Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
what about trees

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

SMOKE TREES
SMOK E TYRES

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

what about trees

People who live near the trees want to cut them down and raise cows, because they can make money doing that and they don't give a poo poo about climate change.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Cojawfee posted:

People who live near the trees want to cut them down and raise cows, because they can make money doing that and they don't give a poo poo about climate change.

the opposite is true of the cow/tree part of the world i grew up in! (yes it is much less significant than the amazon)

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
The Nurburgring, with its many trees, is actually better for the planet than not having the world's best racetrack there would be.

ThirstyBuck
Nov 6, 2010

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

what about trees

Update thread title

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

Bape Culture posted:

SMOKE TREES
SMOK E TYRES

:hmmyes:

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Another dealer is now offering me $2,000 off MSRP for a German M340i allocation, October build.

Gonna do it!!!!!

Anybody seen Aventurin Red Metallic in person? It looks great online but I don't want it to look like Mom Subaru in person

Dravit Grey
Oxide Grey
Tanzanite Blue II

are also options available to German builds

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

I'd go red because grey BMWs are boring. Tanzanite Blue II is really nice in person but it's dark blue and dark blue is only slightly less boring.

Edit: I changed my mind use the 2 grand you saved to get an individual color.

KillHour fucked around with this message at 22:37 on Sep 8, 2021

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug
pay extra for Melbourne Red.

wait pay extra and get silver! :newlol:

Keyser_Soze fucked around with this message at 22:50 on Sep 8, 2021

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Imola red best red

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

KillHour posted:

I'd go red because grey BMWs are boring. Tanzanite Blue II is really nice in person but it's dark blue and dark blue is only slightly less boring.

Edit: I changed my mind use the 2 grand you saved to get an individual color.

Yeah... red is fun. It looks great to me but I hope it's just as fun in person, direct sun, overcast, when it's dirty, etc

Dravit looks sharp too but (for better and for worse) that's a car that's gonna blend in very well

Now the million dollar question is Interior Color

Henry Ford would approve

Clashing reds would drive me nuts

And of course Cognac gives my car the dreaded "bloody poo poo" color palette

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Red on red or red on brown is dope but Jesus Christ 65 grand is very close to base M3 money.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
[Big wink at the BFC posters] It's in the budget

Yeah it's within striking distance of a base M3, but it's a solid $20k away from any M3 I would want to own. Plus... the grill

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Dravit looks sharp too but (for better and for worse) that's a car that's gonna blend in very well

drat I need to wash my car

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Sometimes having a car that blends in is nice.

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Another dealer is now offering me $2,000 off MSRP for a German M340i allocation, October build.

Jesus christ I hate car dealers so much. Have you heard from the original dealer who screwed you?

got off on a technicality
Feb 7, 2007

oh dear

Cojawfee posted:

Sometimes having a car that blends in is nice.

This, very much. Especially if it’s going to be your primary car. But I do like the red

kill me now
Sep 14, 2003

Why's Hank crying?

'CUZ HE JUST GOT DUNKED ON!

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Gonna do it!!!!!

Anybody seen Aventurin Red Metallic in person? It looks great online but I don't want it to look like Mom Subaru in person

Dravit Grey
Oxide Grey
Tanzanite Blue II

aventurin red is a grandpa color and is much more brownish/maroon than the configurator shows.

Voltage
Sep 4, 2004

MALT LIQUOR!

Bjork Bjowlob posted:

Nice! This reminded me that I need to replace my factory undertray (E92 M3) after too many scrapes on speed bumps. Would you recommend Turner undertrays in general?

No Idea! I haven't installed it yet, but the quality looks amazing, will post a trip report of the install soon.

bergeoisie
Aug 29, 2004

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Dravit looks so much better in person (or really, in any other photo than the configurator). I was down to either Dravit Grey or Portimao Blue and given where I (and probably you?) live, I need something other than grey for the 7 months out of the year where that's all I see.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe
Tanzanite Blue is really good in person. I'll also take any excuse to post pictures of mine.

It turns purple in some light too.

kimcicle
Feb 23, 2003

bergeoisie posted:

Dravit looks so much better in person (or really, in any other photo than the configurator). I was down to either Dravit Grey or Portimao Blue and given where I (and probably you?) live, I need something other than grey for the 7 months out of the year where that's all I see.

Portimao Blue is also really good in person. The kids in my oldest kid's class all know when I come around to pick him up because "it's the cool blue one." I wouldn't blame you for taking Dravit Gray because it's pretty clean, but blue cars are pretty rad too.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
My last car was an M2c in Laguna Beach Blue so I can't do blue again. Dravit Gray, baby!!

I don't really like the colored interiors in the 3-series. They turn the whole dang thing that solid color and I don't really want a cognac door panel and dashboard

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Dravit Gray looks pretty solid in person.
https://www.bobsmithbmw.com/inventory/new-2022-bmw-4-series-m440i-xdrive-coupe-awd-2dr-car-wba13ar04nch76187/

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Bape Culture posted:

Imola red best red

:yeah:

but tanzanite blue is cool too

Crunchy Black
Oct 24, 2017

by Athanatos
has anyone who has been to a dealer recently inquired when new M2 orders are going to be available?

bergeoisie
Aug 29, 2004

kimcicle posted:

Portimao Blue is also really good in person. The kids in my oldest kid's class all know when I come around to pick him up because "it's the cool blue one." I wouldn't blame you for taking Dravit Gray because it's pretty clean, but blue cars are pretty rad too.

Yeah. I was super torn between them. I did end up going with Portimao Blue because blue cars are indeed pretty rad. And by not playing the German allocation game, we're picking it up on Saturday. I'm super jazzed.

Fuller9x
Feb 15, 2005

Gimme Milk

bergeoisie posted:

Yeah. I was super torn between them. I did end up going with Portimao Blue because blue cars are indeed pretty rad. And by not playing the German allocation game, we're picking it up on Saturday. I'm super jazzed.

It's good to be different

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Grrr, BMW put a restriction on Adaptive M Suspension. Can't add it to any cars that it isn't standard on.

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

it was harsh, my bad. i just get annoyed by greenwashing purchase decisions like this. if you want a new car that's cool, just be honest with yourself. it's very clear that incremental production of cars is bad for the environment from both a ghg and other environmental damage perspective.
It's cool, I get that too. I honestly don't care too much about having a new car. I love my 328 in spite of its many, many issues. I also don't want to keep it if it's a dumb financial decision and/or worse for the planet than buying an EV. Those are the only factors I'm looking at currently (and this is something I wouldn't be doing for a little while anyway.)

I'm actually not positive that it is the intake manifold gasket that needs replacing - just my extremely uneducated guess. Basically the car stutters and judders when I accelerate hard, and if I go soft there's a kind of "pop" stutter around 2.5k rpm. It's definitely misfiring. I figured this was bad spark plugs at first, so I replaced those, but still have the problem. I plan to take it to BPG for a diagnosis soon.

Alarbus
Mar 31, 2010

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD posted:

It's cool, I get that too. I honestly don't care too much about having a new car. I love my 328 in spite of its many, many issues. I also don't want to keep it if it's a dumb financial decision and/or worse for the planet than buying an EV. Those are the only factors I'm looking at currently (and this is something I wouldn't be doing for a little while anyway.)

I'm actually not positive that it is the intake manifold gasket that needs replacing - just my extremely uneducated guess. Basically the car stutters and judders when I accelerate hard, and if I go soft there's a kind of "pop" stutter around 2.5k rpm. It's definitely misfiring. I figured this was bad spark plugs at first, so I replaced those, but still have the problem. I plan to take it to BPG for a diagnosis soon.

Have you pulled the vanos solenoids and cleaned them?

Remove intake snorkel, use 10mm, remove solenoid clip, pull solenoid, spray with brakecleen. Dry, reinstall. It's like 10 minutes of work, and worth giving a shot. Little bits of gunk build up and they don't function as well as they should. I had it on both cars, and eventually just started cleaning them with oil changes.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
At least 50% of the BMWs in Los Angeles are Portimao Blue, sadly. It's a good color.

kronix
Jul 1, 2004

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Gonna do it!!!!!

Dravit Grey
Oxide Grey
Tanzanite Blue II

I paid ~$55k for a 2020 with a sticker of $63k with $2k loyalty credit and $1k off for going to a drive event and I think I was the third M340i in my entire city.

Also, pro-tip. Go join the BMWCCA right now and you'll get $500 off

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

kronix posted:

I paid ~$55k for a 2020 with a sticker of $63k with $2k loyalty credit and $1k off for going to a drive event and I think I was the third M340i in my entire city.

Also, pro-tip. Go join the BMWCCA right now and you'll get $500 off

drat, that's awesome!

I'm assuming you bought it new, back in 2019?

If I could tell my 2019 self one thing, "buy a new car" would probably be pretty high on the list...

rscott
Dec 10, 2009

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

drat, that's awesome!

I'm assuming you bought it new, back in 2019?

If I could tell my 2019 self one thing, "buy a new car" would probably be pretty high on the list...

Mine would be to short Boeing personally

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

Alarbus posted:

Have you pulled the vanos solenoids and cleaned them?

Remove intake snorkel, use 10mm, remove solenoid clip, pull solenoid, spray with brakecleen. Dry, reinstall. It's like 10 minutes of work, and worth giving a shot. Little bits of gunk build up and they don't function as well as they should. I had it on both cars, and eventually just started cleaning them with oil changes.
Thanks, I will give this a shot!

Crunchy Black
Oct 24, 2017

by Athanatos
holy poo poo e30 exhaust is done. Going to pick it up shortly. I handed the guy a Vibrant 1040 and a resonator at 0800 this morning and he charged me 600 to fabricate everything else from scratch and mate it to Ireland headers. Wizardry.

bergeoisie
Aug 29, 2004
I picked up our M340 today. It took way too long at the dealership and their extended warranty upsells were truly bold (their “premium package” was, I poo poo you not, a total of $20,000). I’m excited for the long drive home tomorrow along some windy roads along the coast. Also, talking with the salesman, they’re almost completely out of cars and all the orders are three months out.

I was pretty shocked how little I hate the new M3/M4 grille in person? It just feels like a slightly tackier version of the one most Lexuses have.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone