Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

DaysBefore posted:

Actually coffee is in a different, completely unrelated inventory. You hold F, right click, that brings up a radial menu the game never told you exists. You search through the subcategories to find your Personal Inventory, open it (ignore the lag that doing so causes) find your Space Coffee, then click on it to equip. Then exit your Personal Inventory, hold F, look down, Pray the floating menu isn't clipped inside your torso, and click Drink.

So easy even a non-Idris owning janitor could do it!

I need to know: is there actually a different personal inventory that you can access or is this a joke

Cause when I watched my brother play it he bought food that then we literally could not find, is there actually a secret inventory in star citizen? That the game's help never tells you about? At all?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

mdxi posted:

Firesprite, who were contracted to re-re-do Star Marine, have been acquired by Sony and are now within the Playstation Studios group.

https://www.firesprite.com/news/202...ltiplayer-mode/

https://blog.playstation.com/2021/09/08/welcoming-firesprite-to-the-playstation-studios-family/

This is good for Star Citizen because look at what all that good Sony money did to known failure NMS — now it can do the same for a much better and already infinitely successful game.

Tippis fucked around with this message at 18:11 on Sep 8, 2021

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Star Atlas has a trailer and the concept of the game is there is a giant planet sized diamond somewhere in the galaxy and everyone is trying to get to it first so that they can... look at it? How are you going to move a planet sized diamond? Who would buy a planet sized diamond? Honestly it's a pretty apt metaphor for NFTs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnFNh-1qLWk

I know none of this matters because Star Atlas is even less of a game as Star Citizen and it never actually intends to be one, it's just funny how little thought actually goes into the concept beyond selling NFTs.

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Grondoth posted:

I need to know: is there actually a different personal inventory that you can access or is this a joke

Cause when I watched my brother play it he bought food that then we literally could not find, is there actually a secret inventory in star citizen? That the game's help never tells you about? At all?

Yes, that was an accurate guide on how to drink Space Coffee. I never got a pop-up until after I accidentally opened it

Btw, tell your brother to buy an Idris

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Maybe we need a thread to discuss NFT MMOs because the more I dive into Star Atlas the more questions I have, this is all just so insane. Everyone who is hyped about it doesn't seem to care or even register that there is no game or even really a concept for a game it's literally just JPEGs for sale. People are comparing it to other NFT games and saying how Star Atlas is so much better, there is no game how can it be better???

I feel like I'm stepping into an abyss and a month from now I'll be discussing my new Star Atlas ships and how they're such a great value.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Star atlas makes complete sense to me unfortunately. They're simply targeting a slightly more advanced spot on the continuum of "the game existing would be a detriment to my dreams.txt" than star citizen, with a healthy dollop of crypto psychopathy appeal mixed in

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Player owned museums posted:

I wanted to suggest the addition of player owned museums in form of rentable buildings or dedicated outpost modules.

I had this idea from the get go, that I would want to display limited stuff there, like limited ships, armor, weapons or trophies / flair and add an info panel to them.

I wouldn't want to do this to brag or anything.
My way of thinking of it would be, that I would be able to share the experience of this limited stuff with all players, especially the ones who missed out on them, so everyone can experience these items and ships in person.
With the addition of info panels next to them you could also incorporate ingame lore and even more love into these exhibits.
You could add
-Details on the lore of the Xenothreat events to the CDF armor
-Details for the background of the masters of flight ship variants
-Even details for Citcon based items as ingame lore.

I think this wouldn't require that much additional tech, other than player owned habs / housing and/or Outposts. Of course we would need the structures for it, but ingame we already have:

*Armor stands / Mannequins (even used in events like fleet week to display special armor)
*Weapon rack tech. We could just need some form of "ornamental" weapon rack, which you can place somewhere that can hold 1-2 weapons in a slightly more fashionable manner
*Info panels (just the UI needed to customize them)
*Being able to place / fly ships into these buildings or maybe even next to the entrance of them as some sort of eye catcher outside the museum

Whereas some players see their destiny in the military sector, or mining, or anything else, I would love to be able to be the curator of a museum and share the love and details, CIG has put into the game.
And I would love to do salvage, but that's another story to be told.

I think this would add so much to the immersion of the game, as it would deepen the lore aswell as give the players the opportunity to create something great for all players to enjoy.
What are your opinions on this? Do you think this would be a thing that could be implemented?

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

mdxi posted:

Firesprite, who were contracted to re-re-do Star Marine, have been acquired by Sony and are now within the Playstation Studios group.

https://www.firesprite.com/news/202...ltiplayer-mode/

https://blog.playstation.com/2021/09/08/welcoming-firesprite-to-the-playstation-studios-family/

Nice to see Sony repurchasing the tattered remains of Psygnosis after scattering them to the winds a decade ago.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao
https://thumbs.gfycat.com/JauntyUnawareHuman-mobile.mp4

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

DaysBefore posted:

Yes, that was an accurate guide on how to drink Space Coffee. I never got a pop-up until after I accidentally opened it

Btw, tell your brother to buy an Idris

We both backed the game in like 2012 man, he's not a lost cause

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Grondoth posted:

We both backed the game in like 2012 man, he's not a lost cause

Oh no didn't mean it like that. Besides, my backing date was a lot more recent than that :(

Bayonnefrog
Nov 9, 2017

haven' been on here in a while...game still being worked on? lol

how's Mr Smart doing?

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Bayonnefrog posted:

haven' been on here in a while...game still being worked on? lol
Define “work”.
And “game”
And “on”.

quote:

how's Mr Smart doing?
Still lol:ing away, since CI¬G inadvertently proved him right on pretty much every point. :cheeky:

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development
:reddit: When Sony bought Nixxes 2 months ago they continued to work on the PC port of Marvel's Avengers but they announced recently that they are now done working on Avengers and Crystal Dynamics is taking over that role for the PC. I am not saying Firesprite will end up doing the same thing but this could also mean Theaters of War is done for the most part and just needs bug testing and polish which CIG would finish themselves.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

DaysBefore posted:

Oh no didn't mean it like that. Besides, my backing date was a lot more recent than that :(

Ah, gotcha. The only REAL way to experience the star citizen experience is if you buy an Idris.

Bubbacub
Apr 17, 2001

lobsterminator posted:

Life is Strange and Before The Storm were really something special. One of very few games that have made me properly cry. It had some strong personal connection points. I'm hella going to buy the remaster when it comes out.

LiS 2 had more natural writing, but the actual star wars force power was a lot less interesting than the time travel in the first one. And partly due to the cross country road trip story I did not have time to get attached to anyone or any place except the main characters.

Oh drat, I didn't know they were doing a remaster. This thread is actually good for something.

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

Today's joke -

Helmet, helmet, helmet!

Did that animation ever make it in to the game or was it yet another Chris Roberts promotion material that doesn't reflect the actual game?

Penitent
Jul 8, 2005

The Lemonade Man Can
https://kotaku.com/star-citizen-gets-slap-on-wrist-over-selling-ships-that-1847635638

quote:

Star Citizen, currently in alpha, is scheduled for release in 2014, 2016, and so on.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

quote:

The offending ship in Matzy’s complaint is the Gatac Railen, a purple and silver beast
that looks like what would happen if you froze Optimus Prime in the middle of an air squat

:gary:

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

They are NOT wrong

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Midnight Voyager posted:

They are NOT wrong

That's what made it so funny, especially cause I was like wtf is a Gatac Railen and looked it up. I don't know what I expected but didn't expect the description to be that perfect

L. Ron Hoover
Nov 9, 2009

Popete posted:

Star Atlas has a trailer and the concept of the game is there is a giant planet sized diamond somewhere in the galaxy and everyone is trying to get to it first so that they can... look at it? How are you going to move a planet sized diamond? Who would buy a planet sized diamond? Honestly it's a pretty apt metaphor for NFTs.

I know none of this matters because Star Atlas is even less of a game as Star Citizen and it never actually intends to be one, it's just funny how little thought actually goes into the concept beyond selling NFTs.

Ok so the diamond planet is actually a cube, and once you find it you download the phone app you can mine cubes away and at the center is a discovery that is life changing.

It's an NFT of Peter Molyneux's balls.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

L. Ron Hoover posted:

It's an NFT of Peter Molyneux's balls.

That's more than what the actual winner of Curiosity Cube got, which is absolutely nothing because they forgot about that promise when Godus turned out to be a big turd

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

Oh behalf of turds, I kindly asked you stop comparing Godus to turds.

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Now sauntering to the ring, please welcome the lackadaisical style of the man who is always doing something...

Ouch.

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

It's ok, Chris can take it. He has his vitamins you know.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Dear Chris Roberts,

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
Oh Erin needs to join me on my current diet for sure

Or just start taking more of his bros vitamins, if his heart can take it

Gravity_Storm
Mar 1, 2016

Popete posted:

The location of the diamond will get datamined in a day and then... buy ships?

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Dwesa posted:

That bike(?) is $20, but some marks bought 60 of them (if these accounts are real and not just marketing trolls), that big one sells for thousands

https://twitter.com/StringTheory007/status/1435339108717563922

It seems they plan to sell $100000 JPGs

:lol:

Star Launderer

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Popete posted:

Good to see them cashing in on the Avatar IP since a new movie is coming out. This is sort of 1-Up-ing Chris Roberts because he can only think to steal these ideas after the movie is out.

This is some next level development I hope CIG can keep up.

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
In other news.

https://kotaku.com/star-citizen-gets-slap-on-wrist-over-selling-ships-that-1847635638

quote:

Star Citizen, the Winds of Winter of video games, has recently come under fire for misleading advertising practices, at least in the eyes of one British regulatory body. Eurogamer reports that the United Kingdom’s Advertising Standards Authority (ASA) has told developer Cloud Imperium Games to clarify that Star Citizen’s so-called “concept ships” aren’t technically available yet—even if players can fork over very real money for them.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/...ist-in-game-yet

quote:

The complaint was sparked by a marketing email sent out in July to subscribers that claimed "Last Chance to Grab the Gatac Railen!" and "Don't miss your chance to pledge for the Gatac Manufacture Railen. This alien concept ship will be leaving the pledge store on Monday..." The email did not mention the Gatac Railen does not exist yet in the game.

cmdrk
Jun 10, 2013
I’d love to hear how citizers are reacting to Star Atlas.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

kept confusing Star Atlas for Cloud Atlas and was wondering how on earth they made a videogame of that terrible tom hanks film

.random
May 7, 2007

alf_pogs posted:

kept confusing Star Atlas for Cloud Atlas and was wondering how on earth they made a videogame of that terrible tom hanks film

You speak the true true

Gravity_Storm
Mar 1, 2016

It was inevitable that some mob lord company would want a fat slice of that JPEG money.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

.random posted:

You speak the true true

lmao

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser

Badly beaten earlier on this page.

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development
Be amazed

https://clips.twitch.tv/GoldenHorribleSkunkFloof-pKrYWPLe_y4GkIJI

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sectopod
Aug 24, 2017

Oh my... that sure is something.
On what stage are they singing there? Was there some IRL Star Citizen event recently?