Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

I thought episode 1 was light on humor but episode 2 was pretty funny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Yeah, episode 2 was much funnier.

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS
I don’t know, I laughed quite a bit. I thought these two episodes were pretty funny. The second episode really shined with the bits with Meg and them pairing up Nandor and Nadia.
And it was fun to see Kayvan Novak really get to show off. And his delivery on “loving guy!” was a pitch-perfect capstone to a great individual performance.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

DogsInSpace! posted:

As much as I'm the one guy not sick of Matt Berry

People are sick of Matt Berry? Is that even possible?

Nestorix
Aug 3, 2006

exotic particles

Jerusalem posted:

Yeah this does not make sense to me

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Nestorix posted:

Yeah this does not make sense to me

I'm glad I'm not the only one shocked by that statement

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Hot take: I like Matt Berry but I don't like his albums very much (save Kill the Wolf)

His singing voice is wonderful but it also feels like a parody? Which takes me out of it.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
I hate Matt Berry.... because he hasn't made another season of Toast of London! :argh:

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

I hate Matt Berry.... because he hasn't made another season of Toast of London! :argh:

They're like filming one now with the premise that Toast has moved to America.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
I knew one was mentioned, didn't know it was in active production so hurray, I officially do not Hate Matt Berry :argh:

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Cross-Section posted:

Hot take: I like Matt Berry but I don't like his albums very much (save Kill the Wolf)

His singing voice is wonderful but it also feels like a parody? Which takes me out of it.

He's just not a very good songwriter.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Jerusalem posted:

If you live in the UK, he does a lot of advert voiceovers. You hear him incredibly often. The endless voiceover bits of Toast are absolutely informed by his work.

TheOmegaWalrus
Feb 3, 2007

by Hand Knit

The_Doctor posted:

If you live in the UK, he does a lot of advert voiceovers. You hear him incredibly often. The endless voiceover bits of Toast are absolutely informed by his work.

Yes!

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

One more time.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I wonder if the cloak stuff came from Kayvan messing about on set and doing impressions of the other cast members.

It reminded me of going to a Red Dwarf panel, but Craig Charles and Danny John-Jules weren’t there so Chris Barrie answered as them, and it was amazing.

Octy
Apr 1, 2010

I enjoyed it and think it's nice to have a comedy in my TV line-up again. I realised a few weeks ago that nearly everything I've streamed in the last year is some variation of dystopian horror or sci-fi, which I love but also kind of get to me after a while...

Chubby Henparty
Aug 13, 2007

Arglebargle III posted:

He's just not a very good songwriter.

I really like his music for insomniacs ambienty album, but aside from the snuff box songs nothing else he's done really does anything for me. Like good on him for releasing a novelty album of 70s sitcom themes, but he did nothing interesting with them, and his own stuff often sounds like b-sides from that era.

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

I will never get sick of Nandor saying "loving guy!"

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

EL BROMANCE posted:

It reminded me of going to a Red Dwarf panel, but Craig Charles and Danny John-Jules weren’t there so Chris Barrie answered as them, and it was amazing.

He read the audiobook versions of the Red Dwarf novels and does the voices in those as well.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

The_Doctor posted:

One more time.
Lazlo, this is Clem Fandango. Can you hear me?

Also loved Lazlo as Nandor trying to woo Meg with his version of "Peg."

Chris Knight fucked around with this message at 03:17 on Sep 8, 2021

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Tiggum posted:

He read the audiobook versions of the Red Dwarf novels and does the voices in those as well.

Ah yes! I always meant to listen to them, I read the books but that sounds like it would be a ton of fun.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Shitenshi posted:

Though I'm starting to think the Kristen Schaal vampire is the secret shadow ruler of the org and she's got some nefarious plan laid out for them.

She’s the only vampire Gizmo has tried to kill and failed. Not only that but he tried several times in the scene and she was completely unphased by it.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Hughlander posted:

She’s the only vampire Gizmo has tried to kill and failed. Not only that but he tried several times in the scene and she was completely unphased by it.

She's served every other vampire counsel for generations, you don't live that long and see that much poo poo go down without learning how to catch a stake thrown at you by some plucky young vampire hunter.

She's probably one of the most powerful vampires we've seen on the show.

Although I don't think she's a shadow ruler, the vibes I got from her are more that she's like Lazlo and the reason she's not ruling is because she's not interested in that. She's The Guide, she enjoys her job and she's good at her job and that's what she wants to spend the rest of her unlife doing for eternity.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Cornelius Don’s Adventures in the Boner Brigade

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Holy poo poo they've got a goddamn Munster Koach now. :buddy:

They clearly got a much bigger FX budget this season and are going nuts with it

Edit: don't forget the after show, hosted by Gizmo
https://twitter.com/theshadowsfx/status/1436156581587136517

Snowglobe of Doom fucked around with this message at 10:04 on Sep 10, 2021

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

drat, Gail is out there just living her best life. Good for her.

Lazlo and Collin Robinson being friends and just hanging out was great.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Holy poo poo I was trying to figure out where I knew Gail from.... it's Aida Turturro!?! :aaa:

Also, I am very relieved to learn that Colin Robinson is always down to clown.

Loomer
Dec 19, 2007

A Very Special Hell
The line 'that sounds right' about Henry Ford was just perfectly delivered.

CommanderApaul
Aug 30, 2003

It's amazing their hands can support such awesome.
So Gail is now a hybrid Werevampire. That should turn out well later.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
I love the little detail of Gail wearing a 92 Dream Team jersey.

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

Henchman of Santa posted:

I love the little detail of Gail wearing a 92 Dream Team jersey.

I didn't notice that - that's great! I also didn't notice the actor playing Gail, but neither did my wife, so that's more a testament to Turturro than it is another tragic case of Goon Face Blindness

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
She also looks like she lost a bunch of weight between the Sopranos and now.

Terra-da-loo!
Apr 6, 2008

Sufficiently kickass.
Caught up with season 3 last night. Yeah, the first episode was a little lacking, but it picked up a lot for the next three episodes.

Also, since it was discussed up-page, thought I'd say that I, too, am excited for the upcoming Toast of London season/series

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Derrick Beckles as Anton seems like "friend of someone on the show" casting since he doesn't do a lot of acting.

Also it was mentioned last week but it does look like Matt Berry lost a bunch of weight between seasons.

FuriousGeorge
Jan 23, 2006

Ah, the simple joys of a monkey knife-fight.
Grimey Drawer
Robert Seger

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Jalopy is one of those words that's perfect for Matt Berry to say.

Big Mouth Billy Basshole
Jun 18, 2007

Fun Shoe

kdrudy posted:

Jalopy is one of those words that's perfect for Matt Berry to say.

Berry's delivery of Whack Off this episode slayed me.

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

Problems look mighty small from 150 miles up.

"When you buy German, you're just supporting the Nazi Party..."

Show needs more Kirsten Schaal losing her vampiric poo poo over the gang.

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
lmao i thought i recognized derrick beckles as gail's werewolf beau, antoine

yall might know him from the adult swim series totally 4 teens, mostly 4 millenials, or i'd imagine his biggest claim to fame is as the creator of tv carnage

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1CG7x1tI57A

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HOsLmkYKEAE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus
Lazlo pinning Colin Robinson to the wall then saying "did I get you?" loving killed me.