Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jetfire
Apr 29, 2008
Yves-Francois "DILLIGAF" Blanchet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Did anything ever come of those accusations that Blanchet was a coke dealing rear end in a top hat who assaulted women in bathrooms? I'd love for that to be the end of his career.

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.

Pleads posted:

I already wrote a name on a ballot and sealed the mailing envelopes so I'm effectively done paying attention to how little each party will promise to give my shafted and forgotten generation in favour of continuing institutional and corporate wealth while the earth violently tries to exterminate us.

It was a fun election.

This is an under-appreciated benefit of voting by mail. It's very easy!

Gros Tarla
Dec 30, 2008

Arc Hammer posted:

Did anything ever come of those accusations that Blanchet was a coke dealing rear end in a top hat who assaulted women in bathrooms? I'd love for that to be the end of his career.

The accusation ended up removed from the denunciation page along with a few others. Nothing else came out of it as far as I know.

He was definitely a cokehead, though. He was Eric Lapointe’s agent.

Kraftwerk
Aug 13, 2011
i do not have 10,000 bircoins, please stop asking

What are the takeaways from the debate for someone who hasn’t watched it yet or voted yet?

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Kraftwerk posted:

What are the takeaways from the debate for someone who hasn’t watched it yet or voted yet?

There is nothing, absolutely nothing, more important in this country than maintaining boomers home equity.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Legault endorsing O'Toole further convinces me that provincial governments are garbage and need to be destroyed. Selfish self destructive children who demand more and more money and then get super defensive when people ask what they're planning to do with the money. The provincial governments smashed us headlong into the pandemic and then blamed everyone else.

The Federal government should also be destroyed mind you. And municipal government. To varying degrees.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

My favourite part was the Green leader complaining nobody had accepted the Greens' invite to a multi-party debate on climate change as if they had any reason to waste their time responding to the Green Party of Canada.

Jetfire
Apr 29, 2008
Whoever let the Rebel and their spawn get accredited to ask questions (re: bloviate about themselves) needs to get their head dunked in a toilet.

Gros Tarla
Dec 30, 2008

Arc Hammer posted:

Legault endorsing O'Toole further convinces me that provincial governments are garbage and need to be destroyed. Selfish self destructive children who demand more and more money and then get super defensive when people ask what they're planning to do with the money. The provincial governments smashed us headlong into the pandemic and then blamed everyone else.

The Federal government should also be destroyed mind you. And municipal government. To varying degrees.

otoh, my provincial government has told western conservatives backed by the feds to shove their pipelines up their rear end so I’m split really

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Jetfire posted:

Whoever let the Rebel and their spawn get accredited to ask questions (re: bloviate about themselves) needs to get their head dunked in a toilet.

That would be the Supreme Court, unfortunately.

Who the hell let that other lunatic convinced that the Commies were building a bio-weapon in a Manitoba laboratory into journalist pool?

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

Jetfire posted:

There was a lawsuit about it.

Didn't you hear from the 97 questions?

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Jetfire posted:

Lauren Southern probably shot flares at their head until they surrendered and let them in.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Oh for gently caress's sake. I'm catching up on the Q&A afterward. Why the gently caress did Annamie Paul entertain giving Rebel Media a goddamn platform?!?

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Arc Hammer posted:

Oh for gently caress's sake. I'm catching up on the Q&A afterward. Why the gently caress did Annamie Paul entertain giving Rebel Media a goddamn platform?!?

The general sense I got from her during that debate was that she kind of wasn't all that good at making decisions despite talking a big game, so this scans. No wonder her caucus of 1 wants to have her ejected from leadership and the only reason she holds on to power is that her vote cancels out his.

Jam Band Death Cult
Feb 29, 2008

I'm Very Glad I'm Going To Be An Earl

Arc Hammer posted:

It largely seems forgotten, and all signs point to it not being the end of his career, enragingly. Either the journalistic corps here didn't think it was actionable info or they were too negligent to verify. I did see a vandalized BQ poster with a graffiti accusing him of assault the other day, and some muted chatter on Mtl Leftbook, but that's about it.

Fidelitious
Apr 17, 2018

MY BIRTH CRY WILL BE THE SOUND OF EVERY WALLET ON THIS PLANET OPENING IN UNISON.
Disregarding that Blanchet sucks as a person, I really enjoyed someone that can just not give a gently caress in the debate because he doesn't have to. Everyone else trying to spin every question back to their talking points and Blanchet just like "yeah, I'd just shut all the oil down, like immediately". It was equally enjoyable to see him get all whiny about racism questions and the handling of care homes. Oh, and how he didn't get equal speaking time. Well buddy, that's how it works when your whole thing is specifically about not trying to win so no one cares about your foreign policy thoughts.

Also, surely I'm not the only one who thought Trudeau came across as being on some "special vitamins"? Yikes, I thought he was going to start spraying spittle and pouring sweat out at any second to go with the waterfall of rapid-fire words.
Made it seem like he's really nervous about the election.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

Arc Hammer posted:

This is the same party that platformed chemtrails weirdos because "everyone should have a voice"

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Annamie Paul is trying desperately to get elected in my riding and is gonna get absolutely loving DEMOLISHED by former host of The Social Marci Ien

Like, crushed into fine particulate

MNIMWA
Dec 1, 2014

MA-Horus posted:

Annamie Paul is trying desperately to get elected in my riding and is gonna get absolutely loving DEMOLISHED by former host of The Social Marci Ien

It's just bizarre that she made the choice to try and get elected in that riding. Find a winnable one! Or one that's even halfway competitive. When she loses it will just result in more leadership questions for her/the Greens and they'll slide further into irrelevance.

Mr Luxury Yacht
Apr 16, 2012

MA-Horus posted:

Speaking of Toronto Centre:

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Mr Luxury Yacht posted:

Speaking of Toronto Centre:

You don't get to vote this time. Sorry you had to find out like this.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

infernal machines posted:

You don't get to vote this time. Sorry you had to find out like this.

I have a spare voter's card and extra ID to match (it's my deadname). Want to do some electoral fraud?

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Vote by mail, there might still be time

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Arivia posted:

I have a spare voter's card and extra ID to match (it's my deadname). Want to do some electoral fraud?

Somewhere, a Conservative Facebook group just had a collective heart attack.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

infernal machines posted:

Somewhere, a Conservative Facebook group just had a collective heart attack.

the frustrating thing is i literally took both cards and all ID i had to the polls with me last time and swore an oath and signed an affidavit attesting that this person does not exist any more. i want to stop getting these loving cards. why the hell can't elections canada get its act together?

Jimbozig
Sep 30, 2003

I like sharing and ice cream and animals.
My wife just said "my uncle is coming to visit from England and my mom wants to know if we will come over and see him."

I'm like... From ENGLAND? And he doesn't have to quarantine?!

My international students from India can't even get a direct flight and England has like 15 times as much COVID per capita as India.

What is this racist bullshit? Why would we be letting in anyone from England with their 40,000 cases per day??

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Medals only weigh one down.

Jimbozig posted:

My wife just said "my uncle is coming to visit from England and my mom wants to know if we will come over and see him."

My international students from India can't even get a direct flight and England has like 15 times as much COVID per capita as India.

What is this racist bullshit? Why would we be letting in anyone from England with their 40,000 cases per day??

The commonwealth is about a lot of countries' relationship with the UK, not so much with each other :)

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
This is the first election I've gotten a voter's card for in years, I guess the govt. finally noticed I'd moved like five years later. Will be nice to not have to bring up my utility bill on my phone so an 80 year old can peer at it with great vexation.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Weirdly, ever since moving to Toronto I've received a voter info card for every election, with the proper information at the correct address, even when I had moved just before the election.

Never once got one in Brampton.

MagicCube
May 25, 2004

Jimbozig posted:

The border just opened on Tuesday to fully vaccinated travelers of all nationalities. They also need to provide a negative PCR test from up to 72 hours before travel. With those two things they don't need to quarantine.

I believe the flight ban from India is scheduled to end on September 21 too. Do agree it's kind of dumb that it's been still in effect since their case rate has been pretty stable for the last ~2 months.

MagicCube fucked around with this message at 16:09 on Sep 10, 2021

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Annamie Paul isn't doing a very good job defending her utter lack of presence in supporting other Green candidates. Something something "taking a jumbo jet to campaign stops is too big a carbon footprint give me a fair shake I am trying to win my riding and I was elected Party Leader during the pandemic" something something waffle.

Mad Hamish
Jun 15, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Hey there's a rally for the unvaccinated gathering in front of my office building in downtown Hamilton, that's just......great.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Mad Hamish posted:

Hey there's a rally for the unvaccinated gathering in front of my office building in downtown Hamilton, that's just......great.

Got any piss balloons ??

ChickenDoodle
Oct 22, 2020

Arc Hammer posted:

Annamie Paul isn't doing a very good job defending her utter lack of presence in supporting other Green candidates. Something something "taking a jumbo jet to campaign stops is too big a carbon footprint give me a fair shake I am trying to win my riding and I was elected Party Leader during the pandemic" something something waffle.

Everything about her just makes her seem like a condescending idiot. Completely unlikable, doesn’t even know what her own party platform is… just a trash fire

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

How was she even elected as leader of the Greens? Surely there had to have been signs of her absurd behavior beforehand.

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

Arc Hammer posted:

That particular Rebel Media person was somewhat clever and based his "question" on one of theme's Paul was harping on all night (same old parties, same old ideas) and I don't think she could resist taking the bait.

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

McGavin posted:

How was she even elected as leader of the Greens? Surely there had to have been signs of her absurd behavior beforehand.

The Greens aren't exactly smart

Mad Hamish
Jun 15, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

An astute co-worker noticed that the nonsense protect we saw this afternoon seems to have been organized by that Chris Sky whackadoodle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Got mailed a stack of five Voter Information Cards for people who do not live at my address.