Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

Perry Mason Jar posted:

Sure magic's not real but if you're cold and I offer you Ted Bundy's jacket, that he murdered women in, all of a sudden the jacket is a problem!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OutOfPrint
Apr 9, 2009

Fun Shoe

Perry Mason Jar posted:

Sure magic's not real but if you're cold and I offer you Ted Bundy's jacket, that he murdered women in, all of a sudden the jacket is a problem!

Yeah, you silly bastard, you didn't wash it first and it's still covered in gore and semen!

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
I was being very sarcastic, I believe in magic, but as described by material reality.

In the Bundy jacket example, the hypothetical recipient is more curious as to how you, someone they know and trust, obtained the jacket if Ted Bundy. I like where your head's at, though. :hmmyes:

Edit: So called "murder houses," as an example of things normies can relate to as having "bad juju," the ones where a seemingly normal person just goes loving berserk on their family for no apparent reason.

Tubgoat has issued a correction as of 02:23 on Sep 8, 2021

nut
Jul 30, 2019

naw I’m scared of the magic jacket tbh

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
Was it made of his victims or something?

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

bro like symbols effect the material and stuff

no no not the material of the jacket

nut
Jul 30, 2019

ur not gonna logic and reason me into this killer jacket… not again…

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
Ted Bundy as an unwilling agent of the jacket sounds like some good controversial fiction.

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

all desire - the thirst for oil, war, religious salvation - needs to be understood according to what he calls 'the demonogrammatical decoding of the Earth's body'

StashAugustine posted:

from hell is fantastic and everyone in this thread should read it. the "gull catchers" afterward kinda ties into the previous conversation about how a lot of these theories are fundamentally inconclusive- the theory presented in the novel is probably false and all we really know about jack the ripper is that several women were brutally murdered and millions more like them lived in horrific poverty, and no one can or will do anything about it

I started a thread discussing it around this time last year and didn’t keep it updated but will probably resurrect it here when I have some time

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

all desire - the thirst for oil, war, religious salvation - needs to be understood according to what he calls 'the demonogrammatical decoding of the Earth's body'

MLSM posted:

I just finished the Jakarta Method and the Devil’s Chessboard, and I’m deciding between Legacy of Ashes, Organized Crime, and CHAOS. “Enemies” is basically the FBI version of Legacy of Ashes (by the same author) from what I understand. Lots of interesting choices about our hosed up country here!

Read Chaos.

Danger has issued a correction as of 03:36 on Sep 8, 2021

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

nut posted:

I genuinely still dunno what woo is, is it that major traumatic events are magic spells?

Reality is dependent on mass consensus. Traumatic events tear at the fabric of this shared reality and thins the membrane of what separates us and what lies beyond what we've all collectively decided to lock away centuries ago.

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

as depicted in the documentary In the Mouth of Madness

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

I don’t think there is anything mystical about the idea that certain events reverberate forwards and backwards in time and that trauma can be utilized for certain material gains outside of the cause-effect paradigm; that an effect can lead to a cause by a recontextualization of history and events that don’t need to abide by a temporal order.
I don’t see this as an idealist notion either and I think it’s what Moore was getting at with his idea of the terrible notion that history has an architecture to it. it only matters when it is reified in contemporary events.

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

yes. white chapel, Columbine, 9/11 were blood sacrifices that changed reality, forwards and backwards in time.

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
:rip: Danger, banned for antisemitism.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Danger posted:

yes. white chapel, Columbine, 9/11 were blood sacrifices that changed reality, forwards and backwards in time.

unironically true

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
drat this thread got wild when i forgot about it.

anyway, i think i saw in here there are sites where you can entire the name of a NGO/non-profit/etc and see where they get their funding from. anyone remember it?

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

guys... look, you better upping your game because if you are going to turn this thread into Mage it better be loving Awakening and not Ascension

and by chance any of you reading is a hermetic magus, share some tips for us normies tyia

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

crepeface posted:

anyway, i think i saw in here there are sites where you can entire the name of a NGO/non-profit/etc and see where they get their funding from. anyone remember it?

You’re probably thinking of open secrets, but that’s for political orgs, most non-profits don’t have to disclose donors

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

gradenko_2000 posted:

Reality is dependent on mass consensus. Traumatic events tear at the fabric of this shared reality and thins the membrane of what separates us and what lies beyond what we've all collectively decided to lock away centuries ago.

yeah exactly, people scoff at the concept of magic scrolls then use one to summon portable fire and a coke

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

is harnessing the leftover life energy of billions of dead life in order to fly, travel at inhuman speeds, and create works of unparalleled size and scope called necromancy or petroleum engineering in this society i forget

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

Tubgoat posted:

Ted Bundy as an unwilling agent of the jacket sounds like some good controversial fiction.

the jacket is actually george w bush's

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Epstein thread on a collision course with the Witchcraft thread

do NOT try to do battle with the Dulles brothers on the astral plane

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

e: i believe in magic in a young grils haert

nut posted:

ya, stick to canoes or small personal aircrafts like you’re used to

that is incredibly funny

Shifty Nipples has issued a correction as of 05:48 on Sep 8, 2021

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

(full hitler vs stalin magick battle here)

Trabisnikof posted:

You’re probably thinking of open secrets, but that’s for political orgs, most non-profits don’t have to disclose donors

yeah that's it, thanks.

crepeface has issued a correction as of 06:50 on Sep 8, 2021

mark immune
Dec 14, 2019

put the teacher in the cope cage imo
basically a bunch of baby witches are trying to hex les wexner,

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

gradenko_2000 posted:

is this Unknown Armies or one of the Mages

wait, is it Esoterrorists? I never checked that one out.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Atrocious Joe posted:

Esoterrorists

bingo

multistability
Feb 15, 2014

COMPAGNIE TOMMY posted:

There's a neat theory that money essentially is an abstract ritual, and our participation in the monetary system effectively attaints all of our souls because of what money actually buys in practice. At some point, you earned and spent money, in the same mechanism of exchange that allows the government to buy bombs or worse with those same dollars. Probably a little too high concept for the usual suspects itt who fail to grasp any kind of metaphor or hidden meaning of things, but there it is.

Come back Compagnie Tommy

The Atomic Man-Boy
Jul 23, 2007

I'm disappointed in those of you that don't subscribe to the woo poo poo.

The pointing out that Eric Harris' father works was ex-airforce and worked for Lockheed Martin, as did John Ramsey and problematic favorite Steven Paddock should tell you that there is something both structurally and metaphysically evil about the military industrial complex. Not only is is a soulless entity that siphons nearly limitless money and human potential away from building civil society, but one that attracts society's functional sociopaths as well. These sociopaths are attracted to the opportunity build weapons, kill or (in the case of executives) plunder without comeuppance, in the same way a brute in a medieval society might want to join a band of brigands.

However, under capitalism, you never commit a crime for passion, you do it for capital; you do it because the algorithm forces you to. Thugs in previous eras plundered villages and raped villagers. These days they design drones to military spec, drop bombs on a Yemeni taxi drivers using an Xbox from halfway around the world, and take generals out to drinking parties so they can increase share price by .03%. Where's the fun in that? Where's the ability to control your own actions? The work-life of the sociopath under capitalism is as equally as controlled as the Starbucks barista.

But unlike the barista, these men have the means (and desire) to turn kids into murderers, do eyes-wide-shut parties on their private estates, and plan out terrorist attacks. Some of the more motivated (and kookier) ones go out and do it. You can't have a Phoenix program without Micheal Aquino starting a Temple of Set where he runs around molesting kids. You can't have an Iran-Contra without a Franklin scandal.

Also Law enforcement works the same way. It's no wonder all the serial killers are cops these days.

Danger posted:

Read Chaos.
:yeah:

Cached Money
Apr 11, 2010

GWBBQ posted:

As usual, there's massive law enforcement incompetence in failing to prevent it, letting shooters get away, shooting randomly in the chaos, and likely killing at least one of the victims. The TCM stuff is a load of horseshit, and the narrative of bullied kids snapping is both a typical authoritarian response allowing for a wave of paranoia to sweep over every school in the country and get law enforcement into schools as well as encourage militarization of law enforcement. It also serves to cover up the larger involvement of white supremacist groups as part of federal law enforcement's growing refusal to acknowledge that they and right-wing militias were a problem around that time. The chan posts by people seeking to myythologize it are just thrown in in a clumsy attempt to create some sort of narrative, and whatever point they're trying to make about The Matrix is laughable.

yes you put words to my thoughts in a better way than I could yesterday and also brought up the point that the entire thing could've been prevented if cops weren't such massive idiots. the stuff Brooks Brown's parents brought to the police should have prevented the entire tragedy. and yes there is some nazi/racist poo poo Eric was into that gets overlooked sometimes but I think most of the victims were white and there was no obvious targeting of non whites. he was a piece of poo poo mass murderer no matter what.

someone mentioned the guy on the roof in response to my post but afaik that was just some janitor or construction worker that got stuck up there during the shooting, I think it's covered in the official investigation and/or Cullen's book.

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016

Trabisnikof posted:

is harnessing the leftover life energy of billions of dead life in order to fly, travel at inhuman speeds, and create works of unparalleled size and scope called necromancy or petroleum engineering in this society i forget

:aaaaa:

StratGoatCom
Aug 6, 2019

Our security is guaranteed by being able to melt the eyeballs of any other forum's denizens at 15 minutes notice

Regulus74 posted:

The more I read the more it furthers my idea that some rich ghouls way above even epstein's paygrade absolutely believe this saturnalia poo poo, and have access to such unfathomable resources and infinite sycophants that they can probably do a great job gulling themselves and others into believing that literal blood magic is real.

As fun as other esoteric stuff may be, this is where Ockham's razor and the observed propensities of the elite lead us; as ever, they're epic failsons.

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"

crepeface posted:

Used to be here: http://www.theyrule.net/ but it's down. That's the only one I know of.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

much like advanced technology, lots of money is indistinguishable from magik.

nut
Jul 30, 2019

have u tried gravity’s rainbow?

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

Trabisnikof posted:

blackstar (album)

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Trabisnikof posted:

hmm, yeah this is what i was thinking of

Perry Mason Jar posted:

Used to be here: http://www.theyrule.net/ but it's down. That's the only one I know of.

sunsetting adobe flash... it all makes sense now!!

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

Riot Bimbo posted:

I mean obviously agree but if life has traumatized you into a believing only a narrow subset of the stuff that happens to humans is real in a sense that it impacts us materially, you will never ever concede that and it turns out this epic nation, maybe planet sized sized psychic trauma machine has done that to a lot of people.

I think it has trained me to seek materially-oriented answers where possible, to convey to people who can't take the wilder poo poo seriously. Like, power and capital sustaining itself through intensely violent, horrific methods of control isn't in dispute. At least in this subforum, you can point at a book like CIA As Organized Crime to demonstrate these things really aren't up for debate, but the elite deliberately orchestrating mass trauma as part of ritual action strains credulity to some folks because it means that these actions have at least some power in some sense beyond the immediate psychology of participants, and that's such a violation of their worldview that it must be rejected out of hand, even when it factually makes what is otherwise more plainly seen, straight up invisible to them. Like, I'm not even talking about "magic" here, these things don't need magical properties to have power in the sense I'm talking about but that's probably the easiest way to write all of this off if inclined.

In the case of something like 9/11 or Columbine you also have to deal with the fact that for every eye-brow raising bit of information, like the short-selling of airline stocks, or snipers, or witnesses describing gunmen not ever mentioned in official accounts, but extant in witness reports, you have either the stigma of obsessive cults of personality, or wacky harebrained poo poo obfuscating sincere investigation and discussion of events outside of an official narrative. To someone that knows how to look for the signs of malignant information control, that stuff is easy enough to sift to an eventual and frustrating point where speculation must reign in lieu of more evidence coming to light. Usually just enough for an outsider looking at things carefully to go "official story definitely is horseshit" and little more.

But like, for me, when a bunch of stories have this problem of, "wow the official story is clearly papering over some dark and hosed up poo poo I'll never know the truth about", the people conveying these narratives to me start to look less like benign, incompetent, or blindly self-interested parties, and more like metaphorical/literal demons acting in a demonstrably malignant, possibly truly evil-in-a-metaphysical-sense thing going on that makes doing nothing and ignoring this poo poo seem downright immoral in itself? Like passivity becomes tacit approval? And yeah I'm at a point where I mostly don't wanna be on the wrong end of a domestic Phoenix program, but I can see where things are headed regardless, and as a trans lady I don't see the time bought by staying quiet to be worth the spiritual cost? Like I dunno the next decade will be an interesting one and I'm not sure it's gonna leave me much of a human to merely prioritize survival

quote:

Ron Suskind: “In the summer of 2002, after I had written an article in Esquire that the White House didn’t like about Bush’s former communications director, Karen Hughes, I had a meeting with a senior adviser to Bush. He expressed the White House’s displeasure, and then he told me something that at the time I didn’t fully comprehend—but which I now believe gets to the very heart of the Bush presidency.”

“The aide said that guys like me were “in what we call the reality-based community,” which he defined as people who “believe that solutions emerge from your judicious study of discernible reality.” I nodded and murmured something about enlightenment principles and empiricism. He cut me off. “That’s not the way the world really works anymore,” he continued. “We’re an empire now, and when we act, we create our own reality. And while you’re studying that reality—judiciously, as you will—we’ll act again, creating other new realities, which you can study too, and that’s how things will sort out. We’re history’s actors . . . and you, all of you, will be left to just study what we do.”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"

Did people think I was joking when I said the ruling class are Marxists?

Crucially, as part of this same game, the aide neglected to mention that Ron is also an actor in history. This little detail is left out because it's best for them if you consider yourself, instead, a historical subject. Do not be confused.