Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Gaius Marius posted:

I'll bet you they never do. Because nut allergies they'd have to clean the muffin depositer before and after they dropped them. Granted they're supposed to do that anyway but it never happens.

My location still has almond poppy seed is our muffins so got to be location dependent.

Just like if the tire center sucks or not!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I don't like the new thread title. :colbert:

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

david_a posted:

I would look around before blindly committing to this. I have gotten tires at CostCo in the past but I won’t do it again. The tire department at my store is always utterly slammed so those rotation & balances would take forever. Discount Tire was the same price and far more convenient for me.

I got a set of tires at Costco once, and over the next 3 months I needed to replace 3 of the valve stems. And Costco charged me. Boo. I will go to a tire place next time.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
I needed to use up the last of the big jar of minced garlic so tonight I made ratatouille on roasted potatoes. For two people I ended up using two thirds of a cup of garlic. It was glorious

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

RocketLunatic posted:

The bulgogi packs in the meat section are fine, especially if you are doing a grill or camp out and have a nice cast iron skillet to get piping hot. My wife is Korean, so she thinks they are a solid deal. I don’t think she adds any extra sauce to them.

I haven’t been to the Co in a while, but a hot dog would be fine today.

My wife’s car needs new tires and we are going to think about giving the Co a shot at replacing them.

I would not. It's the one Costco experience I've seen that is consistency bad. My roommate had a new tire from Costco blow out on the freeway and when she went back with the receipt they still denied it was their fault.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
Counterpoint, I love my Costco tires and my tire shop is good.

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread
Discount Tire is the Costco of automotive

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
got the mochi ice cream and trying not to be a piggie but they're so fuckin good.

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

Got all four tires replaced at Costco on my wife's car in May or June. Not only were the prices extremely reasonable, they had quoted me 90 minutes, were done in 45, and it's been smooth sailing ever since. Would tire again.

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

It's very warehouse specific.

The shop here in North Durham is never not busy or behind. They're even often slow/busy even when swapping a battery or filling a propane tank.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Why don’t you go steal another one from someone else’s cart.

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

silicone thrills posted:

got the mochi ice cream and trying not to be a piggie but they're so fuckin good.

Good luck with that I literally can't go to Costco anymore for the next 3 months because I'll loving buy the pumpkin pie

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

My local Costco...
https://www.instagram.com/p/CTl4GrpnJTj/

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

Did the dude try and access the onions?

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

I saw a much tamer version of this the last time I went in for some random bullshit and a large pizza. I did my usual thing of put the order in then wander around the store to find the two or three things we needed at home randomly impulse buy interesting looking food and when I got back to the foot court some dude was just loving raging at the poor lady trying to pass out hotdogs. I never figured out what he was pissed about, but pretty quickly three burly as gently caress dudes came out of nowhere and basically chest-bumped this guy off to a corner where managers descended on him.

No idea if they were real security or just the three biggest box stackers they had in the back.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

bless the Costco Marshalls

Fashionably Great
Jul 10, 2008
That's some Sam's Club poo poo right there. Revoke his church membership and ship him off to where the nonbelievers gather.

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
Tapout! At The Costco

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Please respect the craft. The art.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Bum the Sad posted:

Why don’t you go steal another one from someone else’s cart.

My wording wasn't clear! I didn't steal it! I follow the CostCode! :argh:

Afterbirth Aftermath
Aug 29, 2002
Things I'm currently enjoying from Costco:

Kam Yen Jan Chinese sausage in some homemade fried rice

Four Roses small batch select, in a "shot glass" (using the glass the tiramisus came in)

minidracula
Dec 22, 2007

boo woo boo

Afterbirth Aftermath posted:

Things I'm currently enjoying from Costco:

Kam Yen Jan Chinese sausage in some homemade fried rice

Four Roses small batch select, in a "shot glass" (using the glass the tiramisus came in)
I just used those same glasses the other day to have some rye and picklebacks with a friend on the patio. 12/10 would do again.

poo poo, I almost forgot the other (possibly more important) part. The pickle juice was from Grillo's Pickles, sourced from church, currently the best pickle I can find anywhere in the area in years. I'm on my third tub in maybe as many months and that's only because there's some degree of self-control and subconscious rationing going on.

minidracula fucked around with this message at 11:54 on Sep 10, 2021

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

A few weeks ago in Costco someone's pet dog took a massive dump right in the middle of the back meat aisle. I assume service dogs are better trained and it was just someone's emotional support whatever. Pissed me off (but is also hilarious in retrospect, couldn't wait to tell my niece and nephew about it, they were giggling forever).

Currently I'm enjoying the hell out of the 5lb tubs of Adams crunchy peanut butter. I was curious so I tracked myself over the past 6 months and I'm currently killing one in just under a month average. God I love the stuff.

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

let's invade New Zealand, they have oil

Sloppy posted:

Currently I'm enjoying the hell out of the 5lb tubs of Adams crunchy peanut butter. I was curious so I tracked myself over the past 6 months and I'm currently killing one in just under a month average. God I love the stuff.

Jesus Christ, I sure hope you have a family helping you and that's not a solo effort.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
He's bulkin up!

astral
Apr 26, 2004

norp posted:

Jesus Christ, I sure hope you have a family helping you and that's not a solo effort.

Also hopefully the unsalted version; Adams tends to be heavy on it.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

As much as I love Costco this stuff sucks and isn’t worth even that price. Call it something else and maybe. But it’s not a citra ipa

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
Counterpoint, any beer $10 for a flat is good.

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

It's perfectly crushable and pretty much whips the rear end of anything at that price.

Here in Chicago, the Revolution 18 packs are about the same price, and about equally as tasty for the styles that come in that format.

If you want nice beer, splash out for it, I guess. It's a daily driver.

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

Definitely the salted peanut butter, and 98% of it is eaten by me. So good. I put it on bananas and shredded wheat mostly.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Do you just dip (and double dip) the bananas straight into the jar? This is a judgment-free zone, you can be honest

SamDabbers
May 26, 2003

I use a spoon to put a bit of peanut butter on a banana between each bite. Also I eat pb and j out of the jars with a spoon sometimes, ignoring the bread carrier completely. Peanut butter is the best.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

SamDabbers posted:

I use a spoon to put a bit of peanut butter on a banana between each bite. Also I eat pb and j out of the jars with a spoon sometimes, ignoring the bread carrier completely. Peanut butter is the best.

Somewhere out there a person who is allergic to peanut dust in the air is fuming, trying to track you down. He goes by Mr Brittle.

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Martman posted:

Do you just dip (and double dip) the bananas straight into the jar? This is a judgment-free zone, you can be honest

No, that's gross. Also a pro tip, do not use the cheap Cuisinart immersion blender Costco sells to mix your Costco peanut butter tubs. It pulverizes the nuts too much and the motor starts to smell funny after just a couple jars.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

StormDrain posted:

Somewhere out there a person who is allergic to peanut dust in the air is fuming, trying to track you down. He goes by Mr Brittle.

my guess is it's less peanut dust and more that every surface of their kitchen is covered in excess peanut/banana slime

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Some rear end in a top hat ordered 18 loving pepperoni pizzas right before I ordered my 1 pepperoni pizza. gently caress y’all that do this poo poo!

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

Huh.... Can you call in big orders like that or do you have to do it in person? Feels like a breach of the Costcode to min/max pizza catering deals like that.

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012
Please give me free quality professional advice so I can be a baby about it and insult you
Panic at the Costco!

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006
You absolutely can call in those orders, and the Costco food court employees very much prefer that you do so rather than showing up unannounced and ordering 18 pizzas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CaptainCrunch
Mar 19, 2006
droppin Hamiltons!
I went in for a flat of Coke Zero and a jar of 505 and came out with them and one of those Ninja air fryer ovens.

Costco strikes again, I mean PBUC!