Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

I wish you could put decals on your armor, it seems like an obvious feature but you can’t do it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
Good lord the thread in CineD is hilariously insufferable. The insane leaps of logic you have to make the moment you consider the prequels to be canon.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

The prequels would have been better off divorced from the Alien franchise entirely, linking them doesn’t do either side any favors.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

If anyone is in the market for 3d printable not-Xenon and not-Predators, these are really high quality - I've printed some from their Patreon:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/wargname/aliens-vs-humans-stl-set

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Reservoir Dogs but there is a predator (in town with a few days to kill) in the safehouse

In addition, Tim Roth’s Mr. Orange being gutshot is problematic, but even worse is that the tissue damage and internal bleeding is only going to hasten the birth of his chestburster

MrMojok fucked around with this message at 02:34 on Sep 8, 2021

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007

Xenomrph posted:

I like the extended cut :colbert:

Was on vacation, but actually watched the theatrical cut in the hotel again and i concur. Prefer extended cut.

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007

Mutant Headcrab posted:

I mix it up gun to gun, though I went the Nerf route with about a third of them.

I wish some of the guns had better flat surfaces for decals. I get kind of OCD about making decals fit without overlapping details on the gun.

Once you finish the campaign you get "the only way to be sure" decal which has gone on at least one of my guns on every kit

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Splicer posted:

It's good times. Though at some point you'll need to choose between smartgun and flamethrower

Don't do flamethrower. They're the most obnoxious weapons. I just love getting doused in napalm when I'm trying to shoot at things.

I will say that the flame turret is very useful for the Technician class when you have some big guys to fight and it's busy taking care of all the runners and poo poo.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Iron Crowned posted:

Don't do flamethrower. They're the most obnoxious weapons. I just love getting doused in napalm when I'm trying to shoot at things.
Counterpoint: it's a gun that lets me throw fire

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Splicer posted:

Counterpoint: it's a gun that lets me throw fire

But I can't see a gooddamned thing when you're burning me and aliens with it!

EDIT:

The Grenade Launcher seems like a pretty pro weapon though.

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.

Iron Crowned posted:

But I can't see a gooddamned thing when you're burning me and aliens with it!

Stay Frosty.

mudskipp
Jan 1, 2018

stop making sense

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

You always were an rear end in a top hat, children

Ive probably given myself nerve damage suppressing a laugh at this whilst trying to keep a baby asleep

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

mudskipp posted:

Ive probably given myself nerve damage suppressing a laugh at this whilst trying to keep a baby asleep

I won't lie to you about your chances, but you have my sympathy.

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

I admire its purity. A survivor... unclouded by conscience, remorse, or delusions of bladder control.

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.
“Can I drown?”

“Yes honey. I think we both can. Sleep tight.”

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

mudskipp posted:

I've thought about that quote at least as many times as I've thought about Aliens (the movie) the last couple of days and it still fuckin slays me

SidneyIsTheKiller
Jul 16, 2019

I did fall asleep reading a particularly erotic chapter
in my grandmother's journal.

She wrote very detailed descriptions of her experiences...

Xenomrph posted:

poo poo, I’d be okay with it. I like Titanic quite a bit.

FUN FACT: the sinking of the Titanic took place in the Alien movie timeline.

There's even a subtle reference in how the shuttle isn't big enough to accommodate the whole crew abandoning ship!

Parkingtigers posted:

You absolutely need to go back and rewatch it as an adult. It's a truly great film, with possibly the bravest and most unconventional ending of any genre romance movie.

I swear to god, Kate Winslet blowing that whistle is one of the top five emotional moments in any film ever made. To be fair, she carries that entire film on her back, but Rose is every bit the strong determined heroine that Ellen Ripley or Sarah Connor is. In this essay I shall

Titanic is a (great!) big-rear end four-quadrant blockbuster genre flick where women are more the primary audience and men secondary (as opposed to most romantic films where the target audience is almost exclusively women). I'm not too keen on romance so I don't know if I can ever truly love Titanic but I remember being pleasantly surprised by some of the action-ish and suspense moments*, which I imagine is how a lot of women feel watching The Terminator and thinking, "well, at least the romance is nice."

*There's a sequence where Winslet is searching for DiCaprio in the bowels of the ship and she's holding an axe in waist-deep water, the ship loudly creaking, and the lights flickering on-and-off that reminded me very much of Ripley searching for Newt in Aliens. I very much appreciated it.

SidneyIsTheKiller
Jul 16, 2019

I did fall asleep reading a particularly erotic chapter
in my grandmother's journal.

She wrote very detailed descriptions of her experiences...

SidneyIsTheKiller posted:

CONCLUSION
It is the finding of this court of inquiry that Aliens: Special Edition has been put together with questionable judgment and that each and every one of its additions is excisable.

Now, no criminal charges will be filed against it at this time and it will be released on its own recognizance for a six-month period of psychometric probation, to include monthly review by an ICC psychiatric technician. These proceedings are closed.

I just wanna say how disappointed I am that no one responded with:

I deliberately left myself wide open for that one as a consolation to Special Edition fans! Total freebie and no one took it. *Shakes head*

Edit: VVVVVVV You didn't even have to! Makes it doubly disappointing.

SidneyIsTheKiller fucked around with this message at 21:36 on Sep 8, 2021

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Wait people read that?

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
I'm thinking about how I have to wait 15 more minutes before I can play Fireteam.

EDIT:

4 hours for an update? I guess I won't be playing tonight :(

Iron Crowned fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Sep 8, 2021

Class Warcraft
Apr 27, 2006

SidneyIsTheKiller posted:

I just wanna say how disappointed I am that no one responded with:

I deliberately left myself wide open for that one as a consolation to Special Edition fans! Total freebie and no one took it. *Shakes head*

Edit: VVVVVVV You didn't even have to! Makes it doubly disappointing.

Tbh I was tempted to but I didn’t want to kill the chill vibe we got going in the thread

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Iron Crowned posted:

I'm thinking about how I have to wait 15 more minutes before I can play Fireteam.

EDIT:

My update is just 172ish MB. Including installing it takes about 5 minutes. :shrug:

edit: wait it just pushed it to 20, now over an hour wtf

edit: oh ok it's done now

Pennywise the Frown fucked around with this message at 22:13 on Sep 8, 2021

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Iron Crowned posted:

EDIT:

What, are you on dial-up? Hey everyone, look at this guy still stuck in 1998! Word of warning from the future mate, that new Alien movie you're looking forward to, Resurrection I believe it's called, is a bit poo poo.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

edogawa rando posted:

What, are you on dial-up? Hey everyone, look at this guy still stuck in 1998! Word of warning from the future mate, that new Alien movie you're looking forward to, Resurrection I believe it's called, is a bit poo poo.

Joke’s on you, Alien Resurrection came out in 1997.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Xenomrph posted:

Dialup was my only option until 2001

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Xenomrph posted:

*that bit where Burke turns around and there's a xeno right behind him, except I'm Burke and Xenomrph, appropriately enough, is the xeno*

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Shameless stolen from the Simpsons thread:

The Zombie Guy
Oct 25, 2008

Mutant Headcrab posted:

Props don't need plot development :colbert:

From pages back, but how was this not an instant permaban? Wow.

Question: do we know what the time frame is, between "Burke tells colonists to investigate Derelict", and "Marines get boots on the ground"?

The gerbils that the Marines find in the office look pretty healthy, so they must not have been abandoned for more than a few days, right? You'd think that if the colonists were busy fighting against the xenos, they wouldn't be worrying too much about keeping their little critters fed and watered. So it might give an idea of how long the colony managed to hold out after the first xeno is born.

Or maybe this has all been thoroughly covered in a book or comic that I've never seen.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Here’s the most in-depth Alien franchise timeline on the planet:

https://alientimeline.wordpress.com

It’s fan written, but it’s incredibly thoroughly researched by a superfan who knows his poo poo, and it’s been treated as authoritative by Fox and they regularly tell authors to abide by it.

I usually don’t like to link it because the author is a bit of a douche but it IS really detailed and a pretty neat read.

Ricardio
Dec 3, 2012

Completely Consensual

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

You always were an rear end in a top hat, children

I'm getting some strange looks in the break room.

Mutant Headcrab
May 14, 2007
My computer is out of commission for the next couple of days. Of course the Fireteam update drops when I can't play it (yet).

:negative:

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Mister Speaker posted:

Good lord the thread in CineD is hilariously insufferable. The insane leaps of logic you have to make the moment you consider the prequels to be canon.

What you have written is, unfortunately, hyper-political

:smug:

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Oh that's nice,

quote:

Weapons

Starting with this update, all weapons will level up as intended. Up to this point, all level-based benefits were being applied immediately, despite the weapon not having unlocked them yet.

So that we don’t negatively affect current players, we will be setting all currently owned weapons to max level for all character accounts created up to the implementation of this patch. Enjoy your 4 star guns!
Due to the above change, along with assessing live progression speeds for weapons, we will also be lowering the XP requirements for each weapon rank. Guns will now reach max rank (4 stars) with the same amount of XP it used to take to reach 3 stars.

Mutant Headcrab
May 14, 2007

mllaneza posted:

Oh that's nice,

Oh thank Christ. I don't have to torture myself with the flamethrowers.

Mr. Grapes!
Feb 12, 2007
Mr. who?

The Zombie Guy posted:

From pages back, but how was this not an instant permaban? Wow.

Question: do we know what the time frame is, between "Burke tells colonists to investigate Derelict", and "Marines get boots on the ground"?

The gerbils that the Marines find in the office look pretty healthy, so they must not have been abandoned for more than a few days, right? You'd think that if the colonists were busy fighting against the xenos, they wouldn't be worrying too much about keeping their little critters fed and watered. So it might give an idea of how long the colony managed to hold out after the first xeno is born.

Or maybe this has all been thoroughly covered in a book or comic that I've never seen.

I always thought that maybe Newt was taking care of the gerbils.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Mr. Grapes! posted:

I always thought that maybe Newt was taking care of the gerbils.

Yeah the Gerbils indicate that someone has survived and is still around.

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser
Frankly they missed a golden opportunity for Gerbil Xenos.

Captain Rufus
Sep 16, 2005

CAPTAIN WORD SALAD

OFF MY MEDS AGAIN PLEASE DON'T USE BIG WORDS

UNNECESSARY LINE BREAK

We all know the correct Titanic crossover. (It was originally a cover to G Fan magazine in the 90s.)

No I don't want to think about a Xenozilla. Especially not with Shin Godzilla. Or Hedorah.

They mostly come out in Tokyo Bay.. mostly.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

You're out of control

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
For some reason the "Hive Battle" appeared on my YouTube feed today, and now I'm thinking about how I'd rather be watching Aliens than sitting in my cubicle at work.