Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

lol.

lmao.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

oh phew that horrific story got me all sad but look, the number went down. everything must be over now

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Phigs posted:

Vaccination is just an extra layer of protection so you're less likely to die or suffer long-term complications from COVID. There was never a point to your life in the first place and we are never, ever getting back to normal.

The key to living now is to stop looking for a point to things and to make your own normal. You deal by learning new ways to appreciate life and expanding your internal horizons. Oh and by doom posting and laughing at our stupid insane loving existence.

I am 34 and never had any sort of relationship. My only friend lives half a continent away. I am trapped in a place where I don't speak the language, because my dad turns out to have manipulated my brother into making me move closer to him because he was worried I was lonely and somehow believed this whole thing would blow over. I am treated like a child by the only people I care about. I have nothing and now can GAIN nothing. What will reading a bunch of books solve? I essentially live in loving SOLITARY CONFINEMENT.

TheSlutPit
Dec 26, 2009

Der Meister posted:

if everyone is vaccinated just see your family who loving cares

the worst people in the world will ensure you get infected eventually anyway

get high

fr just wear a good mask and keep it on from the minute you set foot in the airport to the minute you leave.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Der Meister posted:

if everyone is vaccinated just see your family who loving cares

the worst people in the world will ensure you get infected eventually anyway

get high

I talked my spouse into wearing n95s on the plane down here. good ones. I am constantly surrounded by maskless people every single time I go to get necessities. If seeing my spouse after almost two years gives me covid, well, at least it wasn't some random rear end in a top hat at Tractor Supply. My parents are angry trumpist bigots that I won't chance seeing while covid is around. Dad disowned me when Trump lost and Mom is iffy a lot. No siblings, no cousins, no aunts in contact, no uncles in contact. Spouse is my only family. Rip me.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.

blatman posted:

did someone make a laboured breathing day joke yet

Hercules Day

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

AceOfFlames posted:

Books about places I will never get to see, relationships and friendships I will never have, experiences that because I stupidly was a shut in now I will never experience?

Are you for real?

oh this guy again lol

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

I talked my spouse into wearing n95s on the plane down here. good ones. I am constantly surrounded by maskless people every single time I go to get necessities. If seeing my spouse after almost two years gives me covid, well, at least it wasn't some random rear end in a top hat at Tractor Supply. My parents are angry trumpist bigots that I won't chance seeing while covid is around. Dad disowned me when Trump lost and Mom is iffy a lot. No siblings, no cousins, no aunts in contact, no uncles in contact. Spouse is my only family. Rip me.

fuckin hell y’all are a depressing lot

write off your family and go live with your spouse if you can

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

whoa, looks like this thread has a bad case of immune memory-evading aceofflames posting

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

The Oldest Man posted:

whoa, looks like this thread has a bad case of immune memory-evading aceofflames posting

we keep getting reinfected

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

The Oldest Man posted:

I just want to understand. What is wrong with me that I cannot deal with this? I just want to know the RIght thing to do. Not a matter of opinion. I care about Truth.

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

AceOfFlames posted:

I am 34 and never had any sort of relationship. My only friend lives half a continent away. I am trapped in a place where I don't speak the language, because my dad turns out to have manipulated my brother into making me move closer to him because he was worried I was lonely and somehow believed this whole thing would blow over. I am treated like a child by the only people I care about. I have nothing and now can GAIN nothing. What will reading a bunch of books solve? I essentially live in loving SOLITARY CONFINEMENT.

escapism will take the edge off of your misery

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

:therapy:

Doctor
Jul 22, 2005

GO TO YOUR ROOM!
https://www.theguardian.com/science...obox=1630927210

hope y’all are ready for space COVID

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

smoke some weed or something idk

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Der Meister posted:

smoke some weed or something idk

I hate alcohol, and didn't even get into drugs in the Netherlands, much less in much stricter Norway.

Even antidepressants don't work on me. My brain refuses to let me escape the hell that is reality.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Der Meister posted:

fuckin hell y’all are a depressing lot

write off your family and go live with your spouse if you can

Spouse is stationed in WA. The farm is in GA. We haven't seen each other since 12/13/19. I'd done 9 funerals the last time I saw him.

I've performed over 700 now.

My folks live in an entire other state. Spouse retires next year, if we live that long. Depressing is him missing the death of our two good little dogs this year, dogs that we had together for 10 and 13+ years respectively. Depressing is being awake at 2 am cleaning house instead of doing my next psych exam to see if I'm allowed to go back to doing funerals again over zoom with the UUs, because poo poo is so bad that I hosed up my last one and couldn't get cleared.

Covid is exhausting, but adding on other poo poo makes it so much worse.

gently caress 2021.

Apr 7, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

quote:

PITTSBURGH — With numerous events held over the holiday weekend and schools in full swing, health officials said it’s not a question of if we’ll see a post-Labor Day surge in COVID-19 cases. Rather, it’s how bad it will be.

“The number of cases have risen everywhere, and that includes Pittsburgh,” said Dr. Edward Ketyer, a pediatrician with Allegheny Health Network.

On Monday, Allegheny County’s health department announced more than 900 new COVID-19 cases since Friday.

Most people we talked to don’t want to see a return to more restrictions.

“I just want to get on with life, try to be safe and cautious. Go by the guidelines. Stay away from people. Keep your hands clean,” said Dwayne Altman of Pittsburgh.

Students in grades K-12 are back in school full time, as well as those in area colleges and universities.

Coupled that with concerts, festivals and sporting events, and it’s just a waiting game to see what the transmission of the delta variant will bring this fall.

“If you are vaccinated, you should be protected. If you’re not vaccinated, that was your own choice,” said Altman.

Consent manufacturing sector looks strong

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

AceOfFlames posted:

I just want to understand. What is wrong with me that I cannot deal with this? I just want to know the RIght thing to do. Not a matter of opinion. I care about Truth.

Find a really cool online social thing to do. Doesn't matter if it's D&D or a video game or whatever. Find something you're honestly interested in. Look for something that goes weekly or a couple times a week. That way you have something to look forward to, cool pals to talk to, and an easy way to break the ice to make those pals.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

Find a really cool online social thing to do. Doesn't matter if it's D&D or a video game or whatever. Find something you're honestly interested in. Look for something that goes weekly or a couple times a week. That way you have something to look forward to, cool pals to talk to, and an easy way to break the ice to make those pals.

Where do you find online D&D groups?

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

if only anyone could have figured this out before yet another holiday weekend

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Incredible article jam packed with amazing news and facts like "if aliens exists there might be micro organisms that live with them too".

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Disclosure was cancelled because the Brazilian delegation showed up to one of the planning meetings maskless and gave the Galactic Federation of Light ambassadors COVID.

wisconsingreg
Jan 13, 2019
you guys are super infected with christain soul belief

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

AceOfFlames posted:

Where do you find online D&D groups?

I get the occasional invite from friends, but last I knew roll 20 has "lfm" stuff. Plus, I'm sure there are threads in Trad Games that are looking for folks.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

One of my online friends is diabetic and had multiple marrow transplants, got vaxxed, lives in the UK and he keeps talking about holidays and going to movies and comic book stores. I don't have the heart to tell him that he shouldn't be doing any of those things. Which of us is the crazy one?

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
This thread makes me glad my family doesn't love me and can go decades without seeing me without breaking a sweat.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Vasukhani posted:

you guys are super infected with christain soul belief

If God exists, I expect Him to give me a Japanese style grovelling apology. And I will whisper "No" and stomp His face.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

The US decided restaurants not having indoor dining is tyranny, while imprisoning more people than any other country.

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!
I just want to understand.

What is wrong with me

that I cannot deal with this?

I just want to know

the RIght thing to do.

I care about Truth.

-jimmy eat world, probably

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

I'm a few pages back but can't believe anyone goes through this life not knowing what a bao bun is. They are my lifeblood.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Atrocious Joe posted:

The US decided restaurants not having indoor dining is tyranny, while imprisoning more people than any other country.

It's not just the US it's EVERYONE except China or New Zealand. NO WHERE IS SANE.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Atrocious Joe posted:

eatin good in the neighborhood

while cops shoot up another neighborhood

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

I thought more parents would be like this

https://twitter.com/AshleySWeitz/status/1434581862110797827?s=19

Apr 7, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Americans fuckin hate their kids. lol

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

I'm a few pages back but can't believe anyone goes through this life not knowing what a bao bun is. They are my lifeblood.

I love them but I don't know how to make them. Like, even reading https://www.everybunnyeats.com/shoutao-lian-rong-bao-longevity-peach-lotus-paste-steamed-buns/ seems like I'd probably gently caress it up. Might be something neat to do some random Covid day though.

Wolfy
Jul 13, 2009

Most people can't make the connection that one of those children might be one of theirs. They are being careful, you know? Doing everything right.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

Americans fuckin hate their kids. lol

A parent burying their child is such an unnatural tragedy and we're opening Biden every school

lol

lmao

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
THere are definitely good people in trad games that will have games with you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apr 7, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Last year a local sports radio guy went into a rant on air about having to spend time with his kids. He was super upset that he couldn't go golfing because "dad deserves to golf" and he was talking about sleeping in his car in the garage. Very normal.