Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

VOTE1
Aug 23, 2007

Am I up?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Yeah, you can pick.

VOTE1
Aug 23, 2007

Seattle is going to select our goalie, Darcy Kuemper. He had an average year last year, but the two previous years his GSAA had been 4th best in the league, and he’s moved from the mess of Arizona to playing in front of the avalanche, that has to be a better environment.

Comes in with a pretty good contract of 3.5 as well.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
I'll take Tyler Seguin who should still have some good hockey left.

Svechnikov-Hughes
Seguin

Rielly

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Edit: Not my turn yet

El Gallinero Gros fucked around with this message at 05:04 on Sep 6, 2021

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
Vegas picks Taylor Hall

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Good pick on Hall

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

fawning deference posted:

Good pick on Hall

Good way to guarantee first round pick in the next fantasy draft !

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
Exactly!

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

As tempting as it is to stack my defense (there are at least 2 top-tier defensemen left imo), centers are going fast. I want to build my team on defense, so even though there are some nice offensive centers still available, the New Jersey Devils are proud to select Joel Eriksson-Ek.

Ek gives me two dominant defensive centers (with O'Reilly). He shot 16% last year, likely an aberration, but he still scored 19 goals at even-strength playing against some of the toughest competition in the league. Only 24, signed for the next 8 years at $5.25m. I'd expect Ek to be a remarkable defensive player who can chip in 50 points and hopefully get even better offensively considering on my team, he won't be the No. 1 guy and can play against lesser competition.

This gives me O'Reilly and Ek down the middle, with a first pairing of Toews-McAvoy, so I'm pretty pumped at how things have gone thus far.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Calgary selects Goaltender Semyon Varlamov

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high
Phone posting so gimme Carey loving Price oh ya

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

fawning deference posted:

I'd expect Ek to be a remarkable defensive player who can chip in 50 points and hopefully get even better offensively

I'm sure Minnesota would hope for that as well but he was still only on a 40 point pace last year so I'd temper those expectations

Not that it's unprecedented but you can probably count on 1 hand the number of players who suddenly double their shooting percentage at 24 and sustain it

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line
I'm going to take a chance on a goalie that looks promising, but hasn't had a large number of starts in any season yet with Chris Driedger

fantastic QS%, the last two seasons, decent sv%, GAA, and GA%. This is all on a small sample, so maybe this'll be a bad decision, but we'll see!

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

I'm sure Minnesota would hope for that as well but he was still only on a 40 point pace last year so I'd temper those expectations

Not that it's unprecedented but you can probably count on 1 hand the number of players who suddenly double their shooting percentage at 24 and sustain it

Yep, reasonable. If he can even put up 40 points he'd be a great 2C considering his shutdown defense value.

I also think Ek was playing against other teams' top players in Minnesota; as a 2C here, I think that could open up some opportunities for him, since O'Reilly will get the toughest assignments.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Logged in, picking now....

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Ottawa selects goaltender Ilya Sorokin

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

shyduck posted:

Ottawa selects goaltender Ilya Sorokin

Great pick. Was hoping he'd be overlooked

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

YKNOW THERES ONLY ONE DIRECTION I KNOW AND THATS DRIVIN STRAIGHT TO THE NET
Okay, mono has a skipped pick to make whenever.

Kuule hain nussivan is on the clock until 4:54 Eastern (about 45 minutes from now).

Then:

eXXon
FBS
Drunk Canuck
glynnenstein

morningdrew
Jul 18, 2003

It's toe-tapping-ly tragic!

Yeah I'm hosting a labor day cookout, I'll do my research tonight or tomorrow to figure out my next pick

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

mentholmoose posted:

Kuule hain nussivan is on the clock until 4:54 Eastern (about 45 minutes from now).

Doesn't he have an hour more than that?

Anyway, I'm ready to :justpost: whenever.

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

JawKnee picked at 10:54, shyduck got skipped at 12:54 but picked after he got skipped, mono got skipped at 2:54, so Kuule has until 4:54.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Ok well, you snooze you lose, so the Toronto Maple Leafs are happy to select a #1 defenseman who probably outscored a bunch of the forwards already picked, consistently has top tier defensive metrics and can play either side of the ice - come on down, good ol' Nepean, Ontario kid Andreas Johnsson and Travis Dermott, Mackenzie Weegar!

This gives me two dynamic duos in Point-Guentzel and Werenski-Weegar, a pairing likely to cause some announcers consternation.

Precambrian Video Games fucked around with this message at 22:11 on Sep 6, 2021

Kuule hain nussivan
Nov 27, 2008

I have plenty of time! Plenty of time to add some secondary scoring! So with this pick, the Edmonton Oilers pick a player who was tied second for total points (out of goalies) TRISTAN JARRY!

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

Time for a winger, somebody with a guaranteed first line spot who will score some goals. The Jets select Jakub Vrana.

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Weegar is so fn good. I think he was one of 3 top tier D left that I can think of.

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

Yeah he was one of the few I was hoping would make it back to me, I still have three left who I consider top end guys but d and goalie are both drying up pretty fast!

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

Kings Select G JOHN GIBSON

glynnenstein is up until 8:28

Drunk Canuck fucked around with this message at 23:32 on Sep 6, 2021

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

How the gently caress was Gibson still around?

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

FBS posted:

How the gently caress was Gibson still around?

he had a bad year last year (behind an abysmal team and he's probably still really good because he pretty much always has been)

glynnenstein
Feb 18, 2014

The Washington Capitals select Josh Norris.

Technetium
Oct 26, 2006

TRILOBITE TECHNICIAN
QUITE POSSIBLY GAY

Yeah I was also hoping for Weegar to fall to me. Now I get to play the waiting of seeing my shortlist disappear before my eyes.

Technetium
Oct 26, 2006

TRILOBITE TECHNICIAN
QUITE POSSIBLY GAY

edit im stupid

Technetium fucked around with this message at 02:17 on Sep 7, 2021

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

I am not skipped for another half hour I think, but the Blues are going to take Ryan Ellis and have an actual top pairing defenseman before they're all gone.

Team looks like:

Landeskog-Barkov
Lafreniere

Ellis

Now Arabian Jesus is definitely up.

Arabian Jesus
Feb 15, 2008

We've got the American Jesus
Bolstering national faith

We've got the American Jesus
Overwhelming millions every day

Minnesota will select D Alec Martinez

morningdrew
Jul 18, 2003

It's toe-tapping-ly tragic!

Better late than never, the Boston Bruins select Tyler Toffoli!

VOTE1
Aug 23, 2007

Yaya has until 10.59 am tomorrow to pick

Yaya
Duckman2008
Technetium
Also VOTE1
lazerwolf
Furnaceface
mentholmoose

\/ oh ok, I thought my time stamp setting was east coast us.. ignore me then.
Edit2: apparently I didn’t have the dst box ticked.

VOTE1 fucked around with this message at 11:16 on Sep 7, 2021

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

11:59 EST actually, clock is 2 hours and paused from 10 to 10.

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks
Nobody let me know I was up until about 30 seconds before I was leaving for work so fuckin, give me Bo Horvat, I guess. Homer pick and fits the gimmick I don't have time to plan this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

Duckman said he's taking Jordan Binnington on the Discord.

Technetium is up now.