Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

LionArcher posted:

I had a truly upsetting conversation with my father who never leaves the house. he’s fully vaxxed, but he’s very excited for the super spreader events because it will help the virus burn through the population of idiots faster.

“sure the hospitals collapse but that one third will never get vaxxed anyway the faster they get Covid and some die the better! if we could give them an injection of Covid I would so that it burns out faster”.

I put my hands in my face but can someone in here please give the obvious answers logical reasons why this is such a loving stupid thought process.

yeah sure: your dad slips down the stairs wearing socks one morning and fractures his hip. there is nowhere for him to go. it is excruciating, like having a leg sawed off at the ball and socket joint. the fragments of bones cause tears throughout his soft tissue as he lies there in agony for a week, and then he dies from a combination of wound infection and covid breakthrough.
his final month of life is unceasing pain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

I can see it but I'm logged into StinkedIn because I'm dumb

quote:

The Arizona Summit Law School, was an accredited for-profit law school which closed in 2018. The law school was founded in 2005 and known until 2013 as the Phoenix School of Law, was a law school located in Phoenix, Arizona. SummitLaw is part of the InfiLaw System of independent, for-profit law schools, which includes Florida Coastal School of Law and Charlotte School of Law, owned by Sterling Partners.[3][4] Although the school was approved by the American Bar Association (ABA) in 2010,[5] the ABA withdrew the school's accreditation effective July 9, 2018,[6] and the school began closing in the fall of that same year.[7] The school created controversy in 2015, when the dean reportedly paid underprepared students not to take the bar exam.[8][9]

The school was controversial for its poor bar pass rates and unemployability of its students, most notably in 2016, 94.8% of its students failed to pass the bar exam.[10]

lmao

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

start posting chud meltdowns

not the boring "durrr legalism durr" poo poo I mean the real brain damaged chud poo poo

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Nocturtle posted:

Honestly thought anti-vaccination sentiment wouldn't become too widespread or persist very long in the US, if only because it ultimately decreases the overall rate of return and the interests of a multinational corporation are aligned with people getting vaccinated. Usually explaining whether something happens in America only requires asking if anyone can make money off it. This analysis is clearly wrong given current events.

the corporations dont give a poo poo whether or not people get vaccinated anymore since people are going to work and spending money just as if there wasnt a deadly pandemic ravaging the country. the select few people the corporations do care about (ie their executives, directors, large shareholders, etc) are all already vaxxed

Greg Legg
Oct 6, 2004

shyduck posted:

Now one thing not to get lost here is they can opt out with weekly covid testing. Now is this the uncomfortable swab to the brain or is there something else now?

We had one that we did at home, my wife swabbed her nose and a nurse over a zoom thing read the results. We got it free at the library but I'm not sure you can do that everywhere.

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

well poo poo, that was far more than I was expecting

Crazyweasel
Oct 29, 2006
lazy

don’t worry according the Glassdoor she was only probably making ~$200-250k. gently caress I’m doing something wrong

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة

Crazyweasel posted:

ok like it is tough for me to really be positive about government to things but just a big lol that this 78 year old man is just like “gently caress it were leaving Afghanistan” while everyone cries and is now mandating vaccines. amazing

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

how the gently caress do you turn a scam law degree into a job at a fortune 500 company

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

Occupational Sex & Horny Administration

horny is forbidden *taps OSHA warning sign*

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015

The whole human race
sentenced
to
burn

Agean90 posted:

start posting chud meltdowns

not the boring "durrr legalism durr" poo poo I mean the real brain damaged chud poo poo

https://mobile.twitter.com/TizzyEnt/status/1435804826462457856

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

its hosed up that just the afghan withdrawal made biden a better president than obama

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

What Biden is doing is the policy equivalent of sick anti-vaxxers begging to get vaccinated right before intubation.

In this analogy, the GOP are the intubated anti-vaxxers family yelling at the doctors to give their loved one ivermectin.

mystes
May 31, 2006

Shear Modulus posted:

how the gently caress do you turn a scam law degree into a job at a fortune 500 company
Are you prepared to cough on people until they buy your software?

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
This is actually massively craven because Biden waited until the politics were clearly in favor of this rather than , idk, doing it any point when it would have helped :sun:

mystes
May 31, 2006

Schnorkles posted:

This is actually massively craven because Biden waited until the politics were clearly in favor of this rather than , idk, doing it any point when it would have helped :sun:
Yeah what an idiot, he waited until there was a chance this wouldn't be overturned by a judge because the government clearly has a compelling interest in doing this.

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

Crazyweasel posted:

don’t worry according the Glassdoor she was only probably making ~$200-250k. gently caress I’m doing something wrong

that's really low for a lawyer with some years of experience. partnered lawyer is making at least $500k i bet

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Schnorkles posted:

Yeah but I'll still take it.

mystes
May 31, 2006

mod sassinator posted:

that's really low for a lawyer with some years of experience. partnered lawyer is making at least $500k i bet
She wasn't working as a lawyer

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

mystes posted:

Yeah what an idiot, he waited until there was a chance this wouldn't be overturned by a judge because the government clearly has a compelling interest in doing this.

Naw I'd say the chance legally is exactly the same it's just craven politically.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
Sir suck n' gently caress holidays are going to be cancelled.

Biden: No! No!!

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Kreeblah posted:

In a sense, that's true. When I got diagnosed with heart failure, I was told that I needed to switch to a low sodium diet.

Fair enough, but what does that look like? The hospital got me a nutritionist that gave me a photocopied list of fruits, vegetables, meats, and nuts which are naturally low in sodium, but when I asked about recipes, I was told that there are a lot of good cook books out there, but that they didn't have any to specifically recommend. Brands to look for for pre-made things like breads or whatever? Read the nutrition labels. We don't have any recommendations. A recommendation for a nutritionist for me to see for more info? Check with your primary care doctor.

I was basically told to make a gigantic change to my life with zero info other than that lovely, photocopied list that I could have put together in five seconds of Googling. I ended up spending a shitload of time researching foods to find out what was actually low sodium (and finding out that the hospital probably shouldn't have been feeding me some of the things that they did) and finding my own nutritionist, but it's super loving lovely to dump a huge lifestyle change on somebody with no real guidance while they're in the middle of dealing with everything else from a major diagnosis like that.

life dumped that on you not the nutritionist

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

:sickos:
MORE MORE I DEMAND MORE

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

Shear Modulus posted:

its hosed up that just the afghan withdrawal made biden a better president than obama

yeah but his open biden pandemic response and keeping patent restrictions on vaccines makes him worse again

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

Schnorkles posted:

the idea we didn't do this the minute FDA approved Pfizer is loving :psyduck: and action now should only be celebrated in the light of every death between Aug 23 and when a mandate goes into effect

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

i am harry posted:

life dumped that on you not the nutritionist

Sounds like the nutritionist kinda sucked though and could have done a way better job facilitating the change.

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

mystes posted:

lmao the idea the government didnt clearly have a compelling interest until Sept 9th, 2021

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Dren posted:

Personally, I think there's no way I don't get it eventually because I have kids and my kids will have to go to school at some point (not until after vaccines for kids, that's for drat sure). I can wear a respirator when out of the house but I cannot reasonably expect my kids to stay masked around their peers for the duration of the pandemic if that duration is another 5-10 years. I will continue to encourage them to mask when case rates are high, assuming that information is still published going forward.

edit: if I ever end up hospitalized with covid I will be sure to wear my "covid is over" shirt to the hospital
yeah in same boat, poo poo sucks completely

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

love 2 see joe trying to do damage control even if it's still good

mystes
May 31, 2006

fosborb posted:

lmao the idea the government didnt clearly have a compelling interest until Sept 9th, 2021
He should have done it the second the vaccines had emergency use authorizations but given that he didn't there's no way a judge would allow it while cases were super low.

It's still going to get struck down immediately anyway.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

https://twitter.com/JeremyDBoreing/status/1436068144943095809?s=19

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

true science, not science paid for with money

Teabag Dome Scandal
Mar 19, 2002

So does this OSHA rule supersede state/city level requirements that cops are pitching a fit trying to get exempted from?

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

mystes posted:

man this poo poo really brought out the biden stans didn't it. are you lost?

SporkOfTruth
Sep 1, 2006

this kid walked up to me and was like man schmitty your stache is ghetto and I was like whatever man your 3b look like a dishrag.

he was like damn.

poo poo POST MALONE posted:

greetings from SAS

this freeze frame when they hear about it is loving gold
https://twitter.com/merlonifauria/status/1436057803160961029?s=21

durrneez
Feb 20, 2013

I like fish. I like to eat fish. I like to brush fish with a fish hairbrush. Do you like fish too?

av/post combo

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

shyduck posted:

Bad day to be working at a chud company with like 101 employees

/eyes the two nonwhite employees

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

it's just two cs, you added one too many

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

synapse posted:

I wonder what the Optimum Time for my pregnant wife to get a booster is. She is like 5 months out from her 2nd shot now and another 5 months until the due date. Lol.
do it now and then another booster right after birth imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster