Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crow Buddy
Oct 30, 2019

Guillotines?!? We don't need no stinking guillotines!

O'toole doesn't strike me as anything other than a milqetoast Conservative, however they certainly have someone in their communication department (and elsewhere I presume) that is 100% a Nazi.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Crow Buddy posted:

O'toole doesn't strike me as anything other than a milqetoast Conservative, however they certainly have someone in their communication department (and elsewhere I presume) that is 100% a Nazi.

they literally hired a communications company that was dropping Nazi dogwhistles in the UK during brexit and then in Australia

it is 100% intentional

ColdBlooded
Jul 15, 2001

Ask me how to run a good team into the ground.
Other than maybe Bernier, the PPC isn't winning a seat. They won't even come close to winning a non-Bernier seat - what the gently caress is wrong with some of you?

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

ColdBlooded posted:

Other than maybe Bernier, the PPC isn't winning a seat. They won't even come close to winning a non-Bernier seat - what the gently caress is wrong with some of you?

it is 2021 and the world is hosed and we are all lonely and sad and our politicians seem absolutely uninterested in actually making life better for any of us

depression, pessimism, whatever, but people thinking the bad thing is gonna happen after years of literally the bad thing happening is not unfounded right now

Postess with the Mostest
Apr 4, 2007

Arabian nights
'neath Arabian moons
A fool off his guard
could fall and fall hard
out there on the dunes

Arivia posted:

it is 2021 and the world is hosed and we are all lonely and sad and our politicians seem absolutely uninterested in actually making life better for any of us

depression, pessimism, whatever, but people thinking the bad thing is gonna happen after years of literally the bad thing happening is not unfounded right now

What're you talking about, TSX has never been higher

Fornax Disaster
Apr 11, 2005

If you need me I'll be in Holodeck Four.

infernal machines posted:

The prize is living in Haldimand-Norfolk, congratulations.

I remember when that was a Liberal riding and even had a cabinet minister in the Martin government. There used to be NDP and Liberal MPPs in that area in the past too.

The conservatives out there were super pissed about Leslyn Lewis being parachuted into the riding by the party leadership. Maybe pissed off enough for them to lose there, though I doubt that.

Lead out in cuffs
Sep 18, 2012

"That's right. We've evolved."

"I can see that. Cool mutations."

Arivia posted:

they literally hired a communications company that was dropping Nazi dogwhistles in the UK during brexit and then in Australia

it is 100% intentional

Do you have a good source to read more on this? It's a bit hard to Google.

RBC
Nov 23, 2007

IM STILL SPENDING MONEY FROM 1888
at some point one of the other party leaders is going to get desperate enough to point out the cons are campaigning on the 14 words

right now im guessing it's something they want to save

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Lead out in cuffs posted:

Do you have a good source to read more on this? It's a bit hard to Google.

Topham Guerin, as noted in this Star article https://www.thestar.com/politics/fe...iteers-win.html

Trapick
Apr 17, 2006

Saw this in the PYF tweets thread:

https://twitter.com/MindyDamnit/status/1434330201979228161?t=0msEtpoj5Ts_xgA8KUBswg&s=19

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

I stumbled ass-backwards into a comfortable, easy life for reasons beyond my comprehension and now I think I'm better than you for it.

RBC posted:

at some point one of the other party leaders is going to get desperate enough to point out the cons are campaigning on the 14 words

I've been thinking the same thing. My big brain has also been telling me that the dogwhistles are going to get bolder and more overt as the campaign continues, because the Conservatives are looking for a reason to make this election about "cancel culture" and "wokeness," and getting called out for racism over counting words will fit the bill nicely.

My big brain is an imperfect muscle, but that's what it's telling me.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Another Bill posted:

I've been thinking the same thing. My big brain has also been telling me that the dogwhistles are going to get bolder and more overt as the campaign continues, because the Conservatives are looking for a reason to make this election about "cancel culture" and "wokeness," and getting called out for racism over counting words will fit the bill nicely.

My big brain is an imperfect muscle, but that's what it's telling me.

Letters to the Editor posted:

I deplore violent protest and stand for prosecuting criminal behaviour. However, I see in this country the slow erosion of debate and the quashing of alternative views by labelling them fringe.

I’m not an anti-vaxxer, an Islamaphobe or a climate change denier. Yet, I’m going to vote Conservative because I object to the quality of leadership and the diminished credibility of this government. I’m a situational voter and while no leader’s platform is perfectly aligned to my hopes for this country, I am hopeful that a change will moderate the “woke” forces that have driven this PM’s agenda.

Messaging works

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane
The 14 words thing is on purpose, not because they're Nazis, but because they're practically begging their opponents to bring it up, and then be able to paint them as a bunch of unreasonable, paranoid lunatics making a big deal about the number of words in a sentence.

I feel like making a large fuss about it in mainstream channels would be playing straight into their hands. The people who would be disturbed by it already know about it, no one else is going to give a poo poo.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Crow Buddy posted:

That's my take too. O'Toole is a soft useless goob who's just a distracting figurehead for all the actually dangerous people who are going to roll into power with him and his doughy Trojan Horse.

Syfe
Jun 12, 2006

The problem is, it is the responsibility of journalism to point it out from the sidelines, though they likely won't. The CPC want another party to do it, to show them as pedants, over-worried with form over function. Just like with the spelling error filled pamphlet that would get a professional designer fired for not noticing. It's obvious ploy tactics.

EDIT: I went through journalism post sec. Got my piece of paper and never entered the field because the whole thing is a shitshow and every bit of my education catered to keeping it that way.

Syfe fucked around with this message at 03:00 on Sep 7, 2021

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

Syfe posted:

The problem is, it is the responsibility of journalism to point it out from the sidelines, though they likely won't. The CPC want another party to do it, to show them as pedants, over-worried with form over function. Just like with the spelling error filled pamphlet that would get a professional designer fired for not noticing. It's obvious ploy tactics.

If only journalists dug deeper and provided both the thing and the reasoning behind it in a well-thought-out package.

Ah well, never the less.

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line

oxygen is stored in the balls

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

JawKnee posted:

oxygen is stored in the balls

gently caress, it's too bad this guy wasn't a Tory or we could be making Erin O2oole jokes.

Fidelitious
Apr 17, 2018

MY BIRTH CRY WILL BE THE SOUND OF EVERY WALLET ON THIS PLANET OPENING IN UNISON.

Raenir Salazar posted:

Got my voting card thingy, all is good to go with voting NDP in a Liberal stronghold. :cool:

Fed NDP has been calling me, I'll chip in like 20$ at some point I think soon, I'm trying to pay off my credit card debt and got serious about it enough to get a loan to lower the interest so I can't spare a whole lot.

I guess it depends on how important it is, but I would prioritize credit card debt over giving any sort of donations. Like, take care of your own poo poo first.

RBC posted:

They will never do that. Normal people are not aware of things like the 14 words, or 14-88 in general. Any politician that brings up the similarities in "Secure the Future" will look like a lunatic conspiracy theorist. It's way too easy to write off as coincidence.
It is not viable (as a candidate) to accuse a party of being nazis unless they're literally calling themselves the nazi party.

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS

apatheticman posted:

If only journalists dug deeper and provided both the thing and the reasoning behind it in a well-thought-out package.

Ah well, never the less.

poo poo, I’m still pissed off that back when the Harper government was claiming a coalition government was illegal under our parliamentary system, the CBC was running segments like “is this illegal? We’re taking your calls now, tell us your opinion” instead of doing their jobs, and telling us if it was legal or not.

ZShakespeare
Jul 20, 2003

War gives the right to the conquerors to impose any condition they please upon the vanquished.
Making wild accusations based on tenuous evidence like that only works when you are accusing leftists of being anti Semitic.

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 22 days!

Fidelitious posted:

I guess it depends on how important it is, but I would prioritize credit card debt over giving any sort of donations. Like, take care of your own poo poo first.

Srsly. I was incredibly relieved when I was finally able to pay off my CC debt this year. Keep going until that poo poo's looked after—it's undoubtedly your worst expense right now.

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Nobody puts Phil in a corner.

I can't breathe into my balls because that's where pee is stored and I don't like carbonated pee.

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Medals only weigh one down.

Slotducks posted:

I can't breathe into my balls because that's where pee is stored and I don't like carbonated pee.

this post screams "thread title" to me

InfiniteZero
Sep 11, 2004

PINK GUITAR FIRE ROBOT

College Slice

She can't believe it? I'd be in disbelief if that post wasn't either a PPC candidate or maybe Jorp.

Also thanks but I'd prefer to not think about my testicles deflating.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Finally, someone provides a coherent medical explanation for the practice of the slav squat.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Canada really is 4 years behind America. The rock thing, while funny, is really loving stupid and brazen. Plus plague cults growing in rural areas is growing like crazy. PPC is bringing out some ugly poo poo. This morning in Manitoba one of their ghouls was screaming on the radio that they were ANTI-TRUDEAU! And wanting Winkler to be a sanctuary city. :lol:

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

CanPol 2021 - Breathe deeply into your balls

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane
Drake meme:

Sanctuary cities for undocumented immigrants

Sanctuary cities for plague rats

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

PT6A posted:

Sanctuary cities for plague rats

It's called Thunder Bay.

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

https://twitter.com/JustinTrudeau/status/1435244109241913351?s=19

Ah,

we can all afford to live under a bridge in a box. Thank you, Justin.

Albino Squirrel
Apr 25, 2003

Miosis more like meiosis

Drunk Canuck posted:

https://twitter.com/JustinTrudeau/status/1435244109241913351?s=19

Ah,

we can all afford to live under a bridge in a box. Thank you, Justin.
Prices are only gonna go up! They aren't making any new bridges!

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

I'll take a free house, give me a free house.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Yes just to clarify, we are definitely actually asking for free houses, please.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

I would not say no to a free house

enki42
Jun 11, 2001
#ATMLIVESMATTER

Put this Nazi-lover on ignore immediately!
i'm not young but put me down for a free house too tia

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

You wouldn't download a house

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

eXXon posted:

Yes just to clarify, we are definitely actually asking for free houses, please.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

I’m still young for another few years at least. Give me the GODDANG house Justin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Nobody puts Phil in a corner.

give me a house - consider it an economic injection - I'll need to spend money at Home Depot and I'll be a better productive employee paying for it so overall I'll pay more taxes so we can bomb aid other countries with my increased tax money