Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

Lacrosse posted:

Maybe if you loving DID SOMETHING instead of scolding people from your goddamn ivory tower then maybe they wouldn't have to die!

he’s letting chuds die

can u argue with that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Mr. Pizza posted:

DO SOMETIING

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

There's something intensely sad about a teenager wearing an AC/DC hoodie

No wonder she wants to die

gen z ironically wears 90s garb

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Guess what product this warning is attached to.

:thunk:

Nocturtle
Mar 17, 2007

brugroffil posted:

I haven't been paying attention for a couple of weeks what's the latest on Pfizer kids submittal

Pfizer might apply end of Sept or October. FDA spends some time reviewing the data, the current dragging out of the booster decision does not suggest they'll be speedy. Maybe an EUA for 5-11 years old by November, in principal they can be fully immune before 2022 against WT oops.

Of course who knows, maybe they find the efficacy is much lower against Delta and/or the adverse effect rate higher and nothing gets approved. Lots of kids will likely get infected before November anyway.

Semi-related:

quote:

Mayor de Blasio pledges outreach to families who sit out in-person classes due to COVID, but doesn’t rule out child welfare involvement

By MICHAEL ELSEN-ROONEY
NEW YORK DAILY NEWS
SEP 08, 2021 AT 6:06 PM

Mayor de Blasio pledged Wednesday to use a soft touch with families fearful of the coronavirus who keep kids at home when in-person classes resume next week — but didn’t rule out the possibility of involving child welfare investigators if absences drag on.

“If, in the beginning of a school year, a parent is not ready, we’re going to keep talking to them, we’re going to keep trying to convince them,” de Blasio said. “If that goes on for a while, then that’s a different scenario.”
They're on to my "call my kid in sick until the vaccine's available" plan!

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

sorry i don't make the rules

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

I dunno what’s bno news with you

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Cup Runneth Over posted:

all my Internet acquaintances are popping positive, lmao

my approach to covid is my opinion on sex, negative :grin:

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Stereotype posted:

sorry i don't make the rules

SpaceCadetBob
Dec 27, 2012

Nocturtle posted:

Pfizer might apply end of Sept or October. FDA spends some time reviewing the data, the current dragging out of the booster decision does not suggest they'll be speedy. Maybe an EUA for 5-11 years old by November, in principal they can be fully immune before 2022 against WT oops.

Of course who knows, maybe they find the efficacy is much lower against Delta and/or the adverse effect rate higher and nothing gets approved. Lots of kids will likely get infected before November anyway.

I'm hoping that i'll be able to convince my Pediatrician to dose my 5 year old as soon as the data is officially able to be reviewed by the public. I ain't waiting no loving 2 months for the FDA to get off its rear end if the test data is even remotely risk-positive.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
NSW has been hovering around 1400 new cases for the past few days instead of exploding exponentially, so now's the time to announce PATHWAY TO FREEDOM

https://twitter.com/NSWHealth/status/1435774751847305222?s=20

NSW is currently 42.68% double jabbed and been getting the lion's share of vaccine supply (while scomo talks poo poo about the rest of the state's low numbers)

Mr. Pizza
Oct 5, 2009

nothin much

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

president of a bank speaking through a blood soaked peter thiele vampire veil casually announcing new baseline mortality level of covid-19 our owners are prepared to accept as a baked-in cost of doing business new normal like the ceo of Tyson announcing a 13% loss of quarterly chicken breast product by gross weight nationwide due to antibiotic-resistant bacteria infection resulting of mass culling of livestock, unfortunate, however we project the next generation of livestock produced to have some degree of inherited herd immunity, so growth is projected over the next 7 fiscal quarters, [... trailing off into bullhorn whitenoise]

Frances Nurples
May 11, 2008

Platystemon posted:

hmm why though?

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

I just loving want to scream

My school district is already facing bus shortages, the elementary school has one person in quarantine. Rereading the back to school notice apparently following CDC guidance any asymptomatic vaccinated individuals are able to just keep opening Biden because you don't spread the roni.

On the plus side, the adapter fron etsy came yesterday so I now have a p100 filter on the exhale part of my Honeywell. Just waiting until the last possible second before I have to shave it off and go full resp krew.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

ram dass in hell posted:

president of a bank speaking through a blood soaked peter thiele vampire veil casually announcing new baseline mortality level of covid-19 our owners are prepared to accept as a baked-in cost of doing business new normal like the ceo of Tyson announcing a 13% loss of quarterly chicken breast product by gross weight nationwide due to antibiotic-resistant bacteria infection resulting of mass culling of livestock, unfortunate, however we project the next generation of livestock produced to have some degree of inherited herd immunity, so growth is projected over the next 7 fiscal quarters, [... trailing off into bullhorn whitenoise]

TBH if COVID did drop to those levels I think we would pretty much just accept it. Notice the statement says nothing about thinking we will actually get to that level anytime soon.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Frances Nurples posted:

hmm why though?

Because going maskless is a-okay. But wearing a mask with a respirator valve is evil and self centered.

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

40,000 additional deaths a year, forever. That's the Covid Is Over plan.

Penisaurus Sex
Feb 3, 2009

asdfghjklpoiuyt
good news, in 10 years progressive gestalt immunity progress and the rising calamity of climate change means you won’t have any mental capacity or energy left to worry about Covid.

5 if we’re lucky.

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

This part, the mass surrender of the lives of the most vulnerable into the maw of open biden it's endemic let's live with the virus and whoever dies deserved it or was weak, this is the end goal of American auschtwitz that the white supremacist takeover was all for, as stephen miller envisioned. this is his ultimate victory, his vision accomplished, we as a society are not just allowing the purge of our society's most vulnerable, we are enabling and contributing to it with our simple going about our "normal" daily lives in participation with American capitalism as "normal", which it is, with the slight difference that the most vulnerable among us are dead and our landlord, if we are lucky enough to still have one, is a common now. oh, but snl this week was okay, and I got a job converting my labor energy mostly into sending jeff bezos into space, do wygd

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

Chamale posted:

i mean we do it every year with the flu so yeah, basically

Jabronie
Jun 4, 2011

In an investigation, details matter.

i predict the logic next year is

2020 had peaks like this with "lockdown"
2021 had peaks like this with no lockdown
ergo 2022 will be better

Silver Nitrate
Oct 17, 2005

WHAT

Platystemon posted:

It’s probably because of the valve.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

decided to repaint skull mask so that it blended together better

Steve Yun fucked around with this message at 03:28 on Sep 9, 2021

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

Chamale posted:

Lavos ending. We got the bad one. Sorry folks. Miller ended up positioning the senile aw shucks segregationist guy to be the one stuck pressing the button, and then creepy uncle joe threw the least important of us into the volcano so that the number could grow. Don't ask how we decided who was least important. Hunter Biden's painting's, incidentally, sell for $500,000 each.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Jabronie posted:

i predict the logic next year is

2020 had peaks like this with "lockdown"
2021 had peaks like this with no lockdown
ergo 2022 will be better

It is cost benefit analysis. Every crisis gets one. May 2020 it was determined the cost was to great to lockdown so we opened up. The loss of the excess human capital that is dying is fine since those dying take up more value than they contribute.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Steve Yun posted:

that's bad rear end

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Frances Nurples posted:

hmm why though?

death

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

Platystemon posted:

lmao

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
In 2020 we locked down because we were worried covid might be what the delta strain is.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
we only locked down in 2020 because it was a huge middle finger to donald trump, who people hated

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Salt Fish posted:

In 2020 we locked down because we were worried covid might be what the delta strain is.

And we were worried it would be SARS 1 fatal.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Frances Nurples posted:

hmm why though?

I don’t know. Maybe the manager’s been reading too many CDC pages about how exhalation valves are bad or N95 masks should be reserved for healthcare workers. That, and honest folks doing home improvement projects, obviously. God forbid people use certified respirators to protect themselves from a deadly respiratory pathogen (that isn’t spread by racoon poo poo).

This was at an independent hardware store in a jurisdiction with a mask mandate.

They had madly overpriced elastomeric half-masks, fifty bucks for a 3m 6502. I don’t even think it was a QL. It did come with filters, but whatever, that’s like a ten dollar value.

Platystemon fucked around with this message at 03:31 on Sep 9, 2021

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Der Meister posted:

gen z ironically wears 90s garb

AC/DC hoodies are 70s garb

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Steve Yun posted:

Do not become addicted to lockdowns, it will take hold of you and you will resent its absence.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/h...2e6229bc0337606

pfizer approached libs in june 2020, libs delayed until 5 months later. didn't even respond to emails 11 days lmao. could've got a bunch of people vaccinated and the NSW/vic outbreaks would have been massively curbed.

also:

quote:

The LNP is all about helping out themselves & their mates. They had mates in AZ Australia, the head of which being John Howard's former chief of staff, as well as mates in CSL (plus government ministers loading up their stock portfolios with CSL shares).

Greg wasn't incompetent, he was purposefully corrupt - CSL and AZ Australia were to be given monopoly control over Australia's vaccine supplies (at nearly 10x more per dose compared to European prices), and all other pharmaceutical companies were to be excluded. And honestly, it nearly worked out for them, until a very dangerous blood clotting disease was linked to the AZ vaccine.

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

poo poo POST MALONE posted:

uh isn't the mayor of Portland the de facto chief of police?

Ted Wheeler doesn't believe in telling the police what they can and can't do.

Helith
Nov 5, 2009

Basket of Adorables

NSW Reff is below 1 for the first time, it's at 0.96 today
https://twitter.com/profesterman/status/1435780032564060167

Also good news for Vic as their Reff keeps dropping
https://twitter.com/profesterman/status/1435743160768950275

Nocturtle
Mar 17, 2007

Was reading the Wikipedia article on yellow fever for some reason and this part stuck out in the context of "learning to live with the virus":

quote:

Early history Edit
The evolutionary origins of yellow fever most likely lie in Africa, with transmission of the disease from nonhuman primates to humans.[65][66] The virus is thought to have originated in East or Central Africa and spread from there to West Africa. As it was endemic in Africa, local populations had developed some immunity to it. When an outbreak of yellow fever would occur in an African community where colonists resided, most Europeans died, while the indigenous Africans usually developed nonlethal symptoms resembling influenza.[67] This phenomenon, in which certain populations develop immunity to yellow fever due to prolonged exposure in their childhood, is known as acquired immunity.[68] The virus, as well as the vector A. aegypti, were probably transferred to North and South America with the importation of slaves from Africa, part of the Columbian exchange following European exploration and colonization.[citation needed]

COVID isn't as bad as yellow fever, but a possible outcome of it becoming endemic could be a similar situation where most people experience it as a bad cold while vulnerable/immune-naive people have a chance of getting a severe case. OTOH the yellow fever vaccine seems to provide permanent protection while the COVID vaccines ... not so much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
the police are just an uncontrollable militia, no one can make them do anything if they don't want to. they are like regional warlords. they'll gladly murder politicians or really anyone who makes them mad, a thing they do often and with impunity.
they are incredibly dangerous and "defunding" them is the compromise solution.