Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

quote:

The injured officer was found on the ground suffering a head wound and was taken to hospital.

Three canine units were deployed to the area around the park, while a Victoria fire response vessel, a Coast Guard vessel and a navy dive vessel scoured the Gorge waterway and Victoria’s upper harbour for the assailant.

Forensic investigators were on scene to process evidence Friday morning, while patrol officers conducted a grid search of the park area.

how many missing and murdered indigenous women are we up to these days?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rockstar Massacre
Mar 2, 2009

i only have a crazy life
because i make risky decisions
from a position of
unreasonable self-confidence
aww, they got tackled and elbowed? poo poo last time I made it it to the club I also got tackled and elbowed (and more) and that was just part of the fun, if that's too hot for a cop maybe they should be bagging my groceries instead.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
mom and dad fight a lot, this is some weak trolling and I would like you to cut it out

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
so mom and dad either is a cop or has one in their immediate family lol

Rockstar Massacre
Mar 2, 2009

i only have a crazy life
because i make risky decisions
from a position of
unreasonable self-confidence
I've been assaulted and had friends assaulted with way more certain danger and detail than that Victoria cop and nobody pulled the boats out over it.

police need less funding and resources because they only use what they have to protect themselves first and private property second.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

vyelkin posted:

mom and dad fight a lot, this is some weak trolling and I would like you to cut it out

Oh hey we have a mod sweet

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

loving figure it out yourself, don't use that slur anymore, you dumb fuckbag

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

Mameluke posted:

so mom and dad either is a cop or has one in their immediate family lol

Ad homs are rude

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

even if cops were being murdered for being uniformed officers lol who gives a poo poo, they can just stop being cops if they don't want that risk.

"A bloo bloo bloo the job i voluntarily signed up for because it appeals to me and am financially compensated for has risk to it bloo bloo" gently caress off.

The people most likely to murder me are;
-myself
-my partner
-cops

but yeah it really sucks that like one in ten thousand cops get hurt on the job

Virtual Russian
Sep 15, 2008

I feel like maybe some gunman might have gone nuts and killed a ton of people in the maritimes recently, possibly with deep and suspicious connections to the aforementioned honest hardworking police. I definitely was more inclined to like the RCMP after they clearly also tried to cover that up and hide info from the public.

ALso the constant trickle of unarmed indigenous people that keep getting shot at wellness checks.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
https://mobile.twitter.com/goldsbie/status/1435805679122583554

crown him

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011
https://twitter.com/goldsbie/status/1435797440737710090

?? what exactly was this event and was it being organized by far right interns in the media or something?

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Oops! all Rebel news questions

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Food delivery is a much more dangerous job than being a Police Officer.

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

If you count them all, this sentence has exactly seventy-two characters.

vyelkin posted:

What are you gonna do? Arrest me?

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

MonsieurChoc posted:

Food delivery is a much more dangerous job than being a Police Officer.

A lot loving quicker, too.

Give the delivery drivers guns and i'll call them when someone's doing dirt. That way when they show up long after the dudes left at least i get pizza.

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

Powershift posted:

A lot loving quicker, too.

Give the delivery drivers guns and i'll call them when someone's doing dirt. That way when they show up long after the dudes left at least i get pizza.

Skip the pork

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

mila kunis posted:

https://twitter.com/goldsbie/status/1435797440737710090

?? what exactly was this event and was it being organized by far right interns in the media or something?

LIbErALs ConTRoL ThE mEDiA!!!

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
:tinfoil: rebel news is a liberal rag :tinfoil:

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

mom and dad fight a lot posted:

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

If you count them all, this sentence has exactly seventy-two characters.
Maybe if the mods weren't full of pedophiles and wifebeaters, people would have more trust in them.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

were you looking for an argument?

Virtual Russian
Sep 15, 2008

Has another contender for thread rear end in a top hat thrown their hat into the ring? It has been a few weeks...

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
post your t4

Normy
Jul 1, 2004

Do I Krushchev?

Imagine trusting an article about the police when the only source is the police at a time when the police are particularly concerned with their public image

Isizzlehorn
Feb 25, 2010

:lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick:

How the gently caress in TYOOL 2021 does every single candidate need to take and answer a question from Rebel Media?

The first and only response should've been "Who let you in?" followed by security.

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011
reading my riding's ndp guy's policies

"New Democrats believe that the dream of homeownership shouldn’t be forever out of reach for Canadian families. That’s why we will re-introduce 30-year terms to CMHC insured mortgages on entry-level homes for first time home buyers. This will allow for smaller monthly payments, freeing up funds to help make ends meet for young families"

this is literally like the way car dealerships try to suck you into going more into debt. the problem with canadian housing is that people aren't indebted for long enough

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011
Housing Supply

Create 500,000 affordable housing units, or more, over the next 10 years, with half done in the next 5 years; Set up dedicated "fast-start funds" for building co-op, social, and non-profit housing; Provide federal land for housing projects; Waive GST/HST on construction of affordable rental units.

In order to kick-start the construction of co- ops, social and non-profit housing and break the logjam that has prevented these groups from accessing housing funding, we will set up dedicated fast-start funds to streamline the application process and help communities get the expertise and assistance they need to get projects off the ground now, not years from now. We’ll mobilize federal resources and lands for these projects, turning unused and under-used properties into vibrant new communities.

A New Democrat government will also spur the construction of affordable homes by waiving the federal portion of the GST/HST on the construction of new affordable rental units – a simple change that will help get new units built faster and keep them affordable for the long term.

ctrl+f public housing no results

looks like its giveaways to private developers then.

Virtual Russian
Sep 15, 2008

To solve the problem housing must become cheaper. That cannot be allowed.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Housing price increases will continue until affordability improves.

Virtual Russian
Sep 15, 2008

Powershift posted:

Housing price increases will continue until affordability improves.

FormaldehydeSon
Oct 1, 2011

Maybe if the mods weren't full of pedophiles and wifebeaters, people would have more trust in them.

:hmmyes:

enki42
Jun 11, 2001
#ATMLIVESMATTER

Put this Nazi-lover on ignore immediately!

I think all the parties refuse to deal with Rebel News at this point, right? NDP definitely does, even the tories refused to deal with them under Scheer.

I'm sure the PPC and Rebel News are best buds, but other than that thankfully everyone is at least a little sane and won't deal with them at all.

(fun fact, my work was about to take on Rebel news as a customer thanks to my completely oblivious co-workers who had no idea whatsoever that they were controversial. canadaland is one of our other big customers, so i'm sure that would have gone over gangbusters with them).

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

(USER WAS ABANDONED OUTSIDE SASKATOON FOR THIS POST)

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

lol

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

infernal machines posted:

so the thing about putting on a uniform is it marks you as one of the group the uniform represents. if that group has persistent and ongoing issues with people who abuse their power, there is no differentiating them from the ones who are honestly doing their best to help in their community.

as long as there are bad cops, there can't be any good cops, because they all look the same. and the police are the only organization capable of fixing that problem, and, well, here we are.

if police officers have a problem with how they're viewed by the communities they serve, they can either try to address that issue or take off the uniform.

"why are people upset with me when i wear my 3rd reich uniform!? its just a uniform"

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

yo in response to the person who was confused on why someone would throw things at a CF recruter please read a book. Preferably Canada in the World or The Black Book of Canadian Forign Policy and then you too would throw bricks :)

DirtyRobot
Dec 15, 2003

it was a normally happy sunny day... but Dirty Robot was dirty

Police wrongdoing should absolutely be called out, especially by other cops.
hahahahahahaha

DirtyRobot
Dec 15, 2003

it was a normally happy sunny day... but Dirty Robot was dirty
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-QfdHPoU300

I've got a bone to pick with you
not so friendly boys in blue
you come out of the station
and into the street
and everybody beats
a hasty retreat

Well it was late one Friday
I'm a little bit wrecked
you're on your way to serve and protect
you buzz out of a cruiser
like bees from a hive
and ask me if I want to
go for a drive

go for a drive?

That's why I'm riding on
the Cherry Beach Express
my ribs are broken
and my face is in a mess
and I made all my statements
under duress

52 Division
handcuffed to a chair
I'm joining the lineup
to fall down the stairs
I tell you I'm innocent
I try to explain
we're just making sure
you don't do it again

do what again?

That's why you're riding on
the Cherry Beach Express
your ribs are broken
and your face is in a mess
and we strongly suggest you confess!

I confess I'm mystified
by the way you're occupied
I confess I'm horrified
why are you so terrified?
does the pain get any less
if I confess

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

I know you think you're clever here, but some moderators on a website you have to voluntarily sign up for (and pay money to do so) being bad isn't a great comparisons to cops who can enter my home and murder me, and face zero consequences.