Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: bunnyofdoom)

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

Glimpse posted:

If it weren’t for the racism, the fact that he’s not running candidates in my province, and that I’ve already voted for someone else, Blanchet might be swaying me.

It's easy for him to take the positions he does when he only cares about the Quebec vote. Especially the racism!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Glimpse posted:

If it weren’t for the racism, the fact that he’s not running candidates in my province, and that I’ve already voted for someone else, Blanchet might be swaying me.

Knowing you're only courting Quebec and can just say the stuff that caters to them must be pretty fun compared to all these other donkuses who have to try juggling a bunch of moron constituents with different stupid ideas.

Gros Tarla
Dec 30, 2008

These moderators reeeeally love pipelines

Glimpse
Jun 5, 2011

EngineerJoe posted:

It's easy for him to take the positions he does when he only cares about the Quebec vote. Especially the racism!

Pleads posted:

Knowing you're only courting Quebec and can just say the stuff that caters to them must be pretty fun compared to all these other donkuses who have to try juggling a bunch of moron constituents with different stupid ideas.

Yeah. I’m mostly joking, but I am enjoying Blanchet enjoying himself.

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

Chernigov Military Aviation Lyceum
The Fighting Slowpokes
moderator: anything

OTOOL: TRUDEAU ELECTION MAN BAD BAD

Gros Tarla
Dec 30, 2008

I was hoping Singh would be more precise with his various policies.

In both french debates, he really sounded like he was just echoing big progressive buzzwords with no substance and using cute feely stories. I attributed that to the language barrier.

Guess I was wrong. Pretty disappointing.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Glimpse posted:

Yeah. I’m mostly joking, but I am enjoying Blanchet enjoying himself.

People liked Duceppe in debates too

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

Chernigov Military Aviation Lyceum
The Fighting Slowpokes
the "18 year old" looks 35

Gros Tarla
Dec 30, 2008

Typo posted:

the "18 year old" looks 35

The O’toole curse

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Once the 18 year old mentioned the word Nation I could immediately see the gears turning in Blanchet's head.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

They all said they're gonna fight for me, but they're all just talking. When do they get the weapons?

e: holy poo poo, Blanchet is that poster that came in talking about how quebec is the real victim of the residential school mass graves

Powershift fucked around with this message at 03:02 on Sep 10, 2021

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
It's not like that one guy just invented that wholecloth, it is very much a "thing" in certain circles.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Blanchet really, really does not like being called a racist.

Lars Blitzer
Aug 17, 2004

He drinks a Whiskey drink, he drinks a Vodka drink
He drinks a Lager drink, he drinks a Cider drink...

Dick Tracy's number one fan.

Arc Hammer posted:

Most racists don't. They get all outraged and everything. It's funny. By the way, has Singh and Trudeau told Rebel to gently caress off tonight too?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Lars Blitzer posted:

Most racists don't. They get all outraged and everything. It's funny. By the way, has Singh and Trudeau told Rebel to gently caress off tonight too?

Not yet. Rebel will probably call in again during the after-debate media scrums.

gently caress's sake, again with Blanchet co-opting indigenous genocide to complain about Quebec bashing.

Arc Hammer fucked around with this message at 03:13 on Sep 10, 2021

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Question about affordability focused entirely on seniors, yay!

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Arc Hammer posted:

Not yet. Rebel will probably call in again during the after-debate media scrums.

gently caress's sake, again with Blanchet co-opting indigenous genocide to complain about Quebec bashing.

When you think about the French Canadians are the real first Nations and it would be racist to say otherwise

Please note that that was a joke

Edit: gently caress this. The early voting poll is still open. I'm going to go vote so I don't have to care about this for another few weeks

Madkal fucked around with this message at 03:18 on Sep 10, 2021

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Powershift posted:

Question about affordability focused entirely on seniors, yay!

Have a GST holiday!

The NPC
Nov 21, 2010

Where can I vote for the social housing guy in Ontario?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Ctv interviewed him earlier today and he said none of none of parties give a poo poo about social housing.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Please tell me Barton isn't quoting a fraiser institute study as fact

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

Rosie's got some pep tonight

Evis
Feb 28, 2007
Flying Spaghetti Monster

“Let’s try and get some answers this time shall we?”

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Everyone is equal to O'Toole in how they can contribute to the economy. The rest of it is a crapshoot.

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Arc Hammer posted:

Everyone is equal to O'Toole in how they can contribute to the economy. The rest of it is a crapshoot.

O'Toole is a Red Tory in a party of Alt-righters. Guess who would win in a CPC government?

Edit: Quebec isn't a province according to Blanchet

MakaVillian fucked around with this message at 03:43 on Sep 10, 2021

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

MakaVillian posted:

O'Toole is a Red Tory in a party of Alt-righters. Guess who would win in a CPC government?

It does amuse me how the Tories shares structural problems with the US Democratic Party where they're both a coalition of various factions who fight amongst themselves as much as they fight against establishment. The coalition of Tories in Alberta are essentially in a civil war thanks to Kenney. A federal conservative government would suck but I would get some grim amusement out of watching the Socons and the Red Tories battle it out.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

MakaVillian posted:

It's a nation within a nation.

Arc Hammer posted:

A federal conservative government would suck but I would get some grim amusement out of watching the Socons and the Red Tories battle it out.

That's some Alien vs Predator poo poo.

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

infernal machines posted:

It's a nation within a nation.

Oh right.

Gros Tarla
Dec 30, 2008

MakaVillian posted:

That is the whole premise of the Bloc

Tad Naff
Jul 8, 2004

I told you you'd be sorry buying an emoticon, but no, you were hung over. Well look at you now. It's not catching on at all!
:backtowork:

Powershift posted:

Please tell me Barton isn't quoting a fraiser institute study as fact

That was my immediate suspicion

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Gros Tarla posted:

That is the whole premise of the Bloc

I forgot they didn't consider themselves a province period

Chuka Umana
Apr 30, 2019

by sebmojo
They should have a representative of indigenous people in this debate instead of BQ

Glimpse
Jun 5, 2011

Well I deeply regret watching all that.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Glimpse posted:

Well I deeply regret watching all that.

Look at the bright side. There's no chance of things getting better so we'll all be dead soon.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

I already wrote a name on a ballot and sealed the mailing envelopes so I'm effectively done paying attention to how little each party will promise to give my shafted and forgotten generation in favour of continuing institutional and corporate wealth while the earth violently tries to exterminate us.

It was a fun election.

Jam Band Death Cult
Feb 29, 2008

I'm Very Glad I'm Going To Be An Earl
Boulerice is a lock in the riding I am eligible to vote in. I've since moved and am not going to go to the trouble of biking over there to support him with a vote. He's one of the smartest NDP candidates but also the epitome of why that is not enough.

The actual smartest might be Nima Machouf, who is running against Steve Guilbeault (currently Liberal minister of Heritage) in Laurier Ste-Marie. She's the only example of a real leftist running for the NDP that I can think of. She was the founding president of Québec solidaire as well as an important member of its predecessor (Union des forces progressistes) and per stories filtered to me through her daughters has communist Iranian parents (refugees from the Islamic revolution) who consistently deride her and husband Amir Khadir's efforts at party politics as entryist naiveté at family suppers. She also happens to be an epidemiologist who has regularly published fairly solid articles on the pandemic, which in turn makes me trust her messaging ability. I would vote for her in a heartbeat.

Jam Band Death Cult fucked around with this message at 04:28 on Sep 10, 2021

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

If anyone is watching the scrum, what did Blanchet say to the Rebel News "reporter"?

Gros Tarla
Dec 30, 2008

MakaVillian posted:

What did Blanchet say to the Rebel News "reporter"?

“I do not answer questions from Rebel News”

He did that last elections too.

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Gros Tarla posted:

“I do not answer questions from Rebel News”

He did that last elections too.

:discourse:

Thanks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Arc Hammer posted:

Blanchet's hit dog howling was the only part of that debate worth watching.