Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

man this pandemic response of ours is really doing a number on people who weren't crack pinged

seems like this wishy washy half measure bullshit is driving people insane, we gotta pick one extreme or the other and i know which one America is picking

OPEN

BIDEN

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Loucks
May 21, 2007

It's incwedibwe easy to suck my own dick.

Epic High Five posted:

it wasn't spread on purpose, it escaped because of faulty wastewater sterilization or normal lab escape, and was covered up as it was realized when a mysterious pneumonia was cutting like a scythe through nursing homes around the fort

I don't actually think I know what happened, but the version I posted would generate top tier content, and also we would finally have a functional government as a nice bonus.

The pandemic is definitely being allowed to burn through the surplus population. Love to see case counts juxtaposed with news stories about increased automation eliminating low skill jobs. It's probably nothing. Wonder what's on TV tonight.

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

funeral is their best album and it’s not close

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

covidforever3 posted:

Americans were never going to do this. I did my part. I staid home. for 6 weeks. 8 Weeks. Years. Stop it with this loving bullshit. Your response just like every response here is loving disingenuous. Just admit that you have no response that will solve anything. Stop it with the ex-baptist calvinist judgmental bullshit. COVID contention plans in America are never going to loving work. You will never ever live life like precovid again. You can't even get loving leftists elected and you expect me to think you can handle a pandemic. gently caress off.

And someone saying earlier big concerts sucked. No gently caress you. Arcade Fire rocked all 3 times I saw them and I will never, ever, see that poo poo again. Along with a million other experiences I would like to have. I'll be stuck indoors. Looking at computer screens. I WAS RAISED LIKE THAT. I WAS FED ON THIS FORUM ON YOU. I learned and adapted TO GO OUTSIDE AND BE. SOCIAL DESPITE MY AUTISM.

And now you want to make me go back.

ADMIN - Removed content.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS PERMABANNED FOR THIS POST)

I was raised on the forums. Born here. At the time of my first post, I was only 3 days old. Told to get out of FYAD when I was only 4 days old. By 1 week old I was a moderator. Everyone feared me.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
day 500 of lockdown log:] people have begun to post arcade fire. their minds have already started to peel, revealing subtle layers of psychological instability as a result of stress induced by extreme periods of isolation

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

I saw AF at coachella 15 years ago and being high af watching some dude climb all over the stage was wild

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

When China conquers the United States, will I be allowed to live a life of dignity or will I die in the mines?

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Loucks posted:

the US government created SARS-CoV-2 in a lab at Fort Detrick and released it intentionally for reasons we will only begin to understand during the war crimes trials of US officials after China effortlessly invades and occupies the US in retaliation.

Two weeks after the Chinese invasion, the media will be saying "You can't sit in a bunker with a machine gun forever. It's time to declare the invasion endemic, and go to Olive Garden."

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

WampaLord posted:

man this pandemic response of ours is really doing a number on people who weren't crack pinged

seems like this wishy washy half measure bullshit is driving people insane, we gotta pick one extreme or the other and i know which one America is picking

OPEN

BIDEN

its amazing that people wanted a decisive president, and we warned everyone that joe biden was a wishy washy lil bitch and it made everyone so mad they voted him in to get wishy washy results that feel like he vaguely did something like improve the taste of water by spritzing lemon in another room.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
anyway here's father john misty playing an arcade fire song way better than arcade fire played it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6krmom_hjEE

Impkins Patootie
Apr 20, 2017

covidforever3 posted:

ADMIN - Removed content.

wow ive never seen that line before lol

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

i saw them over a decade ago and have no real desire to ever do so again

my shortlist of bands i'd actually bother to go see even in covid world is exceptionally short at this point

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Loucks posted:

I don't actually think I know what happened, but the version I posted would generate top tier content, and also we would finally have a functional government as a nice bonus.

The pandemic is definitely being allowed to burn through the surplus population. Love to see case counts juxtaposed with news stories about increased automation eliminating low skill jobs. It's probably nothing. Wonder what's on TV tonight.

that judge going "yeah it's 100% slam dunk that your employer killed your husband despite a dozen warnings from you, but I can't rule in your favor because it would make rich people sad. DISMISSED" was pretty tone setting

the automation stuff is just magical thinking - if the tech were actually there it would already be deployed regardless of anything else going on. Disaster capitalism is the new primary mode and it is absolutely fine with half of all small and medium businesses going under

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
neon bible whips rear end, probably gonna listen to it while it eat taco bell

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Chamale posted:

Two weeks after the Chinese invasion, the media will be saying "You can't sit in a bunker with a machine gun forever. It's time to declare the invasion endemic, and go to Olive Garden."

The one true constant we can count on in life.

Unlimited soup and breadsticks.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

holy gently caress that covidforever guy lmao

cspam is an interesting place

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa
So regarding the Deltrick conspiracy theory, just out of curiosity; is it something that could ever be confirmed by a third party besides testimony or finding a paper trail? Like if we exhumed some of the corpses that died of that mysterious respiratory illness, or found some old preserved turds or something, is there any hope? Like how long does COVID 'keep' in a body after they're dead? Is there any sort of smoking gun that could be found through forensics, or would this all be something where there would be no material evidence of that sort and if it was ever proven, it would be done so through finding government records and getting testimony from the criminals responsible?

EDIT: To clarify, I do not actually think this is the case. I feel the zoonotic transmission is still by and far the most probable and plausible explanation, and that everything the government has (not) done is perfectly in line with the fact our government is a failure and beholden to capital.

Look how little they care about us. The last 18 months have shown that most Americans are fine with mass death and that our government can kill us and no one cares. If the government wanted to get rid of excess population, they'd just loving send in the army or the pigs and have them start killing people. It would be cheaper and safer to them than this.

RoboChrist 9000 fucked around with this message at 21:14 on Sep 8, 2021

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
Berkeley has a rule that if you test negative, you aren't required to get tested for 90 days. Testing dramatically down, cases doubled after two weeks.

"Kids, we're driving into that brick wall over there. Put your seatbelt on. If you don't wear your seatbelt, it's your fault if you die in this crash. Hopefully we break through the brick wall with a still-functioning car. I've disabled the airbags because the stupidest people in the world insisted on it."

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

dang that guy is paying like $10-per-post.

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

triple sulk posted:

i saw them over a decade ago and have no real desire to ever do so again

my shortlist of bands i'd actually bother to go see even in covid world is exceptionally short at this point

same yea. I saw opeth the week before CA stay at home order last year and honestly it’s a fitting note to end my concert going days

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
nothing can be done that will stop this says the man preventing anything from happening

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Consummate Professional posted:

neon bible whips rear end, probably gonna listen to it while it eat taco bell

yeah it's very good. sprawl ii is one of the best songs they ever put out but the suburbs could have cut out like 5-6 tracks

reflektor sucks minus a couple tracks and the last album even more so

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

So regarding the Deltrick conspiracy theory, just out of curiosity; is it something that could ever be confirmed by a third party besides testimony or finding a paper trail? Like if we exhumed some of the corpses that died of that mysterious respiratory illness, or found some old preserved turds or something, is there any hope? Like how long does COVID 'keep' in a body after they're dead? Is there any sort of smoking gun that could be found through forensics, or would this all be something where there would be no material evidence of that sort and if it was ever proven, it would be done so through finding government records and getting testimony from the criminals responsible?

No samples taken from the waterwater or the nursing homes have ever been made public if they were tested for COVID-19 at all. IIRC a university in the PNW tried to test samples that tested negative for flu they had on ice from a couple months before the "official" start of spread and were told by the feds to knock it off.

So no, we won't know until a wave of declassifications in like 50 years. China went back through their own old samples and found positives as early as November (right after the World Military Games), and then told everybody about it like they did with the genome and spread patterns at the start of that year

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

like it was almost certainly zoonotic spread from bats, but memorizing the timeline and main plot beats of the Fort Detrick theory is a great way to make people race baiting about Kung Flu or lab escape or whatever really really mad

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

roger waters was gonna do the tour before covid hosed it up and if it ever happens that's something i might take a chance for because i've never seen him and i'd probably regret not ever getting to

that's about it

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

covidforever3 posted:

Americans were never going to do this. I did my part. I staid home. for 6 weeks. 8 Weeks. Years. Stop it with this loving bullshit. Your response just like every response here is loving disingenuous. Just admit that you have no response that will solve anything. Stop it with the ex-baptist calvinist judgmental bullshit. COVID contention plans in America are never going to loving work. You will never ever live life like precovid again. You can't even get loving leftists elected and you expect me to think you can handle a pandemic. gently caress off.

And someone saying earlier big concerts sucked. No gently caress you. Arcade Fire rocked all 3 times I saw them and I will never, ever, see that poo poo again. Along with a million other experiences I would like to have. I'll be stuck indoors. Looking at computer screens. I WAS RAISED LIKE THAT. I WAS FED ON THIS FORUM ON YOU. I learned and adapted TO GO OUTSIDE AND BE. SOCIAL DESPITE MY AUTISM.

ADMIN - Removed content.

lol

yeah true this is all about you

Apr 7, 2003

Get this:

Arcade Fart

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
what concert would everyone go to if they knew they would get covid?

I would see Kendrick Lamar even if it may kill me.

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة

Animal-Mother posted:

Berkeley has a rule that if you test negative, you aren't required to get tested for 90 days. Testing dramatically down, cases doubled after two weeks.

"Kids, we're driving into that brick wall over there. Put your seatbelt on. If you don't wear your seatbelt, it's your fault if you die in this crash. Hopefully we break through the brick wall with a still-functioning car. I've disabled the airbags because the stupidest people in the world insisted on it."

But...you can catch it...in the subsequent 90 days after the negative test...? :psyduck:

I think it's how stupid and cargo culted everything is that's really bumming me out.

Crunchy Black
Oct 24, 2017

by Athanatos

covidforever3 posted:

ADMIN - Removed content.

If they left the .mp3 up and removed something else lol party on garth but please don't associate your actions with this forum

(you should be buying beans tho)

Loucks
May 21, 2007

It's incwedibwe easy to suck my own dick.

Epic High Five posted:

that judge going "yeah it's 100% slam dunk that your employer killed your husband despite a dozen warnings from you, but I can't rule in your favor because it would make rich people sad. DISMISSED" was pretty tone setting

the automation stuff is just magical thinking - if the tech were actually there it would already be deployed regardless of anything else going on. Disaster capitalism is the new primary mode and it is absolutely fine with half of all small and medium businesses going under

That specific ruling played a massive role in my conclusion that the only moral path is to Admin - removed content.

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

Maderna

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Rah! posted:

lol

yeah true this is all about you

this pandemic is affecting ME

ME, the protagonist of reality!!!

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe

Thoguh posted:

Someone is very dedicated to posting today.

I appreciate being Seen and Heard

T-Paine
Dec 12, 2007

Sitting in the Costco food court unmasked, Bible in hand, reading my favorite Psalms to my five children: Abel, Bethany, Carlos, Carlos, and Carlos.

Der Meister posted:

funeral is their best album and it’s not close

yeah how is this a question

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
I was planning to take a cooking class in 2020, so that I could get some training, and possibly meet some new people who don't hang out at the bar all day.

I can wait until 2024 for that.

Apr 7, 2003

Sixteen months in and people still think they can make a forest fire or a tsunami go away by telling it that you’re tired of it.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

Sixteen months in and people still think they can make a forest fire or a tsunami go away by telling it that you’re tired of it.

I'm on round 19 of negotiations with the virus and I'm pretty hopeful that it's gonna listen to reason this time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

empty whippet box posted:

I was raised on the forums. Born here. At the time of my first post, I was only 3 days old. Told to get out of FYAD when I was only 4 days old. By 1 week old I was a moderator. Everyone feared me.