Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
You don't even want to ask about the fascists

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wrong Theory
Aug 27, 2005

Satellite from days of old, lead me to your access code
I would rename bases after Mortal Kombat characters. Fort Drum would be Fort Sub-Zero. Fort Benning could be Fort Johnny Cage because you should be hit in the balls for going to basic there.

So I am working on my plague doctor costume for Halloween and now I am wondering how I could score some empty boxes of Ivermectin without having to buy them. Of course if I found some I could probably flip it and make a profit... Maybe these guys (plague doctors) are on to something...

MRC48B
Apr 2, 2012

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Fort Hood to Fort Patton (again, this is me being :911: as hell)

gently caress Patton, if you want a Cav general name it after John Buford, who laid the initial groundwork for Meade at Gettysburg.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

MRC48B posted:

gently caress Patton, if you want a Cav general name it after John Buford, who laid the initial groundwork for Meade at Gettysburg.

I knew I was forgetting someone. Shame on me.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
How many bases are named after the confederate army as opposed to the Union?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

boop the snoot posted:

How many bases are named after the confederate army as opposed to the Union?

Too many.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I want a Fort Sherman so badly.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

Defenestrategy posted:

I didn't realize it until now, but the traitors ended up winning in the end didn't they.

When people say pulling down statues "erases history," here is the history they are trying to keep alive and happy:

In 1874 an all-white paramilitary force kicked out the elected Governor of Louisiana. They defeated local militia and cops (led by Longstreet of all people), successfully occupying the government buildings. They did not withdraw until President Grant sent federal troops to the city, led by a French immigrant who had become a naturalized US citizen. Zero insurgents were tried for this insurrection. Feds occupied the area for a couple years.

In 1891, the City of New Orleans, at this point controlled by allies of the White League and white supremacists, formally erected the Battle of Liberty Place Monument (aka Battle of Canal Street) to commemorate the uprising.

In 1932, the city decided to be less subtle about it and added this inscription:

"McEnery and Penn having been elected governor and lieutenant-governor by the white people, were duly installed by this overthrow of carpetbag government, ousting the usurpers, Governor Kellogg (white) and Lieutenant-Governor Antoine (colored). United States troops took over the state government and reinstated the usurpers but the national election of November 1876 recognized white supremacy in the South and gave us our state."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Liberty_Place_Monument

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
Fort Bort.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

:hmmyes:

Seriously Fort Malcom X or Fort MLK. poo poo the reactions of rednecks being told they’re going to Fort Malcom X would be hilarious.

Though I know forts are generally not named after civilian or political leaders, if I’m not mistaken.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

boop the snoot posted:

Why don’t they just sell the rights like football stadiums

Bring on corporate fascism and Fort JP Morgan

Fund the defense budget by holding a raffle to get the chance to drive a SVBIED onto Fort Comcast.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

Defenestrategy posted:

I didn't realize it until now, but the traitors ended up winning in the end didn't they.

Instead of hanging literally every southern officer, land owner and politician we just said "we cool?" and let them have it all back

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Rename all the bases after the Union generals who defeated them. Bragg was a shitheel that sucked and nobody liked (not even the confederates)

Miloshe
Oct 25, 2009

The little chicken girl wants me to ease up!
He can't handle!
He cries like woman!

Wrong Theory posted:

So I am working on my plague doctor costume for Halloween and now I am wondering how I could score some empty boxes of Ivermectin without having to buy them. Of course if I found some I could probably flip it and make a profit... Maybe these guys (plague doctors) are on to something...

Go buy some toothpaste (it's not like it will go bad) and print new labels for the boxes. Source images will be easy to find and you can create your own "drug fact sheet" for the back. Just be careful how you adhere it if you use lovely ink or paper.

I'll throw Smedley Butler's name in the ring for base renaming.

And Warrant Officer Hugh Thompson Jr. to replace Fort Rucker where he was assigned after My Lai. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hugh_Thompson_Jr.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Fort Fought

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Beep boop so simple

https://twitter.com/KXAN_News/status/1435294934555189258

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

I feel like this really means Texas is just going to eliminate rape as a prosecutable crime.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Midjack posted:

I feel like this really means Texas is just going to eliminate rape as a prosecutable crime.

Texas is one special session away from having a loving Purge during State Fair week.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Midjack posted:

You mean unplanned impregnation? If the female body wasn’t ready to have children then they wouldn’t get impregnanted.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Ok that was painful to type up. gently caress Texas. Not literally please.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
GOD'S WILL

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Texas GOP will make Rape a capital offense, thereby preventing all future rapes, paving the way to make aborting a pregnancy the other new capital offense that will prevent all the abortions that the lack of rape will surely cause.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

Texas GOP will make Rape a capital offense, thereby preventing all future rapes, paving the way to make aborting a pregnancy the other new capital offense that will prevent all the abortions that the lack of rape will surely cause.

If you make it a crime then only the criminals will rape people.

I need a bath after typing that ugh

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

It's rape for soyboys, non consential sex for real men

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Miloshe posted:

Go buy some toothpaste (it's not like it will go bad) and print new labels for the boxes. Source images will be easy to find and you can create your own "drug fact sheet" for the back. Just be careful how you adhere it if you use lovely ink or paper.

I'll throw Smedley Butler's name in the ring for base renaming.

And Warrant Officer Hugh Thompson Jr. to replace Fort Rucker where he was assigned after My Lai. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hugh_Thompson_Jr.

Honeslty Butler makes way more sense for a domestic Camp than a foreign one. How are the marines about naming places after traitors?

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Yeah, I bet the guy known for saying War is a Racket would absolutely love to have a base named after him

Some of y'all are dumb as hell with these suggestions

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

So he's saying they could have ended it already but just didn't want to before?

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

UP THE BUM NO BABY posted:

Yeah, I bet the guy known for saying War is a Racket would absolutely love to have a base named after him

Some of y'all are dumb as hell with these suggestions

He did thwart a domestic coup so :shrug:

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Milo and POTUS posted:

He did thwart a domestic coup so :shrug:

And? He was pretty adamant about his views of the proto-MIC

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
How can we honor the legacy of the guy that said, "To hell with war" and said we should limit our military to strictly defense of the homeland while removing all profits from making war? Oh, I know, we can rename one of our massive bases that we use to stage our imperial military before sending them overseas to make shitloads of money for the defense industry

loving idiots

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Livestream of the Texas statehouse: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ez6wfJWVCeI

(it's costume day)

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

The DLA Smedley Butler Headquarters Complex

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

How can we honor the legacy of the guy that said, "To hell with war" and said we should limit our military to strictly defense of the homeland while removing all profits from making war? Oh, I know, we can rename one of our massive bases that we use to stage our imperial military before sending them overseas to make shitloads of money for the defense industry

loving idiots

I’ll eat a probe for this but why are you such a miserable person? Even when you’re right it’s just dripping with insufferable misery.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof
Los Angeles AFB -> Dorner AFB

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

boop the snoot posted:

I’ll eat a probe for this but why are you such a miserable person? Even when you’re right it’s just dripping with insufferable misery.

Slow day on ACAB Twitter I guess

Fort Comcast will not stand for these insults

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

loving idiots

Yeah, I agree with your sentiment, maybe not your delivery, but it is a valid point. I doubt Smedley would want a base named after him.

I'm all about Benning>Sherman, and I would love if Bragg was made Ft Robert Smalls, but I don't have enough recommendations to cover all the traitor bases due to never giving a gently caress about any General.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

loving idiots

It would make more sense than having one on foreign soil is all I'm saying

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

Crab Dad posted:

You mean unplanned impregnation? If the female body wasn’t ready to have children then they wouldn’t get impregnanted.

If it's a legitimate rape, the female body has ways to try to shut that whole thing down. :shucks:

Wrong Theory
Aug 27, 2005

Satellite from days of old, lead me to your access code
Fine call it Fort John Smedley. But get rid of the billets, you gotta camp everwhere... If you know you know. :ninja:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

boop the snoot posted:

Turn ur monitor on