Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

CLAM DOWN posted:

who won the debate

The concept of accelerationism.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

CLAM DOWN posted:

who won the debate

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe

mediaphage posted:

the moderator

i actually thought she was fine, sure the politicos were all pretty mealy-mouthed most of the time but i liked how blunt she was "so mr/ms party leader, you've been a complete failure so far. why should we believe you'll be different as pm?"

LOL.

I gotta say, Jagmeet hasn't been a complete failure so far. During the pandemic a lot of the relief that normal people could access like CERB was only given without the multi layer means testing because of brow beating from the NDP.

It wouldn't surprise me if the Liberals are hoping to reform government as a coalition with the CPC and don't even care if they win or not as long as it serves to neuter what little effectiveness the NDP has, but in a way that isn't 100% overt.

Whatever the outcome, things are about to suck a whole lot more. Prepare to die for capital.

Just in time for wave 4.

punished milkman
Dec 5, 2018

would have won
jagmeet showed a strong commitment to preserving boomer home equity, so we can all sleep soundly tonight

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Where’s my free home Justin?

Isentropy
Dec 12, 2010

CLAM DOWN posted:

who won the debate

everyone who watched the Jays game instead

Srs answer: Justin lost by losing his cool and doing the only cool thing of the night (telling Paul he wouldn't take lessons on caucus management from her). People who don't know that Annamie Paul Melnyk'd the Green Party just see him being mean towards a woman

Isentropy has issued a correction as of 05:22 on Sep 10, 2021

Normy
Jul 1, 2004

Do I Krushchev?

Le debat.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

lol

https://twitter.com/Gray_Mackenzie/status/1436172266480574464

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Its not an S, on my planet it means QUIPS

punished milkman posted:

jagmeet showed a strong commitment to preserving boomer home equity, so we can all sleep soundly tonight

He's a succdem not a commie, what did you expect

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

Lmfao. I bet they're so mad

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

he’s doing that to make fun of jagmeet, not because he has a problem with rebel media

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

punished milkman posted:

just give everyone under 40 years old $1 million free dollars to buy a house

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

Whatever we do we can't in any way inconvenience the parasitic landed gentry in this country

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

whe should just remove the last number from everyones house worth, seems fair 2 me

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Suplex Liberace posted:

whe should just remove the last number from everyones house worth, seems fair 2 me

also put the extra digit into my bank account

Cromulent_Chill
Apr 6, 2009

skewetoo posted:

Whatever we do we can't in any way inconvenience the parasitic landed gentry in this country

If covid hasn't shown you that there isn't a demographic in Canada that will allow themselves to be inconvenienced for a greater good then what will? Parasitic wealth directing parasitic elected officials to perpetuate the colour of the boot on our necks is all electoralism is and has been for pretty much ever.

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

IÃÂÃŒÂÌ° Ó̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉mÃÂ̺̩ Ç̬A̡̮̞̠ÚÉ̱̫ K̶eÓgÃÂ.̻̱̪̕Ö̹̟

Juul-Whip posted:

I skipped the debate and went for a swim

I got really high and walked around the neighborhood and ate ice cream for dinner

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe
I went and hunted the most dangerous game... the cobrachicken.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
i still absolutely love the story behind that name.

what'd you catch?

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Rutibex posted:

also put the extra digit into my bank account

so $0?

you're poorer than you think

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

Fun Shoe

infernal machines posted:

i still absolutely love the story behind that name.

what'd you catch?

Morning was 3 drake shovelers, A Mallard hen, wood duck hen, green wing teal and a Wigeon hen for ducks and one goose. My spot was like the hotel california, I just couldn't leave. Every time I'd start to pack up more would come. If I'd not made 2 attempts to pack up before finally wrapping up at noon I would have limited on ducks for sure.

I also found 5 decoys that look like they'd been stuck in the marsh for several years and finally decided to pop back up from where they'd snagged. They looked like the crew of the Flying Dutchman if the crew were all zombie ducks.

Afternoon was 2 geese. Pass shooting. They were up high so shooting was hard. We need more clouds and wind to bring em down.

Tonight we're going to make roasted duck strips in sauce with oven roasted baby red potatoes and it is going to be amazing.

My arms are sore. I spent the entire midday kayaking around looking at stuff.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
I'm not going to watch the debates because there's not a single piece of useful information that can be gleaned from them.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

Blood Boils posted:

He's a succdem not a commie, what did you expect

To be fair, if the NDP promised revolution they'd gain the votes of twenty people and lose the votes of ten thousand.

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

Debates just confirm that the capital class has their boot on my throat

Papa Was A Video Toaster
Jan 9, 2011

angerbeet posted:

I'm not going to watch the debates because there's not a single piece of useful information that can be gleaned from them.

I was hoping I'd be able to tell how big each candidates' dick is but they were behind lecturns the whole show.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

EvilJoven posted:

Morning was 3 drake shovelers, A Mallard hen, wood duck hen, green wing teal and a Wigeon hen for ducks and one goose. My spot was like the hotel california, I just couldn't leave. Every time I'd start to pack up more would come. If I'd not made 2 attempts to pack up before finally wrapping up at noon I would have limited on ducks for sure.

I also found 5 decoys that look like they'd been stuck in the marsh for several years and finally decided to pop back up from where they'd snagged. They looked like the crew of the Flying Dutchman if the crew were all zombie ducks.

Afternoon was 2 geese. Pass shooting. They were up high so shooting was hard. We need more clouds and wind to bring em down.

Tonight we're going to make roasted duck strips in sauce with oven roasted baby red potatoes and it is going to be amazing.

My arms are sore. I spent the entire midday kayaking around looking at stuff.

nice. i can only rarely get fresh duck from the butcher here so i don't make it often but it's always great roasted. still haven't tried goose. it's possible to get fresh but the guys next to me don't really carry it with any regularity and it's too large to just be a spur of the moment thing.

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

Fun Shoe
Political debates are basically the political equivalent of unplayable demos for games they put on the big screen at E3. We all ooh ahh and then when the thing finally comes out it's trash.

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

Fun Shoe

infernal machines posted:

nice. i can only rarely get fresh duck from the butcher here so i don't make it often but it's always great roasted. still haven't tried goose. it's possible to get fresh but the guys next to me don't really carry it with any regularity and it's too large to just be a spur of the moment thing.

If you ever get some goose I have an amazing crock pot recipe for the legs and a quick fry up recipe that turns the breasts into basically boneless chicken wings and they're to die for. Perfect for watching the game.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

EvilJoven posted:

Political debates are basically the political equivalent of unplayable demos for games they put on the big screen at E3. We all ooh ahh and then when the thing finally comes out it's trash.

lmao. that's the perfect description

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

Gamers rise up

CrcleSqreSanchz
Aug 21, 2002

I'm feeling something new...something...I'm happy??!!
They just shout big numbers until the trained seals clap and get swayed.

You know what? gently caress electing a pm. Let's elect an animal to prime minister. I vote for a Canadian goose.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
like a specific goose, or canada geese as a species would choose?

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

loving beavers have a better housing policy than our useless parasitic dipshit politicians

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
imagine being allowed to just build your own home. dam i wish i was a beaver :(

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
If elected, I promise a groverhaus for every family!

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

We should be lead by a great blue heron.

CrcleSqreSanchz
Aug 21, 2002

I'm feeling something new...something...I'm happy??!!
Personally I just want to throw a pissed off goose in a tumor made suit into the next g8 meeting.

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

every time i pay attention to canadian politics i just come away more depressed

Papa Was A Video Toaster
Jan 9, 2011

Wheeee posted:

yup. want some legal weed?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Wheeee posted:

it's kind of remarkable how such a small, unimportant, apathetic country can be so depressing