Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

FBS posted:

gently caress

Yeah, I was hoping he would sink because people would be cautious based upon last year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

YKNOW THERES ONLY ONE DIRECTION I KNOW AND THATS DRIVIN STRAIGHT TO THE NET
Alright, the Blues are going to reunite a Preds d-pair by taking Matthias Ekholm.

Arabian Jesus
Feb 15, 2008

We've got the American Jesus
Bolstering national faith

We've got the American Jesus
Overwhelming millions every day

Minnesota will select C Joe Pavelski

glynnenstein
Feb 18, 2014

The Washington Capitals select Jacob Markstrom.

Kuule hain nussivan
Nov 27, 2008

The Edmonton Oilers had a poo poo day at work and will be going to bed. They'd really appreciate it if someone would grab the player with the highest points per 60 for last season available.

That, or something funny. Dealer's choice.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Without qualifications, I think that gets you Parker Kelly. Whether that's funny or not...?

Kuule hain nussivan
Nov 27, 2008

eXXon posted:

Without qualifications, I think that gets you Parker Kelly. Whether that's funny or not...?

The Edmonton Oilers appreciate size and the kid does shoot 100%...

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

Kings select Jake Bean, defenceman

VOTE1
Aug 23, 2007

Kuule hain nussivan posted:

The Edmonton Oilers appreciate size and the kid does shoot 100%...

68% corsi with 80% D zone starts. Kids a steal.

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

I was devastated when fun-loving young star Patrik Laine was taken from the Jets, in my opinion well before his time. It's just heartbreaking, and makes me feel a little lonely.

Instead the Jets will take a talented young Danish winger who, in a different reality, might have spent a lot of time playing with Laine: Oliver Bjorkstrand.

FBS fucked around with this message at 23:12 on Sep 8, 2021

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line
eXXon is up until 8:09 EST (if I'm not wrong about your bad time zone)

then
Kuule hain nussivan
mono
shyduck

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

The Toronto Maple Leafs are historically not fond of devoting scarce resources to the goaltending department, but the available crop is quite thin. Port Huron, Michigan's Jack Campbell can be described as "adequate of late", "frequently injured", "extremely cheap pending UFA", and "one of numerous goaltender recipients of Lady Byng votes", so we're sticking with him.

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely
disturbing how this exxon seems to be tapped into the same frequency my brain is operating on, I think this is like the 4th of 5 picks where he took the highest player on my list at that position.

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely

Kuule hain nussivan posted:

The Edmonton Oilers had a poo poo day at work and will be going to bed. They'd really appreciate it if someone would grab the player with the highest points per 60 for last season available.

That, or something funny. Dealer's choice.

It's Edmonton's pick right now, based on my interpretation of these instructions and selecting what I feel is the best overall player from 2 that are basically tied, I'm picking LW Andre Burakovsky for the Oilers.

Mono is up next

morningdrew
Jul 18, 2003

It's toe-tapping-ly tragic!

Boston Bruins select Floridaman Jack Hughes!

:doh:

morningdrew fucked around with this message at 00:29 on Sep 9, 2021

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Hughes was taken 40th overall haha. Pick again.

Also drat I really wanted Pavelski. He rules.

Technetium
Oct 26, 2006

TRILOBITE TECHNICIAN
QUITE POSSIBLY GAY

Maybe he meant Luke Hughes

morningdrew
Jul 18, 2003

No definitely not :cripes:

I'll come up with another one

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

You should be given Hugh Jessiman as punishment

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

FBS posted:

I was devastated when fun-loving young star Patrik Laine was taken from the Jets, in my opinion well before his time. It's just heartbreaking, and makes me feel a little lonely.

Instead the Jets will take a talented young Danish winger who, in a different reality, might have spent a lot of time playing with Laine: Oliver Bjorkstrand.

Good pick. Another guy I hoped people would forget because Columbus.

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

Unless I've got the times wrong mono is now skipped and can pick whenever,

shyduck is up, then me, then stab

morningdrew
Jul 18, 2003

The Boston Bruins approach the podium amidst a chorus of boos and jeers and select Bryan Rust!

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Ottawa Senators select hometown boy Tim Stutzle

shyduck fucked around with this message at 15:16 on Sep 9, 2021

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

shyduck posted:

Ottawa Senators select hometown boy Tim Stutzle

Good pick. I had him at the top of my list to take this round.

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

I had Stutzle in LSL last year and he was a lot of fun

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

Need a LD and it's too drat early to make a considered pick (especially after I noticed last night that Samuel Girard was already taken), so I'm gonna take a chance on rookie Bowam Byram getting more of a look and doing better this year

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high
Phone posting so gimme Ryan Strome oh ya

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

JawKnee posted:

Need a LD and it's too drat early to make a considered pick (especially after I noticed last night that Samuel Girard was already taken), so I'm gonna take a chance on rookie Bowam Byram getting more of a look and doing better this year

Wow that's early considering the D's on board right now

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

Drafting prospects way too early is a longstanding tradition in these threads

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Calgary selects Left Winger Maxime Comtois

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

This is a tough pick in terms of who I think is likelier to be on the board in my next pick (17 from now). There are less quality players at goalie available, so I think I'll get my goalie now.

He's kind of a Hellebucyk-lite. It's only one full season, but he faced an incredibly high number of quality shots behind a miserable defense and finished the season in the 98th percentile of goal-prevention metrics league-wide. He's young, cheap, and even if he regresses a bit next year, is still one of the best young goalies.

The Devils select Calvin Petersen.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Calgary selects Left Winger Maxime Comtois

Oh you son of a....

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

YKNOW THERES ONLY ONE DIRECTION I KNOW AND THATS DRIVIN STRAIGHT TO THE NET
Ginette Reno is up until 2:34 Eastern.

Then:

VOTE1
tarbrush
WeaponX
T-Bone
CBJSprague24

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
I'll take Conor Garland. He's not well known as he's been on the Coyotes (now Canucks I guess? I didn't even know lol) but he's a young forward with good skill and finish.

Svechnikov-Hughes-Garland
Seguin

Rielly

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks

Ginette Reno posted:

I'll take Conor Garland. He's not well known as he's been on the Coyotes (now Canucks I guess? I didn't even know lol) but he's a young forward with good skill and finish.

Good physical player too. Good in battles against the board and not afraid to throw a big hit.

That's right. He, Garland, will knock you down.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
I will pick another golden Knight and go for wild Bill Karlsson. It's a centre driven league I hear

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

tarbrush posted:

I will pick another golden Knight and go for wild Bill Karlsson. It's a centre driven league I hear

So centre driven, in fact, that he was picked in Round 3. Try again :v:

FBS fucked around with this message at 20:05 on Sep 9, 2021

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Anyone who picks a player taken more than two rounds ago should suffer severe punishment.

In this case, I think the appropriate sanction is being forced to select another Karlsson.

VOTE1
Aug 23, 2007

Also jumping your turn!

Seattle is going to take Ryan Mcdonagh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
Ah poo poo, well that was a failure on every level. Must've misspelled him when I ctrl Fed