Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Very rudo move Cav

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

SatoshiMiwa posted:

I forget the names in the match but I swear CMLL had legends match that was even worse than the AAA one and Bushwackers vs Sheik/Volkov

Are you thinking of Dos Caras/El Rayo de Jalisco Jr./Villano IV vs. Canek/Cien Caras/Mascara Año 2000?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=unoDnMSATJ0

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
What was with white wrestlers in their late thirties and forties desperately trying to claim -izzle, etc from black people in the late nineties? Like nWo promos and Hogan’s bigoraphy.

EDIT: Biography. Holy poo poo

Pope Corky the IX fucked around with this message at 21:14 on Sep 5, 2021

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Pope Corky the IX posted:

What was with white wrestlers in their late thirties and forties desperately trying to claim -izzle, etc from black people in the late nineties? Like nWo promos and Hogan’s bigoraphy.

its carny talk.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

disaster pastor posted:

Are you thinking of Dos Caras/El Rayo de Jalisco Jr./Villano IV vs. Canek/Cien Caras/Mascara Año 2000?

No it was a match in that happened in the last couple of years

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS

Coaaab posted:

guess you could check

i remember this

also, what happened to hulkamatt?

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

disaster pastor posted:

I will never ever ever not giggle like a small child over the discussion of Mascara Año 2000's name.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

DEAR RICHARD posted:

i remember this

Whatever Happened to HulkaMatt Jones?

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

STONE COLD 64 posted:

its carny talk.

They were also trying to be cool, which for Kevin Nash meant half-remembering rap lyrics he heard on the WWF heel tour bus thanks to Yokozuna.

Quinntan
Sep 11, 2013

Dawgstar posted:

Does anybody even take a back bump in that match? CAN anybody even take a back bump in that match without disintegrating?

Yes! One of the bushwhackers takes a back bump off of a kick to the gut.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

STONE COLD 64 posted:

Whatever Happened to HulkaMatt Jones?

HulkaMatt Jones is what Taz calls PSP

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Quinntan posted:

Yes! One of the bushwhackers takes a back bump off of a kick to the gut.
there was also a soft slam

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
What's Green Lantern Fan up to these days, is he still timing matches or whatever

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

algebra testes posted:

What's Green Lantern Fan up to these days, is he still timing matches or whatever

Sometimes when I'm Googling to find matches I end up on his Daily Motion channel. Which is under his real name & I hate that I know his real name, I blame Bix & Between The Sheets for that knowledge. Anyway, his last uploaded match was a few months ago, an FIP match from '08, Nigel McGuinness vs Larry Sweeney.

Quinntan
Sep 11, 2013

jesus WEP posted:

there was also a soft slam

I wouldn't call being gently placed on nikolai volkoff's knee a bump.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

algebra testes posted:

Didn't he try to do one of those on-camera proposal things and got shot down?

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Dawgstar posted:

Didn't he try to do one of those on-camera proposal things and got shot down?

That was on RAW about 25 years ago

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

DEAR RICHARD posted:

i remember this

he's still around

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

El Gallinero Gros posted:

That was on RAW about 25 years ago

I thought it was at an ROH show but that's even better.

Kermit The Grog
Mar 29, 2010
What's the deal with Minoru Suzuki intro song and what's the bit everyone sings along to and why?

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Clockwork Rocktapus posted:

What's the deal with Minoru Suzuki intro song and what's the bit everyone sings along to and why?

They sing along because he's great and the song is great. It means Become the Wind.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

KAZI NI NARE

Theswarms
Dec 20, 2005

If you don't sing along he will murder you, therefore sing along.

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

Theswarms posted:

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?

the short version I might gently caress up because it's been a while and sources are scarce, but iirc: Suzuki was a big of Ayumi Nakamura, and wanted to have a song of hers as his theme if he ever made it big. Then he did make it big, real big, big enough to not just license one of her songs--she straight up wrote Kaze Ni Nare with Suzuki in mind. It's a cool loving song on its own just because it's so unwrestler-like, being forlorn and reflective, like some poo poo you'd see in the end credits of an anime and not entrance music. If you ever sit down and listen to the song on its own, you'll understand why people sing that part, because it's a very cool part and I also want to sing it

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Yeah, the song is about like trying even when it's hard and no-one believes in you and becoming your best self if I remember the translation I read a while back.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I want a Dead By Daylight mod where the murderer is Minoru Suzuki and you distantly hear Kaze Ni Nare on a loop, and it gets louder whenever he's near you.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Theswarms posted:

N.B. if you do sing along he will still murder you.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."
Just don't make eye contact. Or draw any attention towards you in general.

Definitely don't say "I wish Minoru Suzuki would come over and kick my rear end."
ESPECIALLY don't say anything bad about One Piece, though, he's a huge fan.

Theswarms
Dec 20, 2005

IGgy IGsen posted:

Just don't make eye contact. Or draw any attention towards you in general.

Definitely don't say "I wish Minoru Suzuki would come over and kick my rear end."
ESPECIALLY don't say anything bad about One Piece, though, he's a huge fan.

When he announces its time to go clean up a beach, you go clean up that beach.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

If you say "Minoru Suzuki" into a mirror 5 times nothing will happen because he was going to kill you anyway and he's on HIS schedule, not yours.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

sticklefifer posted:

I want a Dead By Daylight mod where the murderer is Minoru Suzuki and you distantly hear Kaze Ni Nare on a loop, and it gets louder whenever he's near you.

Hello? BHVR? You know that new sound you've been looking for? Well listen to THIS!

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Why did Triple H say “You look to your blood” when X-pac first came back in ‘98? Where they supposed to be related?

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
Nah its just some The Kliq nonsense

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

is IMPACT a money making concern?

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Royal Updog posted:

is IMPACT a money making concern?

nah nobody is concerned about them making money.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
it's, unclear. They are currently owned by a Canadian television mogul's holdings in Anthem, and before that have basically never turned a profit in their entire history in any fashion. So, probably not, but there is a chance that Anthem has managed to pare back costs to stop it from being the comical bleeding pit of money it has been since inception.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
The thing is, I would love it if Impact succeeded now that it's officially ditched all the TNA stuff. They need a bigger budget and better bookers, but being a solid third choice for wrestlers in the US without looking like an indie hall with some LED boards would be good for everyone involved. They'd just have to get it the hell away from Leonard Asper, who has historically run every one of his family's business prospects into the ground.

Sega 32X
Jan 3, 2004

What was the thread where people voted on the worst person in wrestling?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

Sega 32X posted:

What was the thread where people voted on the worst person in wrestling?

Depressing