to open everything up and “learn to live with covid”. There’s absolutely a concerted narrative that we need to pretend this isn’t real now.

those of us who were called hysterical at calling trump a genocidal white supremacist were 100% correct, people were just expecting the purge of the vulnerable and lower caste from society to take the form of trains and camps, not a surrender to a virus by capital interests. all the dehumanizing in stages efforts that everyone was 100% correct in comparing to historical example, this is just the final step, everyone is too dissociated and atomized to resist as capital throws the poor and elderly and otherwise vulnerable among us into the volcano so that number goes up. done deal. white supremacist fascist takeover and purge checklist complete. time for new game+

turd in my singlet
Jul 5, 2008

DO ALL DA WORK

WIT YA NECK

*heavy metal music playing*
Nap Ghost

mastershakeman posted:

Honestly it's probably doing dishes and pans after cooking and we need to normalize paper plates and plastic silverware to throw away after the fact

no one having energy to do dishes is an issue with capitalists driving laborers into dust, not a reason to further maximize consumer waste. what the gently caress

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

Hey idk man I'm not virologist of infectious disease expert but maybe since the vaccines are super safe and delta is busting down older vaccinations left and right, maybe, just maybe, we would want to err on the side of caution and get ahead of things a tiny bit. For once. Just one loving time.

We need a loving sterilizing nasal vaccine that has general spike / whole capsid affinity and go full blown fascist to get it in people, or just start loving paying people piles of cash to get it.

cr0y fucked around with this message at 18:23 on Sep 6, 2021

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Paradoxish posted:

What I find amusing is that these worst-case scenarios would be unbelievably bad for the brunch crowd that's lusting for them.

Bad things happen to other people, silly. Not them. They are the main character.

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

Good Citizen posted:

oh hey their lovely band is playing like an hour from here literally tomorrow lol

how was it?

RembrandtQEinstein
Jul 1, 2009

A GOD, A MESSIAH, AN ARCHANGEL, A KING, A PRINCE, AND AN ALL TERRAIN VEHICLE.

inferis posted:

got really sad this morning because I’m getting married tomorrow and it only just hit me that I’m never going to be able to have an actual wedding, I’m doing the paperwork tomorrow and when I had talked to my partner he had said we could do a ceremony sometime in the future but it’s like, either there is no time it’s possible in the future or if it is it’s just oh yeah we got married five years ago but come to our wedding, and that just seems super lame

Yeah, I pushed my wedding reception back to this October 2021 (lol) back in March of 2020 because I knew 0% chance things would be ok in October of 2020 (the venue thought different, lol) and had a tiny outdoor ceremony on the day we were supposed to have a big fun party which was still super nice.

Now we're pushing the ceremony back again. I attended a (masked and vax required) very small wedding in late July and it made me realize I do want a reception; I had been on the fence about just not having one and jamming the money saved into house payments or a future honeymoon (lol who knows when that will be). Whenever it happens it can be a vow renewal/2-3-4-5 year celebration which is still cool, but obviously not the same.

poo poo's rough, but prioritizing the health of people you care about is the right call.

Blitter posted:

Don't be dense, there is no upper bound on an uncontrolled viral epidemic in the long term - with ~35% of the infected not gaining significant immunity, dwindling vaccine efficacy and/or poor booster uptake, limited cross-strain immunity and selection pressure against both we will have a constant succession of variant waves.

Each wave will deal long term health issues to a percentage of the infected, and tear through them and those and other pre-existing conditions, and provide a perfect environment for producing the next dominant variant.

Repeat.

That's what really gets me. People don't understand that unless we go Covid Zero only worse things will be coming down the line.

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:
the happiest person on the entire planet right now is Stephen Miller and that is so hosed up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

ram dass in hell posted:

those of us who were called hysterical at calling trump a genocidal white supremacist were 100% correct, people were just expecting the purge of the vulnerable and lower caste from society to take the form of trains and camps, not a surrender to a virus by capital interests. all the dehumanizing in stages efforts that everyone was 100% correct in comparing to historical example, this is just the final step, everyone is too dissociated and atomized to resist as capital throws the poor and elderly and otherwise vulnerable among us into the volcano so that number goes up. done deal. white supremacist fascist takeover and purge checklist complete. time for new game+

the hysteria is that Trump is not remotely unique in this, just take a quick look at open Biden