Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

Maru just breathlessly told me that she went to Pierre’s and picked up some sap because Robin asked her to bring home some good ingredients for dinner. I am considering how lucky I am to have my weed-gifting wife now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

Maru just breathlessly told me that she went to Pierre’s and picked up some sap because Robin asked her to bring home some good ingredients for dinner. I am considering how lucky I am to have my weed-gifting wife now.

She gets it from her dad.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
ugh don't remind me

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!

Donkringel posted:

I'm going to do a heavily modded run on my PC. Are there any tips I should know about? I make sure to check compatibilities and it usually works, but it still takes about 5 minutes for my game to load.

You probably want nexusmod's download manager to manage updates. SMAPI is the core mod manager, so you'll want that, but there are lots of fun things to sample. I recommend seasonal outfits, automate, and harvest with scythe. Everything else is gravy.

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

“Don’t tell everyone in town I’m doing aerobics” asks Harvey with a full quarter of the town’s population in the room.

ohnobugs
Feb 22, 2003

He doesn't want the guys in town to make fun of him, which they obviously do.

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?
Clint and Alex for sure do, probably Shane as well. Maybe Sam. No one else gives a poo poo.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
dumb bitch won't even take care of he self l m a o

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

Guildenstern Mother posted:

Clint and Alex for sure do, probably Shane as well. Maybe Sam. No one else gives a poo poo.

Who would Shane make fun of him to? His frozen pizza?

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

Shane would badmouth everyone in town to the chickens, while drunk.

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Gus obviously.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Gus is like the kindest person in town. He would not make fun of Harvey.

Nameless Pete
May 8, 2007

Get a load of those...
I've been thinking of really leaning into the whole "hillbilly moonshiner" angle. Is it possible to have a kid with Emily, divorce her, and then have a kid with Haley so that my children will be first cousins?

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Bismack Billabongo posted:

Gus is like the kindest person in town. He would not make fun of Harvey.

Yeah but he sighs and keeps wiping down glasses while Shane drunkenly word vomits on him.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!
You'd think Alex of all people would be the last person to throw shade for staying fit.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Nameless Pete posted:

I've been thinking of really leaning into the whole "hillbilly moonshiner" angle. Is it possible to have a kid with Emily, divorce her, and then have a kid with Haley so that my children will be first cousins?

Absolutely. However if you want to inbreed a little further there's a rumor that the woman in the portrait on grandpa's fireplace is Evelyn, meaning you might be related to Alex.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X

WarpedNaba posted:

You'd think Alex of all people would be the last person to throw shade for staying fit.

To the Alexes of the world pumping iron is staying fit and doing dance aerobics with a bunch of women would absolutely be something to ridicule

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

The one thing I always fail at with this game is making a nice looking farm. I'm just never inspired to fix things up.

Y'all should post pictures of your farms for some motivation. Or just to show off. Either way, definitely post farm pics.

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

The one thing I always fail at with this game is making a nice looking farm. I'm just never inspired to fix things up.

Y'all should post pictures of your farms for some motivation. Or just to show off. Either way, definitely post farm pics.

collect a bunch of clay from ginger island, lay out brick pathways everywhere, put hardwood fencing in where there's a gap, put in a tree where there's two. congratulations you've done 90% of it now.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

collect a bunch of clay from ginger island, lay out brick pathways everywhere, put hardwood fencing in where there's a gap, put in a tree where there's two. congratulations you've done 90% of it now.

This is pretty much it. Nice looking farms basically come down to the same concept as camoflage: break up the sterile factory farm mathematically optimal layout with some odd shapes and decorations so that your grid of weed plants doesn't look like a grid anymore.

My brain is math poisoned so beep boop most efficient grid layout to maximize arable sprinkler space.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

I appreciate the advice and will definitely do that, but I also wanna see some farms!

PYF: Post Your Farm.

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

also the stone walkway is an acceptable substitute for brick and make sure you put in some lamp posts once you have an excess of battery packs so your farm looks like a nice park and you can see at night.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

I appreciate the advice and will definitely do that, but I also wanna see some farms!

PYF: Post Your Farm.

My favorite farms over the years (!):

All Pigs All The Time, Standard Layout:

Four Corners:

Beach Farm:

Robin Enslaved Farm:

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006
I can’t help myself from making vast fields of iridium-irrigated crop land for the chance at giant crops. It’s more profitable to go whole hog on berries, but I gots to have those giant cauliflower/melons/pumpkins greeting me during the appropriate season.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Poque posted:

My favorite farms over the years (!):

All Pigs All The Time, Standard Layout:

They're all great, but this one's my favourite.

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008

I think Sam's cool with people. He's just a skaterboi that likes flowers and rocking.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Shane is too dead inside to make fun of Harvey. Shane hates Shane so much he has no room in his heart to be cruel to anyone else as long as they leave him alone.

Fun fact: Shane is the only villager who doesn't have a set doctor's appointment with Harvey. That dude is not taking care of himself

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Fun fact: Shane is the only villager who doesn't have a set doctor's appointment with Harvey. That dude is not taking care of himself

no way jojamart has health benefits

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Shane is too dead inside to make fun of Harvey. Shane hates Shane so much he has no room in his heart to be cruel to anyone else as long as they leave him alone.

You are not ready to hear about the poo poo shane says about you right after you leave the bar

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

This is my first farm I’ve been completely satisfied with, my first two were awkwardly positioned messes. I think this was year 5? Felt good to close the book on it at any rate.

And this is my current file, Fall year 2. Obviously still a work in progress as I’m only just getting started on the orchard. Probably going to move the fish ponds either down to the very bottom together or flanking the main pasture entrance and put a slime hutch up where the first pond is now. Bottom left area is connected to the pasture but will ultimately be housing a mill and my sheds.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

I've made a few farms and somehow it never occurred to me to actually... look at this thread. And already I've learned so much!

Anyway, hi, ya'll!

My first farm was a Forest farm which came out pretty well, then I did a co-op farm with my husband and another friend. Said other friend loaded us down with a buuuuuuuuunch of mods. Then the game went on sale on Switch so I did another (Forest) farm there, but I started missing the mods after I got into Y3... So now I've started a beach farm! I got the sprinklers on the sand mod because gently caress that noise, but other than that I'm just going about my business. I did the remixed bundles for the first time ever and that's been a lot of fun so far! Also I gave Shane a pizza on his birthday and the bastard repays me by shooting me down at the Flower Dance. :mad: Jerk! Just you wait until these peppers grow in, then you and me are going to be best friends!

I am unsure who I will marry this time... My first farm I completely ignored the social aspect. My farmer just lived alone with her cat, her small army of animals, and her piles of money. Eventually I had Krobus move in after that became a thing. Switch Farm I ended up shacking up with Shane because I'd already done most of the work to get his chickens. This time I haven't decided yet. Abigail is cool... but Elliott also seems like an ok dude and he already lives in a beach shack so he'd be right at home on a beach farm. I feel like Leah would also fit in, though... Undecided!

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
elliott is underrated because his schedule is actually pretty out of phase with the farmer's so most folks don't get to talk to him enough to learn anything about him. he's kinda hosed up like everyone in pelican, but he's pretty honest about his own faults and comes off as one of the more genuine people in the town. you're definitely doing him a favor by marrying him, though, homeboy is kind of a dunce when it comes to real life. leah is my personal top pick, she's an adult who had made her decisions for her own purposes and those decisions actually mesh with yours pretty well, so a relationship with her feels very much like a relationship of equals.

abi's cool enough but i always got the impression that would be a very summer marriage. she's got a couple of big goals with her life that she absolutely can't fulfill being a farmer's wife so she's either gonna have to bury them or leave you for a little while to pursue them - and it's like, why don't you go pursue those first and see if we're both still here after you've had your fill?

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
My favorite thing about Writer Fabio is how he openly admits he's vain about his hair and doesn't even give a poo poo.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

I went with Penny initially. She seemed smart and all, but on my second playthrough, she's a bit too much of a downer and goody-goody at the same time. I'm definitely picking Leah, but Maru seems interesting too, but goodness, Dimitri sucks.

Of the men, Shane and Sam are the best for sure. Elliot's not bad, but he's too much of a artsy-sort in the way Leah isn't.

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Let me marry Gus

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Let me marry Gus

Who're the most popular un-marriable characters?

I'd have to assume its Marnie, Robin, Caroline, Willy, Gunther, and Linus. In no particular order. Those are the ones I'd marry if I could. They're cool.

Marnie deserves a whole lot better than the mayor. Robin is legit probably the coolest villager. Caroline is a bit of square, but she has some cool things about her, like her tea room, Willy fishes, what more you do you want?, Gunther is probably the smartest man in town, and Linus is just the chillest person, who knows exactly what he wants.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Let me gently caress the Secret Woods Bear

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Who're the most popular un-marriable characters?

I'd have to assume its Marnie, Robin, Caroline, Willy, Gunther, and Linus. In no particular order. Those are the ones I'd marry if I could. They're cool.

Marnie deserves a whole lot better than the mayor. Robin is legit probably the coolest villager. Caroline is a bit of square, but she has some cool things about her, like her tea room, Willy fishes, what more you do you want?, Gunther is probably the smartest man in town, and Linus is just the chillest person, who knows exactly what he wants.

Sandy (the lady with the blue dress in the desert shop) was second place in the last 'Who to date next?' vote? Also part of me thinks Clint might get a big pity vote from people who want to fix everyone.

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Anyone who wants to marry Clint should work on fixing themselves first.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

I want a way to move Sandy out of the desert. I don't care if it's by marrying her or building her a house, she's clearly not happy out there.

Although it's looking like ConcernedApe isn't going to do anymore updates (which is frankly more than fair considering all the free stuff he's added over the years, in most other games the amount of content he added would have only been available via multiple paid dlcs) and is finally going to start seriously working on his next game (excited to see what that ends up being) so I guess I'll have to rely on mods to help fix Sandy's life.