Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ralph Crammed In
May 11, 2007

Let's get clean and smart

Thanks for the replies, it's reassuring. I googled it and every website is basically "idk, maybe, it's possible but we haven't got any studies to back it up :shrug:"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
in the room where you sleep
Weirdly my periods since the J&J shot have gotten more tolerable.

CherryCola
Apr 15, 2002

'ahtaj alshifa
My period got here yesterday. I was thinking about going out and doing a thing, but I think I might just lay immobile on my couch for the rest of the drat day.

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

CherryCola posted:

My period got here yesterday. I was thinking about going out and doing a thing, but I think I might just lay immobile on my couch for the rest of the drat day.

:hmmyes: This is the correct choice

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer

xcheopis posted:

Just tears, at random. Infuriating.

I couldn't find the loving deodorant or superglue at the store today and got teary. I actually cried when I found the latter and kept trying to read the ingredients.

Oh boy guess who's coming to town soon.

CherryCola
Apr 15, 2002

'ahtaj alshifa

Poo In An Alleyway posted:

:hmmyes: This is the correct choice

I actually ended up going out until 2 am. However I got some Kratom and I think it helped my cramps somewhat. Today I’m largely immobile, though.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
Do period underwear really work? Cause reviews are mixed and I can't justify $80 for underwear when I'd need half a dozen pairs if you need to swap them every 4 loving hours because no one works 8 hour shifts right?

CherryCola
Apr 15, 2002

'ahtaj alshifa
i found this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vG9o9m0LsbI

femcastra
Apr 25, 2008

If you want him,
come and knit him!
Packing for a weekend away at my in-laws’ farm and check my cycle calendar. Will probably start and have my lift doors from the Shining days while I’m there. Joy.

Super Librarian
Jan 4, 2005

I love it when I'm like "wow, I'm crying over some minor slight, maybe my anxiety meds aren't working anymore" and then my period starts early two days later

wait no, I hate it

angry emu
Aug 25, 2011

Similarly, was wondering why I was suddenly so depressed for no loving reason and my stupid period app was like "it's almost time!"

coronatae
Oct 14, 2012

staring at the last row of active birth control pills in the packet going "son of a bitch that's why"

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
For me it's 1) hour-long bouts of black despair and 2) wondering if I took my adhd meds because they don't seem to be working. Then period arrives, explaining it all.

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

I still haven't had a period since the really bad one I had back in June.

Need some advice on the current state of my blood-flood if anyone might have suggestions for home remedies.

Brutal overshare incoming:
I'm 34 and my periods have been fairly infrequent since I had my Jaydess IUD removed a couple years ago. Before I got the IUD, my periods were regular, like clockwork, but would be incredibly painful and heavy, especially on Day 1, eventually tapering off to a light flow with no discomfort by Day 3. Since the IUD was taken out though, there could be weeks where all I'll see is maybe 3 or 4 days of light spotting then nothing until the next month, or weeks where there's a heavy flow that abruptly stops. This month is a loving doozie though: Since Friday night it's been a constant stream that completely saturates the pad from top to bottom within 2 or 3 hours, it's not slowing down at night, I was crippled all day Saturday with stabbing pains in my lower abdomen that haven't been this unbearable since I was in my early 20's, and the clots are the largest I've ever seen in my loving life.

My husband keeps telling me to call a doctor about it because it's clearly not loving normal, but I have a hunch that my weight (I'm not small but I wouldn't say I'm huge by any means either) will be used as a hand-wave excuse by the doctor for why it's happening and I'll be told to just deal with it until I'm not fat anymore.

I've only had like 2 days of spotting maybe two weeks ago but that's been it. Something's clearly wrong but the fact that they couldn't find anything during a pelvic ultrasound and a vaginal probe scan is making me kinda worried to say the least.

Stoca Zola
Jun 28, 2008

Spent last week feeling bleak and doing nothing, spent this week getting heaps of chores done while ugly-crying and watching someone play through Hollow Knight. Boobs weren't sore at all, only one small chin zit, never saw it coming. Thanks, hormones! Edit (the crying is because Hollow Knight is sad in parts)

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

https://twitter.com/UrsulaV/status/1431301552157904896?s=20

This thread is a journey.

Of pain.

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

oh no

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

I still haven't had a period since the really bad one I had back in June.

I've only had like 2 days of spotting maybe two weeks ago but that's been it. Something's clearly wrong but the fact that they couldn't find anything during a pelvic ultrasound and a vaginal probe scan is making me kinda worried to say the least.

Could it be early menopause? I suggest you try to talk to another doctor.

Emily Spinach
Oct 21, 2010

:)
It’s 🌿Garland🌿!😯😯😯 No…🙅 I am become😤 😈CHAOS👿! MMMMH😋 GHAAA😫

I saw those when I was looking at postpartum pad options. I just don't understand it.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

I happen to like the "traumatically brisk" feeling of Dr. Bronner's peppermint soap. It's like a vulva Altoid. :colbert: Of course, I like rinsing it off too.

also, yay, another Ursula on the internet :unsmith:

xcheopis
Jul 23, 2003

YeahTubaMike posted:

I happen to like the "traumatically brisk" feeling of Dr. Bronner's peppermint soap. It's like a vulva Altoid. :colbert: Of course, I like rinsing it off too.

also, yay, another Ursula on the internet :unsmith:

If you have not yet read Digger (http://diggercomic.com/blog/2007/02/01/wombat1-gnorf/), then I urge you to do so.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
Yaaaaayyyy my period finally started so now I can schedule my vacation trip properly! :dance:

Booooo I have my period :smithicide:

TeachesOfPeaches
Jan 25, 2019

coronatae posted:

staring at the last row of active birth control pills in the packet going "son of a bitch that's why"

coronatae
Oct 14, 2012

got that bitchin low-grade fever, perfect for a hot fuckin' night

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
Heads up y’all, I’m gonna make an abortion thread in a few hours, cause I’d have it here but like, that wouldn’t make sense? They’re two different things! But yeah! Please do post (when I make it)

E: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3978818

YeahTubaMike posted:

vulva Altoid.

Oh that’s a username

teen witch fucked around with this message at 18:46 on Sep 8, 2021

Ayin
Jan 6, 2010

Have a great day.
Two weeks until my extended-cycle period and I've been spotting and pissed all day :mad:

AbstractBlacksmith
Mar 26, 2013
Clue app: you’ll start tomorrow
My uterus: lol how about right now

No calendar can contain the might of my cycle. At least that explains some of the horrid fatigue I’ve had?

coronatae
Oct 14, 2012

woke up at 4:30 this am bc I was cramping so hard :c00lbutt:

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
45 days this time and it's exploded out of me on the day I have to go to the dentist. loving amazing.

Classic Comrade
Dec 24, 2012

(hair tousled from head shaking during speeches)
pms is different for me now that ive been on testosterone for a few months; before it was maybe getting upset more easily and getting crampy. now it feels like the energy is being sucked from my body and i just want to lay in bed forever

also crampy

AbstractBlacksmith
Mar 26, 2013
Good god today was rough. It’s like every symptom decided to hit at once. Hot/cold flashes, fatigue, mega cramps, loss of concentration, spiked emotions, etc.

I’m in my mid 30s I don’t wanna do this for another couple of decades. Plus I am in TX so I’m super not pleased with being a uterus-owner right now. I’m not ever gonna use it, I want it gone :/

CherryCola
Apr 15, 2002

'ahtaj alshifa
Hmmm I wonder if I’m hormonal

*cries like three separate times during an episode of Lucifer*

Haha yeah

Doll House Ghost
Jun 18, 2011

I accidentally bought some pads with like peppermint or some other cooling poo poo while in China and you know what? They were actually pretty nice in a heatwave.

coronatae
Oct 14, 2012

:eyepop: give me the mentholated pads

Ralph Crammed In
May 11, 2007

Let's get clean and smart

I would think that peppermint infused pads would sting.

Doll House Ghost
Jun 18, 2011

Nah, it was mild enough that they just gave a lil' cooling effect, no sting. Probably not great for overall vaginal balance long term, but for a few days it was pleasant.

CherryCola
Apr 15, 2002

'ahtaj alshifa
Update: sobbed for the entirety of the Lucifer finale even though it was SO DUMB AND CHEESY.

Classic Comrade
Dec 24, 2012

(hair tousled from head shaking during speeches)
lmao just saw the title change

its the truth!!!! its always also crampy (i have way more energy today too! yet the cramps remain)

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

My tits hurt. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stoca Zola
Jun 28, 2008

Post pfizer period: didn't see it coming despite the zits, sore tits and grim mood. It's two weeks early!