Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

huh
Jan 23, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
Some more from same Indonesian interview.

Q: Did From Software ever modify or even reject the idea of George R.R. Martin? Or are you always trying to accommodate and fulfill that?

A: Miyazaki and George R.R. Martin continued to discuss. Usually Miyazaki tells martin about his ideas in the game, especially for the general structure. Then the two of them would exchange ideas, writing about the story and mythology of the Elden Ring itself.

Q: As we know, the world of Elden Ring is indeed big and now offers an exploration side. Does From Software have a hidden system to "encourage" gamers to explore existing side locations? Or is everything left free to gamers just like that?

A: We of course want gamers to explore as much of the world of Elden Ring as possible and be free to do it as they please. Knowing that they could instantly set out and explore the nearest Legacy Dungeon if they wanted to, or instead take a detour and find small dungeons around. Regarding the vastness of the world and the possibility of gamers ending up getting lost, gamers will still be helped by "Sight of the Lost Grace" (aka bonfire in Elden Ring, red.) which now has a guiding light to show where gamers actually should go next.

Players also now have a better folder. Once you've collected Map Fragments, you can pay attention to the details that appear there, such as finding a structure that is unique in shape. You can go there to check it out for yourself. Players are indeed likely to miss some of these small dungeons in The Lands Between, especially during exploration. But relax, we're also implementing some ways to help you find these dungeons. For example, you could find a structure called a Watchtower that will give you clearer vision around. You can zoom in with this structure, finding dungeons that will automatically mark on your map.

Q: Speaking of Legacy Dungeon? Is there a minimum level required to complete it?

A: There is no limit to the level required for you to enter and complete a Legacy Dungeon. If you find it, you can even clean it with a level 1 character. But there will be some dungeons that ask you to have special items or equipment in order to enter.

Q: One of the warmest discussions about the Souls series was talk about difficulty options as well as accessibility options. We have always been curious about From Software's attitude regarding this. What exactly does From Software think? And what do Kitao-san's personal opinions about it do?

A: We want this game to be enjoyed by anyone, both hardcore RPG gamers who are more interested in character and class building action and always want to test it. But we also want action game-loving gamers who are quite optimistic about their ability to join. For the latter, we also provide systems such as stealth, Spirit Summons, and cooperative multiplayer. We wanted to create as many options as possible so that whatever type of gamer came along, he found his place at Elden Ring.

As for accessibility, we are certainly fighting hard to ensure elden ring is accessible to more gamers. We have to admit that what we are doing is not perfect, there are still a lot of things that we haven't implemented well. But we are not opposed to accessibility at all and are interested in pushing it further in the future. So, we will continue to consider and actively search and research these accessibility options in the future. We believe this is an important part for the gaming industry to keep moving forward.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Brb calling Miyazaki up so he will let people pre-order. He reached out to me this year after Demons Souls. To apologise for the slugs. We are besties now.

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

What's the predictions on PS4 performance for this game? Based on Bloodborne I'm not super hopeful, although Sekiro ran pretty smooth.
Basically am I buying another loving console to play this game? (I know it's on PC too but i am a lazy couch tv boy)

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

tote up a bags posted:

What's the predictions on PS4 performance for this game? Based on Bloodborne I'm not super hopeful, although Sekiro ran pretty smooth.
Basically am I buying another loving console to play this game? (I know it's on PC too but i am a lazy couch tv boy)

Bloodborne is just poorly put together. This game doesn't look any more demanding than previous From games, so without any real information I'll just say it will be fine.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

why the gently caress cant i preorder this yet

I have a physical copy preordered from amazon :shrug:

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

fridge corn posted:

I have a physical copy preordered from amazon :shrug:

I mean on PSN. I want my drat countdown timer.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

huh posted:

Q: One of the warmest discussions about the Souls series was talk about difficulty options as well as accessibility options. We have always been curious about From Software's attitude regarding this. What exactly does From Software think? And what do Kitao-san's personal opinions about it do?

A: We want this game to be enjoyed by anyone, both hardcore RPG gamers who are more interested in character and class building action and always want to test it. But we also want action game-loving gamers who are quite optimistic about their ability to join. For the latter, we also provide systems such as stealth, Spirit Summons, and cooperative multiplayer. We wanted to create as many options as possible so that whatever type of gamer came along, he found his place at Elden Ring.

From hitting 'em with the old "easy mode is called 'having friends'" :allears:

Chopstick Dystopia
Jun 16, 2010

lowest high and highest low loser of: WEED WEE
k
I am looking forward to this video game.

Glad I don't need to get a console for it unlike Bloodborne, which I still yearn for on PC.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Chopstick Dystopia posted:

I am looking forward to this video game.

Glad I don't need to get a console for it unlike Bloodborne, which I still yearn for on PC.

Keep yearning. I borrowed my brothers PS4 and I just cant get into it mainly because it feels like shoving this thing into my eyes

giZm
Jul 7, 2003

Only the insane equates pain with success

I bought a used PS4 just so I could finally play Bloodborne. Took me a while to get used to the 30fps, including no DS3 PVP during that time, but once I got over it I enjoyed it so much that I played up to NG+4.
Bloodborne is by far the best game FROM has put out.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

I'm mostly a PC guy but I never had any issues playing Bloodborne. Especially since it's the GOAT.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i've probably mentioned this before in this thread but i'll mention it again for whoever needs to know: the playstation now (plus? go?) thing you can subscribe to (i think there's a free trial which is why i dipped my toe in it) will let you stream bloodborne on your pc and it's 100% playable, if you have a craving that cannot be satiated

it doesn't include the dlc though and knowing that i stopped myself before really getting stuck in because i knew i wouldn't be able to fully enjoy the true bloodborne experience

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

codo27 posted:

Keep yearning. I borrowed my brothers PS4 and I just cant get into it mainly because it feels like shoving this thing into my eyes

+ From Software's magnum opus, legitimate claim to be one of the best games of all time
- Looks a bit rough for a PS4 title

Yeah it's a tough one alright

countbarbarus
Sep 5, 2018
Wonder how they're going to balance players doing all the side dungeons before they enter the main one. Perhaps they'll use a dozen Nameless Kings in the side content.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

I'm only up to like, what's the place where guy is immediately firing at you from some turret? So far definitely worse than Souls, what gets so much better about it after?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

codo27 posted:

I'm only up to like, what's the place where guy is immediately firing at you from some turret? So far definitely worse than Souls, what gets so much better about it after?

Why do you feel it’s worse than Souls? Besides the frame rate

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

codo27 posted:

lmao at this post, absolute lack of insight

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Bloodborne is the best one because your dodges often look cool, instead of rolling around on the ground like a hog

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

codo27 posted:

Lol

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i like how instead of there being 100 different weapons grouped into packs with identical movesets there's ~20 unique weapons

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i like how there's less superarmor on enemies so oftentimes one of the most effective ways to keep yourself from being hurt is by hitting the enemy a bunch

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i like how there's no shields and your parry is a gun

giZm
Jul 7, 2003

Only the insane equates pain with success

I like how dodging away from enemies usually gets punished super hard and the only true way of playing is dodging towards the enemies and being aggressive

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i like how the faith/magic spell catalogue of a normal souls game was merged down into the hunter's tools which for the most part have a low enough stat barrier that any hunter can use them with some treats if you specialize i.e. the dark souls 1 pyromancy approach

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i like how the trick weapons go woosh-woosh-clank-slam-whirr when you do transform attacks

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

i approve of good bloodborne posts in this ohhh elden ring thread, whereas bad bloodborne posts should maybe get beaten and eaten by cainhurst fleas

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i like how there's an insight shop where you can spend your humanity equivalent resource on rare poo poo both incentivizing collecting it through multiplayer and muting the need to have to farm poo poo off of enemies

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i like how there's the generated chalice dungeons, which albeit kind of a shallow implementation which winds up being kind of samey most of the way through, shows that From was willing to consider the concept of Infinite Soulsborne

EightFlyingCars
Jun 30, 2008

i've never done an arcane run in bloodborne, what's the strat for that

Concurred
Apr 23, 2003

My team got swept out of the playoffs, and all I got was this avatar and red text

my bloodborne tip: pistolero

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

EightFlyingCars posted:

play until you can dip into the chalices and get good fire or lightning gems because they completely change your weapon damage to arcane scaling iirc

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

EightFlyingCars posted:

cleaver, fire paper and tonitrus for the first part of the game, then HMS and ACB

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?
Call Beyond kind of sucks unfortunately. Useless in tight spaces, useless against fast enemies, and even when you do find a time and place to use it, it still burns through bullets way too fast. Augur, blacksky eye, executioner’s gloves, tiny tonitrus, and accursed brew are the real good poo poo.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

codo27 posted:

Maybe get your eyes tested.

skasion posted:

Call Beyond kind of sucks unfortunately. Useless in tight spaces, useless against fast enemies, and even when you do find a time and place to use it, it still burns through bullets way too fast. Augur, blacksky eye, executioner’s gloves, tiny tonitrus, and accursed brew are the real good poo poo.

I used almost nothing but augur and kirkhammer on my first run and it was the greatest gaming.

JBP fucked around with this message at 23:51 on Sep 9, 2021

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

skasion posted:

you do it because it's cool af op

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

I'm glad I played Bloodborne on launch so the reveal hadn't been spoiled.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Count me in as one of the plaintive PC release wishers for Bloodborne. I've never gotten to play it but I really want to (I even looked at the Playstation Now thing but it wasn't available in my country :smith:), and if it's even better than Sekiro which is probably the best FROM game I've ever played then holy gently caress.

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009

Groovelord Neato posted:

I'm glad I played Bloodborne on launch so the reveal hadn't been spoiled.

walking out of the cathedral ward, looking up, freaking the gently caress out and immediately running back inside

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

I think Sekiro and bloodborne are both about as good as eachother, aka GOATs.
But I've played thru bloodborne like 4 times now and only finished Sekiro once.

Sekiro is a lot more refined though and I think I might prefer the combat once you figure it out it's just a lot less forgiving. There's a lot in bloodborne that is rough around the edges by comparison.
The way I ended up playing was planting my feet and relentlessly attacking and parrying and in any window using the stamina regen double hand sword swing

But bloodborne is the most moody and aesthetic one they've done, with the best setting I think, though at least 2 of Sekiros zones are in the running for best souls zone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Item Getter
Dec 14, 2015

Cowcaster posted:

i've probably mentioned this before in this thread but i'll mention it again for whoever needs to know: the playstation now (plus? go?) thing you can subscribe to (i think there's a free trial which is why i dipped my toe in it) will let you stream bloodborne on your pc and it's 100% playable, if you have a craving that cannot be satiated

it doesn't include the dlc though and knowing that i stopped myself before really getting stuck in because i knew i wouldn't be able to fully enjoy the true bloodborne experience

I also started PS Now just to play Bloodborne but it seems like in recent years (?) they really clamped down on what controllers will support it. The PS3 games work perfectly but after reading a lot of stuff it seems that the PS4 games won't cooperate at all unless you have both a real Dualshock 4 controller and the official Sony USB Bluetooth adapter which is "Bloody expensive..." for what it is.
Some people recommend a bunch of 3rd party controller emulators to get around it but I haven't been able to get those to work.
There's also no free trial anymore it seems, in spite of what the website says but that isn't really the big barrier to entry.