Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

raspurtin posted:

what kind of a furniture is this desk/chair/cat bed thing?

it's this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barry Soteriology
Mar 1, 2020

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

Hot Karl Marx posted:

They also taste like rear end

don't smoke em, vape em :ssh:

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

vaping low quality shake honestly tastes worse than smoking it imo

however breaking up those fancy, expensive oil-drizzled pre-rolls to vape is another story

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

tmfc posted:

vaping low quality shake honestly tastes worse than smoking it imo

however breaking up those fancy, expensive oil-drizzled pre-rolls to vape is another story

if it's just untrimmed bud, it's basically fine to vape (and puts hair on your chest to smoke) but I agree that genuine bottom-of-the-bag shake sucks for everything other than extractions

there's probably also a curing factor that fits into everything. stale rear end/poorly cured bud sucks no matter what way you slice it. if anyone feels like their weed is combusting too fast or crumbles when they touch it I'd deffo reccomend trying humidity packs. very small fraction of the cost of weed for a big gain in quality

Marzzle has issued a correction as of 22:23 on Sep 3, 2021

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

yeah those Boveda packs have rejuvenated some dry-rear end weed more than once for me before. also highly recommend

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

The First Rites of Men Were Mortuary, the First Altars Tombs.

I've added the packs as recommended:

I also throw smell proof mylar bags over them so there's no sun hitting the glass.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

My old kitchen torch broke and so I got a new stick style torch and it's real nice for dynavaping :)

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

The Demilich posted:

I've added the packs as recommended:

I also throw smell proof mylar bags over them so there's no sun hitting the glass.

:popeye:

Lovelyn
Jul 8, 2008

Eat more beans
I miss buying 200mg capsules for like $10/pop in WA back when medical were a thing. Is there any way for me to recreate that joy? I buy ounces of flower now and make edibles but they taste like rear end so I have to force myself to eat enough to dissociate

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

:jpmf:

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

Lovelyn posted:

I miss buying 200mg capsules for like $10/pop in WA back when medical were a thing. Is there any way for me to recreate that joy? I buy ounces of flower now and make edibles but they taste like rear end so I have to force myself to eat enough to dissociate

the med market was the best for getting absolutely trash weed for stupid cheap and blasting it into bho, and then using the hash. if you have appropriate space its not too expensive to get a glass blasting tube and some bho cans and do an open blast extraction. you can further purify the bho with a vac chamber (recommended) or winterization or a bunch of other things i haven't tried but probably work too, but if you're cooking idk if any of it is really necessary.

HOW TO USE GLASS EXTRACTOR TUBES AND NOT BLOW YOURSELF UP
last part is critical lmao, but im sure you are plenty technical to wade through this process.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

Lovelyn posted:

You could fill capsules with RSO. Not sure if you could get 200mg of THC in one capsule, though.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Lovelyn posted:

why don’t you just make better edibles? simple!
but for real, if you’re struggling with making good tasting stuff using flower, it should be possible to make candy with concentrate

i am harry has issued a correction as of 16:38 on Sep 5, 2021

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

Delta-Wye posted:

the med market was the best for getting absolutely trash weed for stupid cheap and blasting it into bho, and then using the hash. if you have appropriate space its not too expensive to get a glass blasting tube and some bho cans and do an open blast extraction. you can further purify the bho with a vac chamber (recommended) or winterization or a bunch of other things i haven't tried but probably work too, but if you're cooking idk if any of it is really necessary.

HOW TO USE GLASS EXTRACTOR TUBES AND NOT BLOW YOURSELF UP
last part is critical lmao, but im sure you are plenty technical to wade through this process.

safer and simpler option (no solvents, no risk of an exploding canister of butane, etc.) is to just get a rosin press. expensive upfront and you need the space for it, but the benefit here is that you can press whatever you want, whether it's shake or sifted top shelf kief

possible drawbacks are that your end product is gonna taste like an amplified version of whatever you put in because this process preserves the terpene profile of the material (so, top shelf bud/kief will press into delicious rosin; gross shake will press into similar-tasting rosin) and the yield per press is probably a lot lower compared to doing a single big batch of BHO. but like check this out it's incredible:

incredible kief rosin: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuPJbiLQrAg

kinda lovely shake/trim rosin (this dude should have frozen the material and sifted all the kief off and pressed that, but still, pretty big yield here): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HXacJEKlj6Y

dispensaries sell this as "live sauce" or "live resin" etc. and this is also the basis for the fancy "badder"/"budder" concentrates. for those they continuously stir huge batches of rosin for a long time at a low temp to aerate it and give it the batter-like texture

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

okay yeah i can see how this process (BHO blasting) is pretty straightforward and inexpensive, i had never looked into it before: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tn6TJcpiq9c

still, the rosin press is nice because you don't have to blast an accelerant all over your weed to get the oil lol

Barry Soteriology
Mar 1, 2020
stolen from osha thread

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

taking a tolerance break for at least a week, for real this time

out of weed and money for weed

been a daily user for a few years now... i.e. since the last time i took a prolonged tolerance break lmao

wish me luck

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

first couple days will suck but it gets better fast, goonspeed :patriot:

elaboration
Feb 21, 2020

elaboration has issued a correction as of 14:54 on Nov 30, 2023

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
mail day!

the pax is a warranty replacement. loving how tiny the potv one is, it easily fits in the palm of my hand.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

:jpmf:

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

tmfc posted:

taking a tolerance break for at least a week, for real this time

out of weed and money for weed

been a daily user for a few years now... i.e. since the last time i took a prolonged tolerance break lmao

wish me luck

enjoy the crazy dreams

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

The First Rites of Men Were Mortuary, the First Altars Tombs.

I've been high for 4 days now.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

The Demilich posted:

I've been high for 4 days now.

hell yeah

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

500 good dogs posted:

enjoy the crazy dreams

i actually got past the tolerance threshold of "using weed makes you dream less/not remember your dreams" and i always have hosed up dreams, usually involving dead friends, so this is nothing new

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

this break mostly just has me realizing how much of a help and/or crutch weed is for me when i'm deep into a bout of severe depression lol

i spent like 3 hours laying in bed reading the epstein thread after work yesterday because i was so bored but also too unmotivated to do anything else

fun times

E: here's some better vibes for the thread sorry!!

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:

The Demilich posted:

I've been high for 51years now.

this is a hash pipe i've had since about 1973

a biker buddy carved it out of soapstone and gave it to me. it's got a dog face on one said and a ppl on the other

side view w/ coin for scale

Lovelyn
Jul 8, 2008

Eat more beans

tmfc posted:

this break mostly just has me realizing how much of a help and/or crutch weed is for me when i'm deep into a bout of severe depression lol

i spent like 3 hours laying in bed reading the epstein thread after work yesterday because i was so bored but also too unmotivated to do anything else

fun times

E: here's some better vibes for the thread sorry!!

PM me your venmo and we'll get you weeded

Lovelyn
Jul 8, 2008

Eat more beans

dee eight posted:

this is a hash pipe i've had since about 1973

a biker buddy carved it out of soapstone and gave it to me. it's got a dog face on one said and a ppl on the other

side view w/ coin for scale

owns bones

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

Lovelyn posted:

PM me your venmo and we'll get you weeded

i sincerely appreciate the offer, thank you!!

butttt i am also taking this break to get a baseline of my current mental health state when i'm not constantly high lol. i would like to try to make it until my next payday at least, so it works itself out in terms of being broke atm

thank you again though!

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

The Demilich posted:

I've been high for 14 years now.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

dispensary has actual flower for the first time since they opened a year ago, but I never smoke flower, only carts and concentrates. the highest content flower they have is 23%, which seems pretty fuckin' low for the outrageous prices they're charging ($65/3.5 or $520/oz,). I'm assuming that for someone like me, who needs like 100mg+ in edibles to even notice them, 23% is just too low to be worth my time? google indicates that actually strong flower is like 28-30% and I generally don't like any concentrates below 70%, so would I just be wasting my money?

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

Frog Act posted:

dispensary has actual flower for the first time since they opened a year ago, but I never smoke flower, only carts and concentrates. the highest content flower they have is 23%, which seems pretty fuckin' low for the outrageous prices they're charging ($65/3.5 or $520/oz,). I'm assuming that for someone like me, who needs like 100mg+ in edibles to even notice them, 23% is just too low to be worth my time? google indicates that actually strong flower is like 28-30% and I generally don't like any concentrates below 70%, so would I just be wasting my money?

That sounds like a terrible deal in my neck of the woods

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

much like no college degree is worth $50k/yr, no weed is worth $500/oz

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

Oh sorry I misunderstood, you actually want flower. My bad! Lol yea that's an outrageous price

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

yeah I mean in VA right now, every single thing available for medical patients really exceeds the threshold of "terrible deal" and into "shameless price gouging that is built into an artificial state-sanctioned monopoly". every single medical marijuana product has it's price inflated by like 300% so I'm not surprised flower is just as outrageous. I'm used to overpaying by now so I'm mostly wondering if it's worth it for novelty, but given that the last eighth I bought I still have most of two years later I'm just gonna buy deathloop instead

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

If I had to choose between flower and cart I'll almost always go cart. Not that flower isn't nice sometimes just relatively weak

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

skewetoo posted:

If I had to choose between flower and cart I'll almost always go cart. Not that flower isn't nice sometimes just relatively weak

:same: I always have two medical carts and a gram of concentrate on hand because that's what I primarily consume, and the last few times I smoked a bowl it barely did poo poo, so I can't imagine this is going to be that much of an improvement from the black market stuff i can get for half the price

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Frog Act posted:

yeah I mean in VA right now, every single thing available for medical patients really exceeds the threshold of "terrible deal" and into "shameless price gouging that is built into an artificial state-sanctioned monopoly". every single medical marijuana product has it's price inflated by like 300% so I'm not surprised flower is just as outrageous. I'm used to overpaying by now so I'm mostly wondering if it's worth it for novelty, but given that the last eighth I bought I still have most of two years later I'm just gonna buy deathloop instead

p much in the same boat as you as i wait for my DC card to arrive so i can buy legit carts. my old pax 2 gives me enough of a buzz off the cheap flowers but man do i miss carts