Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: fart simpson)

Junkozeyne
Feb 13, 2012

gradenko_2000 posted:

it's not the use of "CCP" or "CPC" per se that's the giveaway, it's that someone tries to say that at all instead of just "China" or "the PRC"

Most people realize that talking about glassing China is a bit much so they go "well i don't mean Chinese people, i mean the ccp" etc etc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Junkozeyne posted:

Most people realize that talking about glassing China is a bit much so they go "well i don't mean Chinese people, i mean the ccp" etc etc

ya this is the gbs/reddit move i see a lot

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

LimburgLimbo posted:

Kinda burying the lede here that another ethnically Chinese MP literally admitted to being a former spook/working for Chinese intelligence (edit: for clarity he denied being a spy himself but admitted to training spys in English and communications monitoring or some poo poo) before and then resigned because of it, and that Chen was the president of one of those Chinese student organizations which are on pretty shaky grounds as to their relation to Chinese intelligence seeing as there's been accusations of them monitoring overseas Chinese for dissident political activities lol

Yeah evidence is circumstantial and I'm sure plenty of racists love digging into poo poo there but it's not like she was named purely because she's ethnic Chinese. She had leadership roles in organizations which are accused of being auxiliaries for Chinese intelligence. Both said accusations and her purported involvement may be total bullshit, and they're obviously politically motivated, but it's not like it's coming from nowhere and they randomly accused someone just because they're ethnically Chinese.

if i was a global fellow of the kissinger institute and published by the national endowment of democracy, i would personally think twice before accusing others of acting in the service of foreign intelligence agencies

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

exmarx posted:

if i was a global fellow of the kissinger institute and published by the national endowment of democracy, i would personally think twice before accusing others of acting in the service of foreign intelligence agencies

the professor is?

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Stringent posted:

the professor is?

maybe he means the forums poster is?

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

fart simpson posted:

maybe he means the forums poster is?

anything's possible, they aren't exactly bringing their best these days

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

Stringent posted:

the professor is?

yeah

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

lmao

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

hugging and kissing kissinger

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

exmarx posted:

every loving time

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

I like CCP better

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

:rip:

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
I am the Xi Jinping sniffing stock photo.

Lasting Damage
Feb 26, 2006

Fallen Rib
when you're obsessed with the idea of chinese people dying, jesus christ

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
China Is Done

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/ansicht_auge/status/1157446670696607745?s=19
https://twitter.com/Russia/status/1393628009878392832?s=19
https://twitter.com/RusConsulGen/status/945045694896852998?s=19

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

totally not sinophobic youtube channel

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

I mean China or not, I'm always down to watch a huge factory explode

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

This is the failure of the West in Afghanistan. Should have found a cat mascot for the imperialism. Kabul Kitty world have rallied the masses to support further bloodthirsting in his defense.

The East understands the power of cat memes.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Judakel posted:

China Is Done

says increasingly nervous Youtuber for the 24th time this year

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.

I love how the reactionary Comicsgate video formula is probably now the default for any topic on Youtube.

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

my next netflix and chill playlist

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

DesertIslandHermit posted:

I love how the reactionary Comicsgate video formula is probably now the default for any topic on Youtube.

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Dear gun nerds: Why put the magazine in the back?

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Cpt_Obvious posted:

A bullpup configuration lets you make the whole gun shorter in exchange for making the whole gun more complicated

You may want a shorter gun for use in urban combat and portability, but without giving up the bullet velocity and calibre of something like a submachine gun

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Cpt_Obvious posted:

smaller gun that way. lighter, easier to move around while shooting without losing the benefits of a longer barrel.

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

says increasingly nervous Youtuber for the 24th time this year

*week

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Makes sense. Looks annoying to reload tho.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Cpt_Obvious posted:

Makes sense. Looks annoying to reload tho.

Yes. Bullpup designs are overrated because they're not worth the tradeoffs to perform only marginally better for what they're intended. They're way more awkward to handle and shoot than a regular rifle, and the idea that you need a shorter weapon for in-house fighting almost never comes up. If you want a shorter gun to move around doors you could use a carbine.

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Yes. Bullpup designs are overrated because they're not worth the tradeoffs to perform only marginally better for what they're intended. They're way more awkward to handle and shoot than a regular rifle, and the idea that you need a shorter weapon for in-house fighting almost never comes up. If you want a shorter gun to move around doors you could use a carbine.

The longer barrel of bullpup is moot when the average soldier ain't gonna hit anything over 100m under combat stress.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Kinda funny that people are desperately waiting for China to explode because of violating some vague idea of the rules that capitalist countries make up as an excuse to not do anything

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

All those "CHINA IS FLOODING VIDEOS!" have aged quite well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4NDbP8c7-A

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

Cpt_Obvious posted:

All those "CHINA IS FLOODING VIDEOS!" have aged quite well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4NDbP8c7-A

i generally dislike celebrating disaster, but gently caress car dealerships forever

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

the experience of urban warfare since the 1990s seems to be that most armies prefer to blow up a house rather than try to go into it to fight.

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

Atrocious Joe posted:

the experience of urban warfare since the 1990s seems to be that most armies prefer to blow up a house rather than try to go into it to fight.

yeah im no mil nerd but blowing everything up seems way easier, and no one ever gets in trouble for warcrimes so gently caress it.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

If you want a shorter gun to move around doors you could use a carbine.

I feel like there's an element of consolidation at play here, similar to the F-35, where instead of having two or three different weapons systems that specialize in a role, bureaucrats insist on a single "multi-role" system that ends up only being mediocre at everything at the same time. So instead of an AR-type rifle (is that the right term?) when you have room to maneuver, and a carbine for when you don't, they keep insisting on developing bullpup designs to try and cover both at the same time.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

gradenko_2000 posted:

I feel like there's an element of consolidation at play here, similar to the F-35, where instead of having two or three different weapons systems that specialize in a role, bureaucrats insist on a single "multi-role" system that ends up only being mediocre at everything at the same time. So instead of an AR-type rifle (is that the right term?) when you have room to maneuver, and a carbine for when you don't, they keep insisting on developing bullpup designs to try and cover both at the same time.

This is pretty much how everything in the military works, and how you get camouflage that doesn't blend in anywhere but on 70s couches.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
wanna pet that bridge kitty

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Ghost Leviathan posted:

This is pretty much how everything in the military works, and how you get camouflage that doesn't blend in anywhere but on 70s couches.
i think the uniform did blend reasonably well in iraq urban terrain, but that's the only place it works other than 70s couches

different story in afghanistan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

wanna pet that bridge kitty

I only brought it up because people were horrified to learn that this kitty is being used in "propaganda to legitimize the Russian invasion of the Crimea" as some sort of example of a "milkshake duck" that literally involves an animal

as though people still care about the Crimea???