Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
favourite number
This poll is closed.
835 3 2.29%
2 14 10.69%
3,400,981 17 12.98%
11 19 14.50%
21 13 9.92%
7070 12 9.16%
58008 53 40.46%
Total: 131 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I said come in! posted:

Nintendo digital pricing makes a strong argument for physical copies.

idk about the US but in the UK Nintendo sells most of their first party games for £40-£50 and Sony is still trying to make £70 games a thing (and succeeding probably idk I was thinking of getting the next NBA 2k but then saw the price)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Help Im Alive posted:

idk about the US but in the UK Nintendo sells most of their first party games for £40-£50 and Sony is still trying to make £70 games a thing (and succeeding probably idk I was thinking of getting the next NBA 2k but then saw the price)

Nintendo games are $60 digitally, but stay $60 forever, and maybe once a year are on sale for $45. Sony's games go on sale pretty quickly and drop in price permanently pretty often, and even eventually becomes free on PS+. The $70 price increase though is greedy as gently caress and bad.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
People think pc gamers act elitist because of the graphics etc, it's not, it's because you don't have to pay a weeks rent for games, some of whom you can beat in a weekend

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo

Help Im Alive posted:

The good news about the NBA 2K franchise is that it hits will usually hit a deep sale by the end of the year.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Khanstant posted:

baby off-brand morpheus is freakin me out lawrence fishburn is still alive so???

Please study the canon
https://twitter.com/kuraine/status/1435984026372698116

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

FlowerRhythmREMIX posted:

The good news about the NBA 2K franchise is that it hits will usually hit a deep sale by the end of the year.

Next-gen NBA 2K took awhile to start going on deep sale though, but maybe that won't be the case now that next-gen has been out for a year. The next-gen graphics update for NBA was amazing though.

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

JollyBoyJohn posted:

I'm sure you have a window to cancel of 2 weeks or something

Ah, you see, they thought of it because the email telling me about reupping for 60$, because I don’t buy a yearly subscription, I buy an „indefinite subscription with periodical billing” and thus cannot ask for a return :smug:

And also, the last time I bought a yearly sub was with a code through a keysite. So it means they just decided that my card’s fine to use

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

Haven't finished it yet but suspect Psychonauts 2 is going to be an extremely strong contender for my game of the year. It's just so much drat fun :allears:

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

haveblue posted:

Don’t do this, but replay all the ones before 4

My favorite thing about people doing a Halo Marathon in the lead up to Infinite is when they get to the end of Halo 4 and ether they didn't play it the first time so they have no idea what's about to happen; or they did play it once nine years ago and all of a sudden they get these fever dream like visions of a swarm of tiny, naked Cortana they had locked away in the back corner of their memories.

Swarms of tiny, naked Cortana. Cortani. I know putting naked there is redundant but it just makes the phrase flow better.

PlushCow
Oct 19, 2005

The cow eats the grass

I said come in! posted:

Nintendo games are $60 digitally, but stay $60 forever, and maybe once a year are on sale for $45. Sony's games go on sale pretty quickly and drop in price permanently pretty often, and even eventually becomes free on PS+. The $70 price increase though is greedy as gently caress and bad.

It is pretty frustrating that they don't even put their 3DS games on sale; like they used to do a few for Black Friday sales and around E3 but nothing for like two or three years now.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

JollyBoyJohn posted:

People think pc gamers act elitist because of the graphics etc, it's not, it's because you don't have to pay a weeks rent for games, some of whom you can beat in a weekend
alternately you can use gamefly or w/e for console games and just send a game back for the next in your queue if you don't like it

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Both that video and voidburger's.... everyone talking about the SMB movie

the columbo effect

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Viewtiful Jew posted:

My favorite thing about people doing a Halo Marathon in the lead up to Infinite is when they get to the end of Halo 4 and ether they didn't play it the first time so they have no idea what's about to happen; or they did play it once nine years ago and all of a sudden they get these fever dream like visions of a swarm of tiny, naked Cortana they had locked away in the back corner of their memories.

Swarms of tiny, naked Cortana. Cortani. I know putting naked there is redundant but it just makes the phrase flow better.

Cortanae

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Halo and Marathon are different bungie games op

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Marathon still owns

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
they call it Marathon because when you see it you turn around and run 26.2 miles away

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Feels Villeneuve posted:

they call it Marathon because when you see it you turn around and run 26.2 miles away

Lol

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

oddium posted:

the columbo effect

I finished season 6 of columbo last night and I'm sad to be almost done with the 70s episodes because I heard the 80s/90s/00s ones are not as good (season 5 had some v weak episodes imho and I didn't like the william shatner one but they've generally been pretty good overall)

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

is there a thread for bad sport game like nba2k22 or fifa

Baller Time
Apr 22, 2014

by Azathoth

Well obviously he is gonna be resurrected via Fortnite promotion

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

ethanol posted:

is there a thread for bad sport game like nba2k22 or fifa

There’s an entire subforum for this, under SAS

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

This rules.

New trailer was great. I'm excited for the M4trix

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

i'm very pleased they didn't use a lovely cover of one of my very favorite songs in the trailer too

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Help Im Alive posted:

I finished season 6 of columbo last night and I'm sad to be almost done with the 70s episodes because I heard the 80s/90s/00s ones are not as good (season 5 had some v weak episodes imho and I didn't like the william shatner one but they've generally been pretty good overall)

i spent last week watching up to the season 2 one where he goes to england and the murder in the football one feels like a hitman assassination

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

What new movie tech will Matrix Resurrection bring to the table if anything?

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Help Im Alive posted:

the newer columbos are still good

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

The 7th Guest posted:

alternately you can use gamefly or w/e for console games and just send a game back for the next in your queue if you don't like it

Yeah if that works for you, it's a great one and will save you a ton of money but I really do like having a huge library of games readily at hand in case I get a weird impulse to play Halo 4 one day etc lol

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

ah that's actually a satisfying answer and really cool way to keep canon across media, i respect this. before i actually bought WoW back in the turn of the century i thought the games would be more like that, with GMs who come around to do events and controls monsters and whatever. really GMs just make you change your name because some dweebs in a battleground dont like it.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

i hope everybody who continues to deny the real world was just another sim in matrix 1-3 is ready to be destroyed in matrix 4

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I can't bring myself to care about the matrix

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

"i dont care" i post, my hands and fingers full of care that i am channeling into the keyboard "i promise i do. not. care." i struggle futilely as the care creeps up my chest and neck, paralyzing me.

Procrastine
Mar 30, 2011

Khanstant posted:

ah that's actually a satisfying answer and really cool way to keep canon across media, i respect this. before i actually bought WoW back in the turn of the century i thought the games would be more like that, with GMs who come around to do events and controls monsters and whatever. really GMs just make you change your name because some dweebs in a battleground dont like it.

what was the name op

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Stux posted:

"i dont care" i post, my hands and fingers full of care that i am channeling into the keyboard "i promise i do. not. care." i struggle futilely as the care creeps up my chest and neck, paralyzing me.

yeah exactly, please send help

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

https://i.imgur.com/watLLt5.mp4

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

the whole Polygon video crew rules really hard and I'm praying it's not another Bon Appetit situation but it probably is because that's life in america

What was the Bon Appetit situation again?

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

The matrix is about jesus

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
A lot of media is

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

FirstAidKite posted:

What was the Bon Appetit situation again?

They were not paying people of color who appeared in videos nearly as much as white people who did videos and decided to burn the whole thing down instead of paying them more. Also just a generally toxic work environment too.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
also the boss was a huge creep and visibly made people mad or uncomfortable when he was on camera

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Looper posted:

also the boss was a huge creep and visibly made people mad or uncomfortable when he was on camera

Oh god I forgot about him too.