Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Also that stupid scottish terf hashtag is trending because Nicola Sturgeon shouted 'shame on you' at a guy repeating 'valid concerns' in scotparl, and now you've got a hash tag that says women won't be quiet being used to say that a woman should not have said anything. :psyduck:

https://twitter.com/murdo_fraser/status/1435673691967340545?s=19 (spoilered so as not to embed transphobia)

Welcome to the 5d brain knot.

E: 20 is the amount of times I will post this dog:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VHeW22FEoGw

Bobby Deluxe fucked around with this message at 14:54 on Sep 9, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
lmao in the replies "The grievance mongering misogynist here was definitely Nicola Sturgeon."

The two biggest threats to women, Nicola Sturgeon and Judith Butler. Welcome to tiny brain world, Winston.

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Oh yeah, feel that burn baby. :batuka:

blues thief
Apr 1, 2013
https://twitter.com/BethRigby/status/1436000552689848321

You can't convince me this man wasn't grown in a lab in a ground-breaking experiment to create the least inspiring human to ever exist.

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

blues thief posted:

https://twitter.com/BethRigby/status/1436000552689848321

You can't convince me this man wasn't grown in a lab in a ground-breaking experiment to create the least inspiring human to ever exist.

I listened to that and it was utter garbage from both parties. He was saying he was in favour of things like capital gains/dividends tax, and Rigby was hammering "so a wealth tax?" which to my understanding isnt what those things are. And Starmer couldn't even handle that and get his point across.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

All taxes are necessarily levied upon some sort of wealth because that's what a tax is.

Unless you had some sort of negative wealth-independent tax, but starmer hates those.

Clarence
May 3, 2012

UKMT Sept :  the noble concept of private property

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

OwlFancier posted:

All taxes are necessarily levied upon some sort of wealth because that's what a tax is.

Unless you had some sort of negative wealth-independent tax, but starmer hates those.

Except aren't most taxes on either money coming in (income tax, capital gains) or going out (VAT, petrol), rather than just taxing you on the value of your assets? Which is what I thought wealth tax meant?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Yes, "a wealth tax" would generally mean literally taxing you on the value of your stored wealth, but I think the interviewer is trying to go "you support wealth taxes because all taxes are wealth taxes" which like, yes technically that is true but that's just saying taxes are taxes, that is intrinsic to the concept of a tax. An advantage of taxing money in or transactions is that they can be easily enforced at the point of sale or wage (and also poor people cannot evade them which rich people who write tax legislation want to do)

If starmer cannot simply explain the difference between "a wealth tax" and an intristic property of the concept of taxes then he's a moron who shouldn't be in politics.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
Is it pretty standard for unions to not be able to help you out, represent you or give you advice for 2 months after joining? I was a member of the games union for ages when I had my last job but left it while I was out of work last year, didn't immediately rejoin when I got this job (like an idiot) and now I'm worried I might need some advice and/or rep but when I went to rejoin today they were like "yeah we can't do anything for 2 months or about stuff that happened before you joined" which.... seems pretty loving useless tbh. Obviously somewhat on me for not joining back up asap I guess.

Oscar Romeo Romeo
Apr 16, 2010

thebardyspoon posted:

Is it pretty standard for unions to not be able to help you out, represent you or give you advice for 2 months after joining? I was a member of the games union for ages when I had my last job but left it while I was out of work last year, didn't immediately rejoin when I got this job (like an idiot) and now I'm worried I might need some advice and/or rep but when I went to rejoin today they were like "yeah we can't do anything for 2 months or about stuff that happened before you joined" which.... seems pretty loving useless tbh. Obviously somewhat on me for not joining back up asap I guess.

I've only been a member of one union (Unison) and they had (still have?) a similar policy, but I think it was around 3-4 weeks rather than 2 months. When I joined it was explained to me they had such a policy to avoid the potential issue of people finding themselves in a situation where they'd want the help of a union, join up, get the help, then cancel membership once said situation had been resolved.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
Yeah it's somewhat fair I guess, I'm an idiot for not just joining considering I tell all my friends to join a union and was previously a member, I am just a person who puts poo poo like that off.

Camrath
Mar 19, 2004

The UKMT Fudge Baron

New Fudge Released!

We've got two brand new flavours for you to enjoy this time around, as well as a host of other ones too!

New Flavours

Cafe' Americano
- A dark and robust coffee flavoured fudge. Much requested, and has proven super popular with my testers!
Mapel & Pecan - Crunchy, chewy pecans combine with organic Maple Syrup for this sweet and naughty fudge with a trans-atlantic twist to it.

Other Flavours Available:

Original Vanilla
Salted Caramel
Liquorice
Baked Beans
Fiery Gingerbread
Whamageddon
Mead
Peanut Butter Crunch
Lemon Meringue Pie
Chocolate and Chilli
Jelly Beanz

All stock is live and available at https://www.fudjit.co.uk , at £3.50 + shipping per 100gr bar. Use the goon discount code 'Roastbeefisbest' to get five bars for the price of four!

Get Fudged!

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Oh but of course, today under transgender in the guardian we have a woman who detransitioned, and the editing on this is insanely questionable to say the least. I don’t know who she is but it looks like she said something else in the middle and it got cut.

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2021/sep/09/introducing-marley-morrison-ive-told-you-more-than-anyone-in-my-life-for-five-years

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

Camrath posted:

New Fudge Released!

We've got two brand new flavours for you to enjoy this time around, as well as a host of other ones too!

New Flavours

Cafe' Americano
- A dark and robust coffee flavoured fudge. Much requested, and has proven super popular with my testers!
Mapel & Pecan - Crunchy, chewy pecans combine with organic Maple Syrup for this sweet and naughty fudge with a trans-atlantic twist to it.

Other Flavours Available:

Original Vanilla
Salted Caramel
Liquorice
Baked Beans
Fiery Gingerbread
Whamageddon
Mead
Peanut Butter Crunch
Lemon Meringue Pie
Chocolate and Chilli
Jelly Beanz

All stock is live and available at https://www.fudjit.co.uk , at £3.50 + shipping per 100gr bar. Use the goon discount code 'Roastbeefisbest' to get five bars for the price of four!

Get Fudged!

If anyone's on the fence, this stuff is really amazing. I can't wait for the strawberry milkshake to coincide with my payday once more, I'm buying six of it.

Camrath
Mar 19, 2004

The UKMT Fudge Baron

HopperUK posted:

If anyone's on the fence, this stuff is really amazing. I can't wait for the strawberry milkshake to coincide with my payday once more, I'm buying six of it.

It will return next month- this month I'm focussing on spice/autumnal flavours for a festival I'm trading at at the end. :)

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Put real :420: in instead of that poo poo imo

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
i'll bet when that starmer makes a pot noodle, he fills it right up to the brim :mad:

Biggus Dickus
May 18, 2005

Roadies know where to focus the spotlight.

Camrath posted:

New Fudge Released!

God dammit. I'm never gonna lose weight. :(

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
Pumpkin Spice Fudge

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

crispix posted:

i'll bet when that starmer makes a pot noodle, he fills it right up to the brim :mad:

Dear god. :cry:

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

God help you if ever you're caught on these shores

A man's ambition must indeed be small
To write his name upon a shithouse wall

thebardyspoon posted:

Is it pretty standard for unions to not be able to help you out, represent you or give you advice for 2 months after joining?

There's always a wait period, the given reasons are
a) that unions need subs and shouldn't give you incentive to join, get a bunch of legal help, and quit and b) your average person who joins when they're already hosed (deathbed organising) is incredibly bad at following advice. I can vouch for b, and ive also been paying for most of my family's memberships so I don't have to deal with exactly this.

Unions can offer you advice even if you aren't a member, though in unite our industrial officers get a bit stroppy if we do this on the FB pages. I did my accredition with my partner's union during the pandemic so if you're really desperate I can give you some advice, but without union resources you're pretty much limited to acas if it comes to it

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

crispix posted:

With cold water, looks at it in confusion then puts it in the microwave

You all know this is true in your hearts.

Tesla was right
Apr 3, 2009

Whats with all the robot sex avatars?

HopperUK posted:

100% agreed. First round I ignored the strawberry milkshake offering, and this time I really enjoyed it.

Also, out of interest, is the 'selectionbox' code the exact same offer but for perceptive non-goons?

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

Comrade Fakename posted:

Here's the full text, if you're interested. It's pretty bonkers - he mainly appears to be extremely upset that the government isn't doing the common-sense reforms of turning the NHS into a US-style insurance system, like that would just be a no-brainer.

It's beautiful. Rarely seen piss so boiled.

Camrath
Mar 19, 2004

The UKMT Fudge Baron

Tesla was right posted:

100% agreed. First round I ignored the strawberry milkshake offering, and this time I really enjoyed it.

Also, out of interest, is the 'selectionbox' code the exact same offer but for perceptive non-goons?

It is exactly that, yes.

Having seperate codes helps me track where my orders are coming from- every community I trade in has a unique one (and most have different offers that end up around the same for the majority of sales)

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

I'm out here trying to marginally improve my health and this prick Camrath's just selling incredibly delicious fudge all over the place. :mad:

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Think of it as trading points in constittuion for points in sanity.

Camrath
Mar 19, 2004

The UKMT Fudge Baron

Ms Adequate posted:

I'm out here trying to marginally improve my health and this prick Camrath's just selling incredibly delicious fudge all over the place. :mad:

I turn 40 on Monday, I’m fat and I’m unhealthy. The fudge is just part of my plan to drag everyone down with me.

I’m nice like that.

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005
"This is a bit of a... a poof song"
I've bought some fudge! Gutted that the peanut butter and lemon meringue pie flavours were already gone though.

Also, camrath, the mobile site experience is a bit crap. You have to click the fudge you want, then get taken to a new page to select how much you want, then have to manually navigate back to the main selection page again from the drop down option on the the top right. Way more complex and arduous than it needs to be.

Please don't spit in my fudge :(

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005
Nadie puede dar lo que no tiene

Finally, getting a refund on my cancelled holiday last year at the end of the month. Its been pretty hard to get a penny out of them, so hurrah. Not that I'm going to be booking anything for a good long while. I might just buy an alpaca instead, and ride around town on it.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
*points at alpaca* Kieth'd!

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005
Nadie puede dar lo que no tiene

Guavanaut posted:

*points at alpaca* Kieth'd!

I was going to call it that 😕

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

I've lost a lot of weight over lockdown and I credit it to only imagining the chocolate orange fudge every couple days

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

https://twitter.com/ElectionMapsUK/status/1436077898792853506?s=19

Tories cratering, Labour twitching limply in response

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
Wait, isn't that the 1st Labour lead since Starmer took over?

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

All according to keirkaku

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

Pumpkin Spice Fudge

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Pistol_Pete posted:

Wait, isn't that the 1st Labour lead since Starmer took over?

No, he had a few last winter. Never reached a lead in polling average though (depending on whose average you trust)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

And all it took was the Tories attacking their voters in the one place that matters to them - their pay packet.