Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Pizza
Oct 5, 2009

:coronatoot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

post COVID posted:

another breakthrough at work, presumably infected on Labor Day

'moderate' symptoms so far

im getting very nervous rn!!!

Lacrosse
Jun 16, 2010

>:V

mod sassinator posted:

haha holy poo poo inslee saying today's numbers and it's some of the biggest we have ever had

252 hospitalizations yesterday

4,200 new cases yesterday

Me to friend: lmao 4200 cases
Friend: yeah but that's probably from schools starting up
Me: lmao most of the districts here have only been in session for TWO DAYS

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

where were you when biden started the covid civil war

9/9 never forget

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

mastershakeman posted:

Does anyone have a link to the actual meat of Bidens new announcements, specifically how the pto works, and whether testing is allowed in lieu of vax ; hearing a lot of different interpretations

he'll get a rough sketch of an idea of what one part of the plan might conceivably be out next month. give him a chance!!!

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

empty whippet box posted:

he'll get a rough sketch of an idea of what one part of the plan might conceivably be out next month. give him a chance!!!

he's only been president for 7 months, c'mon

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

JAY ZERO SUM GAME posted:

that was 6 or 7 months ago!

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

https://twitter.com/bucksexton/status/1435972810023882752?s=21

a good point imo!

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

this is going to be instantly ruled unconstitutional by the supreme court and libs will say "well we tried everything, what more can we do" and everything will continue decaying as usual

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa

And I mean it's not like he was vice president for 8 years and in politics for decades prior. This is all very new to him.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

look, just be thankful, the man just gave up his chances of winning in 2024 and started a civil war

I found this on NYTimes

Under his plan, private sector businesses that have 100 or more employees will have to require vaccination, or mandatory weekly testing, for their workers after Mr. Biden instructs the Occupational Safety and Health Administration to draft a rule.

Oh. So uh, weekly testing makes this meaningless, plus there's no rule. No point even looking for pto rules that don't exist and could be 15 minutes or pto for employees who have worked at a place for one year before being eligible (Chicago sick time doesn't qualify unless you work 6 months for a place then resets if you go somewhere else and come back)

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

https://twitter.com/yaneerbaryam/status/1436036842193920000?s=21

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

this is going to be instantly ruled unconstitutional by the supreme court and libs will say "well we tried everything, what more can we do" and everything will continue decaying as usual

the supreme court ruled in a 6- 3 decision that cannibalism is now mandatory

"ah well nevertheless, vote"

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

Vox Nihili posted:

Civil war? Lmfao

Loucks
May 21, 2007

It's incwedibwe easy to suck my own dick.

I'm amazed that this limp dick poo poo is enough to make actual real live cspam posters say nice things about joe "I literally don't care if children die and am a rapist" biden

I get the feeling a lot of people here are just looking for an excuse to run back to the comfort of a political party and will take any excuse to ignore the overwhelming evidence that both parties openly thirst for our blood.

I’m so tired.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
Friend just said this
"
if you get paid time off for having covid... I'll pay $100 for a positive person to take a test for me"

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Glenn knows the vaccine is free, right?

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

yes? wasn't this the accepted consensus of open biden?

Loucks
May 21, 2007

Look, fat, look, Joe Biden is a senile rapist, BUT

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

And by next spring we'll have a variant that's highly transmissible and burns through the vaccine. Open Biden

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

https://twitter.com/GregAbbott_TX/status/1436104824660049921?s=19

I loving hate this guy I can't even make a quip

Loucks
May 21, 2007

gently caress private businesses.

mystes
May 31, 2006

Loucks posted:

I get the feeling a lot of people here are just looking for an excuse to run back to the comfort of a political party and will take any excuse to ignore the overwhelming evidence that both parties openly thirst for our blood.

I’m so tired.
God forbid that people who think that vaccine mandates are good recognize this as a step in the right direction rather than simply posting "Biden sucks" 5000 times every page.

Disclaimer: Biden sucks

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

same. don't like that abbott guy either come to think of it

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

don't be a doomer!!

Apr 7, 2003

lol yeah

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa

The people who are against the vaccines and most vehemently against any sort of NPIs are also pretty much against the idea that evolution exists so eh. What can ya do.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

MadJackal posted:

COVID got politicized, half the landmass of the country fully embraced legislating against personal protection, and he chose today an action which might kill his chances at reelection and might be the spark for a civil war. This wasn't an easy call to make.

why do you feel the need to make such doomer posts itt? sounds like you need to get some therapy

nomad2020
Jan 30, 2007

I just can't stand him.

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015

The whole human race
sentenced
to
burn

Glumwheels posted:

https://mobile.twitter.com/ggreenwald/status/1436091293579587591

https://mobile.twitter.com/ggreenwald/status/1436099960395665411

Weird how it’s those dang liberals fault, per Glenn, and not the right wing fascist media that he participates in spreading lies and fear about the vaccine (especially Tucker his BFF).

Lmfao cry more about it with your best pal Tucker Carlson, glemm

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

same. don't like that abbott guy either come to think of it

Loucks
May 21, 2007

mystes posted:

God forbid that people who think that vaccine mandates are good recognize this as a step in the right direction rather than simply posting "Biden sucks" 5000 times every page.

God forbid you read my posts and stop pretending I said a vaccine mandate is bad :buddy:

Biden, the Democratic Party, the Republican Party, and capitalism all suck. Pretending that this weak half measure marks the day Biden Finally Became President is craven, pathetic bullshit and if you had mastered even basic pattern recognition you’d realize this instead of lashing out at me for pointing out how bad your opinions are.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

MadJackal posted:

COVID got politicized, half the landmass of the country fully embraced legislating against personal protection, and he chose today an action which might kill his chances at reelection and might be the spark for a civil war. This wasn't an easy call to make.

I'm surprised he made the call to try to take action. Why do you think he did, does he have secret data on hospital collapse , or evictions, or supply breakdowns that we don't

Because 95% of the country is on board with let er rip and let God sort em out

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
https://twitter.com/jacobbogage/status/1436077950936440839

holy poo poo what are you doing you puddin brained rapist

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

thinking about how my employer's vaccine mandate is literally me pushing a checkbox on a google doc saying 'yes, i am vaccinated'

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
:qq: why are people bashing me for saying nice things about biden in the covid thread I can't believe this is happening i thought they loved biden here :qq:

post COVID
Mar 5, 2007

free college, free healthcare, free Shmurda

even the post-FDA approval US military vaccine mandate doesn't take effect until late November or December

this mandate doesn't do poo poo for the current / incoming carnage, but it's still a good thing

Loucks
May 21, 2007

Lastgirl posted:

https://twitter.com/jacobbogage/status/1436077950936440839

holy poo poo what are you doing you puddin brained rapist

Working as intended.

The optics of the thing are good enough to dupe posters itt. They dont actually care whether it works, they just want to establish talking points to survive midterms.

Also this helps gut USPS further.

Apr 7, 2003

MadJackal posted:

Oh yeah, I'm extremely loving sure that this decision really pissed off a bunch of people who really loved Joe Biden but hate him now because of this. lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

isn't the SC going to overrule this immediately in the name of states' rights

or is he trying to do some emergency powers thing