Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

https://twitter.com/ben_rosen/status/1431833914448908288

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

This but it's an Ace Attorney style adventure game.

Shrimp or Shrimps
Feb 14, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KfpRVg3c3V0

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
I was thinking about the Froove video today at work apropos of nothing and I was very disturbed.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Ghost Leviathan posted:

This but it's an Ace Attorney style adventure game.

Hello, new thing I've never wanted more in my life

Georgia Peach
Jan 7, 2005

SECESSION IS FUTILE

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Oh, Dee, you card. :-*
All because I just had to have that second profiterole. I'm deserving of the nom de guerre.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

It's Maris, she's been a terrible dietary influence; she's been insatiable, and just packing on the ounces. The other day I noticed an umbra in her shadow for the first time.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
I guess what's interesting about Frasier is how it had to obscure the particulars of how labor relations and property ownership worked any time came up.

Like the episode where Frasier tries to take on his condo association and Roz relates by claiming that she hounded her COA into replacing her disposal. Most condo ownerships (certainly in the Seattle area) are studs-in ownership and I doubt a disposal would be eligible for replacement under protection of the condo association.

Anyway thanks for/I'm listening.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

poo poo POST MALONE posted:

Anyway thanks for/I'm listening.

Excuse me poo poo POST MALONE, I’ve got news for you. Copernicus called, and you are not the center of the universe!

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

Martytoof posted:

Excuse me poo poo POST MALONE, I’ve got news for you. Copernicus called, and you are not the center of the universe!

This is like a David Spade x Kelsey Grammer joint and I'm all about it.

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

What's a hole doing in my TARDIS?

Rewatching the series for the bajillionth time and there are a lot more S1 jokes about Roz maybe being an alcoholic than I remembered

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
One of the few things I won't ever defend the series for is how loving hard they are on Roz. She's absolutely smarter than Frasier or Niles or perhaps even Martin. She's been through some real poo poo. She's good at her job. And goddamn they never let up on her for liking sex and living her life.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

One of the few things I won't ever defend the series for is how loving hard they are on Roz. She's absolutely smarter than Frasier or Niles or perhaps even Martin. She's been through some real poo poo. She's good at her job. And goddamn they never let up on her for liking sex and living her life.

Roz is life

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

What's a hole doing in my TARDIS?

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

She kinda got caught in that weird, intermediary "women have equal rights, which is one more thing we can make fun of them for" period in the 90s.

Cosmik Slop fucked around with this message at 07:46 on Nov 10, 2021

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Cosmik Slop posted:

She kinda got caught in that weird, intermediary "women have equal rights, which is one more thing we can make fun of them for" period in the 90s.

Which ended up bubbling into the in-retrospect frothing misogyny of the 00s.

Given the executives literally mandated that Roz had to get pregnant from being sexually active, I imagine a lot of that was similarly enforced.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Which ended up bubbling into the in-retrospect frothing misogyny of the 00s.

Given the executives literally mandated that Roz had to get pregnant from being sexually active, I imagine a lot of that was similarly enforced.

At the same time they sent Daphne to fat camp when her actual real life pregnancy got in the way.

barbecue at the folks
Jul 20, 2007

Just saw this

https://twitter.com/frasier_looking/status/1457664579085946881

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I don't get it, but I love it.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

I just noticed in the two parter episode where he lines up three dates in three days, he habitually pours drinks for his dates before they even arrive.

Frasier is a freak.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Can't waste time talking when you can get straight to drinking and fuckin.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

What is a boy to do

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

They spent so much time testing out "Frasier as a boyfriend" only to realize "Frasier an incel" is way way way funnier.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

oldpainless posted:

What is a boy to do

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

They spent so much time testing out "Frasier as a boyfriend" only to realize "Frasier an incel" is way way way funnier.

Very common sitcom thing where characters who complain the most about not being able to get laid get more dates than some shows' supposed Casanovas.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

In this episode Niles has a cell phone with two lines for a visual gag with Frasier.

On the one hand, I don't like my Frasier Immersion being ruined by pesky technological facts but on the other hand, Frasier and Niles arguing over the phone 10' away from one another is funny.

Truly, what is a boy to do?

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

I enjoy how Frasier is simultaneously the most easily recognized celebrity in all of 1996 Seattle and also just Some Guy when it's convenient for the gag.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

I enjoy how Frasier is simultaneously the most easily recognized celebrity in all of 1996 Seattle and also just Some Guy when it's convenient for the gag.

Came up in the Simpsons thread where Krusty the Clown varies from world-famous merchandising juggernaut to struggling local act depending on the episode, also somewhat canonically. (I remember an official guide book saying Krusty's career has seen 'very high highs and very low lows'.)

Gotta suspend some disbelief anyway, the kind of call-in talk radio that Frasier does was already an anachronism by the 90s.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

It's sort of unbelievable that anyone would recognize an am talk radio host for a call-in psychiatry show based on his face alone.

I watched the Frasier Crane Day episode again today and reveled in the fact that even in painfully new loafers he could have just walked to his rally.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

It's a job that gives him a well known reputation, good pay and lots of free time, of course. It does seem implied that he just does it as something to keep him active, as he and Niles are both shown to be some degree of independently wealthy and have investments outside of their day jobs; when Frasier gets laid off he doesn't seem to have any real trouble with money, just depression.

On the other hand, Niles and Maris have probably one of the most realistic divorces shown on TV, especially for a wealthy dysfunctional couple. (not that the whole relationship arc doesn't start to get ridiculous towards the end, I blame TV writers loving cheap drama)

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

I started to think about how if Frasier ever lost his spacious apartment that Marty would be in a tight spot but based on SPD pensions and 1990's rent he could live wherever he wanted.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

I've never managed to make it beyond when Daphne and Niles get together, that's a big ole oof magoof for me.

Also Jane Leeves' schtick is wildly overrated, while Peri Gilpin is a total superstar.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

That's usually when I tail off as well. Not that I haven't watched it to the end before, but episodes after this typically just feel very "early 2000s sitcom", for the obvious reason that it was an early 2000s sitcom at that point. What that means and why it puts me off is something I can't really easily articulate. Just the mood of the show feeling somewhat off, but also yeah -- Niles clumsily lusting after Daphne was much more entertaining than Niles being with Daphne.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

I bet Frasier always made extra sure his massive forehead was on any billboard the station put up, and expected citywide recognition on that alone

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Martytoof posted:

Niles clumsily lusting after Daphne was much more entertaining than Niles being with Daphne.
There's a point where Daphne goes "HAH! IT'S YOUR FAULT IM A FAT PIG HOW COULD I EVER LIVE UP GO YOUR IDEAL IMAGE WHAT IF YOU LEAVE ME"

and Niles keeps badmouthing her shrink. That tanks the show for me

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I started to think about how if Frasier ever lost his spacious apartment that Marty would be in a tight spot but based on SPD pensions and 1990's rent he could live wherever he wanted.

Marty should've held on to that house, imagine what it would be worth today.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

Why does Frasier have a black toilet?

What is a boy to doo doo?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pitch a fitness
Mar 19, 2010

Brawnfire posted:

I bet Frasier always made extra sure his massive forehead was on any billboard the station put up, and expected citywide recognition on that alone

Not to mention his easily identifiable humongous rear end