Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Izzhov
Dec 6, 2013

My head hurts.
Gimme some stuff like Sun Araw. Especially Horse Steppin'. Hotline Miami main menu blew me away. I never thought I could like drone until I heard it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Izzhov posted:

Gimme some stuff like Sun Araw. Especially Horse Steppin'. Hotline Miami main menu blew me away. I never thought I could like drone until I heard it.

It’s an internet cliche to recommend but it really fits here, Have A Nice Life - Deathconsciousness

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Izzhov posted:

coconuts, especially the song silver lights

NotNut
Feb 4, 2020
Can anyone recommend good songs about despair, suicide or going to hell that are also angry or braggadocious? Any genre

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

NotNut posted:

Can anyone recommend good songs about despair, suicide or going to hell that are also angry or braggadocious? Any genre

Notorious BIG - Suicidal Thoughts feels like the ur-example.

NotNut
Feb 4, 2020

Henchman of Santa posted:

Notorious BIG - Suicidal Thoughts feels like the ur-example.

Oh yeah that is perfect. More like that please

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer

NotNut posted:

1-800-Suicide by Gravediggaz? The whole album 3 Cups of Blood fits the mood, really.

internet celebrity
Jun 23, 2006

College Slice

NotNut posted:

u by Kendrick Lamar

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

NotNut posted:

The $uicideboy$ discography - try the song Nightmare Choir to start

Kvlt! fucked around with this message at 14:08 on Sep 9, 2021

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

NotNut posted:

that's basically single mothers' entire discography. being a piece of poo poo addict, powerless, i know it's killing me but gently caress it lets party. no tracks are as pitch perfect as that notorious big track, but maybe try 24/7 or switch off. they all kinda have that general vibe

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

NotNut posted:

I'm not qualified to help but if you need to talk I will listen and I'm sure many other people on these forums will as well.

NotNut
Feb 4, 2020

HenryJLittlefinger posted:

I'm not qualified to help but if you need to talk I will listen and I'm sure many other people on these forums will as well.

Lol I'm not looking for this music to fit my mood, it's just for a themed playlist in a tabletop game

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

NotNut posted:

Lol I'm not looking for this music to fit my mood, it's just for a themed playlist in a tabletop game

It’s the obvious one, but highway to hell

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

NotNut posted:

:unsmigghh:

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Pantera, "Suicide Note Pt. I" and "Suicide Note Pt. II"

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006
UNGH LET ME LICK THOSE BOOTS DADDY HULU ;-* ;-* ;-* YES YES GIVE ME ALL THE CORPORATE CUMMIES :shepspends: :shepspends: :shepspends: ADBLOCK USERS DESERVE THE DEATH PENALTY, DON'T THEY DADDY?
WHEN THE RICH GET RICHER I GET HORNIER :a2m::a2m::a2m::a2m:

Maybe Nine Inch Nails - Eraser

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Destruction of a Person by Superjoint

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

NIN - Hurt

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Staind's first album "Tormented" is a concept album based on some dude killing himself, if you can stand that kind of music. Even ends with like 20 minutes of funeral music.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Blind by Korn

Kickstart My Heart by Motley Crue

Any Eyehategod song

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

NotNut posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_mesL8xvO3c

NotNut
Feb 4, 2020
Thanks for the suggestions, everybody

Blue Labrador
Feb 17, 2011

So I'm a huge fan of The Mars Volta and ATDI in general, but I've been re-listening to The Bedlam in Goliath today, and I forgot just how much I loved this specific album. Can anyone give recommendations for other artists or albums that go as ham with editing effects and percussion as tracks like "Goliath", "Cavalettas", and "Askepios" do?

Additionally, great bass is optional, but appreciated.

Blue Labrador fucked around with this message at 05:53 on Sep 19, 2021

NotNut
Feb 4, 2020
Can anyone recommend some slow, dreary metal instrumentals? Especially if they have an electronic element like the soundtracks of the new DOOM games

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006
UNGH LET ME LICK THOSE BOOTS DADDY HULU ;-* ;-* ;-* YES YES GIVE ME ALL THE CORPORATE CUMMIES :shepspends: :shepspends: :shepspends: ADBLOCK USERS DESERVE THE DEATH PENALTY, DON'T THEY DADDY?
WHEN THE RICH GET RICHER I GET HORNIER :a2m::a2m::a2m::a2m:

No electronic elements, but Godspeed You! Black Emperor might work, especially their first album f# a# infinity

Izzhov
Dec 6, 2013

My head hurts.

Declan MacManus posted:

coconuts, especially the song silver lights

Ok yeah, it's another song from the same ost with a similar vibe... thanks for the excuse to listen to it again :P

kingcobweb posted:

It’s an internet cliche to recommend but it really fits here, Have A Nice Life - Deathconsciousness

This was really good! Not really psychedelic in the same way as sun araw but cool in its own way

Another request: Does anyone know any good Chinese albums?

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side

Izzhov posted:

i only know a few and here they are

Faye Wong - Fuzao
Faye Wong - Zhǐ ài mòshēng rén

pop / art pop / alternative / dreampop. Faye Wong has released lots of albums and more of them are probably good, those are just the 2 I know best

Aristophanes - No Rush To Leave Dreams
潘PAN - Humans Become Machines

These are by the same person. Taiwanese hip hop

Pairs - Pairs

punk / garage rock / lofi

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

Izzhov posted:

If you're into oldschool speed metal, this is really solid
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_YJ3VMjwL5Q

SpiritualDeath
Jul 2, 2009

shaping your brain like pottery

Izzhov posted:

Carsick Cars s/t
Mamer - Eagle
P.K. 14 - White Paper
Cui Jian - Balls Under the Red Flag
any Zhou Xuan compilation (the most readily available at the moment is "Famous Chinese Musicians: Zhou Xuan")

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tt_BVry4Qwk

Beeswax
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Izzhov posted:

Not sure if albums released by a Chinese-born person living in Canada counts but Yellow River Blue by Yu Su is very good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_CtvFW14lA

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe

Izzhov posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9z1yAdlrtvs

NotNut
Feb 4, 2020
Anyone have recommendations for good music with Christian themes? Any genre.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

NotNut posted:

Wovenhand

Trouble

Stryper

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Louvin Brothers; 16 Horsepower, predecessor of above-mentioned Wovenhand

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Third for Wovenhand. Refractory Obdurate is a great album.

Gospel (especially black gospel) is good stuff too. Dottie Peoples and Blind Boys of Alabama are good mainstream examples. Sacred steel is a really interesting subgenre of it. I don’t know any names other than Robert Randolph and most of his work is pretty secular.

HenryJLittlefinger fucked around with this message at 01:56 on Sep 29, 2021

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

NotNut posted:

Bob Dylan - Slow Train Coming, Saved, Shot of Love

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

NotNut posted:

mewithoutyou is more spiritual and gnostic than strictly christian but it might fit the bill

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

NotNut posted:

mewithoutyou
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TrGBVG0Liqg
sufjan stevens
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UDnmO4cTUGc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Also Creed