Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Unless
Jul 24, 2005

I art

SpaceCadetBob posted:

parents vaxxed?

early on, no third booster.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Joementum posted:

one of the best concerts i've been to was GY!BE in 2003 in london when efrim stopped the show mid-song and ranted about the iraq war for over a half hour

I saw kanye once and he spent literally 20 minutes - and I really mean 20 minutes, I had a stopwatch going - ranting about the media. cut off one of his own songs to do it. we left while our drugs were still going strong (was at a festival so there were other shows we could be at ) because what the gently caress.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

empty whippet box posted:

there is nothing i despise more in a live music setting than the artist on stage doing audience participation stuff. one of the worst shows i ever went to was chance the rapper because he was so busy huffing his own farts and pointing the mic at t he audience, I g uess because people closer than I was were singing along? end result is I couldn't hear any of the lyrics for the majority of the show and it was loving terrible because I went expecting acidrap and instead what I got was a bunch of jesus stuff. god it s ucked.

Yeah, there's good audience participation and then there is that poo poo. I've heard from multiple people that saw Chance across time that he is not good live.

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

Bruce Hussein Daddy posted:

Anyway, I'm sure we'll have this figured out soon. Novel virus, still learning, many such cases, cure/disease, who do we save, etc., etc.

Don't forget "at what cost".

SpaceCadetBob
Dec 27, 2012

Unless posted:

early on, no third booster.

that’s horrible. sorry.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Atrocious Joe posted:

The Hillary men are getting their boosters

adam pachinko never waits to get his treats :hai:

https://twitter.com/AdamParkhomenko/status/907129511787077632

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/Rjaellis/status/1435714749178675201?s=20

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

back the spew

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

Primpin and Pimpin posted:

Okay, I didn't go for my 3rd shot booster on Sunday like I should have. Got too much in my head about having to lie about being immunocompromised. Then I regretted it all and kept rolling things around in my head. I don't have to worry about leaving the house for any reason other than walking my dogs. Four times a day, through a shared hallway. And last week we apparently had someone pop positive somewhere in the apartment complex. So... I went for a walk this morning and dropped by the pharmacy to see if they were doing walk in vaccines. And they were. Now I am proudly sporting my second first shot of Pfizer and feeling okay for now. Just a sore arm for now, keeping it moving. Last time, for my second shot, I had insane chills that night and sweated like a motherfucker for two hours the next morning, but never popped a fever and that was it after I stopped sweating.

Tldr? Lie your rear end off, no one cares about what happens to you, get boosted.

good job, grats!

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

lol, they gave it a summary.

Syncopation
Feb 21, 2020
a rival to the Covid Tree has appeared

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1435748814099415040

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

I hope all the unvaccinated police... get sick.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Casey Finnigan posted:

Biden's approval rating has been on an extremely steep decline for most of the delta wave and yet everyone in the administration is unbothered apparently

Like idk I thought politicians were supposed to care about their approval ratings but maybe we have moved beyond that

why should they? usually only 30% or so of the population votes, just make sure your approval is the right 15-20% and you can win still

gimme that sloth juice

Lacrosse
Jun 16, 2010

>:V

super sweet best pal posted:

I usually can't stand it when people post Nate Silver content but I went to check the Twitter trend and haha wow people are dunking the poo poo out of him. Love to see it!

Edit: lmao that unsourced Covid dove quote was loving him lmaoooo

https://twitter.com/NateSilver538/status/1435710676383711233?s=20

Lacrosse fucked around with this message at 01:02 on Sep 9, 2021

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

super sweet best pal posted:

People react to public health and covid prognostications from a bookie ascended to authority status by capital

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
Oh I just realized that the MS-13 panic was conservative projection about the police.

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

If I go for the "Second 1st Shot", do I also go for the "Second 2nd Shot" two weeks after? I don't really understand the self-boosting thing but I want to be protected.

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

i like how nate silver has "not a virologist" in his twitter bio

doesnt seem to be stopping him from spewing his idiotic opinions constantly

oh youre not allowed to get mad at me for being a dipshit, i admitted i dont know what im talking about!!!

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/carlquintanilla/status/1435564295748739073?s=20

Unless
Jul 24, 2005

I art

SpaceCadetBob posted:

that’s horrible. sorry.

the kids are too young, I think, to understand it all

probably won’t be told until they’re much older, if at all

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

100 degrees Calcium posted:

If I go for the "Second 1st Shot", do I also go for the "Second 2nd Shot" two weeks after? I don't really understand the self-boosting thing but I want to be protected.

I wasn't planning on it but the WHO pissed me off and now I'm getting #4 because gently caress em

Teabag Dome Scandal
Mar 19, 2002

McNugget Buddy posted:

The only good Postal Service live performances were that radio station gig they did in 2002 or whenever

in Milwaukee? I saw them perform at MSOE with I think Cex and maybe Andrew Bird? then gibbard and cex went to the cactus club for an acoustic set and cex sang the rain by the microphones. good shows.

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

The "100 (per million)" is my favorite way to dehumanize myself and all of society.

Coldrice
Jan 20, 2006

Absolutely disgusting

mystes
May 31, 2006

Oh cool we'll just be permanently at the peak levels of "severe outcomes" from moderate-to-severe flu seasons all year long forever.

Lacrosse
Jun 16, 2010

ram dass in hell posted:

I wasn't planning on it but the WHO pissed me off and now I'm getting #4 because gently caress em

WHO pissed me off so much with that, after I'm done with my Pfizer series I might go back for a Moderna in December as my Christmas gift to myself. Gotta collect 'em all.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

Nah, I'd just stick to getting the 3rd for now. Studies have shown that provides a large amount of protection after a month.

I plan on keeping my comedy vaccination card though just in case we have to rotate shots every 4-5 months and the FDA/CDC say 8-10 months.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

I would hold onto it and get a booster in 5 more months, but keep an eye on Israel to see how things work out for them.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/JoeBiden/status/1435739980706500609?s=20

mystes
May 31, 2006

Lacrosse posted:

WHO pissed me off so much with that, after I'm done with my Pfizer series I might go back for a Moderna in December as my Christmas gift to myself. Gotta collect 'em all.
but all the WHOs down in WHOville will all cry boo-hoo

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

i cannot believe how many times theyve tweeted that

do they think anything will change if they do it for a 67th time

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

:shobon: vaccine?

Lacrosse
Jun 16, 2010

Maybe if you loving DID SOMETHING instead of scolding people from your goddamn ivory tower then maybe they wouldn't have to die!

durrneez
Feb 20, 2013

I like fish. I like to eat fish. I like to brush fish with a fish hairbrush. Do you like fish too?

I’m going to get my second-second, unsure if there’s any data, but might as well go into an arm and not the trash.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Some interesting comments here
https://twitter.com/ZubyMusic/status/1435594290294624262?s=20
https://twitter.com/mattletiss7/status/1435531344310935553?s=20
https://twitter.com/McKaylaRoseJ/status/1435673069616513025?s=20

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
that woman who coughed on shoppers got ID’ed by a band of antivax/antimask-hunting internet detectives

nomad2020
Jan 30, 2007

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

There has never been a good concert.

Concert, no. Festival, yes.

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

"oh my god its been 12 hours since joe biden tweeted about getting vaccinated, and i was so close to being convinced, too!"

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Lacrosse posted:

I usually can't stand it when people post Nate Silver content but I went to check the Twitter trend and haha wow people are dunking the poo poo out of him. Love to see it!

Edit: lmao that unsourced Covid dove quote was loving him lmaoooo

https://twitter.com/NateSilver538/status/1435710676383711233?s=20

I'm hoping the bad publicity he's getting makes twitter actually take a serious look at all the covid misinfo reports he's gotten.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mystes
May 31, 2006

Yeah we should try to eliminate influenza too.