Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Technetium
Oct 26, 2006

TRILOBITE TECHNICIAN
QUITE POSSIBLY GAY

The Nashville Predators are also going to take a goalie while the getting's good and select Thatcher Demko! Welcome Thatcher!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

VOTE1 sent me his list, and from it the Detroit Red Wings select Quinton Byfield

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely
So I see VOTE1's Detroit team gimmick is to draft a roster of players on ELC's

It's a fun gimmick but I strongly encourage people to try and stick to the salary cap rules in the spirit of the draft :P

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

I don't really see a problem with being under the floor when you can always sign A. Player for league max to get above it.

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

Starsfan posted:

It's a fun gimmick but I strongly encourage people to try and stick to the salary cap rules in the spirit of the draft :P

They're plenty of broken busted Robidas island players VOTE1 should draft to get to the floor

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

He could probably even end up getting a pick of the overpaid but still serviceable tweener type players the rest of us won't have room for once we're capped out

All the Tanevs and Goodrows your heart can handle

VOTE1
Aug 23, 2007

Starsfan posted:

1) bunch of ELC contracts have sizeable performance bonuses, Byfield has 2.65 mil in potential bonuses (not sure what the actual targets are). So I might get closer to the floor than you would think.
2) I wonder if Bobrovsky is interested in being a playing goalie coach
3) my bigger problem is going to be in a couple of rounds when half the teams realise they have spent half the cap on 6 players and start raiding the ELC pile, and I’m going to be left with the scraps.

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

YKNOW THERES ONLY ONE DIRECTION I KNOW AND THATS DRIVIN STRAIGHT TO THE NET
A couple teams did it before and filled the rest of their roster with expensive contracts.

Technically you don't have to hit the floor but we all reserve the right to laugh at you and call you a Mike Milbury if you don't.

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

Also:

lazerwolf is on the clock for another six minutes.

Then:

Furnaceface
me
MononcQC
Starsfan
Iodised QQ

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Also the sim is usually pretty brutal to prospects so if someone runs that again we will laugh at you for that too

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

mentholmoose posted:

Also:

lazerwolf is on the clock for another six minutes.

Then:

Furnaceface
me
MononcQC
Starsfan
Iodised QQ

I think that 6 minutes passed and I just got home from work so lets make some magic happen.

For my first trick I will make a great D with a good (but nearly expired) contract vanish from the board of eligible picks

Dmitry Orlov, welcome to Vancouver. You can probably afford a house here. Maybe.

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

Speaking of magic, the Flyers need a winger to play with Draisaitl, and there's nobody better available than multiple time 30 goal scorer, play driving stalwart, and Connecticut native (wait, this last part isn't good is it?) Max Pacioretty.

MononcQC is up now.

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Surprised MP lasted this long.

MononcQc
May 29, 2007

Hi, it's been a while, and the Chicago Blackhawks have for the time being had the time to start gelling; splitting the Phils (Kessel & Danault) from MacKinnon has helped fend off conflict somewhat.

Unfortunately, I'd like to remind the Chicago Blackhawks fans that this year we are doing a Sears run where we hope to introduce as much internal competition as possible. And what is the best way to introduce more competition? A diversity of ideas, which also includes a diversity of political views.

We are super stoked to pick a player who we think best represents the Chicago Blackhawks' bright recent past and sure-to-be glorious future, Welcome Home TONY DeANGELO!

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

ngl I am jealous of the team that MononcQc has been putting together. in reality if you could gather all the miscreants in the league under Nathan MacKinnon's banner, he would unlock their true potential into an unstoppable juggernaut.

I was very embarrassed when I realized that both of the defenseman I have drafted so far play exclusively on the right side. Rather than follow in the example of the real life Dallas Stars and force my young generational talent to play on his off-handed side, I will now select a LHD in Adam Pelech.

Iodised QQ is up

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

There's another top tier D.

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

Yep that was my pick

Gotta get back to my laptop where I have a small list and decide where I want to go, I'll be able to check in there shortly

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

Iodised QQ posted:

Yep that was my pick

Gotta get back to my laptop where I have a small list and decide where I want to go, I'll be able to check in there shortly

lol well now you get 2 chances to snipe my next selection.. although I guess if you are resolved to pick a d-man that changes to 1 chance :)

**I think the best pick of a d-man this round was probably Ryan Ellis, I'm glad that mentholmoose snagged him so I didn't have to grapple with selecting a 3rd RHD in my first 4 picks

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

Part of me was debating trying to create two shut down d pairs led by two of my favorite LD in the league, with Pelech obviously being my top choice as he's from my favorite team and a little better than this guy IMO. I might call an audible and go with a different spot with my next pick now, but I have to get my top pairing D before too long so I'm taking Jaccob Slavin here

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Iodised QQ posted:

Part of me was debating trying to create two shut down d pairs led by two of my favorite LD in the league, with Pelech obviously being my top choice as he's from my favorite team and a little better than this guy IMO. I might call an audible and go with a different spot with my next pick now, but I have to get my top pairing D before too long so I'm taking Jaccob Slavin here
Son of a butt

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

With pick 128, the Coyotes select forward Travis Konecny

Konencny is a sneaky young forward who plays with the slithery aggression that drat near guarantees he's going to be the guy who scores the backbreaking goal against your team. I've seen enough of him and seen him do that enough to know. He's a season removed from a near point per game performance, but more impressively has managed to put up nearly 20 ESG the 3 previous seasons, no small feat. He will prove a good offensive piece and his affordable contract make him a nice piece of the forward core for years to come.

With pick 129, the Coyotes select defenseman Ivan Provorov

Provorov has struggled the last few seasons, largely because he went from playing with Matt Niskanen to the corpse of Justin Braun. With a talented defensive partner like Ekblad, we have no doubt he can form a solid counterpart as a top pairing defenseman. He's not without his drawbacks but you all are eating up the minute-munching two-way defensemen so this is the way it has to be I guess.

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

Hey man blame Starsfan! Pelech was my boy, that one hurt me quite a bit

Was really really debating a second d here but I've decided on a new route now. Florida is gonna take Sam Reinhart

Connor-McDavid-
- Backstrom-
- Reinhart-

Slavin-

I have a few ideas for that top line RW that would top off the Connor-McDavid line with a fairly humorous capper but none of the players deserve to be taken any time soon, so why not add a 25 year old who scored at a solid rate even while playing on Buffalo

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

Dallas Stars select LW Pavel Buchnevich

Buchnevich was not the best forward overall on my list, but my team needs some scoring and Buchnevich probably has as good a chance as any remaining forward to be a big contributor on the scoresheet, the contract also seems decent to me.

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Yeah I almost took him last round and am kind of regretting it. He is extremely good at everything and the Rangers are morons for trading him.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

I dont know how MononcQc is going to maintain that gimmick for a whole draft. Seems like you might run out of poo poo disturbers by round 10-11 since some of them are good enough to be picked by other people for their actual hockey skills. :v:

MononcQc
May 29, 2007

The Chicago Blackhawks have been made aware that Tony DeAngelo's views might be risky when it comes to issues such as Covid-19, vaccination, or more general health concerns. This, once again, has the upside of generating a lot of action in our still pretty empty dressing room.

We had to dig deep to figure out how to counteract the strong independent spirit of DeAngelo. As we furrowed our brows pondering our lineups, one of our scouts saw their own reflections on the glass table, and the crease in their forehead reminded them that our own crease is still empty.

We found out that goaltender MACKENZIE BLACKWOOD's mother, Rhonda Crocker-Ellacott, is the President and CEO of the Thunder Bay Regional Health Sciences Centre. We hereby build our team on the assumption that if need arises, he can bring facts, if not his mother herself, to the locker room to set things right. In the worst cases, we hope to save on cost for hospitalization by bringing teammates to free ICU beds. This should be sufficient to balance out our recent acquisition of Tony DeAngelo.

Welcome to the Chicago Blackhawks, Mackenzie Blackwood! May your stability in net open up new doors for our lineup!

MononcQc fucked around with this message at 03:25 on Sep 8, 2021

MononcQc
May 29, 2007

I have better plans for other players, but I needed at least a non-jokey backup goaltender, for which I have a few options. That being said, Blackwood mom’s story is verified by Wikipedia so at least it works!

MononcQc fucked around with this message at 03:42 on Sep 8, 2021

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

Alright, I'm going to finish off the Flyers top line with a solid winger, who already plays for the Flyers: Joel Farabee.

Pacioretty-Draisaitl-Farabee

Chabot

Saros

Furnaceface is up next, until 12 noon tomorrow.

lazerwolf
Dec 22, 2009

Orange and Black
Avs select JT Miller

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

I work all day tomorrow and will likely not get any breaks in between listening to people bitch about their medications and whining about the vaccine to make a pick, so before bed it is.

Vancouver needs a guy that can do things other than score goals or get the puck to a guy that can score goals. But just one guy. No more, no less. That guy is Erik Cernak, defensive workhorse for those cheating Bolts.

Oh but I lied he can also score goals :yayclod:

e:
Ovechkin - Giroux - Boeser

Orlov -
- Cernak

Early rush on goalies is going to make this team hilarious by the time I get around to drafting one. :v:

Furnaceface fucked around with this message at 05:44 on Sep 8, 2021

VOTE1
Aug 23, 2007

Detroit are pleased to be able to pick Martin Necas to fill out our top forward line.

Picked up 41 points in 53 points, so could well get to a ppg. Hockey reference list him as a centre but he’s played on the wing for Carolina I believe, so maybe he gets shifted to the centre on this team.

Jason Robertson - Quinton Byfield - Martin Necas

Adam Fox

Spencer Knight

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

lazerwolf has another skipped pick to make.

Technetium is up now until noon Eastern.

Then:

Duckman2008
Yaya
Arabian Jesus
me
glynnenstein
Drunk Canuck

lazerwolf
Dec 22, 2009

Orange and Black
Ah sorry! Avs select the bird man Evgeni Kuznetsov

Technetium
Oct 26, 2006

TRILOBITE TECHNICIAN
QUITE POSSIBLY GAY

The Nashville Predators are also going to select a defenseman before they're gone and select Brett Pesce! Welcome Brett!

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer
The Carolina bunch of jerks select:

https://youtu.be/LbZFS28IU9o

https://youtu.be/agDjIXQCBrc

Nazim Kadri

Wilson —- Kadri —— Marchand
E Kane

Binnington

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks
This guy scores a bunch of goals, but also sometimes he never scores goals. Kinda weird, he should probably figure that out. Also stop playing Fortnite, there are so many better options out there.

It's Patrik Laine! Wow!

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

Yaya posted:

This guy scores a bunch of goals, but also sometimes he never scores goals. Kinda weird, he should probably figure that out. Also stop playing Fortnite, there are so many better options out there.

It's Patrik Laine! Wow!

gently caress

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
I definitely had my eye on him

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

Arabian Jesus has a few minutes left but will get skipped at 2:36 ET, and then mentholmoose is up. After that:

glynnenstein
Drunk Canuck
FBS
eXXon
Kuule hain nussivan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arabian Jesus
Feb 15, 2008

We've got the American Jesus
Bolstering national faith

We've got the American Jesus