Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe

mod sassinator posted:

if this is the best the white house can do, we are super duper turbo hosed lmao

they are doing NOTHING

it never could have been any other way

this is what collapse looks like

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mystes
May 31, 2006

empty whippet box posted:

man this poo poo really brought out the biden stans didn't it. are you lost?
Biden loving sucks but he's president because he's what Americans want. Nothing he tries to do will matter because it will immediately get struck down by the courts, because in 2021 Americans don't think that the government should be able to make people get vaccinated even in the middle of the pandemic.

This country is so broken it literally makes no difference what Biden does.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
well i should get out the popcorn on this one i guess

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa

mod sassinator posted:

LMFAO they are pivoting fully to at home rapid testing

whiiiiiich means the official testing numbers are going to crater because no one will go get PCR tests. LMAO this is all smoke and mirrors to hide the depth and intensity of the surge

also rapid tests are total poo poo

I'm not watching the speech because I get apopleptic watching him talk. What's this now?

Nocturtle
Mar 17, 2007

Casey Finnigan posted:

I do like how there is no regard for the kids at all. they gotta stay in school and get sick. no other way

Didn't think they'd actually send kids back to school unvaccinated this fall, especially given the adolescent EUA all the way back in May. Was positive they'd just review the safety data and say "good enough" while declaring Open Biden. Stupid.

The actual situation now is health authorities simultaneously urging everyone to get vaccinated, decrying the "pandemic of the unvaccinated" but then also insisting it's actually no big deal that children go back to school no need to wait a few more months. Somehow still worse than expected 18 months into the pandemic.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

mod sassinator posted:

lmao he is totally whiffing on boosters right now

just saying "we are waiting for FDA and CDC to authorize them"

no timeline, no dates... loving NOTHING lmao

Ugh.

meet girls at the store
Nov 4, 2002

mod sassinator posted:

whiiiiiich means the official testing numbers are going to crater because no one will go get PCR tests. LMAO this is all smoke and mirrors to hide the depth and intensity of the surge

ahhhhh there’s the doom that I was waiting for

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

mod sassinator posted:

liz theranos was ahead of her time

Lacrosse
Jun 16, 2010

>:V

How long before the Republicans try to dissolve OSHA?

Barry Soteriology
Mar 1, 2020
London transport staff warned of anti-mask posters with razor blades

quote:

London transport staff have been warned after anti-mask posters with razor blades on the back were found, a union has said.

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

I'm not watching the speech because I get apopleptic watching him talk. What's this now?

they're using the DPA to make rapid tests more accessible to people and direct people to rapid test

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
Wow bigger loans for the small biz psychos, cool. Landlords will presumably take all of that money

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

voting down on his youtube video is not just your patriotic duty but also your right as an american

nulldev1ce
Aug 16, 2002
Shiny Globule
Can someone link to the page(s) that discuss the BS infographic about breakthrough cases, with the squares magnified etc.? Thanks in advance.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

mod sassinator posted:

they're using the DPA to make rapid tests more accessible to people and direct people to rapid test

what's the DPA? is that anything like invoking "P?"

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

space uncle posted:

Attempting to get the booster shot just melted down my wife so thanks to the lovely staff at Walgreens for that.

She has Type 1 diabetes so per her doctor's recommendation (get the shot of course) she made a booster appointment >5 mo after her 2nd dose and showed up today. They treated her like total dicks, claimed she was at "the wrong Walgreens", referred to her as "that asian girl" for an extra spicy dose of casual racism, then interviewed her to figure out what autoimmune disorder she had.

They go through the full list of cancer, transplant, etc, she says no. They tell her diabetes does not count and is not that bad and to wait. They tell her a doctor's note is meaningless and they would not give her the shot even with one. They said "On 9/20 it opens up to everybody anyway so just wait it's not that long."

All three pharmacists dropped everything they were doing to come yell at her about not being allowed to have the booster.

I told her it's a numbers game and to go somewhere else and either try the truth again or just say she has cancer/is getting her first shot. She's pretty demoralized.
would they be sticking their neck out in some way by giving out a booster? like what the gently caress is wrong with them
anyways yeah lie cheat steal, hopefully your wife has better luck next time

Impkins Patootie
Apr 20, 2017

fortune smile upon me

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

Lacrosse posted:

OSHA, even before the pandemic, was hilariously short staffed and it took like, 5-10 years to process cases if you were lucky enough to get their attention.

it was already crippled.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Lacrosse posted:

I'm surprised they haven't yet

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

Maybe I am being a bit pessimistic here, but it seems to me like this is utterly loving meaningless and toothless.
What meaningful impact can mandating vaccines have when there is no way for anyone to reliably know who is or is not vaccinated? Besides the fact that HIPPA may or may not (IANAL) mean that 'are you vaccinated?' 'Yes.' is sufficient, even if it's not, big loving deal. The only 'proof' of vaccination in America is a piece of non-laminated paper that bears no signature and no stamp and which basically anyone can forge rather easily themselves, and for those lazy or stupid, cottage industries selling fake ones already exist.

Maybe I am missing something, but it seems to me like in the absence of some sort of actual database of vaccinations, that at best the impact of this mandate will be negligible and at worst it will be literally non-existant.

HIPAA does not prevent someone from requiring actual proof that you are vaccinated. Did you just stumble in from Facebook?

Lacrosse
Jun 16, 2010

>:V

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

Maybe I am being a bit pessimistic here, but it seems to me like this is utterly loving meaningless and toothless.
What meaningful impact can mandating vaccines have when there is no way for anyone to reliably know who is or is not vaccinated? Besides the fact that HIPPA may or may not (IANAL) mean that 'are you vaccinated?' 'Yes.' is sufficient, even if it's not, big loving deal. The only 'proof' of vaccination in America is a piece of non-laminated paper that bears no signature and no stamp and which basically anyone can forge rather easily themselves, and for those lazy or stupid, cottage industries selling fake ones already exist.

Maybe I am missing something, but it seems to me like in the absence of some sort of actual database of vaccinations, that at best the impact of this mandate will be negligible and at worst it will be literally non-existant.

Yeah but it makes the chuds mad and we're guaranteed to get some incredible content out of it

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔

Nocturtle posted:

Didn't think they'd actually send kids back to school unvaccinated this fall, especially given the adolescent EUA all the way back in May. Was positive they'd just review the safety data and say "good enough" while declaring Open Biden. Stupid.

The actual situation now is health authorities simultaneously urging everyone to get vaccinated, decrying the "pandemic of the unvaccinated" but then also insisting it's actually no big deal that children go back to school no need to wait a few more months. Somehow still worse than expected 18 months into the pandemic.

they're still making the calculation that school closures will cause more economic damage than all the child deaths and disabilities caused by COVID

it's very frustrating to be led by people who only care about the economy, but their perspective on the economy is totally unmoored from reality

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

straight into my veins please

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass

Shear Modulus posted:

what's the DPA? is that anything like invoking "P?"

yep, invoke the P

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

OK baizuo posted:

Biden... slightly good?

:aochloe:

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
Biden 6 point plan

No boosters
No under 12 vaccines
No testing
No masks
No real proof of vaccines needed for anyone
Yes bigger cash giveaways to small businesses

*Whispers get vaccinated, rushes away*

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Casey Finnigan posted:

they're still making the calculation that school closures will cause more economic damage than all the child deaths and disabilities caused by COVID

it's very frustrating to be led by people who only care about the economy, but their perspective on the economy is totally unmoored from reality

healthcare costs are an externality

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
I will wait at least until the end of this speech before determining if this is slightly good or actually bad.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

so when cases continue to go up, the biden admin can just go "well we did literally EVERYTHING POSSIBLE and it still didn't work, guess it's endemic and time to Live With Covid"

Phigs
Jan 23, 2019

100 degrees Calcium posted:

Even the liberals I know are saying that it's just propaganda, like it's impossible to ever really know what's going on in China.

If covid is running rampant through China and the West is not crowing about it constantly then our intelligence agencies are so beyond incompetent that it belies belief. It just doesn't survive a basic logic test. China cannot hide a big covid outbreak. Forget whether it would do, it just loving couldn't. Those people's minds are so completely lost.

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass
lol he's ending with "next month I'll release a plan with more detail"

loving lol the white house is so bad at this. it went from "we will have a plan next week" to "we have part of a plan and we will have more of a plan next month"

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

1700 people died yesterday but yeah we've come so far in the past 7 months, you stupid old gently caress

E: your god is a bloodmouthed monster

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Thoguh posted:

I will wait at least until the end of this speech before determining if this is slightly good or actually bad.

It's over already

mystes
May 31, 2006

It's not going to be good or bad because it's never going to happen.

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

nice joe, nice get vaccinated mic drop there buddy

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

also yes OSHA has been eliminated in all but name over the last 40 years

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass

mastershakeman posted:

Biden 6 point plan

No boosters
No under 12 vaccines
No testing
No masks
No real proof of vaccines needed for anyone
Yes bigger cash giveaways to small businesses

*Whispers get vaccinated, rushes away*

Also sending more regeneron to states

lol it's basically what Trump and the republicans planned

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa

Thoguh posted:

HIPAA does not prevent someone from requiring actual proof that you are vaccinated. Did you just stumble in from Facebook?

No, I'm just someone who's not very familiar with the law, like I literally said in my post.

Lacrosse posted:

Yeah but it makes the chuds mad and we're guaranteed to get some incredible content out of it

They're fascists. They're always mad. Being mad is their default state of being. They're so unable to be not mad that even when they are winning and have the things they materially want, they need to create imaginary enemies to lash out at because they have nothing but hatred and must find an external outlet to aim it at.
I don't want fascists to be mad. I want them to not be a part of society.

But barring that, I'll take something that forces them to not murder or maim everyone they meet. And a toothless mandate that cannot be enforced due to a complete lack of record-keeping doesn't really seem to meaningfully work towards that goal.

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass

WampaLord posted:

so when cases continue to go up, the biden admin can just go "well we did literally EVERYTHING POSSIBLE and it still didn't work, guess it's endemic and time to Live With Covid"

bingo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

mod sassinator posted:

Also sending more regeneron to states

lol it's basically what Trump and the republicans planned

I wonder if blue schools would have opened under Trump. Probably yes in the yuppie places and no in the big cities