Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014

Pepperoneedy posted:

My wife and I are supposed to fly to a wedding (with a huge bar crawl) the first weekend of October

There has been no amount of pleading or begging or showing covid outcomes that will change her mind about our going to this

:rip: me

Just pretend you're sick on the day of and can't go

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blockade
Oct 22, 2008

https://twitter.com/jeek/status/1434693778246340610

https://twitter.com/CBSNews/status/1433983153887223809

Oh dang, so they are doing a purge right

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

durrneez posted:

Yeah, you want the filter to go from larger pores to smaller pores along the flow of air.

Air direction—->— pre-filter(s) with bigger pores—-> ——HEPA (smallest pores) —->

Lol. I have one of those devices that clearly is meant to run the other way around. Or they attached the handles wrong. Guess it wouldn't really matter that much. Just reduce flow after some time.

Slider
Jun 6, 2004

Dr_0ctag0n posted:

Lmao check out the website at the bottom of the meme. 👀

lol

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

Lastgirl posted:

even with a respirator or a mask, do you find yourself holding your breath when you see someone come within 3 meters of you?

no fear in the respirator

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

I uncritically and unflinchingly believe these numbers and also that covid is over. open biden

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 369 days!
wow good news
https://twitter.com/Jim_Jordan/status/1435310455757713415?s=19

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

A thread with some good sociological points, that Nate loving S has to respond to lol.

https://twitter.com/lymanstoneky/status/1435337097557250050?s=20

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

covid is not done with real america

Bruce Hussein Daddy
Dec 26, 2005

I testify that there is none worthy of worship except God and I testify that Muhammad is the Messenger of God

Louisgod posted:

having a hard time reconciling how I'd explain what the sentence "how does mu stack up against delta?" to my past self

There are lots of these. *A mysterious figure approaches in the parking lot after a casual dinner with your SO. *He explains the future to you. "HAHAHA check out what this nut in the parking lot said".

Isizzlehorn
Feb 25, 2010

:lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick:

Lol

Lmao

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

I am a Real American
Fight for the horse Ivermectin
I am a Real American
Fight for Alt Right
Give up my life

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

Cool then call back the fed morgue truck rentals

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

Pepperoneedy posted:

My wife and I are supposed to fly to a wedding (with a huge bar crawl) the first weekend of October

There has been no amount of pleading or begging or showing covid outcomes that will change her mind about our going to this

:rip: me

:sever:

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

its just when they report deaths now, and its an entirely different cadence than how they report cases. hosed up but true

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

cr0y posted:

Cool then call back the fed morgue truck rentals

those are for deaths which will happen in the future, and by happen in the future i mean be snuck into the number in 3 weeks on a sunday as a 'backlog' . which means they do not count and do not matter

razorscooter
Nov 5, 2008

keeping the peak of web design alive, tricking people into making lemon tea instead of taking random pills

~*~angels come in many forms~*~

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

fosborb posted:

its just when they report deaths now, and its an entirely different cadence than how they report cases. hosed up but true

I know they've been actively back dating deaths but at least before there would be a little pretend at least. Like oh 10 deaths or something to at least provide some cover. It's so blatant lol.

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster
labor day was a covid miracle!

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Reports are always slow in the weekends, wait for the coroners to start filling reports again.

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

if every day was a holiday…

number would eventually be zero

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

The Oldest Man posted:

Broke: America can't sustain a 9/11 per week in covid deaths, people won't stand for this
Woke: America can indefinitely sustain a 9/11 per week in covid deaths, the elite don't care
Bespoke: A 9/11 per week in covid deaths will devalue human life in general, making other genocidal American policies far easier to justify, the elite are absolutely in favor of this

goth smoking cloves
Feb 28, 2011

Nah guys, pretty sure covid is over for real this time.

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

This plague sucks. I was promised dancing manias

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

Schnorkles posted:

oh, also one of my favorite covid things is apparently serious anti-vaxx, hard right types have started posting c*vid or c vid or similar because apparently saying the viruses name gives the thought police power

it's like candyman, you say it three times in the dark at a mirror and you'll lose your sense of taste

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014
lol does Ivermectin really sterilize 85% of men

Preferable to a vasectomy tbh, I gotta get on that!

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

open biden!

https://twitter.com/davenewworld_2/status/1435200650804146177

nomad2020
Jan 30, 2007

razorscooter posted:

https://twitter.com/debdrens/status/1435235551377043463

at least they're not actually abusing anti-malarials/fish tank additives by doing this

They've discovered great grandad's cough syrup recipe, but forgot the whiskey.

E: Beaten like a so on and such

Don't knock it, great grandad lived to his 90's.

nomad2020 fucked around with this message at 22:20 on Sep 7, 2021

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

shackleford posted:

CDC/FDA leadership won't want to go back on their july statement that "Americans who have been fully vaccinated do not need a booster shot at this time" when they were lashing out at pfizer and moderna for talking about boosters in public. a 4-6 month interval would imply that pfizer and moderna were right back then and they (CDC/FDA) were wrong.

https://www.cdc.gov/media/releases/2021/s-07082021.html

if they were to set a 4-6 month interval they would have people with 2 doses >4 months prior freaking out about being "late" for their booster

they are probably also looking at the winter 2020 spike in cases (which started taking off in mid-september 2020) and want to engineer the rollout so that the peak in antibody titers (which may drop off a few months later) overlaps with the winter/holiday season when transmission is going to be maximized.

i'm also looking forward to pharmacists being told via CDC guidance to accept self-attestations from third dose seekers about it being 8 months since their second dose + the brand (in case they don't present a CDC wallet card) and the power tripping pharmacists being confused about the meaning of "self-attest"

i now have two identities, each one getting boosters every 8 months, so i can get my boosters on the correct 4 month schedule

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED
Lol Washington state got rid of its dashboard mission accomplished

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

Schnorkles posted:

my wife was not enjoying hot fuzz at all until the greater good scene and then completely 180'd and decided it was amazing.

I need to rewatch that movie. It seemed so absurd (but amazing) at the time and I would guess it has gotten even better with age. A suburban populace their kids for the greater good is complexly believable now.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Release the sucknfuck boosters

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

razorscooter posted:

https://twitter.com/debdrens/status/1435235551377043463

at least they're not actually abusing anti-malarials/fish tank additives by doing this

Well. Does it work?

Goobish
May 31, 2011

I missed the conversation on plague hobbies awhile back, but does anyone have a good book suggestion for herbalism in the US? Besides just weed lol

Lacrosse
Jun 16, 2010

>:V

Whoa hey my second does of Pfizer is due this Wednesday. Time flies when you have max titers.

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

Rah! posted:

i would rather my kids get kinda awkward and gain an encyclopedic knowledge of pokemans, over the course of a year or two, rather than roll the dice every day by sending them to the plague mines

somebody help i need a therapist what have i become

severe behavioral issues jumped from like 17% to 56% for 7-10 year old and got worse for the ones that already had issues.

if you got lucky and yours don’t fall there good. not everybody got lucky and it’s a real tangible problem. mere hand waving doesn’t make it not a serious problem.

if we had done something about it collectively it would be different. honestly nothing would have been much much better than remote but here we are.

and if I lived in a no mask chud state... that would be a different risk assessment and we would have likely pulled out already. the rich have all pulled out btw. small classes in private schools or tutors for them.

mdemone posted:

I'm a high school teacher and I swear to god if I hear the "remote learning made my kids stupid" one more time I am gonna fly straight the gently caress up into the air and explode

edit: your kids were already stupid, we don't do poo poo for them beyond basic caretaking, they're not any worse off than they would be if we hadn't even had the school year at all, go gently caress yourselves

high schools ain’t early elementary. and it’s not about about stupid, it’s about them becoming literally violent and extremely angry. I mean I don’t think high schools or middle schools should be back. but elementary particularly k-2 is a different beast.

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

If someone did this to me in a supermarket I'm knocking them the gently caress out.

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass

labor day yesterday, pretty much everything was closed including testing sites

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lacrosse
Jun 16, 2010

>:V

Goobish posted:

I missed the conversation on plague hobbies awhile back, but does anyone have a good book suggestion for herbalism in the US? Besides just weed lol

Medicinal plants of the Pacific West
https://www.powells.com/book/medicinal-plants-of-the-pacific-west-9781878610317

Can I interest you in a bleeding heart tincture in these trying times?