Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

There's somebody who needs that bed and might not get it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Put old man dusted liver in a nursing home.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

https://twitter.com/VincentRK/status/1434857581164601350

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Gov Death-Santa really trying to empty out god’s waiting room :v:

Is this with them cooking the books into a charred carbon? Because :stonklol:

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Icon Of Sin posted:

Gov Death-Santa really trying to empty out god’s waiting room :v:

Is this with them cooking the books into a charred carbon? Because :stonklol:

This is based off of the “official” number, so, yes, this is with the cooked books.

Reminder that more people have died in Florida than DeSantis’ margin of victory over Gillum.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
I am seeing a bunch of 9/11 stuff popping up. Which I guess makes sense since it’s four days away (I forgot) and one thought that popped in my head is if another massive terrorist attack occurred on US soil, the response by chuds (and probably everyone to some degree) would 100% depend on what the terrorists attacked.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

boop the snoot posted:

I am seeing a bunch of 9/11 stuff popping up. Which I guess makes sense since it’s four days away (I forgot) and one thought that popped in my head is if another massive terrorist attack occurred on US soil, the response by chuds (and probably everyone to some degree) would 100% depend on what the terrorists attacked.

Nah, paranoia, into hate crimes, into another forever war if it's perpetrated by anything but a Christian white guy or the target is an abortion clinic.

In which case thoughts and prayers.

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

Chuds were never exactly fond of NYC, but they sure do love to use the twin towers as justification for their views.

I'm confident they'll briefly pretend to overlook their distaste for liberal hotspots the next time one is attacked, as long as the attackers are foreign and the target isn't, say, an abortion clinic.

E:f;b

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Arc Light posted:

Chuds were never exactly fond of NYC, but they sure do love to use the twin towers as justification for their views.

I'm confident they'll briefly pretend to overlook their distaste for liberal hotspots the next time one is attacked, as long as the attackers are foreign and the target isn't, say, an abortion clinic.

Ted Cruz learned this the hard way.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TM6qRl3dSME

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Arc Light posted:

Nah they id with the target and blame the people leaving there for not protecting it now. First responder jacking off notwithstanding.

I’ll say that of CHUDs, I’ve met ones that often like the city or artifacts, but not the people. So you know like HP Lovecraft, but with more love for the location.

Ones who just like city and people are kind of rare, but also varies on the location. Those ones are also weird, because they’re genuinely pleasant and nice, but also well CHUDs.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:

The way to double down is to say NYC deserved a 9/11, but it was wrong for it to come from a foreign country :smuggo: Ted isn't a very good politician.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

A Bad Poster posted:

The way to double down is to say NYC deserved a 9/11, but it was wrong for it to come from a foreign country :smuggo: Ted isn't a very good politician.

God:drat:

TCD
Nov 13, 2002

Every step, a fucking adventure.
I live in a pretty blue area in NoVa... Found out our neighbors (both mom and grandma are nurses) are anti-vaxxers.

At least they are renters?

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

TCD posted:

I live in a pretty blue area in NoVa... Found out our neighbors (both mom and grandma are nurses) are anti-vaxxers.

Don't forget, the OG anti-vax movement was hard in the blue zone.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
:siren: ATTENTION, IT'S TIME TO RENAME THE CONFEDERATE BASES :siren:

https://twitter.com/paulmcleary/status/1435276712904953863

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer
Basey McBaseface!

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

TCD posted:

Some in-laws are anti-vaxxers and loud about it on FB, especially as several are WA state workers and may be let go if they don't get the shot (they always call it "the jab" for some reason, and often call the virus C****. Dunno if they're worried about data harvesting why they love FB but whatevs).

If the patriarch of that branch of the family had enough sense to get vaccinated his influence would probably get about a dozen people to knock it off and get jabbed. Assuming this is a common situation.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

facialimpediment posted:

John Brown AFB, John Brown AFB 2, John Brown AFB 3...

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Thwomp posted:

Basey McBaseface!

I'd suggest Ace of Base but... they turned out to be Nazis

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Kesper North posted:

I'd suggest Ace of Base but... they turned out to be Nazis

If only we saw the signs

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

facialimpediment posted:

Fort Luca, Fort Montgomery, Fort Lando...

crazyivan45
Apr 30, 2008
Fort Benjamin H Ghazi

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
They’re going to suggest Ft Trump, Ft McConnell, Ft DeSantis, Ft Cruz, etc etc and democrats are going to be like “we agree #blm”

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
Can the next forever war be against those "we're calling about your car's extended warranty" telemarketing assholes?

Also, my vote is that Fort Lee be renamed Fort Vanderploog.

BIG HEADLINE fucked around with this message at 20:55 on Sep 7, 2021

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?
I recommended renaming Fort Lee after this guy

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

I've said it before but why doesn't the Army just do what the Navy does (NS Norfolk, etc) and name it Fort [Place]

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Fort Sherman better be a thing somewhere in the south :colbert:

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Nick Soapdish posted:

I've said it before but why doesn't the Army just do what the Navy does (NS Norfolk, etc) and name it Fort [Place]

Because if there wasn't a minuscule chance of having a base named after you, no one would join the Army.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

McNally posted:

I recommended renaming Fort Lee after this guy

I suggested Grant instead.

Thomas can have Fort Bragg.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Nick Soapdish posted:

"Fort Middle of Nowhere Missouri" "Fort Middle of Nowhere South Carolina"...

ASAPI
Apr 20, 2007
I invented the line.

I want Fort Smalls:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Smalls

Sacrist65
Mar 24, 2007
Frunnkiss
The thought of Fort Benning renamed to Fort Sherman makes me so happy.

The rest can be Fort Reagan or whatever its worth it.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Fort States Rights (yes I know he was on the wrong side)

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Installation: Ft. Polk, LA

Suggested Name: Ft. Benjamin Butler

Justification:

Malicious compliance with the letter of the rules to produce outcomes in closer accord with the spirit of the rules is the highest and longest-standing tradition of the United Sates Army. Gen. Butler was the unchallenged master of the form.

His order to define enslaved persons as "contraband of war" both operated within the prevailing framework of humans as property while also providing the first concrete action towards general emancipation in American history.

General Butler's provision of basic sanitation services and quarantine of contagiously ill residents in the city of New Orleans is also noteworthy for dramatically reducing the toll of until then regular outbreaks of infectious disease.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I've submitted a few suggestions:

Fort Lee to Fort Grant (self-explanatory)
Fort Belvoir to Fort A.A. Humphreys (not only honors a Union general but restores the base's original name so the "mah heritage" types have even less ground than usual)
Fort Benning to Fort Sherman (self-explanatory)
Fort Bragg to Fort Gavin (token non-political :911: patriotism suggestion)
Fort Polk to Fort Howard (Howard's cannons were the ones that sniped Polk)
Fort Pickett to Fort Hancock (Pickett's Charge < Hancock's defense)
Fort Hood to Fort Patton (again, this is me being :911: as hell)
Fort A. P. Hill to Fort Joshua Chamberlain
Fort Rucker to Fort Anderson
Fort Gordon to Fort Thomas
USS Chancellorsville to USS Fort Sumter
USNS Maury to USNS Tanner: Zera Lee Tanner was a pretty cool dude, also his first name is cool

EDIT: Robert Smalls should have a naval facility named after him, preferably in SC. Then again he's already got a ship named after him so it might be a harder sell.

Vincent Van Goatse fucked around with this message at 21:41 on Sep 7, 2021

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Why don’t they just sell the rights like football stadiums

Bring on corporate fascism and Fort JP Morgan

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Comedy option: Keep the name Fort Lee, but change it from honoring Robert E. Lee to his ancestor Richard Henry Lee.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

shame on an IGA posted:

Installation: Ft. Polk, LA

Suggested Name: Ft. Benjamin Butler

Justification:

Malicious compliance with the letter of the rules to produce outcomes in closer accord with the spirit of the rules is the highest and longest-standing tradition of the United Sates Army. Gen. Butler was the unchallenged master of the form.

His order to define enslaved persons as "contraband of war" both operated within the prevailing framework of humans as property while also providing the first concrete action towards general emancipation in American history.

General Butler's provision of basic sanitation services and quarantine of contagiously ill residents in the city of New Orleans is also noteworthy for dramatically reducing the toll of until then regular outbreaks of infectious disease.

I like this, this is good.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

I've submitted a few suggestions:

Fort Lee to Fort Grant (self-explanatory)

I didn't realize it until now, but the traitors ended up winning in the end didn't they.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!

Defenestrategy posted:

I didn't realize it until now, but the traitors ended up winning in the end didn't they.

That's just the ceremonial stuff. Confederates were running local and state governments in the south within a few years of the war being over. And there are books on how within a generation former slaves were just shuttled over to an expanded criminal justice system to provide free labor.

AreWeDrunkYet fucked around with this message at 21:43 on Sep 7, 2021