Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
if you're attending any kind of con situation under these circumstances you're a hosed up idiot with a dog brain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hirsute
May 4, 2007

this is just basic triage, not anything covid-specific

Ansar Santa
Jul 12, 2012

If people are still talking about good lockdown games, I would like to recommend Cruelty Squad.

- You lost your job at the SEC Death Unit and now work for a Gig economy corporate death squad

- Due to body reconstruction technology, life has no value. Human organs are sold on the stock market. You gun people down and sell their organs

- Reality referred to multiple times as a "death grid" or "death matrix". Eg: item description for item "life sensing goggles" is as follows:

quote:

Often said to be able to sense the life energy of any living being, the mechanism is actually the opposite. Allows you to see holes in the background death matrix."

- swing around like spiderman with an extended intestine that comes out of your arm called the "grappendix"

- assassinate CEOs of startups for blowing all their seed money on funko-pops

- kill everyone at a Davos-equivalent

quote:

It's that time again. The elites from all over the world gather at the Rothenburg Fortress and wear their stupid rubber suits and masks. Don't you think it would be really funny if you went there and killed them all? Just hosed them up completely. Imagine their faces behind those masks if you gored their high priest right in front of them. Oh my god. You should really do it don't you think? I mean why not. It would really make your day. They're automatons. They have no souls. Think about it.

It's not related to covid like death stranding or pathologic, but it's just about the c-spammiest poo poo you can get

Bar Crow
Oct 10, 2012
Tell the Applebee’s waitress that you just came from your child’s funeral and you’ll get a free appetizer. So it’s not all bad.

Welcome back

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Atrocious Joe posted:

Idk, I think harassing individual people just makes me sound crazy. Why would they think I'm right when literally the whole media and political apparatus is saying they are safe?

yeah it sucks

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia
World giving me real Masque of the Red Death vibes.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

I'm trying to imagine how much the average response would be if COVID had a gross physical component. I feel like a few face puss lesions per person would absolutely lead to lockdowns.

absolutely

americans are that vain too

otoh, it was warned that as a vascular disease, that men's dicks wouldn't function with long covid or whatever complications from not enough o2, and they're still open bidening away so

Homocow
Apr 24, 2007

Extremely bad poster!
DO NOT QUOTE!

Pillbug
have any of these ghouls saying we should just learn to live with the virus considered that our already-lovely healthcare system might not be able to handle the burden?

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Homocow posted:

have any of these ghouls saying we should just learn to live with the virus considered that our already-lovely healthcare system might not be able to handle the burden?

they don't care

Bar Crow
Oct 10, 2012
Americans don’t care about sex anymore. They have a wire in their brain that makes them orgasm when America kills someone.

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa

Lastgirl posted:

absolutely

americans are that vain too

otoh, it was warned that as a vascular disease, that men's dicks wouldn't function with long covid or whatever complications from not enough o2, and they're still open bidening away so

I think part of the problem is still that even many well-meaning people who are otherwise saying and doing the right things are focusing primarily on mortality rates and on hospital failure. Most people I speak to are shocked to learn how prevalent Long COVID is or that brain damage is a not uncommon side-effect. Because the discourse and narrative has been overwhelmingly focused on death.

Iverron
May 13, 2012

Bone Crimes posted:

Seattle School Dashboard. https://www.seattleschools.org/resources/covid-19-dashboard/
Hoping these rates stay low. :sigh:

went back last week? our numbers exploded in week 2 and have not updated since last Thursday so I imagine that week 3 will be pretty bad too

bad boys for life
Jun 6, 2003

by sebmojo

Homocow posted:

the rich ones will goto the hospital wings named after them, the dumb ghouls will die off

50% win

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
beginning to think either the people who run things don't have the ability to think in the long term or else they may not have my best interests in mind!!! hmmmmmmm

bowser
Apr 7, 2007

I'm trying to imagine how much the average response would be if COVID had a gross physical component. I feel like a few face puss lesions per person would absolutely lead to lockdowns.

"The CDC does not currently recommend covering oozing COVID boils up with bandages"

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

you losers should pull urselves up by ur bootsraps instead of complaining as usual, and then u could have a regeneron autoinjector installed. i guess you don't really want it :sad:

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

the lesson here is definitely that we should have done nothing, and that we should do nothing.

Floor is lava
May 14, 2007

Fallen Rib

fosborb posted:

dashbaord

jfc they didn't do a single thing right with that did they

Bruce Hussein Daddy
Dec 26, 2005

I testify that there is none worthy of worship except God and I testify that Muhammad is the Messenger of God
Today

Yesterday

Some places better, some worse. Land of contrasts, etc.

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

whole lotta people in the store without masks today, hoo boy

shouts out to the unmasked guy wearing a "Elect a clown, get a circus" shirt

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa

To be fair, part of the huge problem with COVID is that its symptoms are either N/A in the case of asymptomatic spread, or - in early cases - easily mistaken for far more benign illnesses and conditions. As psychotic and sociopathic as this pandemic has revealed most people to be, the simple fact is that it would probably spread less if sick people were more overtly seriously ill since even if they still behaved badly, other people would avoid them or turn them away.

People are much more likely to avoid a person who has oozing sores or gross tumors or to tell them to get out of their store or stay home until they are feeling better, than they are to do the same to someone who is just coughing a little or seems completely healthy.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Jon Irenicus posted:

whole lotta people in the store without masks today, hoo boy

shouts out to the unmasked guy wearing a "Elect a clown, get a circus" shirt

We need the circus to placate the masses.

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

the expensive yogurt was on sale tho so we've got that going for us

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

uber_stoat posted:

beginning to think either the people who run things don't have the ability to think in the long term or else they may not have my best interests in mind!!! hmmmmmmm

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jIYoyvW3J9Q

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
for any of you that may have missed it a significant portion of Idaho is now in crisis care mode and has established triage procedures

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Bruce Hussein Daddy posted:

Today

Yesterday

looks like mostly improvements in the more lib states

Golli
Jan 5, 2013

Trump provided the bread
Biden brings the circus

Peter Daou Zen
Apr 6, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Those CLOWNS in Congress

Haha, what a bunch of CLOWNS

poll plane variant
Jan 12, 2021

by sebmojo

Schnorkles posted:

for any of you that may have missed it a significant portion of Idaho is now in crisis care mode and has established triage procedures

Doesn't this just mean turning away more people with legit complaints to admit even more fuckin unvaxxed

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Peter Daou Zen posted:

Those CLOWNS in Congress

Haha, what a bunch of CLOWNS

make u think

Teabag Dome Scandal
Mar 19, 2002

So we still don't have any data on people getting long covid from asymptomatic or low symptom breakthrough infections, correct?

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Schnorkles posted:

for what :confused: are some schools refusing to open, causing massive child suicides because they miss in person learning so much??? should we open biden harder??? wha t do we do

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Schnorkles posted:

lol. lmao

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

So are they really gonna go through with gatekeeping boosters lol

GIRL BRAINS
Sep 5, 2011

The gods are small birds
Inshallah American will be destroyed as it was born, in the midst of a great plague

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

https://twitter.com/colbertlateshow/status/1435311140867805194

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

uber_stoat posted:

make u think

I would respect Congress a lot more if Cruz got a bucket of paint dumped down his pants every day.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Bruce Hussein Daddy posted:

Today

Yesterday

Philadelphia is the best city in the United States of America

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia

Schnorkles posted:

Hey! Idaho or youdaho!?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Seattle Karate Vs. L.A. Karate
as the great Jeff Lynne put it

One day, you're a hero
Next day, you're a clown
There's nothing that is in-between
Now you're a 21st century man