Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Y'all gotta catch Atlas vs Effy from Big Gay Brunch last weekend.

They beat the poo poo out of each other in an unexpectedly burtal match. And it had Effy take the most scary bump I've seen in a long time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

Unperson_47 posted:

It really is.

I hope the crowd cottons on to the chant incorporated into the opening, that'd be a wild thing to hear 10000 people shout

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
i don't think you're going to need to encourage the crowd to tell bryan's opponents they're gonna get their fuckin heads kicked in

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Who is this little interview man in the NWA? Every time I see him I think it's Adam Pearce.

https://twitter.com/RealNickAldis/status/1435634551460663300

Unrelated, but as to not double post :stare:

https://twitter.com/KennyOmegamanX/status/1435693003662888964

For posterity:

Ganso Bomb fucked around with this message at 21:00 on Sep 8, 2021

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

kenny woke up today and chose violence lmao jesus

Dragonshirt
Oct 28, 2010

a sight for sore eyes

Jesus, Kenny

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Holy poo poo Kenny

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
I enjoy watching Kenny heel it up, but I'm worried this makes it more likely Osprey shows up on AEW

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Mr. Squishy posted:

I enjoy watching Kenny heel it up, but I'm worried this makes it more likely Osprey shows up on AEW

I would like to see him beat Ospreay for his fake belt and then challenge Ibushi for Night 3 of Wrestle Kingdom.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Rarity posted:

Bryan's theme is so loving good

Yeah on the live broadcast it didn't sound amazing, but when you can clearly hear the "you're gonna get your loving head kicked in" chant and claps, it owns.

The only thing I'm not sold on is the singing but maybe that works too.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Mr. Squishy posted:

:emptyquote:

Raffles
Dec 7, 2004

Kenny Omega said bruv

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
MOTYC: Kenny Omega vs. Will Ospreay, Twitter, 08/09

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Ospreay needs to come to AEW and wrestle Danielson, Kenny, and Evil Uno

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

kenny’s right

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Kenny ain't wrong, NJPW has been pretty up and down since the rapidfire EVIL storylines and Okada getting caught in that

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."
Too bad Kenny is just working. I wish he'd mean it.

I mean, okay, maybe he still does.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Pylons posted:

I would like to see him beat Ospreay for his fake belt and then challenge Ibushi for Night 3 of Wrestle Kingdom.

If it happens in AEW I can't believe the promotion is dead.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Those 2 good wrestlers would have a really good match

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Ibushi would have a good match with Kenny

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

JUNGLE BOY posted:

Those 2 good wrestlers would have a really good match

Reported for controversial take

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

Mr. Squishy posted:

Don't worry, he's actually setting up Kenny appearing in WWE

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Ibushi would have a good match with Kenny

If another Omega vs. Ibushi match happens I want it to happen in AEW so Kenny can make it as outrageous as he and Ibushi drat well loving please.

born on a buy you
Aug 14, 2005

Odd Fullback
Bird Gang
Sack Them All
https://twitter.com/bryanalvarez/status/1435678439277678592

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

https://twitter.com/TheDonCallis/status/1435684800153546755?t=5wj0t3UM01N1rTj7MVObfg&s=19

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

DLC Inc posted:

Kenny ain't wrong, NJPW has been pretty up and down since the rapidfire EVIL storylines and Okada getting caught in that

Eh, when it matters, at the big shows & in the big matches, New Japan is frankly untouchable. Unfortunately the booking to get there blows, the undercards lack depth, even by the standards of Japanese clap crowds the shows feel dead, the handling of the unified title has been pretty shite & they keep trying to run more & more shows to make up for the limited capacity but that just means that cards are stretched even thinner with most of the foreigners not wanting to be in Japan for whatever reason. And even saying that, the big matches are basically untouchable. IMO the AEW cagematch is the only thing in the same ballpark as a bunch of matches featuring Takagi, Ospreay, Ibushi, Cobb, Okada & White.

Obviously the promotion is cold, Kenny is right, but everyone in Japan is cold, even places with good booking AND good matches. But if you wanna see good in-ring wrestling, New Japan is still the place to go watch, you've just gotta not watch everything or you'll go mad at the 5th consecutive night of some Bullet Club vs CHAOS multiman with 7 of the 8 guys in every match.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
https://twitter.com/JonMoxley/status/1435709374132011011

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/ryrynemnem/status/1435707406097416193?s=20

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Pylons posted:

Night 3 of Wrestle Kingdom.

Wait, what the gently caress is this? Night 3? At this rate, we're going to have an eternal Wrestle Kingdom, like the Treehouse of Horror where Bart forces Krusty to be on all the time.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

My incredibly lukewarm take is that one night would be better than two. Or three.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

on one hand.

on the other that is stone loving cold.

on the third separate hand.

https://twitter.com/ryrynemnem/status/1435714508639506432

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

no i'm stone cold

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Dimebags Brain posted:

Wait, what the gently caress is this? Night 3? At this rate, we're going to have an eternal Wrestle Kingdom, like the Treehouse of Horror where Bart forces Krusty to be on all the time.

Gedo has list his drat mind since listening to Dick Togo.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

I love that Mox is trying to be all stoic and cool while Eddie's in the background just acting the tit

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル
https://twitter.com/zacyuki/status/1435699173085483009 cool.

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

Rarity posted:

I love that Mox is trying to be all stoic and cool while Eddie's in the background just acting the tit

sums up their dynamic pretty succinctly

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Dimebags Brain posted:

"If you want a picture of the future (of Wrestle Kingdom), imagine a EVIL, Togo & Yujiro vs Yano, Goto & Taguchi match — forever."

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Rarity posted:

Barry Bluejeans posted:

sums up their dynamic pretty succinctly

Tony S: "Why do you goof?"
Kingston: "He is Mox. Cincinnatian. He won't goof. So I goof for him."

Davros1 fucked around with this message at 23:31 on Sep 8, 2021

punchdaily
Nov 8, 2010

Abroham Lincoln posted:

pouring one out for talking smack, far too beautiful for that company

Talking Smack is literally the reason I got back into wrestling. It was like Dark without the wrestling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Late-2016 WWE (especially SmackDown Live) was actually very good. Then Road Dogg took over as head writer for SDL the following year and everything went downhill from there; not-so-coincidentally that lead to WWE Champion Jinder Mahal.