Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

your half assed underposting was way better than your half assed overposting

simble
May 11, 2004

Do over Ham
Mar 20, 2009

That's more like it. :colbert:

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
https://twitter.com/joechoui/status/1436030573559046149

It's good

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

drat, that makes me miss the show, which ended almost two decades ago now.

Do over Ham
Mar 20, 2009

Jerusalem posted:

drat, that makes me miss the show, which ended almost two decades ago now.

Do over Ham
Mar 20, 2009

Yoink!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Burns promised to finance an investigation into who killed his brother, Don Incognito. The townspeople were enraged because they didn't want their dark secret exposed, so Smithers saved him from the violent crowd and Snrub Incognito sadly went home knowing there would be no justice for his brother in this life :smith:

God it's like some of you people don't even loving pay attention while you're watching this show!

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 02:04 on Sep 11, 2021

Do over Ham
Mar 20, 2009

Root Bear
Nov 15, 2004

DARKEST SKETCH

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Do over Ham
Mar 20, 2009

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe
Topical!

Do over Ham
Mar 20, 2009

Root Bear
Nov 15, 2004

DARKEST SKETCH

Do over Ham
Mar 20, 2009

Yoink!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JPmDiOcDIpU

Do over Ham
Mar 20, 2009

Yoink!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Do over Ham
Mar 20, 2009

Yoink!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

DUHHHH that's why he has the cornstarch, it keeps down the urges to use his right hand! We had a whole debate about this like three iterations of the thread ago!

Edit: Awww boo, I misremembered the thing I was referencing (it was from a 10+ year old thread):

I found it!

Saxamaphone posted:

This is an incredibly trivial question that is more useful as an indication of goons' incapability of letting little things go than it is for Simpsons knowledge, but I must be validated:

Okay, so Brandon and I were talking about the Simpsons today, as is our wont. (Who Brandon is is not important, just know that he is a man who is bad at interpreting things.) We were specifically discussing the episode "A Milhouse Divided" in Season 8--the one where Milhouse's parents get divorced.

At Marge's dinner party, there's a scene where everyone is playing Pictionary. Ned Flanders is the one who has to draw, and the following conversation ensues:

Ned: Oh, that's a noodle-scratcher! [starts drawing a few random dots]
Maude: [gasps] Cornstarch!
Ned: Oh, righty-o! [both laugh] It's good for keepin' down the urges!

Brandon's interpretation of the scene:
Brandon says that the "it" in "It's good for keepin' down the urges!" refers to Pictionary, and that the joke is that Ned and Maude are so good at Pictionary because they play it instead of having sex. There is no way that the "it" refers to cornstarch, because why the hell would you use cornstarch for repressing sex?

My interpretation of the scene
The "it" in "It's good for keepin' down the urges!" refers to cornstarch, and it doesn't have to make sense because the joke is that Ned and Maude are weird and religious and don't like sex. The Flanderseses' Pictionary prowess is just meant to contrast with Kirk and Luanne's inability to play nicely together in the following scene.

Which do you think makes more sense? I realize that this is ridiculous, but humor me here

This post kicked off 10+ years of Simpsons Quotes, thousands of pages, and who knows how many YOINK posts.

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 17:04 on Sep 18, 2021

Do over Ham
Mar 20, 2009

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Do over Ham
Mar 20, 2009

HellOnEarth
Nov 7, 2005

Now that's good jerky!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Fun Shoe

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Do over Ham
Mar 20, 2009

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

You okay, Do over Ham? You're posting FOREVER a lot....

Do over Ham
Mar 20, 2009

Jerusalem posted:

You okay, Do over Ham? You're posting FOREVER a lot....

Root Bear
Nov 15, 2004

DARKEST SKETCH

Jerusalem posted:

DUHHHH that's why he has the cornstarch, it keeps down the urges to use his right hand! We had a whole debate about this like three iterations of the thread ago!

Edit: Awww boo, I misremembered the thing I was referencing (it was from a 10+ year old thread):

I found it!

This post kicked off 10+ years of Simpsons Quotes, thousands of pages, and who knows how many YOINK posts.

Do over Ham
Mar 20, 2009

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I assure you, my bad posting is the result of an unSimpsons related alcohol problem!

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Fun Shoe

Jerusalem posted:

I assure you, my bad posting is the result of an unSimpsons related alcohol problem!

His moderator assignment is part of his public service for his...

Do over Ham
Mar 20, 2009

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Root Bear
Nov 15, 2004

DARKEST SKETCH

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Do over Ham
Mar 20, 2009